New outfit trend!!!

New outfit trend!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I’d like to start by saying thank you Anet for all the money I’ve been saving lately thanks in part to your creative genius. One outfit one look no matter the gender or profession I was both very desapointed and happy at the same time. Crystal Nomad thanks but I’ll pass.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

I’d like to start by saying thank you Anet for all the money I’ve been saving lately thanks in part to your creative genius. One outfit one look no matter the gender or profession I was both very desapointed and happy at the same time. Crystal Nomad thanks but I’ll pass.

And I would like to thank Arenanet fot the Crystal Nomad Outfit. I have had a ton of fun with playing with contrasting colors for this outfit. Love it, love it, love it to pieces.

Lisa.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Never bought an Outfit, and I never will. I don’t care how nice they look, I don’t want to look just like everyone else.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Never bought an Outfit, and I never will. I don’t care how nice they look, I don’t want to look just like everyone else.

I agree with this. I thought half of the reason gw2 toons are so customisable were to make them look individual. I and a few of my guildies are disappointed that we can’t mix and match outfit pieces anymore, or dye the different pieces separately.

@OP sarcasm won’t get you far with Anet.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Hey, to each his/her own. Some people like outfits, some people don’t. Personally, I am waiting to see tons of peeps in crystal nomad outfit with wings.

Then, my world will be complete.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Outfits are just a sing of Anet’s mindset: Fast cash fast.

They don’t want to spend the time to make a polished game with armor that doesn’t clip, so they go the quick and dirty route and make entire outfits that can’t be split up into armor pieces.

:shrug: Who can blame them, they are making millions of dollars doing it. The game majority is comprised of people who don’t care or don’t know any better, and until they change their minds and close their wallets, we will continue to get the cheap and easy solutions.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

New outfit trend!!!

Teon.5168

They don’t want to spend the time to make a polished game with armor that doesn’t clip, so they go the quick and dirty route and make entire outfits that can’t be split up into armor pieces.

:shrug: Who can blame them, they are making millions of dollars doing it. The game majority is comprised of people who don’t care or don’t know any better, and until they change their minds and close their wallets, we will continue to get the cheap and easy solutions.

Holy cow, that is one heck of a broad brush that you’re using in your sweeping generalizations. Who knew that you actually had an accurate handle on what the majority of players in this game think/feel. Is that just for the NA servers, or both EU and NA servers?

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

That sounded very elitist.
Yes, GW2 is working great because the majority of players just play and don’t expect miracles.

New outfit trend!!!

Hamfast.8719

They don’t want to spend the time to make a polished game with armor that doesn’t clip

…And so instead they’re whipping out Outfits that clip.

I never bought an Outfit, but I won the Ancestral Outfit in a contest.

The Ancestral Outfit! The very first Outfit they released after killing off Town Clothes. Their vision of the future. And yes, its sash clips with its skirt. Reported on day one, and still an issue.

That is how much ANet cares about our characters’ looks. If they can’t be bothered to fix even the supposedly-easy-to-make Outfits, then I can’t be bothered to buy any. The whole thing disgusts me.

Attachments:

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

They don’t want to spend the time to make a polished game with armor that doesn’t clip

The Ancestral Outfit! The very first Outfit they released after killing off Town Clothes. Their vision of the future. And yes, its sash clips with its skirt. Reported on day one, and still an issue.

That is how much ANet cares about our characters’ looks. If they can’t be bothered to fix even the supposedly-easy-to-make Outfits, then I can’t be bothered to buy any. The whole thing disgusts me.

You can probably fix that by using a different body type with the makeover kit if it bothers you that much.

New outfit trend!!!

Teon.5168

The whole thing disgusts me.

Uh, it is JUST a video game, not some sort of life changing, soul enlightening experience.

I don’t think I have ever played any video game on my pc that didn’t have some clipping and/or graphic anomaly somewhere in it.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

New outfit trend!!!

Hamfast.8719

You can probably fix that by using a different body type with the makeover kit if it bothers you that much.

And then I have pipe-stem legs… no thanks.

But this is only one instance. I have read of other Outfits with clipping issues, and so I cringe whenever I see someone support ANet’s decision as being an action to avoid clipping. It just isn’t true.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

While I do like mix and match armor, you have to admit that outfits are very popular now. And for understandable reasons: wearing a different armor type, and overall not spending any transmutation charge. I mostly play pvp so I have a ton of those but for those who don’t, outfits are a cheap alternative.

