New players be aware of this.

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Hello i’m here to let you know that, when you’ll purchase the game.
- 90% of the time WvW game mode doesnt work (6 second skill delay OR 150+ ping) which makes the game mode unplayable.
- PvP match making is so poor that as soon as you’ll have 10-20 games, you’ll be ranked fairly quickly with group of people that are very skilled and far above your game knowledge.
- PvE is nothing but boring afk 1111 fest with no challenging content, and boss fights are noting as epic as trailers show.

It feels like i should stress this out.
Some of us play GW2 only for WvW. Arena net expanded roster, and has more problems then ever before in GW1, is this a problem that we should address? Is GW2 only existing because GW1 made the name? Or can you prove to **** fix WvW lag once for all .. and please…
REVEAL the data that you were so carefully “collecting” during this map cap for 3 months..

NOTE: this is not a rent post, this is a decent expression of average frustrated WvW player that cares for the game.

EDIT: People will try to convince you one thing, but i think new people should know what is going on in current game, and how nothing is done in less then 3 years from addressed problem. Since beta, we still have the same problems as Day 1 of GW2 Beta

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’d add also :

WARNING: DO NOT JOIN THE RECOMMENDED SERVERS !!! <<<< 1st and most important of all because if you do, you will have no one to play with / against to the point that you will either leave the game mode or the game entirely, if you wish this to become your focus.

You won’t have to worry much about the above mentioned lag because you will never be doing anything that would cause any lag whatsoever.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It may not be a rent but it sure sounds like a rant and hardly the best thing to wave in new players’ faces.

I can’t say much about WvW ping since it’s not a mode I play much but I don’t remember ever having serious lag issues even in zergs. It will depend on your RL location, your internet service, and your connectivity, I suppose. Playing on the US east coast with FiOS and a decent computer I do just fine.

PvE is tons of fun. Maybe if you zerg world bosses you are just 1 1 1 1 1’ing but there’s plenty more to do and I’ve had some epic fights in the LS chapters.

PvP I don’t know, I’ve done it exactly once. But I have guildies who do it and they seem to enjoy it.

So: New Players! Be aware that some people are disenchanted with the game but the OP is providing subjective opinions that may not in any way reflect your own experience. Judge for yourself and if you agree with the OP then you should find other more entertaining games out there more to your tastes; if you disagree then you’ve found a lovely game with lots of hours of fun waiting to be had.

in WvW

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I never understood that particular PVE rant. Just because it’s possible to beat the easiest content through auto attacks, doesn’t mean you have to.

in WvW

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I never understood that particular PVE rant. Just because it’s possible to beat the easiest content through auto attacks, doesn’t mean you have to.

I think it is just something the OP threw in there to keep it in general discussion and not moved to WvW forum. The OP even mentioned that they are a frustrated WvW player in big bold text at the end and the bulk of the post is about WvW.

The Burninator

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

- 90% of the time WvW game mode doesnt work (6 second skill delay OR 150+ ping) which makes the game mode unplayable.

This has not been my experience. I’ve seen excessive skill lag maybe half a dozen times over the course of five months since I’ve been back.

Playing tier 1, NA timezone (the late end of it, but I’m also on when the maps are queued and blobs are everywhere quite often).

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in WvW

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

- PvP match making is so poor that as soon as you’ll have 10-20 games, you’ll be ranked fairly quickly with group of people that are very skilled and far above your game knowledge.
- PvE is nothing but boring afk 1111 fest with no challenging content, and boss fights are noting as epic as trailers show.

It feels like i should stress this out.
Some of us play GW2 only for WvW. Arena net expanded roster, and has more problems then ever before in GW1, is this a problem that we should address? Is GW2 only existing because GW1 made the name? Or can you prove to **** fix WvW lag once for all .. and please…
REVEAL the data that you were so carefully “collecting” during this map cap for 3 months..

NOTE: this is not a rent post, this is a decent expression of average frustrated WvW player that cares for the game.

Not a rant? Sounds like one to me. I do love when people say the game is a 1111 fest. Id love to know just how much of the game they completed just by pressing 1 and nothing else.

Get better at PvP. I’m in the low to mid 50’s. And I don’t consider my self very good at all, average at best, and I can hold my own against people at dragon level.

I only play WvW during tournaments. So can’t comment on that. I’ve nothing against your personal opinion. But don’t display it as fact, when it’s far from it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in WvW

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think you are exaggerating. Many of the pro dungeon soloers live outsides of the USA, and they have higher than 150 ping, and actually usually 300 ping. They don’t have any problem.

Your 6 seconds skill delay most likely dont’ have anything to do with the 150 ping. For 6 seconds skill delay you need 3000 ping.

