New legendary weapons?

New legendary weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Hell.

Yes.

Anything you can tell us or hint at Anet? Hopefully reworks of some existing legendary weapons will come with this yes?

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

Hopefully they will be done by different designers. The current ones are ugly without exception. Many look like weapons of anime style games, the others look like they have been created in a girls school contest. Really. Give us skins fitting to medieval, steampunk of at least Tyria race style of weapons.

But since legendary stuff is only for a small percentage of players, why bother. I play since release, each day about 2-3 hours and if I would have saved most resources for a legendary, I would have to play for another 20 months to get one.

Don’t misunderstand me. I am not jealous, I don’t even like one of the current skins. If the intended system is for the 24/7 player to be the only ones getting that stuff, fine for me. But if ArenaNet has planned to make legendaries a suitable long term goal for players like me as well, let me tell you: it is not.

Most in my guild, playing around the same amount as me, don’t even know how to create a legendary, because they are sure never the get one. Nothing wrong with that though, if it is intended like this.

(edited by Grileenor.1497)

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I more hope for legendary armors

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Evolving Minotaur.5871

Evolving Minotaur.5871

Can you develop a way to have underwater legendary weapons displayed in cities?

Kraitin looks awesome and I would be willing to bet not being able to show them off is one of the reasons Carcharias sells for 44gold, Venom sells for 27 gold and Rage sells for 24…. the three cheapest precursors in the game.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i read legendary gear.

that translate into legendary armor, back item, amulet, accessories, rings for me.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The sword in the picture under the “new legendary” info looks like it might be one of those.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I still feel some hate in this post. I play roughtly 1h in average (ok much more earlier on but still) and I am now working on my 3rd legendary. It doesn’t take that long for the recources. If you play 2-3h/day and you don’t have enough recources, you do something wrong, or you just don’t do PvE or whatever. I don’t play the market, but if you play a bit effeciently (let’s say 2-3 dungeon runs with your guild per day and some farming) you get 10g/day which nets 300/month, meaning 3000g in 10 months. Of course you can spend this money otherwise, and maybe you did that.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

GW1 weapon contest solved the “Ugly” weapon part, well sort of. I would love to see legendary weapon taken from the gw1 contest, because they were just that, legendary.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

i read legendary gear.

amulet, accessories, rings for me.

I don’t think this will ever happen. Amulets etc. don’t change your appearance.
A legendary armor box or crafting a legendary armor one by one would be kinda neat.
(psssh A.Net don’t waste your time on designing new armors just use the Fissure of Woe Skins from GW1)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

The sword in the picture under the “new legendary” info looks like it might be one of those.

The sword is Bolt. An already existing one.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

(psssh A.Net don’t waste your time on designing new armors just use the Fissure of Woe Skins from GW1)

…please, don’t. Most of those were quite ugly.

The sword is Bolt. An already existing one.

My bad. I guess it shows how much i was interested in 1h swords ;P

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i read legendary gear.

A legendary armor box or crafting a legendary armor one by one would be kinda neat.

oh, it will happen.

the convenience of changing stats for back item, amulets, accessories, rings is legendary worthy.

New legendary weapons?

kokiman.2364

i read legendary gear.

oh, it will happen.

the convenience of changing stats for back item, amulets, accessories, rings is legendary worthy.

Well depends on how hard they are to obtain. I’d love to see legendary accessories but only if they get a proper flavor text ;_;

…please, don’t. Most of those were quite ugly.

Ugly? Most of them were really simple design-wise except the warrior maybe. I’d love to see those armors back in GW2 after all those spiky shiny fiery armorsets.

GuildWars 2

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

“On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013.”

I hope it is legendary armor.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

“On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013.”

This! I want some legendary boots. Call them Air Logan’s. Make me run real fast.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

I still feel some hate in this post. I play roughtly 1h in average (ok much more earlier on but still) and I am now working on my 3rd legendary. It doesn’t take that long for the recources. If you play 2-3h/day and you don’t have enough recources, you do something wrong, or you just don’t do PvE or whatever. I don’t play the market, but if you play a bit effeciently (let’s say 2-3 dungeon runs with your guild per day and some farming) you get 10g/day which nets 300/month, meaning 3000g in 10 months. Of course you can spend this money otherwise, and maybe you did that.

1. You can’t net each 10g/day by playing 1h in average.
2. Choose your playstyle and have fun. If you do, you can’t do something wrong. There is no such thing as the best way to play.
3. I don’t do farming und I might run one dungeon a week with my guild. We enjoy the game, we don’t ‘work’ it.
4. To sum up 3000 gold in ten month is not playing ‘a bit’ effeciently, its hard labor grinding if you ask me. Seriously, you are no average player but maybe the type of player legendaries are build for in the first place.

No offense meant though. If this means fun to you, everything is good.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Thryfe.2576

Thryfe.2576

This! I want some legendary boots. Call them Air Logan’s. Make me run real fast.

LMAO, ohhhh man that legit made me bust out laughing. You good Sir have kicked off my morning to a great start.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Great, now I need to grind up my crafting skills, or should I be looking at this as a good thing?

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

it will render all existing legendaries useless!!! (in fashion)

New legendary weapons?

Scoobaniec.9561

I will be happy to see less twilight around.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

They already are. Unless you’re dragging the chicken harp along, you’re not wielding anything special nor unique anymore.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

New legendary weapons?

kokiman.2364

What’s with this weird mindset “new and rare = awesome” I really don’t get it. Did you make your legendary because it is rare or because it looks awesome? Does it magically start looking worse if they add new legendaries?

