New race with Jan/Feb content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

So we’ve heard a few times now to expect an expansion’s worth of content in January and February. Expansions usually come with a new class or race. Do you all think we might finally see the tengu become a playable race? Possibly the largos if it’s underwater heavy?

An expansion’s worth of content would probably mean a few maps, good guesses would be either north into the Shiverpeaks (and Jormag’s domain) or south into the Crystal Desert and Kralkatorrik. Neither one lends to the tengu or the largos (at least not obviously). Do you guys think we might get a new race in these updates or are they overstating/we overestimating the amount of content coming?

A new race would mean a lot of additional voice acting (and unless they did whole new storylines, a lot of weird backtracking through the current story). I expect we won’t see a new race, but when you say an expansion’s worth of content, to me that includes a new race or class, with the latter being unlikely.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

I am sure any new race/class will be withed for an actual boxed expansion. My $0.02 anyways, don’t quote me…it just makes more financial/business sense on Anet’s side…

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

If there is one, it’s the Tengu for sure. But there probably won’t be one.

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

I did hear the tengu have been worked on.

Posted by: NullArk.9580

NullArk.9580

Honestly, I wouldn’t get your hopes up at all. Every “big update” so far has been pretty lackluster, so them claiming it’s an “expansions worth” isn’t relatable to any other game’s content.

Drop your expectations so you’ll actually be happy with what you get. I know, it sucks, but right now it’s all the updates have going for them until they actually decide to put out some real content.

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

Hopefully the wvw changes aren’t considered an entire expansion

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I don’t know how to say it other than “No”…

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

lol why?

new race? there is a ton of stuff to fix before that..

Silly OP

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

A new race, especially if it does not have a human-like body, just means that we poor Charr have to wait even longer for our clipping issues to be addressed… as I am guessing that a new race will come with more than enough clipping issues to set back all those Charr clipping issues.

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

I’m as hopeful as most people, but I also doubt this will be the case. It might be too early to release so much new content. Heck, I haven’t even played all professions and races yet.

If there will be a major update, I’m guessing it will be more story line for our characters, more lore and perhaps a few maps. Or even building on the latest lost shore map.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I’d love to see Dervish but atm with so many bugs in current professions, I hope the team working on them get pulled to bug fixing/balancing for a month.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I REALLY doubt we’ll be getting a new class or race, personally I just want traits and skills re-vamped to become useful and build defining. Especially on Thief, we really only have 2 viable builds -.-

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

lol why?

new race? there is a ton of stuff to fix before that..

Silly OP

How is it silly? They already said there would be an expansions worth of content. When has ANet ever referred to bug and balancing fixes as content?

Still, I don’t think a new race is going to be added, but I certainly wouldn’t say it’s out of the realm of possibility either.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

• 3 new zones.
  • 2 new s/t pvp maps.
  • over 50 new dynamic events added to old zones.
  • Pve and Pvp class balance and refinement, for all classes to bring in line with current design ideas for what the classes are intended to feel like and be like.
  • 2 new Ascended items added, Amulet and accessory.
  • 5 more legendary items added.
  • 12 new Mini pets to be found and rewarded for achievements.
  • Mini games to be polished.
  • Dungeon system improvement to better allow players access.
  • Nine new fractal of the mist fractals.

This is what I believe we will see, sounds like a fair bit, and about right for an expansion, if not more. However I do not think we will see a new race or class yet they are still struggling to get the current game under wraps with the current classes. Does not remove the possibility however.

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Slightly peripheral to your topic and question, but I caught an allusion to a potential underwater theme as setting for some / most of the “expansion” (I know we’re all just completely, 100% guessing here though). Whatever possible new race could be included along with whatever else may get thrown in, an underwater setting would be absolutely disastrous unless they get that little “immune” mob hiccup (read: massive game, quest, champ / vet, mob, dynamic event shattering MAJOR issue at least in roughly 50% or so of every under water encounter currently in game).

As it stands currently I avoid any under water activity involving fighting a mob as much as I’m able to. This has been a huge issue for me personally from the begining and it has recieved approximately ZERO or less attention as far as I’m aware. I don’t recall even seeing it referenced by anyone from A-Net come to think of it (though to be fair I don’t actively look).

I’m not just kittening about it, I’m not abandoning the game or demanding a refund or organizing protests or anything. All I’m saying is that if they’re going to add much content under water, especially important content which one wouldn’t want to just simply side step, this MUST be fixed, in my humble opinion anyway.

In addition, casting conjecture on raw guess work here LOL, if they were to write the Tengu in it seems at least possible that some form of arial combat might be possible – which low and behold would involve a Z-axis like under water content. Stands to reason the same problem would be inherent there too.

