New nightfury like shoulders this Wintersday

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

According to the new livestream showcasing the new wintersday update, there is a new shoulders that is a bit like Nightfury but give a snoweffect instead. You will need to buy the blueprint for a few gold/karma and then do wintersday activities and put certain sigils in the mystic forge.

http://i.imgur.com/RyNuUSH.jpg

Some other notes about the livestream if you missed it: http://dulfy.net/2015/12/11/gw2-guild-chat-wintersday-preview-livestream-notes/

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I want that!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hopefully it doesn’t involve impossible RNG. I love anything ice or water themed more than anything.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m withholding my enthusiasm until I see how much it ultimately costs. Looking at you, Nightfury.

It does look really neat, though, so I’m hoping it won’t include any components that cost an arm and a leg.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

Yeah, I’m kinda reserved about this as well until I see for myself if it’s going to be possible to get for me. It does look pretty though

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m withholding my enthusiasm until I see how much it ultimately costs. Looking at you, Nightfury.

It does look really neat, though, so I’m hoping it won’t include any components that cost an arm and a leg.

The info so far reads like it will be craftable via the mystic forge after getting all of the collection items awarded via RNG for grinding repeatedly completing Wintersday activities.

Sigils
It’s shoulder armor, why would it use sigils in its forge recipe and not runes?
Anyway, depending on what sigils are needed, I expect the supply to get bought up immediately and jacked up in price. So this is one area where it can potentially become very costly if you do not already have the sigils. Then again, perhaps the sigils will be the ones that drop from the Wintersday gifts so we’ll get a supply of them simply by opening the gifts earned via doing the activities to get the collection items.

Collection Items
I’m sure each activity will award a piece needed for the collection and the collection itself gives you an account bound item that gets used in the forge. It is said that the RNG is low enough that you get a piece for the collection like every 3rd completion of an activity. If all we have to do is play each Wintersday activity ~3 times to get its piece, then that’s not too bad.

Then again, it’s disappointing to me that I would need to play the PvP activity to get its collection piece as I do not like PvP at all. I feel even worse for those not able to do jumping puzzles, let alone needing to do it ~3 times, who would then not be able to get the piece awarded for doing that activity.

I highly doubt it, but perhaps the collection items will be tradeable. I doubt they will be, but if they are tradeable, I expect those items may cost a bit if one wanted/needed to sidestep completing the activity that awards them.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

WARNING to all interested in this item – if it truly works like Nightfury, be aware that Nightfury is bugged (and has been bugged since its release) to randomly stop showing its effect. There is no ETA on when (or if) this bug will be fixed. If it uses the same display method as Nightfury, there’s a good chance that this new one will be bugged too. You have been warned.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Those should go in a separate ‘effects’ section in the wardrobe, not using up gear skins.

Same for other visuals that are potions now, like the Selfless halo. There should be a way to unlock them as effects.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Those should go in a separate ‘effects’ section in the wardrobe, not using up gear skins.

Same for other visuals that are potions now, like the Selfless halo. There should be a way to unlock them as effects.

I completely agree. Same with the polyundulating refractors and such. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I completely agree. Same with the polyundulating refractors and such. :\

Yeah. Like a mystic forge recipe or something to make an item that unlocks the effect out of the item that currently gives it. Cutthroat politics buttons, selfish and selfless potions, ghostly peppers, polyundulating refractors, preserved queen bees, the hylek hue potions, nightfury… they all could be turned into unlocks, rather than having to equip some item, using up skins, or carry around some gizmo or consumable.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

+1 for truth

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Jackospades.4802

Jackospades.4802

I have no problem doing the activities multiple times.

BUT if one of the components is tied to the jumping puzzle I am SOL. Platforming is definitely my weakest link.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I have no problem doing the activities multiple times.

BUT if one of the components is tied to the jumping puzzle I am SOL. Platforming is definitely my weakest link.

Yeah. My ping is going to screw me out of that if that ends up being the case.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Sadly, from my understanding of what was said during Guild Chat, the Wonderland JP is a required part of this piece. Each item in the collection sounds as if it is bound by event and you must complete the event successfully 3 times to get the item.

Honestly, I really, really, really hope I this is not the case. If it is get an item every 3 successful completions it isn’t so bad, but if it is every 3 times for every event…it’ll be just like Nightfury for a lot of players.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

Sadly, from my understanding of what was said during Guild Chat, the Wonderland JP is a required part of this piece. Each item in the collection sounds as if it is bound by event and you must complete the event successfully 3 times to get the item.

