New release not exciting at all

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

All the talk of the probes being something to summon the dragon was cool and exciting, and it sounded legit. But of course it was just another excuse to rehash content we already have or witnessed. To me this sounds exactly as the clockwork chaos update with scarlet’s invasions but instead of a million mobs its just the jungle wurm and an upscaled watchwork guard from the queen’s jubilee.

Its quite obvious what this update includes other than what they already showed; A 12 step meta achievement that will reward us with a backpiece skin, more zerg fests and lag. After all the hype that was building over christmas break it was just once again nothing. After the first 2 or 3 days everyone will forget about this update and go back to doing their dailys. At this point I really don’t think anet is capable of bringing anything new to the table with living story.

Be prepared to be let down by the finale.

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

speak for yourself, I’m quite excited. The wurm seems to be a new of a kind If I understood this the right way it’s a meta-boss which uses a whole map, so he isn’t static anymore. Not sure if this is true or if it’s just the language barrier that hit me, but in case it is this would be a huge step in making meta event bosses more dynamic.

It’s also stated that the wurm is only a “byproduct” of these mystical probes. It’s only the first part of four of the finale.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Will I get generic “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” comments if I say I’m ready to leave this game? Perhaps I’ve been thinking of it the wrong way all the time. I wanted a game I could devote my time to but I see now there is absolutely nothing for me to do outside of these updates.

Run dungeons – for what purpose?
Farm gold – for what purpose?
Champ trains – lol
WvW – for what purpose?
PvP – for what purpose?

There’s only one fun profession (Ele of course) my personal story died over a year ago and the RNG is worse than any game I have played, ever.

>log in
>run around in circles
>log out

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Yea, it’s LS update 1 of 4, and the big wurm is one creature unearthed by the probes, but don’t stop at thinking all those mysterious probes all over Tyria/Kryta are there just to bring out a wurm… he could be the first of 4 lieutenants maybe?? Scarlet could be another, perhaps??

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Dr Ritter.1327

Will I get generic “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” comments if I say I’m ready to leave this game? Perhaps I’ve been thinking of it the wrong way all the time. I wanted a game I could devote my time to but I see now there is absolutely nothing for me to do outside of these updates.

Champ trains – lol
WvW – for what purpose?
PvP – for what purpose?

There’s only one fun profession (Ele of course) my personal story died over a year ago and the RNG is worse than any game I have played, ever.

>log in
>run around in circles
>log out

I feel you, I’ve stuck with the game since beta and while I had fun with the initial release i’ve been trying to make myself believe that anet will finally makesomething good out of living story but it just isn’t the same company that made the first game. My tank is about to be on empty, i was hoping the next 3 updates would be big enough to hold my interest but with a bunch of next gen releases coming up I don’t think i’ll make it.

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Champ trains – lol
WvW – for what purpose?
PvP – for what purpose?

>log in
>run around in circles
>log out

Looking too deep into it. What game does really hold a greater purpose, anyway? A game is played to be enjoyed, and if you’re not enjoying it anymore, well… don’t let the door hit you on the way out (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Champ trains – lol
WvW – for what purpose?
PvP – for what purpose?

>log in
>run around in circles
>log out

The purpose of ANY game is to entertain, perhaps educate and most importantly, have fun playing. If GW2 doesn’t do that for you, which it surely sounds like it doesn’t, then maybe it’s time for a break. I can see a TON of potential in WvW for improving my own personal game play. I find some of the living story to be fun but if it’s not, I don’t do it. Instead of my saying “don’t let the door hit you”, I think I will ask you what you do want out of a game?

As far as the new content is concerned, I think we’re going to see yet another timer/location of pulsing towers web site so we all know where the new wurm will be jumping up from before the wurm does. Go ANet API!!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I can’t wait (even though I must) for the next update, but I must say I think the video was quite underwhelming – for me personally anyway.

I was disappointed in seeing the same sort of twisted nightmare creatures from other living stories which was quite odd because I would have thought Scarlet would be more inventive than that.

