New style items: Right idea. Wrong direction.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Who ever made the Tier 3 Asura Cultural Light and Heavy need to get making more…

Revealing armor in Tera while kinda stupid, looks 500 000 times better than the kitten trenchcoats medium users are forced to wear…

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

TERA… where to start. A friend of ours praised the game, so we (my significant other and me) decided to download it. Character creation was hilarious, really. When you don’t yet fully realize that those characters have to last an entire game. After 10 minutes of watching my whatever-race-it-was female caster wiggle her kitten even when standing still, I made one of those rock-fellows to get the image off my retinas. Unfortunately, the world is populated by characters like that. It. Was. Too. Much.

It was a huge relief to see some decent characters in GW2. Now, I don’t mind sexy armor. My female ele has one of the most flashy pieces in the game. But when she wears them, she still looks more like she can and will kick you if you look at her the wrong way. Unlike my TERA character, who looked like she would not know the difference between a rock and a cushion if it hit her face while doing the nasties multiple times a day.

Long story short: more armor skins: yes. Sexy ones: yes. TERA style: Hell no.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I like the new hoodies.

Now give me the option to check “always show town clothes out of combat” and I will buy one.

Posted by: Khai.6435

Khai.6435

Personally I despise thematically breaking costumes when armor choices are already so limited.

Here we have temples dedicated to multiple Gods who differ in background and patronage and yet all of their armors look identical. This alone speaks to a laziness in design. I would rather see them make Grentch and Balthazar armor varied than give me a different color of boxing gloves or bunny ears.

We already have tons of Karma going to waste because there is nothing to spend it on.. jugs and vials wasting space in bank vaults. I’m not going to spend money on something immersion breaking and at the point where there is no way to change how my character looks; I’m going to move on to a new game;

Not spend hard cash on a french maid’s outfit.

Focus on the setting; focus on Tyria not Earth when you consider implementing new armors.

Posted by: Trendy Ideology.1034

Trendy Ideology.1034

Oh it is, is it? Then why is the guy posting directly below you threatening to quit over any more cleavage armor?

I can’t speak for others, can I?

I see you heard about the sale at the flawed analogy store where I purchased mine.

Yep

Furthermore can I just say how offensive it is that you call my analogy flawed and then proceed to make such a flagrantly kitten one yourself?

Nope

Certainly not when you used one planning specially to insult people later by calling them babies.

Do you have a single source to cite for what percentages of the GW2 playerbase want ThingA versus ThingB? Any poll, any statistics on armor usage, any… anything? Or like most people asserting fact online are you just making stuff up to support your argument?

Do you? I can make one if you like. I have my eyes. If most people wanted sexy outfits, there would be more of them wearing them.

You are not the armor gestapo. And this is exactly what I was talking about with my steak/salad analogy. It’s not about who orders the salad, it’s about two or more people going somewhere for food, and one person ordering one thing, and the other person for one reason or another taking exception to what that person ordered. But I chose steak and salad because I was going to follow it up with a “just because baby can’t chew steak doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to order it” comment later on.

Food is a wrong (not poor, wrong) comparison. Clothes are the right comparison.

That’s a valid concern, but, that’s why I say we need tons of volume, from multiple sources, so that they can safely add cool stuff to the store without that being an issue.

Art budget is an issue. More volume = less sales per item = less profit per item.

You say 9 months, I say almost a year. But more importantly, I posted this because posting crap content instead of real content isn’t the direction they should be headed. I would rather wait 2 months at a time for something cool than get something once a month and have it be crap 9/10 times like these hoodies.

9 months is correct (Aug 28 2012), “almost a year” is wrong. So that’s silly. As for direction you praised a game so pervy it had to edit for the West so it didn’t get called a pedo game. So I am concerned as to what you think is a good direction.

There are so many logical fallacies in your arguments and responses that I frankly don’t know where to start. So I simply wont.

I made my point. Plenty of people have agreed and posted their agreeable two cents on the topic.

