New race/profession would stop complaints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I wonder how much complaining will take place if the last week Feature Pack reveals a new race or new profession to play….all those changes to leveling would see some play then. A lot of people are simply rejecting some of the new features as not needed as they have most if not all toons to level 80. Having a new toon to level could change that perspective greatly.

Actually this is what we need a new area to start leveling a new race/profession. I bet most would want that to be Tengu/Dervish or something like that. Leave a comment below telling what race/profession you want to see.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

It would make sense. Why else should they give the low level experience scrolls to a player that plays since the beginning? ^^

Tengu would be fine, but I wouldn’t mind if we could play Largos (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Largos). THAT would be interesting.

9th profession should be something with heavy armor. Would make sense (3 light, 3 medium, 3 heavy). Derwish could fit. Or any kind of a darker knight (there was a pattern: guardian = light; warrior = neutral; xxx = dark). Or a battle mage. Or whatever. Not creative enough for that right now.

I know I am not getting my ritualist back. ^^

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I want a Dark Knight Quaggan.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ll take one Tengu. Have no idea what profession they might come up with so I’ll leave that blank.

If they do have Tengu I hope the armor doesn’t completely cover the feathers.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

The moaning would continue regardless.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Like I said somewhere yesterday. Some people were born to kitten and complain. You could give them the world and they’d still be unhappy.

That being said. Kodan Monks.
>__o¿
Why be the spirit of the bear when you can be the freaking bear?
And monks because I miss being a dedicated party protector.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t think it would stop complaints, I think it would change the content of the complaints. Mostly to “why did you make quaggans playable, I wanted kodan/tengu”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I wonder how much complaining will take place if the last week Feature Pack reveals a new race or new profession to play….all those changes to leveling would see some play then. A lot of people are simply rejecting some of the new features as not needed as they have most if not all toons to level 80. Having a new toon to level could change that perspective greatly.

Actually this is what we need a new area to start leveling a new race/profession. I bet most would want that to be Tengu/Dervish or something like that. Leave a comment below telling what race/profession you want to see.

Plenty of complains. What ever the race/profession you get “ANet why you no give me (insert race/profession here), don’t you listen to your fans?”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Aphotecaia.4057

Aphotecaia.4057

I’m dreaming of:

Tengu and Largos
Halberd, Lancer and Dervish

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Human nature dictates that we’d never be completely content with what we are given as we’d always want more and beyond. But I’d at least be happy for the time being if we got a new race to play with. For funzies sake, I wanna play a Grawl and just hop around Tyria like an idiot.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Like I said somewhere yesterday. Some people were born to kitten and complain. You could give them the world and they’d still be unhappy.

That being said. Kodan Monks.
>__o¿
Why be the spirit of the bear when you can be the freaking bear?
And monks because I miss being a dedicated party protector.

If you play Guardian, you’ll be always providing boons to allies.
Although to be Party Protector, you have to use Cleric gear, Mace, Shield and Hammer to provide defensive and healing boons.

• Support can deal damage and CC, but they focus solely on Support. This is Support role.

Dedicated how ever, is not permitted, you have to deal damage to contribute, if you don’t, you’re pretty much dead-weight and you don’t get contributions.

Most likely, Monks would be unarmed Martial Artist style combat class with medium or light armor. This would fit the far eastern theme of Tengu too.
Perhaps their mechanic would be for example: “combo stances” (Similar to Assassin Combo attacks in GW1), one of the combo stances would be named “Way of the Empty Palm”.

These Monks would use bare hands (weapon item would be hand-wrappings or combat gauntlets) or Staffs (Would just reuse Staffs as melee weapons with some magical power to boot)

Halberds, only if ANet changes Spears into “amphibious” weapon type. They’d be reach, but not same as Greatswords (Most melee attacks have 130 unit range, even GS has this same range).

Most spears also have same design as Halberds, Axe and Spear in one.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

We don’t need a new race. Guild Wars was great with just humans.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I’ll take one Tengu. Have no idea what profession they might come up with so I’ll leave that blank.

If they do have Tengu I hope the armor doesn’t completely cover the feathers.

Since the Tengu model is based on the Charr model, the existing armour will look the same as it does on the Charr.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

OoooooOOoo! Quaggan will eat your soul!