New outfit trend!!!

Teon.5168

I know that when I am out playing GW2, you can hear me for miles when I yell and scream about some player/npc I just killed, and their arm on their dead body just disappears into the ground, or their sword slightly protrudes through their hand, or the hair on the back of their head slightly shows through their head armor.

Makes me want to beat the family dog.

I won’t even mention how nuclear I go when I run through an npc or other player, or, god forbid, a substantial tree branch.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

New outfit trend!!!

Hamfast.8719

Uh, it is JUST a video game, not some sort of life changing, soul enlightening experience.

I don’t think I have ever played any video game on my pc that didn’t have some clipping and/or graphic anomaly somewhere in it.

It isn’t the little bit of clipping that bothers me. I lost my share of real-life money when they took away Town Clothes. Yes, I got “store credit”, but I (and many other people) were rightly disgusted and remain so to this day. The sentiment against Outfits is far older than this little thread.

New outfit trend!!!

Teon.5168

It isn’t the little bit of clipping that bothers me. I lost my share of real-life money when they took away Town Clothes. Yes, I got “store credit”, but I (and many other people) were rightly disgusted and remain so to this day. The sentiment against Outfits is far older than this little thread.

Hold a grudge for long?

Geez, dude, lighten up……you’ll live longer.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

New outfit trend!!!

Hamfast.8719

If I don’t get my Town Clothes back, I don’t WANT to live longer!!!! What’s the fun in looking exactly like every other Tom, kitten, and Harry? It isn’t LIVING if I have to go on this way!!!

How’s that? Any better?

EDIT: Tom, Kitten, and Harry? Oh, brother!

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

The main reason I like outfits is that they let me swap looks quickly and easily, without having to worry about transmutation charges. Personally, I think the system is bunk. We shouldn’t be paying to swap out armor skins. Transmutation charges need to go away, and anyone who thinks they need to exist in order for ArenaNet to make money hasn’t been paying attention to other successful cosmetic systems like the ones in Lord Of The Rings or DC Universe. They would make MORE money by ditching consumable charges and allowing us to purchase something like permanent extra appearance tabs instead.

Since that obviously isn’t going to happen, though, I’ve accepted that the only way to be able to swap looks for free is outfits, so I’ve learned to settle. The majority of them look nice, and I’ve learned to accept them for what they are.

New outfit trend!!!

Teon.5168

If I don’t get my Town Clothes back, I don’t WANT to live longer!!!! What’s the fun in looking exactly like every other Tom, kitten, and Harry? It isn’t LIVING if I have to go on this way!!!

How’s that? Any better?

EDIT: Tom, Kitten, and Harry? Oh, brother!

LMAO!!!!!!! Touche’……….lol…..perfect.

P.S. you forgot wings….WINGS!!!!! Guild Wings 2 forevah!!!!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Tanks for all the laughs guys but I’m still not gonna buy a crappy outfit that was done the exact same way for both gender and all 3 types of armor because for me it symbolizes a tottal lack of effort in order to make a quick buck wich makes this outfit not worth 10 gems.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I spend money in the gem store. I NEVER buy outfits. Doing my part to make them a small enough percentage of total sales that finally encourages ArenaNet to STOP MAKING THEM.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Holy cow, that is one heck of a broad brush that you’re using in your sweeping generalizations. Who knew that you actually had an accurate handle on what the majority of players in this game think/feel. Is that just for the NA servers, or both EU and NA servers?

What brush. It’s pretty easy to see that is what is going on. Otherwise Anet would be doing something different.
If the majority are happy with outfits for one reason or another, there is no incentive whatever on Anets part to do something different. They are raking in cash.

Look at the wings. Love them or hate them, Anet made a kitten-ton of money in the 24hours they were available on the store. The majority was easy to see for the next couple days, because everyone and their brothers Mordrem Mini was wearing them.

If the majority are spending lots of real life cash, Anet isn’t going to change a thing.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I love all the complaints about clipping, when using a skin mesh for armor is a thousand times worse, and far more immersion breaking.

All hail bouncing breastplates!!!

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Still waiting for male Swimsuit Outfit to throw money at so I can swim freestyle like Haruka Nanase.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

I hate outfits and they will see no money from me for a long time because of those lazy texture packs.

Unfortunately until scrubs stop paying for bad product we will see more of this cheap and lazy outfits.

New outfit trend!!!

