New player

New player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ruckus.9841

Ruckus.9841

Q:

Got bored of playing wow. So I got the itch to play some guildwars2, haven’t played for about 1year and was wondering what’s a fun class I can play. I play a druid healer in wow atm, which a really enjoy, so any class that sorta has the same mechanics as a druid/healer . thanks for reading this lads.

peace

New player

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

GW2 – Guardian.

I also played druid in WoW but very long ago. I hated it. Everyone wanted me for main healz not backup.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

New player

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

First of all.. Don’t even try to compare this game with WoW, if you do I am sure you will leave again pretty soon.

There is no holy trinity in this game so in a way there is no healer class in GW2 and I played WoW before BC so I don’t know much about druids anymore. But Elementalists and Guardians has the best setup for behing healers if you must in my opinion.

Norn race has skills to transform to animals but it is no way near how it works in WoW. My advice is to try guardian, I guess they are closest, but still you should not compare this game to WoW in a single way.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

New player

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

There is no straight answer. As mentioned, do not bother comparing them.

Your best bet is deciding on a class, trying it and see how it goes, if support casters / bruiser are your thing, go Guardian. But it wont FEEL the same as a druid.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

New player

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Everyone can heal in this game. Here’s how for each class:

Warrior: Shouts can heal, Banners can Heal through Regeneration.

Guardian: Your symbols can heal, your shouts can clear conditions like crazy, you have a few utility skills that heal in AoE, one of your virtues heal, You can make giving out boons to your team heal you, etc. You get the idea. Heals, Heals, and more heals.

Elementalist: The entire water attunement is built for healing and support. With your blast finishers + Water fields, you can give mass AoE healing.

Necromancer: Your well of blood is an AoE heal, your life steal can heal others, and you basically make yourself have a second health bar if you use your class mechanic correctly.

Mesmer: I think one of the mantras can heal? Not sure about this class.

Ranger: There are a few pets that heal, and you can make your pet pick up downed allies.

Engineer: Same as Elementalist, almost. You have water fields and blast finishers, but you also have a turret that can heal in an AoE kind of like a necromancer well.

Thief: You have an AoE heal with one of your stealth skills and with the correct healing skill, you can heal yourself when you land a hit.

New player

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

@InfernoHero.5687

Mesmer have a heal on shatter too. Pretty crappy too, cuz you can’t shatter on an ally. Yay for mechanics.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

New player

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Oh boy, 3 months later on Dungeon Forum… “Why i am being kicked”
My sugestion is:
If you want be a healer, find another game.
If you want to support your party, with active play, anything, except a necro, will do.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

New player

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

many years ago i also played WoW and, like you, rolled a resto druid.

In GW2 I think you’ll find your class in the Guardian. Its got good survivability & support mechanics. If you prefer support roles then it is a clear choice.

Everyone is focusing on how GW2 has no healing trinity. That means that no one is pigeon-holed into DPS/healing/tank BUT it doesn’t mean that you can’t fulfil support roles so I’m not sure why everyone is making such a fuss about that.

Support in GW2 is equivalent to healing in WoW you just get to DPS as well and theres less reliance on you to look after the group as a whole.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

New player

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

For me, I’ve had the most fun healing on my warrior as both a shout and banner healer.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!