I give credit where it’s due though, and I can understand why the twisted nightmare creatures would make a return because it’s easy (rather than coming out with a whole bunch of new creatures to create) and pumping out massive updates every 2 weeks would have its toll.

Look forward to the rewards.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Why is it not exciting?
What would an exciting update be?
I know what I would want, and it certainly isn’t more dps zerg events.

Dr Ritter.1327

Why is it not exciting?
What would an exciting update be?
I know what I would want, and it certainly isn’t more dps zerg events.

An exciting update would be a new zone, a new dungeon, a new minigame, etc.

this update is looking exactly like a boring dps zerg event, so i’m not sure what you mean

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Can’t we all just wait until After the thing gets released for people to complain about it?

Posted by: torukmakto.3412

torukmakto.3412

I get what tomlin.8204 is saying, the LS have been dragging on as if it was forever, its here on day, gone the next, with only really leaving Backpiece /Armor/ Weapon Skins behind. If each patch (or every other patch or so) would had release a new Zone, a new content to explore, half of us would be more excited and less judgmental (just a little, not by a whole lot)

All I can say is, I’ll wait until the patch comes out before casting my vote on it, and awaiting Mid-March of this “Expansion” type patch to come.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Champ trains – lol
WvW – for what purpose?
PvP – for what purpose?

>log in
>run around in circles
>log out

And what’s, exactly, the purpose for you to run dungeons in other games? Or farm gold? A few points in your ever increasing stats, leading to a new boss that has ever increasing stats.

Sounds to me like someone has bought into the fiction of vertical progression.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Looks exciting to me. Can’t wait for next week!

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

People played UW and FoW for years in GW1, GW2 lacks good repayable content with well designed rewards.

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

I seem to be the only one on this forum that knows how a story works. I’m so excited that this game actually has one that lasts, rather than being released all at once and then having nothing for two years.

I LOVE the living story. I pity the poor person who had to change their vision for the living story because of impatience on the part of the players. Releasing a little bit of story every two weeks is an amazing idea, and it seems that people here can’t connect the dots enough to realize that these story pieces aren’t random – they’re all part of a larger whole.

What I’m getting is that not only do most people not understand that the conclusion of the story is forthcoming, but that they want all their story at once, and then they want to repeat it over and over and over for a year until more story comes out. Then they can repeat that over and over.

I am legitimately confused. Why does this have to be all instant gratification? Why can’t we all just relax and let the story come as it does?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

speak for yourself, I’m quite excited. The wurm seems to be a new of a kind If I understood this the right way it’s a meta-boss which uses a whole map, so he isn’t static anymore. Not sure if this is true or if it’s just the language barrier that hit me, but in case it is this would be a huge step in making meta event bosses more dynamic.

It’s also stated that the wurm is only a “byproduct” of these mystical probes. It’s only the first part of four of the finale.

Yes because we should all be excited by an upscaled version of perhaps the worst world boss in the game and a gigantic watchwork version of Scarlet. Seriously that video was absolutely laughable.

I am legitimately confused. Why does this have to be all instant gratification? Why can’t we all just relax and let the story come as it does?

Well you obviously haven’t actually read the criticisms then. Its got nothing to do with instant gratification and everything to do with the poor writing and achievement grind that the LS updates have become.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Vayne.8563

People played UW and FoW for years in GW1, GW2 lacks good repayable content with well designed rewards.

FoW was okay to do once or twice. UW was probably a bit better. Those who ran it for years were the exception, not the rule. A tiny portion of the playerbase, standing around in the Temple of Ages, spamming for the new meta build that people could speed run it with.

Yawn.

While I do wish there was content for you, Anet knows how many people actually did that kind of thing. I’m guessing it wasn’t a popular as some people assume.

tomlin.8204

ftr I thought some updates were fantastic, I really enjoyed the first Halloween, Wintersday, Winds of the what-you-ma-call-it. These were very interesting and fun events and the invasion of Southsun/LA was a good idea but they really bit off more than they could chew with that one – servers just couldn’t handle it.