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

There will be no new race. Because they would need to implement a new starting map. This would be content. Feature patch doesn’t contain content. GG

Posted by: Doni.3402

Doni.3402

I think Tengu/Ritualist would be perfect for Cantha

So for Tyria Dwarfs or Largos would be very cool.

As a proffesion I like to see the Cronomancer ^^

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“Diamonds! That’ll shut her up….. for a minute” -Ron White

Some general idea here. Sure, it’ll shut people up…. for a minute….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I would be perfectly fine with just a reason to make a profession I didn’t already have (either due to not liking armor choices or not liking the playstyle). A new race/profession wouldn’t be bad, but I’m scraping bottom of the barrel here for what would make me happy with this game.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Week 3 won’t announce any new race or class.
Are peopel even readign the blogs completely at all.

Just as reminder:

Week 3: Collecting and Trading

I don’t understandy, how people can grasp under such a title line new classes and new playable races, when the topic is clearly Collecting and Trading
—-

However, to say also something on the topic, even if its completely unrelated to the feature pack , I’d like to see as next playable races Tengus and Largos only, if they get their looks redesigned and their lore slightly changed be be less of a boring race of silly wannabe assassins only.

As new proffesion I want to see getting added ever only just 1 new seperate class, a 3rd soldier class, something like a Knight which would implement as new useable weapons also Polearm Weapons like Halberds, Spears, Lances, Glaives, Naginatas, Pikes ect. under the Weapon Category of “Spear”, while the underwater polearm weapons for Melee Combat become “Harpoons” and the guns become renamed from Spear Guns to “Bolt Guns” to prevent confusings

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

Well, you could think that you’d be “collecting” a new race, and learning a new “trade”. Ok, you’d probably have to be pretty high to think that, but you could, you know. What? It could happen. Thinking that, I mean. Not the new races or profession. That’s totally not happening.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Week 3 won’t announce any new race or class.
Are peopel even readign the blogs completely at all.

Just as reminder:

Week 3: Collecting and Trading

I don’t understandy, how people can grasp under such a title line new classes and new playable races, when the topic is clearly Collecting and Trading

People seem to be under the impression that a feature patch contains a content update…. So I guess, par for the course…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

“My idea is what everyone else wants too!”
“I quit the game just like everyone else!”

etc., etc., etc.,….I see these all the time and the fact is……no….no they don’t.

In the world of psychology it’s the “My reality is everyone else’s reality too!” syndrome.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

If they announce Tengu, people will complain that it wasn’t Largos..

BTW, if they ever add Largos as a playable race, I’m making one with bright pink armor..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yeah I agree, a new profession/race would be cool, but it wouldn’t stop the complaints. Even something as awesome as the wardrobe was released. TONS of complaints about that. A new zone opened up, nothing but complaints. People will always find something to complain about. If all the options that people want were implemented, the complaints would then become “why did Anet turn this game into another MMO clone. It was fine before, but this is stupid.”I guess there is no pleasing anybody.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

And create new ones!

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

developing a brand new race and profession would take a lot of time and funding of which they seem to not have. I think the more realistic way of approaching it that would appease players is just adding either A: new utility skills or B: adding more weapon choices to the rest of the existing classes.

Gummy.4278

No guys I was not saying that a new race/profession was gonna be added into the last part…. I was saying that if it was, then people could see the benefits of the changes first hand. As it would make sense that everyone and their Mother would be rolling a new toon to try and level it, thus forcing you into seeing the new features in action.

A lot of complaints just based on the fact that most already got their toons to 80 and don’t see how these features benefit us at all. Having a reason to use the new features would quell some of the complaints and yes it would not stop them. Hell ya’ll complaining that I said it was known fact they was adding new race, when I didn’t.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

And a Krait Joker!

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

" I was saying that if it was, then people could see the benefits of the changes first hand. As it would make sense that everyone and their Mother would be rolling a new toon to try and level it, thus forcing you into seeing the new features in action."

I’ve just leveled up a new character over the last few weeks and it will be last unless the trait system is fixed. More and more capability seems to be getting pointlessly locked away just so players have to jump through hoops to unlock it. That’s not fun.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

New race/profession would create massive complaints because it would inevitably be followed by a revamp of the other classes to rebalance them with respect to the new class which would inevitably make some groups of people mad.

