New (sort of) and thinking about starting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Try it out and see you lose nothign but time if you don’t like it. =) I personalyl love this game and Its casual enough I can play otehr titles. Has enough content (for me personally) to no life it when I get the chance.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This game is perfect for casual players. You can set small goals and get things done almost constantly for a very long time. Eventually, however, onceyou’ve done all the easy stuff to do, you’re going to have to do things that take longer….and progress will be slower…but you can always make some progress. It’s just reaching your goals as you play more will take longer.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

stop and think about this.

Attachments:

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

At this stage I’d say GW2 is looking good enough for you for something pretty casual. You aren’t going to miss out on anything but the amount of achievement points you’d get for doing the dailies.

Endgame is very subjective around here and I don’t think anyone will truly be able to answer this until you say what you may expect from “endgame”. For the record, my endgame is rolling new characters, though I might stop that since I’m running out of space. WvW is fun but I don’t do it enough, and I haven’t done any PvP.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Alright thanks. Seems like it leans more on the casual side which is good, would I be rewarded if I wanted to spend a whole day screwin’ around on GW2 though once in a while?

It leans so far on the casual side it almost falls over! (and according to some people it has…)

And what do you consider a days worth of reward? You’ll have to figure that out when you get there, I think.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Hello to everyone at GW2!

I’m new to this game, even though I have purchased the Deluxe edition before it released… for whatever reason I literally never got past level 20 as I was swept up in the hysteria of many other titles and real life things over the last couple of years. I am interested to actually start up and have the game downloading right now.

I am looking for something casual that I can enjoy without NEEDING to log in every single day for hours at a time, but also being ABLE to do so and feeling like time spent in the game (if I feel like spending a few hours) is rewarded.

I am curious about the state of endgame PvE and PvP (big on both), I do know that for a new player the leveling experience is great as is the world (art is fantastic) and the whole deal with exploration and freedom.

How is GW2 looking for me?

End game is grinding, PvP… Well if you enjoy PvPE you will enjoy SPvP. WvW is close to dead at this point.

All in all, its a game to waste time on with A LOT of grinding.

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Hello to everyone at GW2!

I’m new to this game, even though I have purchased the Deluxe edition before it released… for whatever reason I literally never got past level 20 as I was swept up in the hysteria of many other titles and real life things over the last couple of years. I am interested to actually start up and have the game downloading right now.

I am looking for something casual that I can enjoy without NEEDING to log in every single day for hours at a time, but also being ABLE to do so and feeling like time spent in the game (if I feel like spending a few hours) is rewarded.

I am curious about the state of endgame PvE and PvP (big on both), I do know that for a new player the leveling experience is great as is the world (art is fantastic) and the whole deal with exploration and freedom.

How is GW2 looking for me?

End game is grinding, PvP… Well if you enjoy PvPE you will enjoy SPvP. WvW is close to dead at this point.

All in all, its a game to waste time on with A LOT of grinding.

Judging by your last sentence, sounds like just about any MMO except with it’s own GW2 twist and the ability to be casual, which is nice for me. That and no monthly…

The introduction of ascended gear really opened up the grindfest for GW2, but like you said no sub fee!

Me personally take breaks often and log to see if anything has changed (PvE and SPvP a lot. Nothing changed in WvW)

Also, people level in EoTM these days which is just one massive karma/gold/exp/wxp train.