New spec system coming next update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

im confused. It says the next content update will feature lions arch changes, and under that it announces specialization update is coming. Is this a “its coming, who knows when” or does it mean its coming with the next update??? These are the things I need to know

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m pretty sure they’re saying it’s coming with the next update! I was just on my way in to post about it when I saw this thread!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It is coming next update, but we can’t say for sure when the next update will be.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I asked magic eight ball twice to make sure. The answers it gave were; “Yes” and “As I see it, yes.”

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

‘Stay tuned for more information on what you’ll find in the next update!’ This being info on the next update, we can assume that the spec changes are coming as well.

Hopefully this is in the next 2 weeks, it’s going to revitalize the game a fair amount for me and hopefully many others.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Magic Eight Ball has spoken. Heed it’s word.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

They say next content update.
I would be very surprised if it comes before the WTS final(in August) since it will completely alter the current balance and meta.
This means it is still quite faraway.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would be very surprised if it comes before the WTS final(in August) since it will completely alter the current balance and meta.

Why would they start advertise it this early if it is still almost three months away though? It is not an expansion after all, but rather just an update. Which they wanted to launch before HoT for a reason.

And after WTS there will be another tournament that would be effected and so on.

If they release it on the 26th, that means there are like 2 months or something for people to prepare and adjust before WTS final.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Nope, it could definitely be in the next week or so. It would give players plenty of time to adjust and adapt to the changes before the tournament in August. It’s really possible we’ll see it sooner rather than later.

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Had same question myself. Is “next content update” next Tuesday’s update or some other to be determined date?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I could see this coming right before E3 so they have things to show off there. Though I’m reining myself in on E3 expectations since they don’t have anything akin to the PAXSouth announcement that I know of, ie, no premium block of time on a main stage. Just a bare listing that they’ll be there.

Posted by: algrad.4179

algrad.4179

“Will Lion’s Arch come back soon?” Magic Height Ball answers “Cannot predict now”.

Even Magic Height Ball uses ANet’s “When it’s ready” :p

(edited by algrad.4179)

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I would hope they don’t delay content for something most of the player base isn’t going to participate in.

Who knows though, just call me surprised if they do.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Well lets see the last content patches (as I see them)

May 19th LA rebuild

April 28th beta drops, turret nerf

March 16 camera settings, tons of changes, etc

Feb 10 lunar new year, dragon ball arena etc

So about once a month. If I was to guess, I’d say between the 19-28th of this month.

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Yep, Anet just has a tendency to give out the real news in all the wrong places. I suppose this time it’s at least on their website, even if it’s titled wrong.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

ok time to start the hype train

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This is my thinking too. They specifically added the word content. If it was just next update it would just said that. We have no idea when the next content update will be. We could get several updates like we got today before we get a content update.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

lordkrall.7241

This is my thinking too. They specifically added the word content. If it was just next update it would just said that. We have no idea when the next content update will be. We could get several updates like we got today before we get a content update.

Indeed.
But on the other hand it could also be to “protect” themselves from people raging about not adding it in via potential hotfixes needed after todays update.

It does however make sense to release it within a month due to the WTS final. If they do not they will basically need to wait until after WTS which is the end of August, and it is rather likely that they are giving us the changes to traits before HoT in order to make sure the system is stable before they launch the Elite Specializations with HoT.

So not giving us that until end of August would probably suggest that they have no plans to release the expansion until late fall which seems unlikely.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Indeed.
But on the other hand it could also be to “protect” themselves from people raging about not adding it in via potential hotfixes needed after todays update.

It does however make sense to release it within a month due to the WTS final. If they do not they will basically need to wait until after WTS which is the end of August, and it is rather likely that they are giving us the changes to traits before HoT in order to make sure the system is stable before they launch the Elite Specializations with HoT.

So not giving us that until end of August would probably suggest that they have no plans to release the expansion until late fall which seems unlikely.

Problem is we don’t know their planned release window. They could have always planned for fall as the release window. Its been us players that kept placing the release before the end of summer.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

lordkrall.7241

Problem is we don’t know their planned release window. They could have always planned for fall as the release window. Its been us players that kept placing the release before the end of summer.

Of course. But based on the information flow and compared to the information flow at this point during 2012, it seems rather likely that they are planning a release in the same general time of the year.

There was also this comment made by one of the marketing people last weekend (or the weekend before) that mentioned that they were planning on launching the expansion “this summer”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I always thought that the new spec system would be released once we know all the elite specs so we can better choose the skills/traits we want for our builds in anticipation for HoT. But anyway still great news!

Although the new spec system is not “content” it will be a great addition to the game.

Posted by: Darkwolfer.7819

Darkwolfer.7819

I’m glad they announced this. I feel this may restore some faith… but I think they need a date. Likely at E3 announcement.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

@ Mad

I think changing specs is too easy to do for that to matter much.

As to when core specs are coming… it is ANet policy to withhold announcements until there is a sure thing. Virtually every announcement about coming updates has been a week to two weeks ahead of time. I don’t expect that to change.