Posted by: Slaa.7561

Slaa.7561

Here’s a +1 from me, as long as we’re not talking of this kind of sexy
http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/65/62/335786fa7523dd23e537d3ba352ea71b-tera-armor-is-ridiculous.jpg

haha <3 that game for its armor. its not just super sexy for female characters. the male armor is what you would expect for super armored up tough warrior. the link is showing the kittenty race just FYI… if this offends, you can be an elf which same armor would look form fitting elegant.
it is Asian MMO, so it of course goes to far. but medium armor is drowning in boredom. the heavy, and light armor are doing better, but you can’t stop giving us options to use.

Transmute stones are the way you chose to change the look of equipment. would have been nice to have a costume tab(much like town clothes). this way i wouldn’t have to have multiple sets of armor with same stats, just different look. i could just put the skin i want to look like at the time in the costume tab. but i understand you want to keep people buying Gems to fuel your engine… i get it. /sigh.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

After reading this thread i looked up Tera armor sets. Regardless of what you feel about the skimpy sets, the armor designs in that game blow everything in GW2 out of the water (IMO). Anet would do well to get even half of the ornate, detailed craziness you see in pretty much every set i’ve seen in that game.

I’m very partial to Korean designs for that reason, despite their fondness to dial up the street walker factor.

Personally I think getting something that looks like L2’s designs is a happy medium.

I’m sadden by the fact that people seem to think Wings of Dwayna is a good looking bow….Even a lowbie A grade from L2 looks better than anything there is in GW2 currently, nevermind getting into the crazier stuff like Dynasty or Icarus bows. There’s a lot Anet could learn from Korean designs.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Lineage II, 2003 MMO (from NCSoft too).

I’d really like something of this quality.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

I despise thematically breaking costumes as well. Tera even goes so far as to give weapon replacements that are squeaky toys. Really?

I tried Tera and hated the models and the armors. It was typical asian, so I didn’t complain, I just left.

I will not play or support a fantasy game that devolves into a world filled with players dressed as clowns, gangsters, sports-players, etc. It cheapens the aesthetic of the world far too much.

I am against mounts for the same reason. They always go too far and add pink, polka-dotted, glittery, fairy-winged two-headed gerbils or the like. Ugh. It turns into some “disneyland meets animal farm on acid” mix.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

My biggest grievance is heavy armor for females. Yes, it’s practical and that’s cool but they lack elegance. I want a battle dress, something similar to this:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma565qlFDE1qz7x00o1_500.jpg

Put that in the game and you can pretty much name your price.

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

Really, really do not want to see Asian inspired mmo armours in this game.

TERA, as it is used as an example in this thread had awful armour models for female characters, and the males where so effeminate it made no difference. I genuinely do not want to see characters running around with skirts that have no back so your pants hang out.

I for one actually like the “trench coats” and armour that actually looks like it has practical value.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Why, oh why can’t we have costumes wearable in combat? Like this other game I used to play called Guild Wars 1. Maybe you have heard of it? I loved the Aegis of Unity costume, (ok, maybe not the hat). It looked like embroidered silk and, what’s more, could be worn in combat.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Aegis_outfit_f_dye_chart.jpg

And the wiki site with what they had.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Costumes

Of course they won’t bring back the same items. But how about similar stuff?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

TERA, as it is used as an example in this thread had awful armour models for female characters

Really? Because only in my wildest dreams is my female norn going to ever wear something as epic as this, as detailed as this or kitten as this. I was watching the video of the various armors and, coming from GW2, i was floored by the amount of awesomeness.

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

The reality is people vote with their money. If the hoodies sell, they’ll become a mainstay. If not, then we may see a different direction in clothing.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I completely agree with all.

-I don’t understand the “Town Clothes” deal – I don’t spend enough time in town to care.
-I’d rather have cosmetics for my gear that I wear all the time: combat gear
-I don’t get the hoodies. We can wear those in RL, why would we want to wear them in a Fantasy game?
-I don’t get the plush back items. I’m not 7yrs old. If some people do like them that’s great, but why not have back items that appeal to a larger percentage of players?
-Riding clothes? Really?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: A bitz.3825

A bitz.3825

I like the new hoodies.

Now give me the option to check “always show town clothes out of combat” and I will buy one.