Styxx.1564

You guys seem to forget that there are no monthly fees to play this game.
Should we point fingers and be outraged if a business is trying to make money?

What world are we living in?

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

I want to pay them but only for good product. Like armor skins. I got every one of them from gem store and only 2 for gold to gem conversion. This is my problem with outfits, they don’t care about quality, why should I pay them?

New outfit trend!!!

Styxx.1564

If a restaurant you know doesn’t serve you the best meals, do you just not spend money there?
Or do you go around shouting about it, outraged that their meals are horrible?

You might not like outfits, but apparently an overwhelming amount of players like it enough to buy it. It’s a success, so they’ll continue doing it because it brings in money, and A.net is a for-profit business.
How many hours have you guys spent on this game for 50$? And then complain about the lack of quality?

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

If I am disappointed with the meal I have a way to complain to the staff about it.
This is what I’m doing right now – complaining about how I feel about lazy texture packs called outfits. They have no value to me and I want to be heard. Once they put new armor skins in gem store and I will be satisfied with them I will shut up.

I don’t care about your opinion because you are noone. You have no power to change their minds or especially mine. I only care about red posts here because they are the only ones that matter.

New outfit trend!!!

Styxx.1564

The point is, you probably don’t spend your money in this game and you still play as much as you want, without any monthly fees. How are they going to bring in that income?
It’s easy to complain without offering solutions. It’s just a game, and spending your time observing the tiniest details on your character is pointless. This is not a high-end premium quality real life outfit that you bought. It’s a bunch of pixels.

(And it’s ok if you don’t care about my opinion because I’m “no one”. Most people feel the same about yours too I guess.

PS: and ironically, this isn’t a “red post” that you are commenting on.)

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I bought every outfits because I love outfits.

I won’t convince you to buy them but ANet has my money when they continue making them.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Some like outfits while others want more customization. I am in the middle, I like to customize, but I also like some of the outfits.

I am sure Anet will make more armour pieces at some point, but to be fair to them, it is probably much easier to make a whole outfit than to make separate pieces. With outfits they do not need to worry about clipping issues with other armour pieces, so they can produce outfits in less time and therefore release them more frequently.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

The point is, you probably don’t spend your money in this game and you still play as much as you want, without any monthly fees. How are they going to bring in that income?

The last thing I’m going to do is sending you my bank account checks proving how much I spent on GW2.

It’s easy to complain without offering solutions. It’s just a game, and spending your time observing the tiniest details on your character is pointless. This is not a high-end premium quality real life outfit that you bought. It’s a bunch of pixels.

Already offered a solution – give me armor skins in gem store and I’m going to buy them. What’s more there was several threads about outfits already and I’m not alone with this demand.

I don’t care about people.

PS: and ironically, this isn’t a “red post” that you are commenting on.)

Just because I’m spending my work time answering you doesnt mean I care about you or find your opinions valuable. It’s just that there is no other funny discussions going on.

it is probably much easier to make a whole outfit than to make separate pieces.

This is why I call them lazy. With no customization value outfits should be 300 gems each not 700 which is almost a price of an armor set.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

it is probably much easier to make a whole outfit than to make separate pieces.

This is why I call them lazy. With no customization value outfits should be 300 gems each not 700 which is almost a price of an armor set.

You missed my point. They are most likely working on both outfits AND armour peices, but because outfits are (most likely) faster and easier to produce, we are seeing more of them being released lately than armour pieces.

I am fairly confident we will see more armour sets in the gem store, at some point in the near future.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

So once they are released and I am satisfied I’ll shut up.
I don’t see anything interesting for me in gem store right now and I’m complaining. I’m not holding my breath for anything clouded in future especially nothing substantial for me wasnt announced. Even balthazar armor is going to be an outfit which means my wallet stands closed tight.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

People refuse to buy outfits because they will look exactly like other players. Hmmmmmmm. So you either care so much about what other peoples idea of a good looking/themed character is that you don’t want to look the same OR you care about your own look and its needs to be original?

That dwayna back piece, that t3 norn/human, that legendary…. i could go on. Someone will always have the same look as you no matter how unique you think you are at designing.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

I was lucky enough to receive Shadow Abyss dye yesterday..together with Burgundy Dye, this looks AWESOME on my Human female Guradian wearing Ancestral Outfit, together with Belinda’s greatsword skin <3 <3 <3

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

People refuse to buy outfits because they will look exactly like other players. Hmmmmmmm. So you either care so much about what other peoples idea of a good looking/themed character is that you don’t want to look the same OR you care about your own look and its needs to be original?

