New player, no outfit change while leveling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

So, I’m leveling an Elementalist, level 38 using almost the same outfit since I started leveling.
I don’t understand that tab to put the skins, is that an appearance tab? Can I put the skin I want and continue to upgrade my gear throughout the leveling?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

You should get new gear, however, gears look quite simliar in the early levels but I would assume you can see some differences.

I am not quite sure if that’s what you mean. If you are asking for an outfit, then that’s another matter. You can buy one from the gemstore and you can use it while wearing gear, yes. However, there is a difference between outfit and skin in GW2.

armor skin: you use the skin to make-over the original look. Meaning, that you ’’lose’’ the old look. You can apparently change back to it, but you will need make-over material which is called ‘’transmutation charges’‘. These are mostly not good before level 80 as your gear changes alot and you would be wasting äätransmutation charges’’ if you want to modificate the look of a low-lvl gear.

outfits: these are your normal skins in other MMOs. You basically wear them over the gear. It doesn’t matter what gear you wear, you will wear the outfit. Apparently, you can toggle on and off.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

In this game, unlike most other games, armor apperance is connected to the quality and level of the armor, not just the level. if you go through all of your levels wearing just the same white quality armor, it is going to look exactly the same.

If you want different looks, buy armor from karma (heart NPCs), purchase Fine (blue) or higher quality armor off of the trading post, or use the wardrobe.

Character customization is mostly the end-game of Guild Wars 2, so you won’t be able to do much of it while levelling. Levelling is mostly about exploring the world, getting familiar with your class and playing through the story. Then once you reach the max level you can start working on exquisite looks, builds and gear.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You should try to keep your armor within 5 levels of your actual level while leveling. If you want to keep the same look you can with the use of transmutation charges

Outfits simply hide your entire armor under a particular look rather than alter the look of a particular piece of armor permanently (until you transmute it again). Outfits are available at the Gem Store. There are also armor looks at the Gem Store but there is still a lot of armor available in-game.

This link should help you peruse what armor is available in game based on your race/gender and armor weight.

http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you take crafting to make armor for yourself and keep it in sync with your level, you should get a new appearance every 10 or so levels.

You should try to keep your armor within 5 levels of your actual level while leveling.

When I level, I only equip what I find and I tend to hit 80 in a mix of level 25-60 gear. There’s really no need to go out of your way to get gear, unless of course you’re finding the game too difficult.

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

Many thanks for the replies.

Outfit is what I’m looking for then, I want to be able to change my gear and still look the same, I’ll check on the Gem Store to buy some cool outfits.
I have some transmutaion charge, I’ll save it to use when needed.

Thanks for the help.