New skills and traits ETA?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

A few months back, I saw a video of someone from Anet (Colin maybe?) saying that they were going to start introducing new skills and traits for all the professions.

So when is this supposed to happen? Has it already started and I just missed it?

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

When its ready!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

This thread is all about an incoming revamp/balance of skills that is coming out on Oct. 15. It’s possible they might include new skills along with the the changes.

No, there won’t be any new skills in that update.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

“We want to make sure we release a good product bug free and amazing, therefore; when its ready "

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

New skills, traits, weapons will be revealed about the time EQN is announced to launch. Probably this time next year.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Before the end of time for sure.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Before the end of the year. Unless they feel like breaking their promise.

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Unless they feel like breaking their promise.

Which they’ve yet to do, right?

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

“We want to make sure we release a good product bug free and amazing, therefore; when its ready "

Since when was that ever true?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i want new weapons, not worthless new traits no1 will use 1h after they’re released because as always they’ll be bugged for 6 months or plain worthless

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

When its ready!

Given the state of certain aspects of the game more than a year after launch, that’s frightening.

Posted by: xdjinn.4071

xdjinn.4071

This thread is all about an incoming revamp/balance of skills that is coming out on Oct. 15. It’s possible they might include new skills along with the the changes.

the way things are I would bet the new skills are only coming when GW3’s out

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I love how the vaguest statement of intent is automatically rendered a “promise” in the minds of players.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

xdjinn.4071

I love how the vaguest statement of intent is automatically rendered a “promise” in the minds of players.

that’s why I’ve said “when GW3 comes out”

This sequel is so boring compared to GW1, it’s also a greedy fishing net, instead of a game in my eyes, I’ve being away for some time cuz I just wanted a server transfer, and guess what, if I do buy gems for that I’ll be forced to spend 35 bucks, I’m rather buy new better games, srsly… I face GW2 as a waste of money til they make this game more like GW1, if not, it’ll be a waste of money forever

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you’re not enjoying it, for pity’s sake, DON’T PLAY.

Its a buy-to-play box. Check it out again in 5 months if you’re curious. Maybe after ESO no longer exists in that magical dream state of ‘potential’ and actually has to deliver the goods or die. Plenty of other ways to pass the time.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

when people stop throwing hissy fits?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Logically, it’ll be a few weeks after the balance patch, so they can see how to balance the new skills and traits around the current set.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

i hope they dont just revamp stuff, but add new skill aswell, totally “NEW”.
add more variety and bring back player

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

They said it will be this year, at least it was in post about gw2 in 2013:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Lots things from there is in game already, what still miss is new skills and traits and new legendary weapons and legendary gear and way to get precursor.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

LOL. Because that’s the way it has been so far in this game, right?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

When its ready!

Given the state of certain aspects of the game more than a year after launch, that’s frightening.

I think that saying is an older one from GW1 it was the main thing they said over and over even if it was coming out soon. I wish Anet would use it more but it seems to be too hard for some ppl to take that things take time to be added in so they can no longer use it or you will have ppl such as your self saying doom behind a phrase that is more means of a “troll” then “its the end of the world.”

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

When its ready!

I think that saying is an older one from GW1 it was the main thing they said over and over even if it was coming out soon. I wish Anet would use it more but it seems to be too hard for some ppl to take that things take time to be added in so they can no longer use it or you will have ppl such as your self saying doom behind a phrase that is more means of a “troll” then “its the end of the world.”

Your argument would make more sense if there was any evidence that ANet had been working on some of the major deficiencies that have been in this game since launch instead of springing things on us that we never asked for and in many cases don’t even want. This has been especially the case in WvW, but it holds for other areas of the game as well.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

When its ready!

Actually, the statement was the mantra about GW2, not 1. It was trotted out for years when people asked when GW2 would launch. However, the game launched with many aspects of it not in a ready state, some of which persist. Since the best indicator of future performance is past performance, if ANet used “When it’s ready.” for a skills update, I would expect the same.

None of that is trolling, doom or end of the world. The game is not doomed because some features were broken at launch and still are. It is cynicism, but that is not the same thing.

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

They said it will be this year, at least it was in post about gw2 in 2013:

Lots things from there is in game already, what still miss is new skills and traits and new legendary weapons and legendary gear and way to get precursor.

Hey thanks for the link. So at least if everything goes through as planned we will start seeing them before the end of this year. /cheer

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

My first cynical guess would be that new skills & traits will come when they figure out how to monetize them.

My second cynical guess would be that new skills & traits will ‘just happen’ to come alongside of another games release / expansion

My third guess would be the last update in December or the first update in January so that they can observe the fallout from the skill & trait changes coming in the October 15th update, giving them some time to try and get the new skills & traits in line with how things will be rather than with the exisisting ones.

(edited by XarOneZeroNine.2374)

xdjinn.4071

idk, I’ve being spending money on better games, sometimes 35 bucks can buy a little bundle of games at steam sales, and not just any screwed up indy stuff, u can actually acquire some awesome and fun games…

While GW1 was ultimate, it simply had no competition, they’ve dumbed this one down to the level of f2p mmos that are not fun at all, and are quite saturated in the market, I would gladly praise Anet if they had kept to their word and left gw2 as a gw1 sequel, not an entirely different game in the same setup…

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well it was in his “things we’re working on for the second part of 2013” post so it’s hardly a vague statement of intent.

Based on that I would say before the end of the year we’ll see the first of these new skills and traits.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Catch is, they will be somehow time-gated.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Anet have of course mentioned that they will be adding new skills in the article about what’s coming in 2013. I’d imagine that if things go according to plan we’ll start seeing some new skills around christmas.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

It will be time gated i guess.You must log in and spent some 1100 hours to unlock a specific skill.Each skill cost 1100 hours of playing time to unlock.That way arena net will get more people logging in and good concurrency figure