New player - servers always full.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BradyHeath.6439

BradyHeath.6439

Hi there,

I recently purchased guild wars 2 and I have been wanting to play on sea of sorrows but haven’t been able to due to it always been full, even early in the morning. I am wanting to play on this server because I’m Australia and this is supposedly the unofficial australian server and I have other friends on it.

So I’m wondering, how do I get in? At the moment I have just been getting out of my game and relaunching it, but haven’t seen that status move from full. Is there an easier way or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Are you big on WvW? If not, your server is now irrelevant. The game uses Megaservers for PvE, so you’ll be playing alongside people from a number of servers.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Now servers only matter for WvW which is a multi-server war. For pve and spvp all that matters is the reagon, ether NA or EU because everyone is put in the same map. When that map filled they make a copy and new people coming to the map will then start to fill that one up.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

No there is no easier way. That server is just overpopulated.
The choice of server only matter for World vs World. for the rest it has zero influence.
you can also change server later (for a modest fee, or for free if you delete all your characters). So you can enjoy all of it except one format, togewther with your friends, right now.

As for getting into that server.
The normal answer is to try it at “odd times”. the “full status” is based on the total player base on a server and the actual amount of people online. So at odd times it does drop (e.g. middle of the night). however. It is the unofficial oceanic server, so it has a firm NA-playerbase too. the result is that there are no real unofficial times.

My advice is to choose another server. It only matter for World vs World and there are even some signs things are going to chance there. In all other formats (PvE and sPvP) you can play with your friends anyways. Get some gems to transfer and whenever you see it drop, pay for it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

BradyHeath.6439

I eventually want to do wvw when I get a feel for the game/higher level. So if I were to play on a non-wvw server I’ll be able to transfer when I want. What server should I play on as SoS seems impossible to get into.

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

You could try Fort Aspenwood or Yak’s Bend; then you could play against SoS.

BradyHeath.6439

Okay, what server do you guys suggest I play? Also as you said above with the server transfer is that a fee per character I move or is it one fee to move all characters? Cheers.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The transfer fee is for the account, not for the character. If you move, all your chars move.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.