I forget what/where it was said but that statement about “We did some research about who logs in when and why we have many players, and we discovered it was when we had updates, so we thought lolomg what if we could have updates every 2 weekz!!!” really reminded me of that “yo dawg I heard you like ____ so we _” meme, and I really didn’t want to believe that was a sound logic. As such the updates we do get seem pretty lackluster.

The purpose of ANY game is to entertain, perhaps educate and most importantly, have fun playing. If GW2 doesn’t do that for you, which it surely sounds like it doesn’t, then maybe it’s time for a break.

I agree. But breaks in games like these are bad for games like these. I need something else to do with my free (gaming) time now – wonder what alternatives there are? I love my profession, I love my character and I love the atmosphere, but there’s absolutely nothing I want to do, especially not the increasingly dull world bosses that I’ve been doing for the past year, with absolutely no reward of value.

It is odd when I think of games that don’t even have rewards. FPS’s, old platform games. In some games all you got for doing everything was a game over screen. Why do I feel so disappointed when I don’t get good rewards for doing these tedious tasks? Spoiled? I don’t know. This is not a platform game.It’s a game largely based on rewards, and the rewards are borked.

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Why is it poor writing, though?

And why grind at all? You can actually play the content without getting all the achievements. And even if you want the carrot at the end, it’s so very easy to just acquire a lot of them through doing the dailies.

I get the feeling sometimes that a lot of people think this is poor writing because the main villain is NOT a dragon, and is a female character. I don’t think I’d see half the griping if everyone knew right now whether or not the villain was Primordus.

Vayne.8563

I seem to be the only one on this forum that knows how a story works. I’m so excited that this game actually has one that lasts, rather than being released all at once and then having nothing for two years.

I LOVE the living story. I pity the poor person who had to change their vision for the living story because of impatience on the part of the players. Releasing a little bit of story every two weeks is an amazing idea, and it seems that people here can’t connect the dots enough to realize that these story pieces aren’t random – they’re all part of a larger whole.

What I’m getting is that not only do most people not understand that the conclusion of the story is forthcoming, but that they want all their story at once, and then they want to repeat it over and over and over for a year until more story comes out. Then they can repeat that over and over.

You’re not the only person who understands how a story works. I was quite enjoying the way it was, and I’m also sorry they have to change it.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Having fun.

Having fun.

P
Champ trains – lol

?

WvW – for what purpose?

Having fun.

PvP – for what purpose?

Having fun.

Perhaps I’ve been thinking of it the wrong way all the time.

Definitely, this is videogame.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Dr Ritter.1327

You didn’t even read my post, I am talking the gameplay here not the storyline. I’m not a fan of the scarlet saga but thats another post for another day.

The Paragon
#beastgate

tomlin.8204

And what’s, exactly, the purpose for you to run dungeons in other games? Or farm gold? A few points in your ever increasing stats, leading to a new boss that has ever increasing stats.

My sig will tell you I don’t care for forum buzzwords

At least the game in your description has a purpose. The purpose of having gold in other games similar to this is, well, you know, it’s a currency. It’s worth something. Running a specific dungeon with specific drops repeatedly will give you a goal, something to work or hope for. These thousands of tokens for ugly armour sets that I have are completely pointless, so there’s the reward out of the window, it seems you’ll agree that consatntly running the same dungeon over and over can get boring; why would I do them again?

For more garbage items to sell to an npc or a rare rune that’s soulbound that I don’t even want to use or a hilarious tonic that I can’t fight in or a Precursor…

…yeah right. I haven’t played every mmo out there but are there any others that can give you the best reward possible from any low-level mob, with just as much luck at forging one as say the best imbue/enchant/whatever it’s called in said game? ie next to none.

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Having fun.

Having fun.

P
Champ trains – lol

?

WvW – for what purpose?

Having fun.

PvP – for what purpose?

Having fun.

Perhaps I’ve been thinking of it the wrong way all the time.

Definitely, this is videogame.

If the purpose was to have fun, why aren’t those things fun?

(Preempting the “fun is subjective” argument)

tomlin.8204

P
Champ trains – lol

?