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

August would be too late.
If they want people to adapt new specs quickly for WTS final, they should release the update ASAP so people have more times to adjust.
2 months is LONG PREPARATION TIME.

Also, the current “balance” is horrendous. If they want a fair WTS finale, they need to launch the “real balance” asap so celestial spec, zerk mesmer/thief/ guardian won’t dominate the whole pvp scene once again.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

ooo….

Personal Story Restoration, too?

/crosses fingers /knocks on wood /play it again Sam

PS: please tell us more about the engineer changes that have changed since the original announcement? and also about the engineer changes that were all TBD during that announcement?

PPS: does “Next Update” mean 23 June, 2015?

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It means the next content update. That could be tomorrow, or next week, or two weeks away on the 23rd, or a month off.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It will be at the typical time of any GW2 update: Which is “When it’s ready.” :/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Ok throwing a prediction into the ring. This update will be 07/21. Unless they start to do 2 reveals a week then I would say 07/07. I don’t think they would release the week before 07/04 since they might have staff heading out for vacation which means if its not in next week then it will probably be after the holiday. Unless they are going to skip the rest of the reveals which would give the marketing team grey hair if they did. Hope I am wrong and it is next week mind you.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This is Anet’s way of playing it safe. In case it’s not ready, they can always say they never said it was going to be released with the L.A. update.

Toxsa.2701

Ok throwing a prediction into the ring. This update will be 07/21. Unless they start to do 2 reveals a week then I would say 07/07. I don’t think they would release the week before 07/04 since they might have staff heading out for vacation which means if its not in next week then it will probably be after the holiday. Unless they are going to skip the rest of the reveals which would give the marketing team grey hair if they did. Hope I am wrong and it is next week mind you.

Point is Elite Specialization has nothing to do with trait revamp.
Elite Specialization is bound to HoT.

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

This isn’t attached to the elite specialization reveals, this is just the new specialization system and the 5 core specializations (current trait lines) so there is no reason to wait for the rest of the elite specializations to be revealed

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

If the PvP tourney was an issue, they could always host those matches on a separate server using the current pre-spec system. Not a big concern, there.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

When I read it on the news, it sounded like it was coming in the next update.

However, it’s possible they may have simply phrased it in a bad way.

I’d actually be very surprised if it came out in the next update. We’ve only seen one work-in-progress view of it. In particular, the engineer specializations were only half-complete, at best. I find it highly doubtful they’d release such a massive change like that without the desire to get a lot of preliminary feedback.

It’s possible in the next few days we’ll be getting more information on the finalized specializations. Perhaps on the Ready Up stream on Friday they will go over it.

Also, “next update” does not necessarily mean “next week”, although it was kind of phrased like that was the case. For all we know, it could be next month. If they push out the engineer changes without at least getting proper feedback on them, I’d be a bit shocked.

Toxsa.2701

When I read it on the news, it sounded like it was coming in the next update.

However, it’s possible they may have simply phrased it in a bad way.

I’d actually be very surprised if it came out in the next update. We’ve only seen one work-in-progress view of it. In particular, the engineer specializations were only half-complete, at best. I find it highly doubtful they’d release such a massive change like that without the desire to get a lot of preliminary feedback.

It’s possible in the next few days we’ll be getting more information on the finalized specializations. Perhaps on the Ready Up stream on Friday they will go over it.

Also, “next update” does not necessarily mean “next week”, although it was kind of phrased like that was the case. For all we know, it could be next month. If they push out the engineer changes without at least getting proper feedback on them, I’d be a bit shocked.

They didn’t give feedback before they destroy spirit ranger, beastmaster ranger, and turret engineer. They just do it right away.
Don’t know why they suddenly need to concern about feedback.

Guhracie.3419

I’m with Toxsa on this. Anet is notorious for making major changes after getting very broad strokes of feedback. (Just because I’m optimistic that it’s coming in the next update doesn’t mean I’m not me anymore.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

2-4 weeks from now is a good guess, since a good bit of the team will most likely be at e3. Late this month, or early next month.

Proud TTS member

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

/laugh track

The incoming trait change has already seen way more exposure than the last trait change.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

07/21 would be super inconvenient time for WTS final. There could be some crazy imbalance in the new specializations and completely ruin their esports event.

It really has to be either within June to give some time for balance tweaks or after WTS final. Another possibility is obviously that LA patch comes first and specialization changes come right after WTS final.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

07/21 would be super inconvenient time for WTS final. There could be some crazy imbalance in the new specializations and completely ruin their esports event.

It really has to be either within June to give some time for balance tweaks or after WTS final. Another possibility is obviously that LA patch comes first and specialization changes come right after WTS final.

The article said this patch was coming soon. It would be completely illogical for them to say soon, but really mean 6 or more weeks away.

I predict that it will be 2 weeks away at the worst.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It would be completely illogical for them to say soon, but really mean 6 or more weeks away.

Are you serious?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

The new core spec system can’t come soon enough! It will be fun to play around with the new traits, and if they’re doing away with the awful trait-hunting requirements then I can finally play my alts again!

