New spec system coming next update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Magic Eight Ball has spoken. Heed it’s word.

Magic Eight Balls are for the gullible people. I prefer scientific methods so I visited a fortune-teller. My question for GW2 updates totally confused her, but at least I learned that I’ll have an exciting romance with a tall blonde man. Soon.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

The only things that we can say that are likely slated very soon is the LA rebuild and/or PS update. Everything else, especially Specializations update, Trait overhaul, the Heart of Thorns expansion, is still ways off one way or another.

This is the direct quote from the front page.

“Come Home to Lion’s Arch in the Next Update!
Prepare for core specializations, the rebirth of Lion’s Arch, and more!”

Saying prepare for and listing multiple things would make one assume they would be coming together.

“Stay tuned for more information on what you’ll find in the next update!”

Is also at the end of the post.
If it was a separate update it would have been a separate blog post and closer to the date.

We all know what ‘assumption’ stands for, but I digress. Having those two statements in a single sentence doesn’t imply an update with all of that at once. At this point, an update with all the bells and whistles is just wishful thinking and speculation based on previous talks. And it looks likely LA is on the table first, or at least PS, based on the aforementioned timeframe they gave us in a post a while back, about 3 months ago iirc.

To be honest we saw most of the professions ingame aside from engineer, There wasn’t that much left to do, 2 traitlines got overhauled and some engineer stuff got changed and arcane. Other than that i guess it was just one trait here and there. I would imagine bulk of the time was spent thinking up traits but they could have easily got it done by now.

I made the mistake of equating Core and Elite specializations. See above.

We’ve only seen 3 elite specializations, that’s it. We don’t know the Druid firsthand and we don’t know the Tempest’s gig is. A mere third of the roster so far has been explained.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Magic Eight Ball has spoken. Heed it’s word.

Magic Eight Balls are for the gullible people. I prefer scientific methods so I visited a fortune-teller…Soon.

BEWARE…THE HARVEST CEREMONY…

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want Engie Med Kit changes!

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Am I the only one that thinks this mean we’ll get festival content of some sort as well? They said they’d be discussing associated player events, that sounds like festival activities.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My hang up is this wording: “in the next update!” Yes, at the start of the blog they do include the word content, but technically anything that isn’t a system update is content. (Content doesn’t necessarily mean “playable,” though that’s how we tend to view it).

They have an update every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it’s not much, but it is (technically) an update. So by my guess, based on that wording, we’re potentially looking at 6/23 or 6/30 for this patch.

Yes, this would definitely shake up the pvp meta. In theory, this should give the WTS teams a little more than a month to figure their set ups out. It might give enough time for a new meta to start settling some, but not too much. This might make for some more interesting games, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Still, the sooner they get this in, the better, as it allows more time for those teams to adapt.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Am I the only one that thinks this mean we’ll get festival content of some sort as well? They said they’d be discussing associated player events, that sounds like festival activities.

I think they are referring to the player-created content (celebrations players have planned for the new LA) that they mentioned in a previous blog-post.