GuildWars 2

New legendary weapons?

Scoobaniec.9561

What’s with this weird mindset “new and rare = awesome” I really don’t get it. Did you make your legendary because it is rare or because it looks awesome? Does it magically start looking worse if they add new legendaries?

Thats what 90% here aims for..They making legendary to be “awesome” not for its look.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Therefore I am superawesome!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

Well, I believe it’s possible. Right now, dungeon runs give 1-3 golds each, and some people do them in under 10 mins, so it is possible to easily get 10 g/day doing only dungeon runs, and I am not even selling the loot.

3. I don’t do farming und I might run one dungeon a week with my guild. We enjoy the game, we don’t ‘work’ it.

What a great quote! “We enjoy the game, we don’t ‘work’ it”. You nailed it!

Me and my guildies do dungeons in almost an hour, maximum 1 dung/day. Is not good to “work” them, but we enjoy it!

4. To sum up 3000 gold in ten month is not playing ‘a bit’ effeciently, its hard labor grinding if you ask me.

I have 7 months playing, and I believe I only got something like 100 golds… Go figure.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Well, I believe it’s possible. Right now, dungeon runs give 1-3 golds each, and some people do them in under 10 mins, so it is possible to easily get 10 g/day doing only dungeon runs, and I am not even selling the loot.

The only dungeon run, AFAIK, that people can still do in under 10 minutes is CoF Path 1, and you only get the gold reward once a day per account. Most dungeon runs are closer to 20 minutes and those only give 1g each. The ones that give 3 gold take around 40 minutes (for the best groups), if not much longer for your average group.

If you can squeeze in CoF1, Arah2 and one other dungeon in 60 minutes, that’s 5g, but since you’re running past most of the mobs, it’s unlikely you’ll net even another gold (on average) from drops. If you squeeze in CoF1 and three other relatively short dungeons in 60 minutes, that’s 4g. Neither is anywhere close to the 10g you think is possible. I’m sure there are other ways of making more money, but it’s not the way you expressed, and it’s usually not without conditions as well (e.g. a lot of capital, a lot of gauntlet tickets to minimize downtime, or not counting the other X hours needed for something to flip). =P

(edited by Serenity.6149)

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

oh, it used to be quite possible. CoF 1 farming used to net you 1-2 golds per run from drops and such. At 10 min per run that means 6-12 golds per 1h

Now it is a little more “difficult”. You need to farm different dungeons to get the 1gp reward per path.. but then you have at least CoF 1 and HotW 1 & 2, which can be done in less than 10 minutes with a speedrun team. That means 3 guaranteed gold plus drops, I bet around 5 golds in half an hour plus WP time. I don’t know about other “farmable” paths, but i bet there are more.

And then you can farm Orr, champs, whatever for the next 30 minutes. I expect farming groups to get at least 6-8 gp an hour (being conservative.. I don’t sell all the matz).

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

oh, it used to be quite possible. CoF 1 farming used to net you 1-2 golds per run from drops and such. At 10 min per run that means 6-12 golds per 1h

Now it is a little more “difficult”. You need to farm different dungeons to get the 1gp reward per path.. but then you have at least CoF 1 and HotW 1 & 2, which can be done in less than 10 minutes with a speedrun team. That means 3 guaranteed gold plus drops, I bet around 5 golds in half an hour plus WP time. I don’t know about other “farmable” paths, but i bet there are more.

And then you can farm Orr, champs, whatever for the next 30 minutes. I expect farming groups to get at least 6-8 gp an hour (being conservative.. I don’t sell all the matz).

Way too much selective/optimistic rounding in your example. =P

You’re using the best possible completion time, then using a very optimistic return of 2g loot (which implies lodestones, an exotic drop or a lot of rare drops), and finally a very optimistic return of 3-4g loot in 30 minutes of farming Orr/champs. If you used a stopwatch and limited yourself to an hour, from the moment you login/start playing to the moment to logoff/stop playing, it’s very unlikely you’d manage an average of 10g per day from your method unless you lucked out with some super rare drop, but that wouldn’t be very average would it?

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Do you all think, with the coming mats leading to lvl 500 crafts being account bound that these new precursor weapons and possibly the ones we have now will become account bound? Also, Precursor’s may still drop but will these then become account bound upon acquire. Do you think that if they do become account bound they will make legendary weapons account bound too?

It does sort of seem like they are heading in that direction. Possibly making these new and current legendary weapons account bound upon acquire (most likely then soulbound upon use) rather than soulbound on use which would allow you to sell them.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

As long as they hire some fresh meat to design the legendaries – sure! Throw it at me! Sadly, the design talent left with Kotaki. Just look at the newest armours and weapons released so far – uninspired and same-y.

Honestly, the current legendaries (most of which were made by Kotaki) are some of the best looking gear in the game.

New legendary weapons?

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

i read legendary gear.

It was already confirmed in an article that came out at the same time that there was going to be a legendary trinket – think accessory. It was an interview with Colin. I’ll edit this post if I feel like going to find it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/

“In the meantime, there will be new Legendary weapons based on current weapon types, as ArenaNet wants to provide players with more variety in looks and themes for the powerful weapons. One new type of Legendary gear will definitely be putting in an appearance this year and will likely be a trinket such as a ring or amulet. Several of the current Legendaries will also receive appearance-enhancing makeovers.”

(edited by Sorin.4310)