New profession: The Farmer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

I start this topic because i wanna go over the meta and trinity topic, i m one of many who like the trinity, and i was thinking for alot of thime this game lack of this.
Maybe is true, maybe not or maybe both, i’m start thinking the problem is the lack of content, in other games you have tiers of dungeons or they are the same but it scale difficulty when u became stronger, but usually u dont master them lke in this game because after a while u do other dungeons for have better rewards…
So we will get elitist on speed run, ppl will be kicked from istance etc etc, because everyone wanna do it faster as possible, elementalist war, guard, thief etc etc are fake profession, because everyone is become The Farmer, speed run everything make gold, farm maps etc etc
In other games i enjoyed the classes, the role, here everything are feeling like a way to farm, ppl even sell path!!!

I hope with HOT and specialization we should enjoy more the content without die under the “meta farmer community”

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

So the lack of content is the reason for the lack of Trinity?

No, the reason for the lack of traditional Trinity is two-fold:

• The classes weren’t designed with the Trinity in mind (no dedicated, sustainable threat skills, no dedicated healing).
  • The content wasn’t designed with the Trinity in mind.

As for some of the other issues:

• Farming is prevalent in dungeons in other games too. You farm for tokens, rare drops, xp etc.
  • Selling dungeon runs happens in other games too (ever heard of ‘boosting’?).
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I start this topic because i wanna go over the meta and trinity topic, i m one of many who like the trinity, and i was thinking for alot of thime this game lack of this.
Maybe is true, maybe not or maybe both, i’m start thinking the problem is the lack of content, in other games you have tiers of dungeons or they are the same but it scale difficulty when u became stronger, but usually u dont master them lke in this game because after a while u do other dungeons for have better rewards…
So we will get elitist on speed run, ppl will be kicked from istance etc etc, because everyone wanna do it faster as possible, elementalist war, guard, thief etc etc are fake profession, because everyone is become The Farmer, speed run everything make gold, farm maps etc etc
In other games i enjoyed the classes, the role, here everything are feeling like a way to farm, ppl even sell path!!!

I hope with HOT and specialization we should enjoy more the content without die under the “meta farmer community”

Looks like you are in a wrong boat, Exit is that way, please….

DO NOT bring trinity, gear treadmill toxic into GW2, they are more problematic than speed run, farmers….

The solution i see Anet is making more open world contents like SW that nobody cares your gear/build selection, no body sell VW, if HoT contents favor other gear sets, players will adjust their gear/build choice.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

This game is not designed for classic trinity, and it is pretty good the way it is. Please people, stop trying to change the game to your own wish’s, you should realize that the way the game was build is what attracted a lot of people in first place, so changing it to the classic trinity is just unfair for the original purpose of the game, and original buyers.

It is not like you got fooled when you bought the game, it is very explicit that gw2 don’t work the same way as the 2nd generation or classic standard mmorpg’s. It is perfect the way it is.

On a final note : You are not obligated to run the game the same way as others, you can play gw2 ur own way without any problems, as long as you don’t invalidate other persons gameplay style.

Lian Olsam.9541

I m not lf trinity, and i m not lf gear treadmill, but this map/dungeon farming is boring as hell i m lf istanced hard content, and a game where classes have more role than dps, if u lke to farm i dont wanna ruin your silverfarm map, but i d like to have something more competitive with more different role for classes

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

I m not lf trinity, and i m not lf gear treadmill, but this map/dungeon farming is boring as hell i m lf istanced hard content, and a game where classes have more role than dps, if u lke to farm i dont wanna ruin your silverfarm map, but i d like to have something more competitive with more different role for classes

Hard roles are NEVER going to happen. Period. Said countless time by Anet devs, this is not the game for it. Anet don’t want it, i can safely assume most of the player base don’t wan’t it either, it’s been said countless time, NEVER EVER.

More challenging content (instanced or not) thought… we look forward to HoT for that. But if you think the meta is about DPS only, you don’t know kitten. Sorry.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

it is the same in trinity games. efficient, good players want efficient, good team members to do content, you guessed it, efficiently and well. It does not matter whether you want efficient, good DPS*5 or efficient, good DPS*X + efficient, good T*X + efficient, good H*X. Stop using this threadbare line of argumentation for a trinity design.

