New pings are great, but still need work

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

The new pinging system is a step forward, but we can still do better. Sometimes, when trying to ping your team to fall back from a location or come to a specific spot, it’s not very intuitive to look at the mini-map. And even so, it might be a bit difficult to ping a specific location in the minimap with great precision.

To remedy this, in addition to creating a ping on the map, it should be created physically, on the floor. You should also be able to ping directly on the floor (like any other ground-targeted ability) . This will make it vastly easier to coordinate your party as they can physically see where they need to go, rather than try to make it out on the minimap.

Attached is an example of what this could look like. (not artistic by any means, but you get the concept!)

Also, you should be able to bind a key to ping that’s not shift – I’m tired of dodging (and sometimes rolling off a cliff) in order to ping!

Attachments:

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I really like this idea. There are times I could really use something like this.