Honestly, I really, really, really hope I this is not the case. If it is get an item every 3 successful completions it isn’t so bad, but if it is every 3 times for every event…it’ll be just like Nightfury for a lot of players.

I don’t see the problem.

Wintersday is the BEST holiday with catchy music (I normally have my sounds muted) but I’ve always lvoed wintersday where Halloween felt so… eh…

Wintersday actually has a form of… jolly festive feels to it as it should where as the other seasonal events just again feel empty and not at all thought out just mindless zerging through the mad kings lab.

3 Jumping puzzle runs is very simple that’s about 3 items per run which is 20 mins per instance? Choir bell is a nice break and Wintersday pvp (if they fixed the multiple presents bugs aww…) can be fun if ran with friends or just running as a present snatching troll.

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t see the problem.

Wintersday is the BEST holiday with catchy music (I normally have my sounds muted) but I’ve always lvoed wintersday where Halloween felt so… eh…

Wintersday actually has a form of… jolly festive feels to it as it should where as the other seasonal events just again feel empty and not at all thought out just mindless zerging through the mad kings lab.

3 Jumping puzzle runs is very simple that’s about 3 items per run which is 20 mins per instance? Choir bell is a nice break and Wintersday pvp (if they fixed the multiple presents bugs aww…) can be fun if ran with friends or just running as a present snatching troll.

It has nothing to do with joy, it has to do with an entire subset of the population being unable to manage 1, let alone 3, successful run of the JP. Some people are simply ill equipped to handle them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t see the problem.

It once took me over 30 minutes to do a short jumping puzzle/vista. I’ve never been able to do the Wintersday jumping puzzle.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Lol…

All I want for Christmas is…

For another NightFurry not to happen.

Welp.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Lol…

All I want for Christmas is…

For another NightFurry not to happen.

Welp.

You’ve been a bad boi fer Santa

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

It once took me over 30 minutes to do a short jumping puzzle/vista. I’ve never been able to do the Wintersday jumping puzzle.

This. I love everything about wintersday except the bell choir and the JP. I can’t stand either of them. I want the snowfall effect but doing those would just be horrible.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Meh. These shoulders just aren’t my cup of tea. Even if they were, I’m sure it’ll be expensive (1500+ gold).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Sigils
Anyway, depending on what sigils are needed, I expect the supply to get bought up immediately and jacked up in price. So this is one area where it can potentially become very costly if you do not already have the sigils. Then again, perhaps the sigils will be the ones that drop from the Wintersday gifts so we’ll get a supply of them simply by opening the gifts earned via doing the activities to get the collection items.

The Dev said you will need a bunch of sigils and other stuff to craft it. Then she realized that she shouldnt have given that info and stopped.
I am pretty sure you will need both, the sigil and rune from last years wintersday to craft it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Sigils

The Dev said you will need a bunch of sigils and other stuff to craft it. Then she realized that she shouldnt have given that info and stopped.
I am pretty sure you will need both, the sigil and rune from last years wintersday to craft it.

Better buy now or get screwed by Qataris…

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Shoulders again? I really need the shoulders slot to make most of my costumes work, can’t we get a gloves visual for once, or better yet, the ability to chose between helm, shoulders or gloves skin?

Nekomi.9562

I don’t see the problem.

Wintersday Jumping puzzle is eaaaaaaaasy though.
People will whine for any reason they can grab onto an get baby fed.

The only understandable thing is the wintersday gifts when multiple people jump before you and end up killing you that is the only difficult part about it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t see the problem.

The only understandable thing is the wintersday gifts when multiple people jump before you and end up killing you that is the only difficult part about it.

It’s easy for you.

I’ve never been able to do it and therefore it’s not easy for everyone and not an easy 20 minutes per instance like you said, which is the point that I’m making. For someone like me it could take a couple of hours, or more. Hard for me to judge the time when so far I haven’t been able to do it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Nekomi.9562

I don’t see the problem.

It’s easy for you.

I’ve never been able to do it and therefore it’s not easy for everyone and not an easy 20 minutes per instance like you said, which is the point that I’m making. For someone like me it could take a couple of hours, or more. Hard for me to judge the time when so far I haven’t been able to do it.

It’s all about practice, you need a mouse (some people don’t use one) turning settings to low help to make it less laggy, but overall it’s not hard it’s more pressure I guess since it’s pushing you to rush it quickly.