This! So much money I could be throwing at them but it’s not gonna happen without this xD I literally woulda spent on gems like crazy if this were the case.

A demographic of players tossed aside once again. Why do companies keep doing that? xD

Aridia.3042

TERA, as it is used as an example in this thread had awful armour models for female characters, and the males where so effeminate it made no difference. I genuinely do not want to see characters running around with skirts that have no back so your pants hang out.

I for one actually like the “trench coats” and armour that actually looks like it has practical value.

That’s like saying you’ve watched hentai so that makes all anime bad.

It’s also amusing to see trench coat being used in the same context as practical armor.

I’ll take this over trench coats, thanks. Yes, this is actual medium armor from an Asian game.

Attachments:

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I want asian inspired town clothes.. like a kimono or something..

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Here you go Anet.

Some ideas to get you started.

It’s one of the few things they do right.

Why you no Google?

Aridia.3042

Why you no Google?

Because surprisingly, Bing gives better results on images.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

That’s like saying you’ve watched hentai so that makes all anime bad.

It’s also amusing to see trench coat being used in the same context as practical armor.

I’ll take this over trench coats, thanks. Yes, this is actual medium armor from an Asian game.

That armor is ugly…
Dont like it one bit… trenchcoats are better xD even though we obviously need more variety especially for medium armor in GW2.

But not that.. ugly shiny gay prince armor.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

There are so many logical fallacies in your arguments and responses that I frankly don’t know where to start. So I simply wont.

I made my point. Plenty of people have agreed and posted their agreeable two cents on the topic.

In Britain we call that a “cop-out”. You know your tastes are niche/extreme and are unhappy to have them questioned. I would be unhappy to see them reflected in the game (if akin to TERA).

I will say, though, that if we were going to have ridiculous outfits for people with niche interests, there is one I’d paid for – one that made my character look like Commander Shepard from Mass Effect (i.e. N7 armor). Not going to happen, but that’s one I’d paid for.

(edited by Eurhetemec.9052)

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

As an Asura player, I’d say before adding anymore costumes/armor or w.e, they should have the people who usually do those stuff completely redesign most of the asura armor.

Reason: The gemstore armor/costumes are well done for all races. Some of the non-gemstore stuff on the other hand is VERY badly modeled (and to lesser extend textured). There’s pants with waistline that looks like a rectangle, a LOT of clipping issues and stretched textures and whoever got the stupid idea to just resize human male armor instead of making a good unisex armor that acctually fits the race should be fired. And don’t even get me started with the shoes. You can tell the Asura armor was made last and therefore rushed.

But once they’re done fixing the armor already in the game then yeah. I’d like costumes to work more like in GW1 or alternatively them focusing on armor and weapon skins instead of townclothes.

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

Personally I quite like the look of the hoodie. If only I could have it automatically load while I’m in town instead of switching in and out all the time. Or if I could even transmutate it to an armour set I might actually get it. And if any of you guys think that Asian MMO’s medium armour mentioned above is bad look up GW2’s top tier medium craftable armour, I look like a samurai. In itself that is pretty awesome, however I am a ranger, not a warrior or a guardian, a ranger. Do you have any idea how ridiculous I look running around the battlefield in brown samurai armour using a mystic forge bow with a fern hound out? This should give you an idea: (I have dawn on my back because the bow just looked silly)

Attachments:

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

TERA is indeed awful, like all Korean games, but Korean MMOs are king at focusing on visuals ~costumes and polish. TERA kinda goes a bit too far and creeps me out but still… Need better costumes in GW2, there’s also plenty of nice ones in GW1 they could port over. Though even simply adding all NPC armor to be available to players would be a nice addition as well to town clothes.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Toxophile.6215

Toxophile.6215

I’d like to be able to wear town clothes in combat as well. Or at the very least, be able to prevent the auto-revert to armor when you take damage/portal etc. Since we can skin our armor, in PvE at least it doesn’t provide an advantage to disguise the kind of armor you have on. I could see a very small chance WvW could be excluded, and a much stronger change sPvP would be excluded. But really, who cares what a person is wearing. It’s not like I would fight any different if the person was wearing a holiday outfit or some spiky set of armor.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

My thought process: Need more armor skins via the cash shop. Make them retro gw1 if you want, that way you keep all the new ideas for in-game-world-acquisition.

