New legendary weapons vs LS3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Mike told us that legendary weapons was stopped for working more on content, ok i can understand.

1 week ago ls3 started , i completed story and ap in something like 4 hour ; i can say ls3 ep1 is similar to ls2 ep 1 (both have a new map and 1 hour and half of story) but the episode of the ls2 came out every 2-4 week with 2 big break (summer break and winter break), now we have 2 – 3 month break every episode (yes they add a new fractal , but is semi-recicle of old fractal with some new mechanics).

I think Arenanet can’t find a balance in their organizations… i don’t think that this patch added enough content (it’s since exp launch we don’t have new content except raids, i love raids btw) and instead added a lot of bugs (some are fixed now).

At the same time they have this policy about we can’t talk about nothing , when it’s ready , later this year , we are not ready to talk about this bla bla bla ; only cos this game doesn’t have a monthly fee doesn’t mean that ppl don’t need to know something about the scheduling and the future of the game (is pretty grey atm)

Soo in the end we lost new legendary weapons for a ls that is similar (in terms of content ) to the old ls but with more break, i don’t undestand why…. they don’t have enough ppl to keep fresh all the game mode? (pvp , wvwvw , open world , raid , dungeon/fractals) , they don’t want to spend more money and they are happy of the actual state of the game? or what?

(sorry for my bad bad bad english)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Nero and Onevstheworld, you asked if this means that LW can come sooner than July.

Full story episodes have a long lead-time. But I don’t think LW content has to be all about the episodes. So… maybe.

This looks like a reference to the “Current Events” events we got leading up to LS3, including the Leyline and Bandit events. Having said that, MO also said that full story episodes have a long lead time, so it’s possible the Legendary team has been working on things that aren’t in this episode at all. We really don’t know.

I’m reserving my judgement about the new pacing until we’re further into LS3. This episode wasn’t super long, but I’m really enjoying what we got, quality-wise.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t forget: When the Living World Episodes came more frequently, the Team was not working on an expansion (much). When the Team was working on an expansion, there was little content released (content drought).

This time, Mike stated, that the Team wanted to be able to work on both at the same time, thus the less frequent LW releases, and less content drought.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Nero and Onevstheworld, you asked if this means that LW can come sooner than July.

Full story episodes have a long lead-time. But I don’t think LW content has to be all about the episodes. So… maybe.

This looks like a reference to the “Current Events” events we got leading up to LS3, including the Leyline and Bandit events. Having said that, MO also said that full story episodes have a long lead time, so it’s possible the Legendary team has been working on things that aren’t in this episode at all. We really don’t know.

I’m reserving my judgement about the new pacing until we’re further into LS3. This episode wasn’t super long, but I’m really enjoying what we got, quality-wise.

yhea , it’s true it was really fun to play the story and the new map (the narrative writers and the artist did a fantastic job) , but i think this patch was really important cos is the first new content patch since expa launch… and in the content size imo it was weak

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

The journey of making legendary is great and makes that you want play.

Story is very short after 9 months break. I expected story something like HoT’ Story, not like Gate of Maguuma or Echoes of the Past’ Epizodes.
But new fractal, pvp and wvw’ updates make me happy.

AngryJoe in Review said that story doesn’t make that you want play, but gameplay.
And it is good that anet focuses on fractals, pvp and wvw because they are core game elements.

And the new map… absolutely gorgeous. Great Job to Artists!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

We’ll have more data to examine when the 2nd chapter gets published. In the meantime, sadly, we can’t assume anything. We’ll see… later.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

“LS3 shelved indefinitely, White Mantle and Lazarus no longer matter.”

Coming late Fall 2016 – The Fire’s Heart – Guild Wars 2 Expansion.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I can appreciate ANet identifying a project that is running long and is more complicated then first imaged. Good on them for seeing this and making a tough call. A lot of ventures will just keeping running along since they have the we can’t turn back now mentality.

That said there is also another avenue that could be taken here under some assumptions and conditions.

If the final Legendary and Pre-Cursor art/animation and such are already done, and the Mystic Forge recipes are in place, just the Precursor journey and crafting are lacking, then go old-school. Allow the Pre-Cursors to be ultra rare drops in the world and have them act like the original Precursors. Allow people to collect and trade them.

This would do a number of things:

• Allow for completed work to be released
  • Allow players to appreciate time already spent in development
  • Give players new shines to chase and trade
  • Give ANet a baseline for how much players are willing to spend on them and therefore help formalize future recipes for the Pre-Cursor crafting
  • Give people disenfranchised with the project being terminated something to go after and hope for a one day return
  • And this potentially has a low cost of deployment if all the above factors are true on the final state of the new weapons

Game wise this would fit since most players are familiar with Pre-Cursors dropping from loot and the forge. Pattern wise it was also fit since for years players could not craft Precursors so that’s not new. Lore wise it could fit, people would need to find these new ones first before learning how to craft themselves and before the master crafters would be able to educate others on the journey.

Anyway, can only suggest this and wonder for future options. Good gaming!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We don’t know what the people are working who used to working on the legendar project. It certainly wasn’t “just 4 hours of content”. Among the possibilities: those people are now tasked with fixing all the event bugs with existing collections (including some legendaries) — in effect, that would be MO saying, “we’re not releasing new legendaries until there are no issues with obtaining the existing ones”. Seems like a reasonable trade off to me, even if it’s not the one you or I might make.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”