New patch: I like everything besides the new gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

Amidst all the complaining about ascended gear I want to say one thing: everything else in the 11/15 patch looks good. The new zone looks very promising and I hope it’ll give more variety to lv80 world PvE. The mechanic about knocking armor off the new mobs sounds interesting. I like the lore and world design of Tyria and want to learn more and see more.

The fractal dungeon I think is a great idea. It’s almost like a mini-roguelike in the middle of GW2 or something. I love the concept of it.

Basically, everything but the new ascended gear looks great and I’m very much looking forward to it. It’s just this one thing, this fly in the soup, that sours my opinion. (assuming flies are sour, I’ve never eaten one)

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

I’ll agree with this.

In fact I’ll go so far as to say this: If all new Ascended gear contains magic find, I’m fine with it. It’s for PvE, right? Keep magic find on there. The stat inflation would put Ascended as almost as good as Exotics, except with a ton of magic find. I can dig that.

Just adding a new tier of gear, however.. well, that’s one reason i got this game, so that would never happen, i don’t want to play that kind of game and so i won’t.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Posted by: Xant.3025

Xant.3025

I couldn’t agree more. I love everything in this patch aside from the fly in our soup.

Unfortunately, that one little fly is ruining the perfect soup of my Guild Wars 2. It turns my stomach and makes me not want to eat the rest, and that really breaks my heart at the same time. I was really, really enjoying this game.

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

Having ascended stuff just be magic find would be a strange decision I think, just because MF itself is not that popular and I doubt they would roll out a new tier of armor centered around it.

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

Having ascended stuff just be magic find would be a strange decision I think, just because MF itself is not that popular and I doubt they would roll out a new tier of armor centered around it.

it would be strange, and i don’t think it’s the case — but it SHOULD be.

Look if the gear is all for running a dungeon, if the gear is a random drop as I’ve heard, putting magic find on it makes sense. They could keep exotic stats, add magic find (so you can find more gear faster), and it’d basically be just a side-grade over exotics.

That’s cool, I guess. I could get behind that.

Making exotics second-class? That’s kinda against the statements they made about their design decisions, that’s kinda one thing they said would not happen, I’m not cool with that.

If the goal is to satisfy players that want to find gear with more stats, and use that gear to find more gear, why NOT use magic find? It would keep exotics max-strength gear, but also differentiate the Ascended gear for the intended use of that gear while not screwing Exotics over in every other aspect of the game.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

The new gear is really the only thing we know about the patch so far though.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

I totally agree. The new zone and dungeon are amazing ideas. Making an event where i cab invite a friend, side kick, and see an area I’ve never been to together? Absolutely genius. I was actually canceling plans to camp my computer this weekend to partake!

Sad how one mistake can sour the entire entire event for some of us. Retracting my invites made me feel very sad…

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Let’s give it time fellas. I’m still of the opinion that Ascended gear will probably only be of benefit in the specific dungeon.

I’m well aware that the Ascended ring shown does indeed have higher stats than the ring shown. But we’re also getting 200 new crafting recipes, and a new gathering resource. Could it be that some of the recipes included will be for craftable upgrades?

I have to follow this idea because I find it very hard to accept that exotic and crafted upgrades would be scrapped outright as the community seems to believe.

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Indeed, I think everyone would be super excited about this patch if it wasn’t for the introduced power creep.

Hopefully, the radio silence from the developers is an indication that they are looking for a way out of this mess. Although I’ve been known as a wishful thinker before…

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I would much rather have them go back and work on making the existing areas more viable as “high level” areas than introduce areas at this point.

Revamping some of the events in each area with better scaling and to be a bit more interactive than spam attack → feared out of place → run back and spam attacks again (I’m looking at you Claw of Jormag) and tweaking events like the fire elemental to be a little more instructive to the new players (most players just sit on the bridge huddled together and then get one shotted because all of the AOEs are focused in one spot; which frustrates many players to no end), etc.

Event Scaling needs to be adjusted too. Modifying the enemies HP pools and defense, etc. just feels lame; feels like you get a handicap. I mean I never get the sense of accomplishment I do in other games when I step up game to cover for a weaker party member in need; it just feels like whether I was there or not would not have made anything different in Gw2.

Orr needs more hordes, groups packed together just roaming across the map; maybe even make a super large group consisting of several champions and a bunch of vets that shows up as an event that moves around on players maps. They could even take Cursed Shore, remove some of the lesser smaller mobs, and add in more giants and stuff just kind of roaming mindlessly about a bit. The only things challenging in Orr are the kitten temple events at the moment because they end up just becoming zerg rushes to win…

Dungeons should not allow players to revive themselves, and should have revival items or something. I mean it feels like dying is of almost no consequence in dungeons (except for wasting time) and pugs can just corpse rush them… Which reminds me; I’m still LFG

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I couldn’t agree more. I love everything in this patch aside from the fly in our soup.

Unfortunately, that one little fly is ruining the perfect soup of my Guild Wars 2. It turns my stomach and makes me not want to eat the rest, and that really breaks my heart at the same time. I was really, really enjoying this game.

This sums it up quite nicely.

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

Yeah, lets talk about the rest of it for a change! I love the look of the new enemies. I love the prospect of defending LA. I’m very excited about the weekend events. The new dungeon looks amazing. What I love is that you won’t be stuck on the same wing all the time. People might reroll their luck if they get a particularly difficult or time consuming combination but that’s till better than running AC 1 over and over again. The other thing is that it’s just one place and not 8 places. The community will be focussed. It should be pretty easy to get a group. I’m hoping it will have the feeling you get from doing a raid in WoW when you knew all the other guilds were doing the same fights as you. One of the reasons festivals feel special is you feel everyone is experiencing the same thing. It’s the same thing with a central dungeon hub. Oh and I like this questline to weaken the karka shells. Sounds fun. But what has me most excited is the very fact that they are doing these monthly content bumps. Can they keep doing this indefinately? Lost shores – Xmas – SOMETHING – valentines – SOMTHING – Easter – SOMETHING…. that would just be amazing.

(edited by Grumwulf.9602)

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I’ll agree with this.

In fact I’ll go so far as to say this: If all new Ascended gear contains magic find, I’m fine with it. It’s for PvE, right? Keep magic find on there. The stat inflation would put Ascended as almost as good as Exotics, except with a ton of magic find. I can dig that.

Just adding a new tier of gear, however.. well, that’s one reason i got this game, so that would never happen, i don’t want to play that kind of game and so i won’t.

there is magic find there for a reason, and that reason im assuming is for the never ending path on the new dungeon., IT IS DUNGEON GEAR PEOPLE.

Posted by: Zalifer.6140

Zalifer.6140

I agree. Looking forward to it all, except arbitrary gating mechanics.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

It is funny how what sounds like an otherwise great patch can be spoiled by one thing (admittedly a potentially very big thing). I’m hoping this isn’t a gear treadmill and we’re all massively overreacting.