You are unfamiliar with champion trains? If you are, well, they are groups of people (otherwise known as a ‘zerg’!) that swarm around one map like a bunch of noobs and mow down the same mobs over and over again. If you’re not unfamiliar with this term, then sorry for being condescending*

I suppose this falls into your category of “for fun” too. Some may find it fun, I can dig that, I’ve done my share of it and had some fun doing it. My own opinion though is that a more organised dungeon run with known, limited numbers is more fun than this idiotic passtime, which is what a big part of the game seems to have unfortunately fallen into.

*not really sorry.

Vayne.8563

My sig will tell you I don’t care for forum buzzwords

At least the game in your description has a purpose. The purpose of having gold in other games similar to this is, well, you know, it’s a currency. It’s worth something. Running a specific dungeon with specific drops repeatedly will give you a goal, something to work or hope for. These thousands of tokens for ugly armour sets that I have are completely pointless, so there’s the reward out of the window, it seems you’ll agree that consatntly running the same dungeon over and over can get boring; why would I do them again?

For more garbage items to sell to an npc or a rare rune that’s soulbound that I don’t even want to use or a hilarious tonic that I can’t fight in or a Precursor…

…yeah right. I haven’t played every mmo out there but are there any others that can give you the best reward possible from any low-level mob, with just as much luck at forging one as say the best imbue/enchant/whatever it’s called in said game? ie next to none.

Nothing to do with buzz words. I’ve played those “other games”. Rift, WoW, AoC, Aion, Perfect World, DDO, Lotro.

It’s all smoke and mirrors no matter what you do. The only question is what smoke and mirrors you buy into.

I never once felt anything playing WoW. Nothing. There was no purpose to anything I did. So I don’t play WoW.

If there’s no purpose to anything you do here, then obviously this game doesn’t synchronize with your personal taste. But that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to work towards or nothing to do.

I found there was nothing to work toward in Rift. In the end, I was do nothing by trying to collect sparklies, because raiding is meh to me. I don’t enjoy it, I don’t care about it. I’m not interested in it.

Strangely enough I don’t seem to be in a minority. Most people don’t consider themselves raiders.

All any game can ever give you a series of things to do that you either enjoy or you don’t enjoy. If you don’t enjoy them, by all means, don’t do them. But they’re not pointless, they’re just things you don’t like.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

(Preempting the "fun is subjective" argument)

They are to plenty of people.

If you keep playing a game you don’t have fun with that means you have a problem.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You’re not the only person who understands how a story works. I was quite enjoying the way it was, and I’m also sorry they have to change it.

There is much to be said about the concept of the Living Story and I admire what they tried to achieve with the 2 week update. Having said that, there have been many exceptional analyses on why the current story has been a prime example of how never to tell a story and how many rules of basic storytelling have been broken. Some of these have come from the dev team themselves who have held up their hands and basically said “we got this wrong in places”. Kudos to them for saying it too.

The advantages we have by extending the period not only extends to (hopefully) a better quality of writing and storytelling, is that ultimately the original vision has a much better chance to flourish. The story at times forgot about the rest of the world in favour of short, sharp bursts of story with no real interaction with the rest of the world.

For example Tower of Nightmares. Certainly from a gameplay P.O.V it was one of their best updates. But, it all happened so quickly and w/o development. And disappeared just as quick without really impacting the world around it. The Centaurs, the bandits, all ignored what was going on, whilst happily breathing in the toxic fumes.

For a story to grab its readers, its needs to build and reveal gradually, not wait for one big tie together at the end. What this change means is that they can give themsleves the time and resources to do just that – and that’s something (for me) that is quite exciting.

tomlin.8204

If there’s no purpose to anything you do here, then obviously this game doesn’t synchronize with your personal taste.

But I want it to! As I said I love the atmosphere and there’s so many cute and delightful things about the game that I appreciate, unfortunately they are all activities I have done before and don’t really see any point to do them again. I guess the game is now for me like listening to music, but with interactive colours.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Champ trains – lol
WvW – for what purpose?
PvP – for what purpose?

>log in
>run around in circles
>log out

Definitely. I log in now and then when I’m extremely bored, but as soon as EQNL comes out I’m going to focus on that. It holds a lot more promise and interest than rehashed rehashed rehashed content.