I personally think the town clothes was and is a method for messing around in the costume brawl.

I also think that they should scrap that idea and have costume brawl revolve purely around weapons and just turn the town clothes into skins to be placed over armor.

Since launch I’ve been kind of wanting anet to totally throw out the idea of how armor was bound to the three anyway(light,med,heavy), aside from the stuff in the cash shop. Allow people to look how they want. Whether they want to be a chef carrying a great sword, or a caster wearing plate. This far in I’m even more sure it wouldn’t make a huge difference.

So basically what I want:
1. Rework town clothes idea into …costume brawling revolves around weapons(kind of like it is already.
Town clothes can be worn in combat and are just skins.

2. More themed skins (tuxes, dresses, god worshipping themed threads, w/e), More retro gw1 armors, More skins that fit Tyria in it’s current time, More costume brawling weapons, and even open up some sort of costume brawl arena for fun or something.

3. (Kind of off topic, but in the same realm of thought) Make it so that armor values are based on class or on category of class wearing it, but skins can be worn by anyone.

Posted by: BlizzShark.5410

BlizzShark.5410

Here’s a +1 from me, as long as we’re not talking of this kind of sexy
http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/65/62/335786fa7523dd23e537d3ba352ea71b-tera-armor-is-ridiculous.jpg

nice one

[PTF] BlizzShark | Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: blakeryan.2018

blakeryan.2018

I miss all the pretty dresses I had on my mesmer in GW1

Attachments:

Posted by: kaotiktheory.8942

kaotiktheory.8942

Totaly agree with OP. I get excited each time I see new armor skins available, but then I see what they’re like and they’re just flat out terrible looking.

Sadly arenanet has dropped the ball on some of the armor skins – especially the medium armor. To me that’s the biggest reason why I play this game (the look of my armor), and not all the gear was designed equally in this game unfortunately.

TERA is indeed an excellent example of high quality looking armor (albeit sexist and too revealing – but some of the High Elf and Human armor is amazingly beautiful).

Here’s hoping to some new incredibly looking armor skins being made available soon.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Buy the new stuff, choose the leather hoodie, buy aviators cap. Equip on Charr.

Bomber pilot Charr is awesome Charr. Don’t believe me? Go preview it. My buddy already has it. I’m waiting to see if anything I want goes on sale this month.

Astral Projections.7320

Bomber pilot Charr is awesome Charr. Don’t believe me? Go preview it. My buddy already has it. I’m waiting to see if anything I want goes on sale this month.

It’s nice enough. But to me it’s not worth spending the money for the 5 minutes a day that I spend in LA, IF I remember to toggle town clothes on, which I usually don’t.

For me that’s the real sticking point. The cost/benefit ratio is to far towards cost and not enough towards benefit. I badly wanted the Mad King costume and I would have bought it if this game had the Guild Wars 1 system. But I’m not going to spend money on something that I won’t use because its main use is in town only. I’m not in town enough to buy an item, that is an in town item only.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

It’s nice enough. But to me it’s not worth spending the money for the 5 minutes a day that I spend in LA, IF I remember to toggle town clothes on, which I usually don’t.

For me that’s the real sticking point. The cost/benefit ratio is to far towards cost and not enough towards benefit. I badly wanted the Mad King costume and I would have bought it if this game had the Guild Wars 1 system. But I’m not going to spend money on something that I won’t use because its main use is in town only. I’m not in town enough to buy an item, that is an in town item only.

I can respect that. But your post makes me wonder, you do know that you can activate town clothes anywhere in the world right? You can literally live in them until you take damage, then the game puts you back into combat armor.

I use my mad king get up to pass the time waiting on my ever-late guild mates, pretty much any time I’m idle, in some JPs, and on long runs. I also like to costume brawl so I have that going for me.

I have any eye towards the new stuff for my second Charr, just to replace the hideous clothes they get.

