New player recommendation!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Enriquejzee.5281

Enriquejzee.5281

Hey guys so I’m planning to make a character, and was wondering what currently is the most fun gameplay wise and is good pvpwise currently with the current patch?.
I’m thinking Thief Mesmer or Necro!
Please let me know what you guys think. Appreciate it

Posted by: RiverSong.5067

RiverSong.5067

I get the impression you would be interested to know the cookie cutter build? Isn’t that ele or warrior? You see a lot of those on the guild rooster.

My webpage:
pages.videotron.ca/madfang4/

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

most fun gameplay wise and is good pvpwise

→ engineer

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Everyone has their own preference for what’s the most fun to play.

Personally, I found an enjoyment in necromancer, ranger, thief, elementalist, and engineer. But I go towards the builds that allow fast hard-to-catch movement.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Warrior is extremely boring, but very easy to learn. I found Mesmer to be the funnest throughout.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

My main has changed over time, as i’ve found different roles more or less rewarding. I used to find staff elementalist the most fun and useful but recent changes have motivated me to play ranger instead.

I suggest you roll a few different classes and take them into spvp mode so you can play with all your traits/gear options and try them out. Thankfully you won’t need time investment in spvp to open/unlock the class’ abilities, so if you don’t like the class you can scrap it and roll another.

In pvp I play most often in this order: Ele, Ranger, Guard, Mesmer
In pve: Guard, War, Ele, Ranger, Mes, Thief
I don’t play engi much because it’s overwhelming and I don’t find it as fun, and I’m still learning necro.
But like everyone else has said it varies from person to person.

Posted by: Enriquejzee.5281

Enriquejzee.5281

Thanks for the feedback guys!. I didnt put down the other classes coz they don’t interest me much, I mean I have a ele and that’s fun but I just feel like making another one for pvp and wvw use, I don’t wanna roll warrior coz I found them really boring and found that it doesn’t really require much skill to play. I’m kinda just stuck between the thief mesmer and necro coz they seem fun. Also I’m wondering coz I’ve read a lot of posts about the changes and nerfs and wondered which is still rather strong even after all the changes