And I find pve to be half decent. Only problem is there is no penalty for dieing, since downed states, or even full death means people can simply res you.

And I actually dont’ have a problem with lag in wvw and I live in oceanic zone. I have skill delay problem from time to time. But usually the connection problem is fine.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

You know I am a new player and I’ve not experienced the things you mentioned on a day to day basis. I will admit there were times when the lag was heavy during mass battles, but all in all it was no different from other game experiences I’ve had during similar circumstances.

My advise is to get help from tech support. GW2 support staff went above and beyond to help me solve an issue. In fact I’d give them a top shelf rating on par with some of the best support staff that I’ve experienced in my very long MMO history.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Yes I could kill all mopbs in pve with just 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

I also can use 0(entangle) ,5(bonfire),7(flametrap),8(poison trap) and watch the group of 5 pulled in and dying extremely fast in the ball of fire I created.

Or use 4 (focus line),4(focus pull), 5 (warden),`,5(swordsman), 2…. well they’re dead as well, mesmer style instead of tranger as above… Could pop’m (F1) as well.

it is more pelasant then standing there 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 until it dies…

Mybe you lag, Hope you are on a wire… All people playing through wireless should check even if they have 8 bands why wireless bands get congested. especially in urban areas. I still go by with 20-35 ping, maybe 50 in weekends. skill lag, no normally not.

I welcome new playes, they pay for the maintainance of servers and the continued play , I do not mind you voicing your opinion either. But saying you notice it, doesn’t mean it’s A-Nets doing.

In huge Zrg vs Zrg battles My 32 Gb ram, 2 GTX 780 with OC-ed processor FPS dives into tyhe low double digits… (had 12 with 240 ppl fighting eachother. with more flashes on screen then I could register…) In the end people nootice a bit of lag and start spamming buttons and the client and the server get flooded. in those 40/s clicks/ tick / player (10k+ request/sec, actual combat is made and info needs to be send, and checked….) it slows… I’ll live… most of the time.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

you forgot to mention… make an elementalist, guardian or mesmer if you want to enjoy any sort of pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sounds like op have l2p issues and bad connection.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

My connection is fine, better than a lot on my server. And learn to play, how do you learn not to lag again?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

My connection is fine, better than a lot on my server. And learn to play, how do you learn not to lag again?

Everyone misses Junkpile’s sig line.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I dunno, but when your comments suggest your issues are very extreme compared to others, it is either an issue on your end, technically speaking, or your not being completely honest, by over exaggerating. Either way, it lends support questioning your statement.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I played in wvw over the weekend and not really experience any issues in full maps. Is this a issue with bigger server, or is it something that only effecting a limited amount?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think it’s an EU thing.

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

not EU..
go to any garrison capture on t1 NA..
skill lag will be there..believe it..
its like a new feature..
fighting against 2 servers was to easy..
so they decided to add a skill lag variable to the plot..
now you gotta fight 2 servers without knowing what is actually going on..so you use your imagination to imagine the cooldowns and hit the skills on the exact moment that they would be available if you were able to use them in the first place.. and you keep running and running doing that.. till eventually 1 side skill lag is over and the skills get “released” and they smash everyone else..cause the rest is still skill freezed…
its lots of fun

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Ah Hunter, you must not have been around in the days of the culling.

Now THAT was lag, lol.

in WvW

BassHunteR.7246

yep.. i haven’t been around lately..
i quitted on first quarter 2015… i decided i had enough stress working to come home and get even more stressed trying to play wvw and doing world bosses (those are the only 2 things i like in gw2 anyway)
skill lag was ridiculous..
from that moment further i log in twice a month to check how is the lag and find out nothing changed after 30 mins playing..than i get bored and dc again..
and so i am basically just reading forums hoping for a miracle to one day come to find out that ANET finally woke up and decided to improve the game performance for once..
but that day is not today i guess.
10-15 years old games have better performance when dealing with mass events then gw2 right now..
ppl keep saying: they are working on it..
but they say this for 2 years already..
and the only idea that came out of that period of work was to lower cap on maps and borderlands..
im sorry but if i had a big issue like this on my job and had to fix it or come with an idea and the only idea i gave was: lets lower the ammount of customers that are able to go inside .. i would be fired lonnnnnng ago..

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Skill lag = Server side lag. Nothing to do with you, your connection or your pc.

Latency/Ping = millisecond delay between your PC and the server. Has to do with both client and server.

Anet has been trying to fix the server side issues for over 3+ years. They did remove culling. But thats about it.

If you are living in the US and have 150ms, something is wrong.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Jayne.9251

If you are living in the US and have 150ms, something is wrong.