At least GW2 is free once you pay for it. If there’s any hope for it, it’s no loss monetarily to me to just wait and see if it actually goes somewhere.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

NewTrain.7549

(Preempting the “fun is subjective” argument)

They are to plenty of people.

If you keep playing a game you don’t have fun with that means you have a problem.

I don’t play. I stopped playing maybe 6-7 months ago. I desperately hope for improvements, so I follow patches closely. I read the forums to see what’s going on. I’ve posted maybe 4 times in as many months. I want to like the game, I really do; yet I just can’t.

That being said, if ANet’s purpose was to create actual fun content, you wouldn’t see the same gripes over and over about content being boring, shallow, and derivative.

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

And why grind at all? You can actually play the content without getting all the achievements. And even if you want the carrot at the end, it’s so very easy to just acquire a lot of them through doing the dailies.

I get the feeling sometimes that a lot of people think this is poor writing because the main villain is NOT a dragon, and is a female character. I don’t think I’d see half the griping if everyone knew right now whether or not the villain was Primordus.

Well, Skarlet is just another “lunatic villain”. Lunatic villains aren’t exactly that interesting because they can do just about anything and they do what they do simply because they are mad. Say Shiro from Guild Wars Factions was a lot more interesting foe in my opinion. “Some say the great deceiver of Cantha was a victim of the fates. Others call him a traitor”. He had more character. Sure he was a little cheesy as well, but in the right way.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Reads more like people are bored with their real life and expecting WAY too much from a video game. Get out of the house and get some sun! Come back to the game if you feel like it. This isn’t a replacement for real life enjoyment and passion.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I haven’t been playing for awhile now and this update won’t get me back into the game. I can just hope that this big feature update is actually decent. I won’t hold my breath.

Vayne.8563

Well, seems to me on patch does someone must like the content, because I keep getting put into overflows. I mean consistently.

Sometimes I’m on overflows for days and days after a patch hits.

I think the word I’d use to describe some of the posts I’ve read here as uncharitable. People certainly love to use language to exaggerate what they see is wrong with the game…and there are obviously things wrong with the game.

So let’s say Anet created and launched a new zone. A big zone like I don’t know…Hirathi or Gendarran Fields…something that side. With a hundred dynamic events in it.

How long do you really think that it would be before people finished the zone, and were complaining we have no new zones? Or that the DEs are the same old protect, kill and escort quests (because there really only are so many types of quests available in games).

People talk about reskinned content but that’s all new zones are in most games. I guess it depends on which illusions you can buy into.

People would “beat” the zone in a few days and then say there wasn’t enough content.

Hell, people did that with Factions when it came out and that was an entire game.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I really don’t understand threads like this. Should be closed. It’s a post that should be a reply on a thread, not a thread itself. It offers no room for constructive criticism, absolutely pointless post, and all it does is try and make other peoples excitement fade. If you think that there is nothing coming and it’s all a load of bullkitten then just leave. Seriously. Obviously you want it to be good or else you wouldn’t post a pointless thread like this. Try and look at the glass half full, not half empty. And please don’t reply to this post with the “I’ve been playing this game this long, and Anet did this and that and this and that, and this is just going to be another one of those and so I have a right to post this” kinda reply because that’s all anyone ever says when someone makes a reply like mine. Try to have some optimism. Thanks.

Cush

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

It is sad to see how easily satsified the masses are. Truly.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

And now we’re gonna start seeing the “two week updates” crowd bubbling in, wondering why Arena.net would stop doing something they liked…

tomlin.8204

I really don’t understand threads like this. Should be closed. It’s a post that should be a reply on a thread, not a thread itself. It offers no room for constructive criticism, absolutely pointless post, and all it does is try and make other peoples excitement fade. If you think that there is nothing coming and it’s all a load of bullkitten then just leave. Seriously. Obviously you want it to be good or else you wouldn’t post a pointless thread like this. Try and look at the glass half full, not half empty. And please don’t reply to this post with the “I’ve been playing this game this long, and Anet did this and that and this and that, and this is just going to be another one of those and so I have a right to post this” kinda reply because that’s all anyone ever says when someone makes a reply like mine. Try to have some optimism. Thanks.

