New low level system is strange and confusing

New low level system is strange and confusing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

The first thing I did was my usual, get the harvesting stuff, salvaging stuff, some weapons, and off I go with the usual map completion stuff.. And as I am leveling I notice it’s easier and faster which is okay I suppose since most people probably want to get through the newbie area’s quick. Then I notice at 7 I unlock points of interests.. hold on a second I have already been getting those, what does that mean that I have to go back and get them again? (this is what a new player may think..) but I already got them so what exactly does this unlock do exactly? Not a whole lot..it’s just a tip I guess disguised as an award?
Same goes for vista’s at level 10, I already had been collecting them but unlocked them at level 10? I already could use the black lion trader before I “unlocked” it also..
This system is very confusing especially if you had already been harvesting and doing things before they were unlocked.

The worst part is when I went to get the first skill point in Wayfarer foothills it wasn’t on my map but the lady was still there, so I hail her and nothing happens.. ok well that kinda sucks she’s still there and the right level but I can’t attack her I guess because I haven’t “unlocked” my 13th level point. So at this point I realize I will have to back track into the newbie zone to get that point but since it wasn’t showing up on my map it would be darn hard for anyone to find later. But it gets better.. Someone else attacks her and I tag her and I can get the skill point anyway, I just can’t activate it myself…

This system just seems really strange and the way it’s worded as “Unlock” means that you shouldnt be able to do them before those levels. Which by the way I don’t agree with please don’t change it so you can’t do it! Just take away the “fake” award for leveling that’s really just a tool tip in disguise

I just don’t think this new system will be any easier for new players, and possibly more confusing