Posted by: Volfen.9571

Volfen.9571

A “Dark Knight” is too similar to a “Death Knight” , i don’t see it happening ,or atleast not the naming of it .. i would like them to perhaps do something with the Paragon , wore heavy and was a solid range. Guardians and warriors primarily melee , so would fit to have a solid heavy range.

I have read that there is a 6th “Unamed” water dragon, So going by that alone … i would see a “waterworld” type starting area with races of Quaggan and or Krait. Elon River area … maybe?

We still have Dragons to beat …. Only dragon we have fought is Zhaitan ….. with Mordremoth opening up Maguuma Jungle, we will need to get through Jormag (far shiverpeaks), Kralkatorik (Crystal Dessert), Primordus (Ring of Fire). Then and only then do i honestly see the possibility of a new race/prof when we are to face the last dragon ( as said above, with the water dragon). If it doesnt happen at that point, then wont be til Cantha / Elona ..yes, i believe we are going back in a couple years AFTER the dragons.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

It would make sense. Why else should they give the low level experience scrolls to a player that plays since the beginning? ^^

It does not make any sence at all. Why would they want you to skip the new zone they just added?

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

It does not make any sence at all. Why would they want you to skip the new zone they just added?

For the lazy ones. ^^

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I’d really give just about anything for an owl/raven type tengu dervish, or just a vulture-style tengu necromancer. That would be so awesome, especially if I could manage to get my hands on the Scythe Staff Skin.. only in my dreams.

Anything, Anet. ANYTHING.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Is a new race really cost-effective? To make it a first class race, you would need (beside new character models and animations, just at the moment where they are hidden in PvP) at least a new city, a new character story and a new lvl 1-15 map, . Quite an effort with not much effect on daily gameplay.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Daily gameplay has become 2 years of the same gameplay. All of the GW1 franchise was released in barely over the time GW2 has stayed relatively stagnant in terms of content release imo.

Regarding race/class, I’d have to say Tengu/Dervish would be the most likely new class/race that we’ll see.
- Tengu: I have been hearing rumors for a while now (not sure about confirmation or not) that one of the Tengu maps were already fairly developed even before the game was released. The Tengu have been present throughout GW2 from personal story to living story to maps in general.
- Dervish: There are 3 light, 3 medium, and 2 heavy classes. Dervish (or a variant of dervish) would fit nicely into a heavy class to balance out the armor class distribution. Furthermore, the Destroyer Scythe skin has been visible in the wardrobe for some time now in the staff category, but is currently unobtainable as the Primordus Staff already fills the role of a legitimate destroyer staff.

I’d personally love to see Largos and a variant of Ritualist in the game as well, but I think Tengu and Dervish are the more likely candidates.

Lastly, I really don’t think the Kodan will ever be available as a playable race in the game due to one reason: EotM. In the Edge of the Mists, the three basic guard races are trolls, ogres, and kodan. Implementing the kodan as a playable race would make EotM a very awkward place as everyone would bring their koda character to either mess with the enemy or roleplay as appropriate FR inhabitants; to make it a more balanced addition, trolls and ogres may have to be considered for playable races which I seriously doubt will ever happen. I think we already have the closest things we’ll ever have to playing as a kodan in the form of basic tonics and the EotM forge hammer.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Is a new race really cost-effective? To make it a first class race, you would need (beside new character models and animations, just at the moment where they are hidden in PvP) at least a new city, a new character story and a new lvl 1-15 map, . Quite an effort with not much effect on daily gameplay.

It can be. Put it behind a cash-purchased license (not gems) and everyone that wants to try the new race pays $10. Retro-fit some extra looks for the race in the hairstyle pack and anyone who hadn’t purchased that pack now might have more reason to get some gems too.

And I say it’d have a huge effect on daily gameplay. Any effort to add more custom options to play as is a huge plus for a lot of people (otherwise all the skins and stuff added to the gem store are for what?). I’ve never got a chance to play a bird man in an MMO, so if they added Tengu, that would be a new experience for me.