Cush

Well the obvious solution to that would be for you to not make yet another post like this then, wouldn’t (silly word censor here) it. If you think this thread is all a load of ____ then just leave. Seriously. (saying seriously makes it more serious).

Could you imagine a world where no one ever complained about anything? Really think about that for a while. Seriously. Think how much more large corporations would extort us and how many less rights we would have today if no one ever complained or let the higher-ups know how we felt.

Not everyone has to live their lives with the same philosophical values as you do.

Thanks. (you can see my username on the left-hand side so I wont bother signing my post)

(edited by tomlin.8204)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its cliched and confused and Scarlet is a clear Villain Sue and immensely annoying as well.

I don’t grind I hardly do any of the content but there hasn’t been much to the content apart from an achievement grind.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

let me lead in with this interview:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

this interview seems to indicate some great things are coming, not least of which are a slowed-down schedule for content releases. world-changing events. and so on and so on.

i’ve hit a point where, for me, i’m burned out. i’m not burned out in the lore, or the story. i’m not burned out on the graphics, or the gameplay/combat, or the idea behind gw2. nor am i burned out on exploration of professions; to date, i have 14 characters, so i’ve rolled two of lots — two warriors, two engineers, two thieves … you get the picture.

what i am burned out on is the meta-achievements, and the having to chase things, every two weeks. i get that that schedule’s slowed down. i also get that i don’t “have” to chase the achievements … but you may not get that i’m a completionist, and stricken with a little bit of ocd. so for me, the constant updates to the content, and the meta achievements, combined with the gear drops for increasing amounts of achievement points, have really done it for me.

this game, which i loved, loved, loved, has become a different type of grind for me. and this voice in my head says to me, “if you’re going to grind, why not go back to grinding gear, and the healing and tanking you loved so well?”

i can’t ignore that voice these days. i’ve had the joy and privilege of playing in the eso beta, and i’ve found some things interesting. there are mechanics i don’t like, i don’t like the graphics in that world as well as gw2, i don’t like the chargen as well … but i find myself missing playing in it, because i wish to continue the story, and i have MISSED healing.

i think, what it comes down to for a goodly portion of us is, if you’re going to offer these completionists, like me, the grind, then why would i not go grind where i can heal? and i can tank?

what’s the catch?

i’m eagerly anticipating seeing the outcome of the things you guys list in the above-mentioned interview, i really am. i want to get back to playing my characters, and not feeling that everything’s a grind, grind grind. i am, currently, jaded, but not so far i don’t hold out hope.

it is my sincere wish that hope isn’t misplaced.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I just can’t get excited for another giant Wurm, or another giant clockwork (not that it breaks immersion or anything). I really hope they come through with something better in March.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I’m looking forward to new meta events, & the Wurn thing sounds like it could be cool. The fact that the model is recycled is super lame & takes a lot away from what this could have been.

As for the story, the more serious & dramatic & epic they try to be with Scarlet the more laughable her whole arc becomes. Her character should never have been more than a side kick to a meta boss.
The cracks that show in the inappropriate merging of a hip cartoon jokester & an omniscient mastermind get bigger & bigger the more they emphasize one aspect or the other & try to keep them all together. Awful.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Cush

Well the obvious solution to that would be for you to not make yet another post like this then, wouldn’t (silly word censor here) it. If you think this thread is all a load of ____ then just leave. Seriously. (saying seriously makes it more serious).

Could you imagine a world where no one ever complained about anything? Really think about that for a while. Seriously. Think how much more large corporations would extort us and how many less rights we would have today if no one ever complained or let the higher-ups know how we felt.

Not everyone has to live their lives with the same philosophical values as you do.