Oddly I get 60-80s (sometimes 100 in big fights) in EU.

I get over 140 on my NA account.

I live EST, lol. It’s so weird.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I dunno, but when your comments suggest your issues are very extreme compared to others, it is either an issue on your end, technically speaking, or your not being completely honest, by over exaggerating. Either way, it lends support questioning your statement.

I think there will always be some exaggeration with these kind of things. I always ask right away in map chat if others have the same problem. And this weekend it was like that. Zerg fights where we could not even press 1. So bad the other server decided to move away from our keep because they too could almost do nothing.
We are up against Piken and FSP so big zerg fights. And if everyone if having these problems it’s serverside. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Anet does the best they can. You can’t blame them for hardware that can’t handle all the data coming in. Servers have limitations and so does your mind.

Hang on sec!!

They developed this game and then sold it…You don’t sell something that your own kitten hardware can’t handle.

If you bought a house that was built on dodgy foundations and started to subside would you say “Well the builders did the best they could”?.

(edited by Colly.4073)

in WvW

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I don’t typically have the massive skill-lag issues that are being reported. Perhaps during gigantic blob-on-blob fights.

I did have mucho culling issues on my old laptop that caused me to only WvWvW during off-hours. Got a new machine and that’s pretty much over.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Anet does the best they can. You can’t blame them for hardware that can’t handle all the data coming in. Servers have limitations and so does your mind.

Hang on sec!!

They developed this game and then sold it…You don’t sell something that your own kitten hardware can’t handle.

If you bought a house that was built on dodgy foundations and started to subside would you say “Well the builders did the best they could”?.

Lol precisely! A mass PvP mode that cannot handle the player cap doing…mass PvP. Yeah, this is totally reasonable.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Yes I could kill all mopbs in pve with just 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

I also can use 0(entangle) ,5(bonfire),7(flametrap),8(poison trap) and watch the group of 5 pulled in and dying extremely fast in the ball of fire I created.

Or use 4 (focus line),4(focus pull), 5 (warden),`,5(swordsman), 2…. well they’re dead as well, mesmer style instead of tranger as above… Could pop’m (F1) as well.

it is more pelasant then standing there 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 until it dies…

To be fair here, there really should be more meaning for the other skills, you shouldn’t be able to just auto attack everything to death. The other skills should be needed, not just there for funzies. There is definitely a lack of challenge and a lack of importance of skills if you can just #1 everything down.

Not that I agree with everything OP is saying but being able to kill just about anything in the game with auto attack …. they need to put some more effort into some things.

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hang on sec!!

Lol precisely! A mass PvP mode that cannot handle the player cap doing…mass PvP. Yeah, this is totally reasonable.

#firstworldproblems

Kids in Africa don’t even know what gw2 is. Be thankful ye plebs!

Bad Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sending a digital pacifier

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in WvW

BassHunteR.7246

yes i can blame…
lineage2 is a 10 or 11 years old game..
its the same game publisher NC soft..
and the game performance is a lot better. i played it during a looonnng time and never had any issue on HUGE MASS EVENTS..and i mean HUGE… lot bigger then anything even possible on GW2 due to map capacity imposed by ANET..
so again..we can blame ANET for releasing a game 3 years ago that cant handle mass events not even on the same level as a game do that is 11 years old and is from the same publisher..
and the worst part??
there is not even a sign of improvement on the near future…
just distractions with fancy features and stuff on the “xpack” but improving whats broken?? no sir…

in WvW

Jayne.9251

#firstworldproblems

Lol this is what I think of when I see that “bring the Internet to the world” Facebook/Google project.

No fair that some people are internet-free — everyone in the world must be equally miserable as everyone else!

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

SOme good advice, and some poopy poo pants in this thread.

New players should find a good guild on whichever server they land on.

If WvW is the main interest, certainly T6 and above realm. T5 and T6 have great guilds, and a good population for new players to learn what they like in WvW. You can zerg at certain times of day, roam all times of day, and learn a lot about WvW’s gaming structure.

From there, the more hardcore will migrate up, the rest will enjoy playing the game where they’re at.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i play the game mode with 400-600 ping most of the time. it becomes unplayable at 1200+ ping…

also wvw is about large scale battles. i never join the zerg i like running in smaller groups busting zergs :-) try finding a zergbusting guild and u will see the difference.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Hang on sec!!

#firstworldproblems

Ahh so I’m taking it you don’t actually have an argument then? lol

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I will add one more bit of very important advice to new players:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT read these forums until you have played the game for a few weeks at the very least, so that you can form your own impressions and opinions of this game before descending into the overall negativity of these forums. Remember, most people who are happy with the game don’t bother posting here!

Carry on.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-