Lastly, I really don’t think the Kodan will ever be available as a playable race in the game due to one reason: EotM. In the Edge of the Mists, the three basic guard races are trolls, ogres, and kodan. Implementing the kodan as a playable race would make EotM a very awkward place as everyone would bring their koda character to either mess with the enemy or roleplay as appropriate FR inhabitants; to make it a more balanced addition, trolls and ogres may have to be considered for playable races which I seriously doubt will ever happen. I think we already have the closest things we’ll ever have to playing as a kodan in the form of basic tonics and the EotM forge hammer.

Are Kodan only polar bear-esque creatures, or can they be any kind of bear? I figure if they are from the north, they’d all look the same which would really limit options on how you can make your Kodan look. That is a minus when it comes to being a possible race (the only real way to differentiate your Kodan would be through armor) but possibly a plus (easier to add a race that has fewer body options?)

To me, I can see so many possible variants on Tengu, from the various beak types to vibrant plumage patterns to even being a mix of reptile looks with feathers. So many possibilities, it might just be too difficult to start XD

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Nice thought… but no.
People like to complain and whine too much.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

No.

This is internet. Give every one player a check for thousand dollars, they will complain. Give everyone of them cancer they will complain. Release new content they will complain. Don’t release new content they will complain.

Complaining is the ultimate form of existence for many people in this game genre and the anonymity of being online provides them with fertile grounds to grow into full fledged trolls who are dissatisfied and disenchanted by default, no amount of changes will make them happy.

Spoke my piece.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Gummy.4278

Ok let me add some spice to this kitten pot!!!!

Who wants to stir this:

Dwarven / Berserker (Great Axes)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ok let me add some spice to this kitten pot!!!!

Who wants to stir this:

Dwarven / Berserker (Great Axes)

Dwarves make no sense to return at all, being stone creatures now which apparently have all gone deep into Tyria. They cannot procreate anymore, which means if any are destroyed then they cannot replenish.

If “Berserker” was a class, I don’t know if it would be set apart any differently from Warrior.

Great axes sound interesting, but every time I see mock-up skills they tend to be cherry-picked from the features of other weapons into one godly weapon, rather than its own identity.

If I had to choose?

- Add Tengu. (And while at it, fix the issues with nonhumans and armor issues.)

- Mystic. (Roll Ritualist and Dervish into one thematically. Mechanically, treat as a class which is meant for low-power multi-target hits in melee which carry secondary effects. Or alternatively, could use long-range spirit-based magic.)

- Polearms. (“blade on a stick” for the Mystic to focus with, add them to Mesmers, Warriors, Thieves, and Rangers. Melee weapons with a reach but a straight-forward area of striking rather than sweeping.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

I was just thinking, Quaggans really should be a playable race. Its disappointing that they aren’t. Plus, Arenanet is trying to attract new players and what better way than with a cute mascot?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I was just thinking, Quaggans really should be a playable race. Its disappointing that they aren’t. Plus, Arenanet is trying to attract new players and what better way than with a cute mascot?

Depends on what new players you want to attract.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

No, no it wouldn’t. There’s plenty wrong with the game that no amount of shiny can fix.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

only thing i want and i even wanne spend alot of real mony into it
is the kodan race with all there classes to what they use

beserker storm caller and my favorite the bell ringer

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Death Knight !!! or…Dragonslayer…

Posted by: MisterGumby.8924

MisterGumby.8924

We don’t need a new race. Guild Wars was great with just humans.

Emphasis on was. Fact is they introduced a number of different playable races, opening up the player base to a realm of diverse possibility. On top of that you have dozens of other races that have their own reasons for existing, and in some cases, even helping the main 5 in their war against the dragons. If ever the game map was expanded to another area of Tyria, another race would perfectly compliment this new zone, not to mention giving Anet a reason to dustoff the Pact(whom so far have been twiddling their thumbs it feels) and get them involved in a gripping story again.

Failing that though I would like to see at least a new class. Another heavy class; something to balance out the others. You have 3 mediums, 3 lights, but only 2 heavies.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Why is tengu vs largos a thing? Winged assassins that look cool against chubby short bird people?
No new race no new class because the 8 classes we have are already badly balanced. No need to add more to the clusterkitten really.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They could release two free expansions tomorrow and people would still be complaining.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Why is tengu vs largos a thing? Winged assassins that look cool against chubby short bird people?
No new race no new class because the 8 classes we have are already badly balanced. No need to add more to the clusterkitten really.

Attachments: