New salvage kit

New salvage kit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Is this a typo and it will recover upgrades- at least some chance? What kit is it equal to -basic? For 10 bucks the description is really lacking some clarification would be great. I would hope that is better than a basic salvage kit for the price!

New salvage kit

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This item is account bound and costs 800 gems to purchase. It costs 3 copper per salvage and does (not – sorry I don’t know how to put lines through words) recover any upgrades from armor and weapons (it does recover upgrades, the gemstore description is wrong). . 10% chance to recover rare crafting mats and 20% chance to recover upgrades.

gw2-copper-fed-salvage-o-matic

source: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/13/gw2-copper-fed-salvage-o-matic-unlimited-salvage-kit-in-the-gemstore/

New salvage kit

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Hmm ok well guess I will pass then. Why would they make it such a crappy kit?

New salvage kit

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

What a UTTER WASTE!

Why would anyone buy this?

New salvage kit

Posted by: nicoper.3215

nicoper.3215

Looks like i need some more gems

This signature is awesome!

New salvage kit

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Between this and the bucket-of-poop bday gifts, this update is shaping up pretty badly…

New salvage kit

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Since this is a device, if it had settings, from Basic to Fine etc., with the cost scaling accordingly, then it might be worth it. No more trips to the bank or finding a vendor to get what you need.

You would pay for what you want as you want it. Convenient.

This prototype lacks features, but is a step in the right direction for such devices.

Edit: For basic salvage purposes, about the only great benefit is a savings in inventory space. I often carry several salvage kits with me when I go adventuring. The cost per salvaged piece remains about the same.

Re-edit: Upgrade this to have the capability of 100% recovery by using gems (scaled accordingly, comparable to a Black Lion Salvage Kit) and this would be the ultimate in convenience, as long as one has gems on hand.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

New salvage kit

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Since this is a device, if it had settings, from Basic to Fine etc., with the cost scaling accordingly, then it might be worth it. No more trips to the bank or finding a vendor to get what you need.

This prototype lacks features, but is a step in the right direction for such devices.

Edit: For basic salvage purposes, about the only great benefit is a savings in inventory space. I often carry several salvage kits with me when I go adventuring. The cost per salvaged piece remains about the same.

Re-edit: Upgrade this to have the capability of 100% recovery by using gems (scaled accordingly, comparable to a Black Lion Salvage Kit) and this would be the ultimate in convenience, as long as one has gems on hand.

That would have made it a good buy, if we could adjust its settings (and it adjusts the cost per use). Not sure I want to spend the gems on that. I think I’d rather just carry around the normal kits.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

New salvage kit

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Really I felt like the reason to get the unlimited gathering tools was for the animations and the convenience, not the cost-effectiveness. But since this salvage kit can’t be animated, then that only leaves convenience, and it’s clearly not worth it being only a basic kit.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Really I felt like the reason to get the unlimited gathering tools was for the animations and the convenience, not the cost-effectiveness. But since this salvage kit can’t be animated, then that only leaves convenience, and it’s clearly not worth it being only a basic kit.

BUT IT TALKS!

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

New salvage kit

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its realty good for wvw players who need space and its a good cost saver in the long run.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

New salvage kit

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Its realty good for wvw players who need space and its a good cost saver in the long run.

Yes, yes it is… but if you want to save money in the long-run, you should buy Crude Salvage Kits as they are 2.1333_c per use, which will save you a lot more than what this one will save you.

Additionally, at the rate of 500 salvages per week, it will take you 21 years of salvaging to break even (with the Copper Salvage Kit).

Crude Salvage Kits have, and will, always be[en] the best at cost-effectiveness. It’s just a matter of sacrificing all that extra inventory space.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

so again we have the arenatonisation
a conversation in a net dev team
-guys lets make never ending salvage kid ! the axe, pickax and the sickle were very popular
-YES SIR !
-but don’t make it good, make it crappy like basic salvage kid
-YES SIR !
-and make it consume something amm copper ore :P
-but sir then it is not never ending : (
-YOU ARE FIRED !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

New salvage kit

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yeah I don’t know why anyone would buy this. The basic kit cost you 3.52c per use. Copper is currently going for 20c. So unless you get something back worth more then 60c you’re losing money on every use.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Hmm ok well guess I will pass then. Why would they make it such a crappy kit?

Because, unfortunate as it is, people will buy it.

There are tens of thousands of users in GW2 who are ruining this game for the rest of us because they can’t make good decisions when buying gems.
The perma-gathering tools were a stretch, but some of the other items that people are buying are just insane. Yet Arenanet is making thousands of dollars off of them.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

New salvage kit

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

the only thing i hate is the voice.. if it doesn’t have such annoying voice, i might be interested…

New salvage kit

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Guys… 3 coppers means 3¢, not 3 copper ore. Just look at the tooltip on the screen shot…

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

New salvage kit

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Guys… 3 coppers means 3¢, not 3 copper ore. Just look at the tooltip on the screen shot…

Well don’t I look like a horsesbutt. I think they should add pieces after the copper cause I can’t be the only one that thought they were talking about ore.

I still don’t know if I’d pick on up tho. If it was 25% and 80% like the master/mystic kit it would be a different story

New salvage kit

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Honestly I should get this thing just to kitten some of you guys off. For me it would be both a time and in-game money saver because I salvage anything masterwork and under with basic salvage kits, and this would save me the trouble of buying new kits over and over and over again. Assuming I get the gems in time, I will be getting one specifically for that reason.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

New salvage kit

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

It’s meant as an inventory space cleaner. The idea is that it takes up one inventory space, lasts forever, and can clear out all the junk in your inventory. It’s a great convenience item.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Well don’t I look like a horsesbutt. I think they should add pieces after the copper cause I can’t be the only one that thought they were talking about ore.

You mean like… how it already is implemented in the description…?

Attachments:

New salvage kit

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

This man is going places. I like the idea of it having different settings.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

New salvage kit

Svetli.4276

i use basic salvage kit
i use 3-4 stacks per day
1 stack cost 88 copper (not ore)
this kit cost 25 gold
how many years i must play before i brake even ?

New salvage kit

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

i use basic salvage kit
i use 3-4 stacks per day
this kit cost 25 gold

Superquote to this. Only a very lazy person (like those who open Trading post at 3 meters from the NPC one) could buy it. There is no reason to do it. Just buy 3-4 Basic Salvage kits instead of 1 per time and use them when your inventory is full. Problem solved. Also I’d like to know a person that will want to lost 25g for that item +3copper each use. If someone bought it, could explain to us WHY you did?

New salvage kit

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

That voice thing actually makes it interesting…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I buy fine salvage kits with karma from the charr cultural weaponsmith. To anyone with a respectable amount of karma they are essentially free (unless you buy orrian boxes,) and pay for themselves by getting you slightly more than a crude kit would.

They are better than basic salvage kits and can be used 25 times instead of the 15 from crude kits which saves me space.

That infinite kit sounds like complete trash by comparison, this coming from a guy who owns all 3 infinite harvesting tools.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

That voice thing actually makes it interesting…

From that video clip, I think the voice is grating and the dialogue doesn’t fit.

And I’m often one that appreciates a trolly annoying downside to my implements like the Bane gun from Borderlands 2 if it does a good job. A basic salvage kit isn’t particularly impressive.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

New salvage kit

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This item is account bound and costs 800 gems to purchase. It costs 3 copper per salvage and does (not – sorry I don’t know how to put lines through words) recover any upgrades from armor and weapons (it does recover upgrades, the gemstore description is wrong). . 10% chance to recover rare crafting mats and 20% chance to recover upgrades.

gw2-copper-fed-salvage-o-matic

source: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/13/gw2-copper-fed-salvage-o-matic-unlimited-salvage-kit-in-the-gemstore/

Sweet jesus they’re selling this for ten bucks? wow

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

This is a better deal than RNG chest.

New salvage kit

Svetli.4276

i use basic salvage kit
i use 3-4 stacks per day
this kit cost 25 gold

Superquote to this. Only a very lazy person (like those who open Trading post at 3 meters from the NPC one) could buy it. There is no reason to do it. Just buy 3-4 Basic Salvage kits instead of 1 per time and use them when your inventory is full. Problem solved. Also I’d like to know a person that will want to lost 25g for that item +3copper each use. If someone bought it, could explain to us WHY you did?

for money
for 10 who will not buy it there will be 5 who will
gems get to 23 for 1 g >_> and that voice is just so annoying more then the horn and the flute

New salvage kit

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This has been brought up in other threads as well. But the bottom line on this is simple for me. If it was of Master’s Kit quality, I would have bought it in a heart beat for the convenience. I have a full set of the unlimited gathering tools, however had they been of iron quality (equivalent of basic salvage kit) then I would have never considered buying them.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

i use basic salvage kit
i use 3-4 stacks per day
this kit cost 25 gold

71023 salvages

around 710 days :P

New salvage kit

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

This is a better deal than RNG chest.

Isn’t salvaging with a chance of better materials essentially RNG?

New salvage kit

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

it would be more than worth it if it was as good as black lion, but I did not expect that. It would have been worth it if it was as good as masters. But doesn’t recover sigils and runes? Most definitely not worth it.

New salvage kit

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

At least this game has the opposite problem that most cash stop games have, underwhelming items. Everyone clamouring to buff these items is probably good sign that the game still isn’t P2W.

New salvage kit

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

i use basic salvage kit
i use 3-4 stacks per day
this kit cost 25 gold

71023 salvages

around 710 days :P

How did you arrive at that? This is what I figured:

Each use of basic salvage kit is 3.5 copper pieces
Each use of copper fed…blah is 3 copper pieces
.5 copper savings per use
1 silver = 100 copper
1 gold = 100 silver
25 gold =250,000 copper
to save 25 gold is 500,000 uses
4 salvage kits would be 100 uses per day
5,000 days

unless I futzed something up

also basic salvage kits are only 77 karma

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_kit

New salvage kit

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I think they actually nailed it with this kit. Personally I salvage basic salvageable stacks through blues with the basic kit, vendor greens, and use mystic on rares. If I were to salvage an exotic rather than sell it and it had a divinity rune or something I’d use the BLTC kit for it.

This kit will pay for itself over time, but only after several hundred thousands of uses. It doesn’t make sense to buy this based upon financial returns. What you are buying here is the convenience of not having to manage inventory (and space) for salvage kits. As such, and just like the unlimited use tools, the convenience is huge. I love this kit!

New salvage kit

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I thought they were talking about copper ore as well. lol I thought, great, I save space with the salvage o-matic, but I have to lug around stacks of copper ore?? WTF?!

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

New salvage kit

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

The gathering tools and this salvage kit were never made so you could break even I love how people say this over and over. Its not about how many times till you get your moneys worth. It is and always will be about convenience. You have to decide if it is worth it to you. If not, well then no reason to complain about it. That’s just my take on it.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

New salvage kit

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

According to dulfy:

Crude salvage kit – 32 copper/15 uses = 2.13 copper per salvage but have 0% chance to salvage rare materials.

Basic salvage kit – 88 copper/25 uses = 3.52 copper per salvage. Same chance to recover rare materials but also 20% chance to give back upgrade components.

Also keep in mind that Basic Salvage kits can be purchased for 77 karma each from a renowned heart NPC in Brisban Wildlands next to the Triforge Point Waypoint – [&BGQAAAA=]

Even if you have the cash in your pocket and forget about the 25g → gem conversion, it just doesn’t seem worth it. A neverending crap quality salvage kit that saves you barely anything per use. And with the 77karma kits available…I dunno. If you’re a salvage kitten then maybe it’s worth it.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

New salvage kit

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

The gathering tools and this salvage kit were never made so you could break even I love how people say this over and over. Its not about how many times till you get your moneys worth. It is and always will be about convenience. You have to decide if it is worth it to you. If not, well then no reason to complain about it. That’s just my take on it.

Gathering Tools Saving: 8 copper per use, or 650 stacks
Gathering Tool Other: Doesn’t use an inventory slot, Cool Animation, Highest Level Kit, No Cost to use, Soulbound

Salvage-o-matic Saving: .5 copper per use, or 20,000 stacks
Salvage-o-matic Other: Uses an inventory slot, Voice, Lowest Level Kit, Costs to use, Accountbound

So I’m trading kit level, cost, cool factor, and an inventory slot for accountbound rather than soulbound…hmmmmm….no thanks.