Guhracie.3419

The new core spec system can’t come soon enough! It will be fun to play around with the new traits, and if they’re doing away with the awful trait-hunting requirements then I can finally play my alts again!

Yes, they are! It sounds like you’ll have to do 65 of the skill challenges to unlock everything, but that’s way better than what we’ve got now, in my opinion.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

When matters.

Basically; A percentage of people who move on to other games due to a perceived content drought , will not return.

IMHO, The sooner they introduce something for people to play around with, the better the chance of keeping players.

I would like to guess that Anet is aware, awake and capable of making decent decisions. My guess is that the trait changes will arrive……

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

On one hand it’s possible they would wait with dropping this until after the WTS, on the other hand it’s pretty possible that they implement it before and give the WTS teams time to prepare. I’d prefer the latter to be honest.

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

The only things that we can say that are likely slated very soon is the LA rebuild and/or PS update. Everything else, especially Specializations update, Trait overhaul, the Heart of Thorns expansion, is still ways off one way or another. They are very big changes to the game, and they require time… time we have definitely not achieved, imo.

We’ve only seen three specs so far(Mesmer(Chronomancer), Guardian(Dragonhunter), Neecromancer(Reaper)), aware of the names of two more(Ranger(Druid) and Elementalist(Tempest)), and the remaining three are still shrouded in mystery(Warrior, Thief, and Engineer), both literally and thematically. I don’t see these changes coming any time soon to be honest. I think people need to learn to wait, in general, instead of rehashing the same pointless speculation and rumor threads over and over. Our prediction power is no greater than what that_shaman, or anyone, can grab from the gw2.dat file

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

The only things that we can say that are likely slated very soon is the LA rebuild and/or PS update. Everything else, especially Specializations update, Trait overhaul, the Heart of Thorns expansion, is still ways off one way or another. They are very big changes to the game, and they require time… time we have definitely not achieved, imo.

We’ve only seen three specs so far(Mesmer(Chronomancer), Guardian(Dragonhunter), Neecromancer(Reaper)), aware of the names of two more(Ranger(Druid) and Elementalist(Tempest)), and the remaining three are still shrouded in mystery(Warrior, Thief, and Engineer), both literally and thematically. I don’t see these changes coming any time soon to be honest. I think people need to learn to wait, in general, instead of rehashing the same pointless speculation and rumor threads over and over. Our prediction power is no greater than what that_shaman, or anyone, can grab from the gw2.dat file

I believe you are confusing the Elite Specializations (Chrono, Dragonhunter, Reaper, etc) with the complete overhaul of the Core Specializations (our current trait lines). They clearly stated (I believe it was in their twitch stream summary of the core spec changes https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ready-up-core-specializations-summary/) that the Core Specs overhaul would be released BEFORE HoT comes out and the the Elite Specs would only be available with the expac.

So, it would appear that today’s blog post about the changes to LA and the Core Specs coming in the next update can indeed easily be interpreted as “coming soon” and definitely before the expac. Especially since, based on the video I linked, most of that overhaul appears to be done.

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

The only things that we can say that are likely slated very soon is the LA rebuild and/or PS update. Everything else, especially Specializations update, Trait overhaul, the Heart of Thorns expansion, is still ways off one way or another.

This is the direct quote from the front page.

“Come Home to Lion’s Arch in the Next Update!
Prepare for core specializations, the rebirth of Lion’s Arch, and more!”

Saying prepare for and listing multiple things would make one assume they would be coming together.

“Stay tuned for more information on what you’ll find in the next update!”

Is also at the end of the post.
If it was a separate update it would have been a separate blog post and closer to the date.

To be honest we saw most of the professions ingame aside from engineer, There wasn’t that much left to do, 2 traitlines got overhauled and some engineer stuff got changed and arcane. Other than that i guess it was just one trait here and there. I would imagine bulk of the time was spent thinking up traits but they could have easily got it done by now.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

I believe you are confusing the Elite Specializations (Chrono, Dragonhunter, Reaper, etc) with the complete overhaul of the Core Specializations (our current trait lines). They clearly stated (I believe it was in their twitch stream summary of the core spec changes https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ready-up-core-specializations-summary/) that the Core Specs overhaul would be released BEFORE HoT comes out and the the Elite Specs would only be available with the expac.

So, it would appear that today’s blog post about the changes to LA and the Core Specs coming in the next update can indeed easily be interpreted as “coming soon” and definitely before the expac. Especially since, based on the video I linked, most of that overhaul appears to be done.

Bah, I made that mistake again.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I don’t really think the WHOLE Anet staff nor NCSoft cares about WTS enough to delay production over it. Things are going to be constantly changing. People are just going to have to learn to play around changes, if I had to guess. If anything, it could be a good way for them to showcase the new meta, and it’s far enough out for them to have time to get used to the changes.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

About the WTS argument: There have been PVP tournaments in the past and that didn’t stop them from releasing trait/skill updates. In fact the sooner they release the trait/skill update the better for WTS so teams can adapt.