Honestly we’re stepping so far into the “realm of maybe” though with this topic and discussion everything I said above is about as close to irrelevant as one can get without having never actually even played the game! Lemme run get my 7 year old nieces thoughts on GW2 and their potential “expansion”, it’ll be just as relevant. LOL!

Posted by: exelion.2369

exelion.2369

I doubt it but if they do it would be tengu.

Don’t mess with Ascalon!

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Won’t happen with a free content patch. They’ll make you pay for it.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Slightly peripheral to your topic and question, but I caught an allusion to a potential underwater theme as setting for some / most of the “expansion” (I know we’re all just completely, 100% guessing here though). Whatever possible new race could be included along with whatever else may get thrown in, an underwater setting would be absolutely disastrous unless they get that little “immune” mob hiccup (read: massive game, quest, champ / vet, mob, dynamic event shattering MAJOR issue at least in roughly 50% or so of every under water encounter currently in game).

As it stands currently I avoid any under water activity involving fighting a mob as much as I’m able to. This has been a huge issue for me personally from the begining and it has recieved approximately ZERO or less attention as far as I’m aware. I don’t recall even seeing it referenced by anyone from A-Net come to think of it (though to be fair I don’t actively look).

I’m not just kittening about it, I’m not abandoning the game or demanding a refund or organizing protests or anything. All I’m saying is that if they’re going to add much content under water, especially important content which one wouldn’t want to just simply side step, this MUST be fixed, in my humble opinion anyway.

In addition, casting conjecture on raw guess work here LOL, if they were to write the Tengu in it seems at least possible that some form of arial combat might be possible – which low and behold would involve a Z-axis like under water content. Stands to reason the same problem would be inherent there too.

Honestly we’re stepping so far into the “realm of maybe” though with this topic and discussion everything I said above is about as close to irrelevant as one can get without having never actually even played the game! Lemme run get my 7 year old nieces thoughts on GW2 and their potential “expansion”, it’ll be just as relevant. LOL!

If they added flying with their current z axis I would have to quit the nausea associated with their z camera would make my stomach explode.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

• 3 new zones.
  • 2 new s/t pvp maps.
  • over 50 new dynamic events added to old zones.
  • Pve and Pvp class balance and refinement, for all classes to bring in line with current design ideas for what the classes are intended to feel like and be like.
  • 2 new Ascended items added, Amulet and accessory.
  • 5 more legendary items added.
  • 12 new Mini pets to be found and rewarded for achievements.
  • Mini games to be polished.
  • Dungeon system improvement to better allow players access.
  • Nine new fractal of the mist fractals.

This is what I believe we will see, sounds like a fair bit, and about right for an expansion, if not more. However I do not think we will see a new race or class yet they are still struggling to get the current game under wraps with the current classes. Does not remove the possibility however.

this alone with would be awesome and possible but more then i think we will get as for new race or profession they should wait for exspansions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

their expansion worth of content will be a lfg tool and fotm patch.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

don’t forget over 1000 new items that can be crafted!!! when really its 2-3 new mats and that 1000 is including every new weapon/armor/jewel/food with the same prefix of stats using those same 2-3 mats.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

what i really want them to do is give us one main hand and one offhand weapon for every class. i’m SICK of spamming same skills for 4 months.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

They need to fix the content that came at launch and do something worthwhile with that useless crab island they added. THEN the community will take additional content seriously.

Until then nobody wants it.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I did hear the tengu have been worked on.

this is based on….. what?

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Won’t happen because of character slots. Most players would either have to delete an alt to make a character of the new race/profession, or buy a slot, and I don’t believe they would make us do that. They will include one or two more character slots with a paid expansion for new races/professions, if any are added.

Posted by: Aisunokami.6430

Aisunokami.6430

Won’t happen because of character slots. Most players would either have to delete an alt to make a character of the new race/profession, or buy a slot, and I don’t believe they would make us do that. They will include one or two more character slots with a paid expansion for new races/professions, if any are added.

As a free to play game, its in there best interest to add a new race in which we are then required to pay for a new charecter slot in which to play.

Not that I even remotely think this will happen with a free expansion.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Still, I don’t think a new race is going to be added, but I certainly wouldn’t say it’s out of the realm of possibility either.

It’s completely out of the realm of possibility, not to mention a ridiculous idea. I doubt we will get more than one zone and updates to WvW and sPvP.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

February will be a WvW update (a huge one apparently)

Hopefully Anet doesn’t end up adding more pve into pvp.