Thanks. (you can see my username on the left-hand side so I wont bother signing my post)

You’re argument doesn’t make sense because the content isn’t even out yet so you can’t even criticize it. Now if the content was out and you made a thread about what you didn’t like and about Anet disappointing you then it would completely make sense but the fact that he and you is saying that whatever they come out with is kitten when you don’t even know what it is makes no contribution at all and doesn’t affect anything but other people’s optimism which just isn’t good for anything. Make sense? Thanks.

Cush

(love seeing someone trying to critisize how someone types a post to help promote their argument, LOL) Thanks.

Cush….again OH, and my username is on the left of the screen too except it has some numbers after it

NewTrain.7549

Cush

You’re argument doesn’t make sense because the content isn’t even out yet so you can’t even criticize it. Now if the content was out and you made a thread about what you didn’t like and about Anet disappointing you then it would completely make sense but the fact that he and you is saying that whatever they come out with is kitten when you don’t even know what it is makes no contribution at all and doesn’t affect anything but other people’s optimism which just isn’t good for anything. Make sense? Thanks.

Cush

(love seeing someone trying to critisize how someone types a post to help promote their argument, LOL) Thanks.

Cush….again OH, and my username is on the left of the screen too except it has some numbers after it

One of the criticisms is a recycled model. The content doesn’t have to be released yet for that to be a valid criticism. Your point isn’t meritorious.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

FoW was okay to do once or twice. UW was probably a bit better. Those who ran it for years were the exception, not the rule. A tiny portion of the playerbase, standing around in the Temple of Ages, spamming for the new meta build that people could speed run it with.

Yawn.

While I do wish there was content for you, Anet knows how many people actually did that kind of thing. I’m guessing it wasn’t a popular as some people assume.

FOW and UW was played more actively than any other GW1 PvE content, that’s a fact, I still remember 6 districts at ToA.
It wasn’t just a small minority of the player base.
And even if you copy pasted the meta build for running Speed Clear, that didn’t grant you success alone. Bad players still failed countless of teams because of being terrible.

Why GW2 is avoiding elite/hardcore instances? Because they’re hypocrites and are still trying to convince people that GW2 is “different” from other MMOs when it’s clearly not.

(edited by Nick.6972)

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

If there’s no purpose to anything you do here, then obviously this game doesn’t synchronize with your personal taste.

But I want it to! As I said I love the atmosphere and there’s so many cute and delightful things about the game that I appreciate, unfortunately they are all activities I have done before and don’t really see any point to do them again. I guess the game is now for me like listening to music, but with interactive colours.

Maybe you are just spending too much time in game. Take some time to find new interests. Do something you enjoy a bit in game when you can. Don’t be too serious. You don’t need to pay them to play it. When they finally produce something you find worthwhile then come back. If you want to facilitate that progress, start a thread in this forum or join the CDI and try to get your ideas in.

If you want dragons or new zones, then just wait, have patience. We know they are coming. If you want something else please do join the cdi discussions.

Other than that it’s all waiting. Life’s too short to complain about a game not doing it for you. Especially this game. You are way better off telling them what you want, get people to agree, and wait, doing something else while waiting.

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

Yawn.

FOW and UW was played more actively than any other GW1 PvE content, that’s a fact, I still remember 6 districts at ToA.
It wasn’t just a small minority of the player base.
And even if you copy pasted the meta build for running Speed Clear, that didn’t grant you success alone. Bad players still failed countless of teams because of being terrible.

Why GW2 is avoiding elite/hardcore instances? Because they’re hypocrites and are still trying to convince people that GW2 is “different” from other MMOs when it’s clearly not.

ANet tried to add hardcore content and you can see what that netted them. Gw2 has got a very different playerbase than gw1. It’s much larger and most people hasn’t tried gw1 before. If you want hardcore content then pvp, fotm and arah p4 is the hardcore stuff. If that doesn’t suit your taste or isn’t hardcore enough then im afraid you’d have to gather a larger following who comes with ideas on hardcore content in the forums. If ANet is only catering to a few individuals then its not going to be high on the priority list. You need to show that you are many.

Vayne.8563

It is sad to see how easily satsified the masses are. Truly.

This is a truly judgmental comment. What you’re saying is you’re better than the masses somehow, because you like something and other people like something else.