Speed runs are a reality of all MMORPG I have ever seen (sans Eve maybe), as is kicking people not pulling their weight from teams. Both, again, have nothing to do with trinity design.

Lian Olsam.9541

So you really have fun with farming? Lol a real job is farming not a game, someone should have fun for it but its awesome when i see someone who will talk for everyone, we should call u mr president

The reality is everyone like to do different stuff, i m not saying to delete silverwaste and speedrun dungeons, or to rewrite the game for the holy trinity, is really fun when someone like me write “trinity” some guys will go in berserker mode and doesent understand anything else “this man wanna destroy my game” also if i’m saying i dont wannaput the trinity inside the game, so just relax and take it easy i’m juast saying i’d lke to go deeper in class mechanism with different hard istanced content, so turn off your frenzy and have fun

Kordash.2197

You want a trinity, yeah. Again, it’s not going to happen. /thread.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

So you really have fun with farming? Lol a real job is farming not a game, someone should have fun for it but its awesome when i see someone who will talk for everyone, we should call u mr president

The reality is everyone like to do different stuff, i m not saying to delete silverwaste and speedrun dungeons, or to rewrite the game for the holy trinity, is really fun when someone like me write “trinity” some guys will go in berserker mode and doesent understand anything else “this man wanna destroy my game” also if i’m saying i dont wannaput the trinity inside the game, so just relax and take it easy i’m juast saying i’d lke to go deeper in class mechanism with different hard istanced content, so turn off your frenzy and have fun

that is not what anyone said nor how anyone here reacted. Stop obfuscating the discussion with such cheap passive aggressive parlor tricks. Refute and argue if you can, noone is falling for such first grade discussion club strategies.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

OP will be delighted to know we’re already getting farming machines with HoT.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Reaper-Farming-Machine

:D

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Trinity beats “Zerk stacking in the corner” meta anyday-anytime.

Anyhow, if I wanted a good PvE experience I wouldn’t be playing GW in the 1st place, I’d be playing Tera. At least there you have a sense of satisfaction when you’re tanking/supporting.

Take aggro, soak the dmg, keep your braindead DPS alive, now that’s fun and you get to feel awesome.

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

You want a trinity, yeah. Again, it’s not going to happen. /thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3czh8f/wooden_potatoes_guild_wars_2_new_maguuma_teaser/ct0zl4g

There is a trinity, just not a trinity that locks you in to any specific role. like a pseudo trinity. And hopefully with HoT “Challenging Group Content” more people will actually start wanting to play a role other then pure DPS in pve.

Kordash.2197

You don’t seems to understand Colin in these post : Holy Trinity = Forced Hard Roles.
There is no forced, and that’s exactly what Colin said, there is no trinity. Some of the patterns like healing (healing does not mean character focusing on healing only) exists, but not as forced roles.

In short : no trinity, but some of the patterns mixed in each class.

And there is absolutely NO PURE DPS focused build in the PvE meta. Every build bring some support/control for the whole group, and cut down part of it’s personnal DPS.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

On a personnal note op, I play just and only for fractals 80% of my time.

Its abou the same as the SW farmers, only tought its my kind of elite content, since fractals 50 actually NEED’s different roles, just like you are pointing. (Grawl shaman is a good example of it). The difference, is that gw2 don’t support the “Classic” roles (aka trinity), it have a much higher versatility for roles. I’ll put examples for you:

Warrior = Dps Support (Phalanx strenght+empower allies, give the group more power).
Guardian = Reflects/heals (WoR, SoA, and Feel my wrath are incridibly powerful supportive skills).
Elementalist = Debilitating mobs (Gliph of storms can invalidate mobs with vulnerability, blinds, etc., frost bow can pretty much inutilize a boss for 5s)
Mesmer = Quick runs (He can literally stealth to pass trough some mobs, or portal the group to skip trashs, or give awesome quickness to the party)
Thief = Stealth group (More focused on skip trash on dungeons, and this is not bad tbh)
Ranger, engi and necro are the ones I agree that don’t have pretty good group roles, but they are op on pvp, so…