That dwayna back piece, that t3 norn/human, that legendary…. i could go on. Someone will always have the same look as you no matter how unique you think you are at designing.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Sure someone will have the same items and the more prestigeous or rare or Special they are considered the more of them will you see around, ironicly. But with mix and match you can create several “unique” styles. Of course it might be that there is someone out there who wears the same Combo but you wont look like “everyone” (for example those with T3 human and a legendary :p) That beeing said I don’t mind outfits simply because I don’t have only one single clothset for each char but several and so an outfit is another one on top of that.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

Dont speak about ppl unless you have a data.
I want to mix n match armors, dont care how other ppl look because i have standard models enabled. Outfits are limiting MY choice in customizing a character.

So mr panites speak for yourself only if you want to be treated seriously.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Dont speak about ppl unless you have a data.
I want to mix n match armors, dont care how other ppl look because i have standard models enabled. Outfits are limiting MY choice in customizing a character.

So mr panites speak for yourself only if you want to be treated seriously.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

I have only one complaint about outfits – I want to mix armor head pieces with outfit bodies and vis-versa. (This should be possible, since we know outfits have separate head pieces.)

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: Seishiro.7468

Seishiro.7468

I don’t really understand what you are complaining about. If you don’t like the outfit, just don’t buy it? I bought it, because I liked it, on others I will pass because they don’t match my taste, like the jungle explrorer one for example.

I use mine mostly to level alts, once they hit 80 I get them a real set of armor(except for my Mesmer, that one still uses the noblemans outfit, if I recall the name correctly, because it looks just perfect for that class).

“Trust in iron, not false gods” Karnar Ironclaw, Centurio of the Iron Legion

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

outfits – no mix n match
armors – mix n match

outfits are now beeing released often and they stopped releasing armor sets in gem store

is there anything else you dont understand so I can write it again for you?

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t mind outfits. I have a couple (bought the noble, earned the hex during Halloween), and there are a couple others I’d like (but I’m no hurry to buy, I’ll get em eventually). So, I don’t mind them making them / selling them. (Waiting for the balth right now, I’ll get that one as soon as it is available). I do wish they had the separate headpiece functionality, but maybe with time…

I do want to see more armor sets, in game. Likely we’ll get a few more with HoT (I think they’ve basically said as much when asked about new skins in the interviews), but I’d like to see maybe a new set (or 2?) come out between now and then as well. Not holding my breath though. I believe that_shaman has datamined at least 1 new set for each weight; crossing my fingers on seeing more.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

Still waiting for polearm datamined 2 years ago.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Still waiting for polearm datamined 2 years ago.

To be fair, most of the things datamined recently have actually come to fruition, but not all. So I have hopes for the armor and the balth outfit.

Still, I think in the future we’ll see polearms. Maybe not exactly as designed 2 years ago though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

New outfit trend!!!

Many.8419

i dont care until they announce it officialy. Now I want new armors.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: arooboo.5143

arooboo.5143

outfits – no mix n match
armors – mix n match

outfits are now beeing released often and they stopped releasing armor sets in gem store

is there anything else you dont understand so I can write it again for you?

Man, you’re annoying. There is a way to discuss a topic without being a condescending kitten to everyone. But if that’s what your style, who am I to knock it.

Anyway, plenty of people love outfits. I love outfits. I also love skins, but my outfits get far more usage as they are free to switch between. I have plenty of outfits still locked that I’m hoping get released soon so I can pick them up.

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

I find most outfits to be ugly… So i just got the ones that looks alright.

I really hope we start getting more armor pieces rather than outfits. I want to customize my characters looks, not look like everyone else that uses the same outfits. I want to mix and match. I would love if they scrap Outfits and incorporate them into armors wardrobe. I can finally wear pants on a light armor.

Or better yet, keep outfits like they, but i would love it if they scrap the whole armor weight restriction, instead replace it with armor proficiency. Meaning you could wear any armor you want, but your class determines how much protection you’ll get from the pieces. It’s as logical as Rangers using Harpoons underwater but suddenly forgetting how to pull the trigger on a Rifle on land… or how we can use spears underwater, but not on land. Fits with the game.

(edited by iSmack.1768)

New outfit trend!!!

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’ll only buy an outfit if they release Borat’s mankini.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!