Astral Projections.7320

I can respect that. But your post makes me wonder, you do know that you can activate town clothes anywhere in the world right? You can literally live in them until you take damage, then the game puts you back into combat armor.

I use my mad king get up to pass the time waiting on my ever-late guild mates, pretty much any time I’m idle, in some JPs, and on long runs. I also like to costume brawl so I have that going for me.

I have any eye towards the new stuff for my second Charr, just to replace the hideous clothes they get.

Yah, I’m aware that I could be doing that. I’m just not interested in continuously toggling town clothes after each fight or falling damage or whatever. I spent 4 years in Guild Wars 1 where, if you put a costume on and went out into combat, by golly it stayed on. You didn’t have to be constantly fiddling around with it. This here is an inferior system and I don’t wish to reward ANet for it by buying town clothes.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

9 months is correct (Aug 28 2012), “almost a year” is wrong.

What? It’s far from correct! The game hasn’t even been out for 7 months, on March the 28th it would be 7 months, meaning it’s only been out for over 6 months, half a year, far from almost a year, and not close to 9 months…

I have two problems with town clothes.
1) They don’t look good. I’ve only bought the witches outfit for my asura and the Mad King outfit for my charr, because they look bad kitten Since then I’ve seen nothing of any interest to me.
2) They have no purpose. No one actually wear their town clothes in town. What do you actually do with it? There’s no actual use to spend any money on them, and since armors look a lot better, and show prestige, I’d rather stand around in my dungeon sets.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Astral Projections.7320

The closest way I can describe how I feel about the way they implemented town clothes is this. Lets say you live somewhere for several years and there is a feature offered that you liked a lot and used all the time. Then you move to somewhere else, under the same management. There is the same feature there, and it costs about the same amount of money but it is markedly inferior. So your options are either to suck it up, pay the money OR refuse this inferior product. While some people may be willing to pay my decision was to say no. No money from me until this is fixed. I know my money is only a drop in the bucket but I can’t justify to myself rewarding them for offering an inferior product.

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

GW2 armour is some of the worst armour available in any game I have ever played. Its ugly and boring and more often than not spoilt by having too much of everything. The currently available town clothes are even more boring and uninteresting and nothing would convince me to spend my real dollars on them.

I personally love the Tera armour I dont need my character to be decked out in iron plate because after all this is fantasy. I want MY character to please my eyes when I am looking at her butt for major hours at a time.

I say have a variety of all styles so that there is something to please all. I promise not to cry at your ugly iron plate armour if you can allow me the same privilege and not complain about my skimpy stuff. That wont happen though cos sadly some people feel the whole world should be designed to their plan.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Please let us wear these items and future ones in combat. I will never buy town clothes only.

Me either, they are pointless.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

the fact that i cant where my town clothes in combat like in guild wars 1 really disappointing me…. im spending real money on your game to buy a skin i should be able to wear it anywhere i please while do anything i please!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

You knew you couldn’t when you paid the money, well assuming you rationally informed yourself of what town clothes meant in GW2 (vs. GW).

Contract on payment was met, now you’d like it changed – fine, but don’t try to present this like you were deceived by Anet into believing that town clothes functioned differently.

They need to look at xmutes to improve the way appearances work in this game, and until such time I shall refrain from spending on them or town clothes – vote with wallet works.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

I just cant believe how its possible that a commercial company, does not seem to have learned from their own previous games, and also from others… that people are willing to spend tons of RL! cash on cool looking items……..

Im one of those people, lol ;P

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I would just like to say that I am stunned – stunned, I say! – that you good people aren’t huge fans of the sleeveless hoodie look in your fantasy-setting game. Clearly those two things go together.

Posted by: TottWriter.8591

TottWriter.8591

I miss my Imperial Ritualist armour, or the Elite Luxon gear I traded it in for.

More on topic perhaps, when it comes to town clothes I think what I find frustrating is that we have those basic clothing options, and then it seems that most of the ones available in the cash shop (and hey, that’s a small pool to start with at this stage), are 4th wall breaking items such as the peaked hat, and now hoodies.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not against these items being available for people to buy. If that’s what someone wants in their MMO, go for it. I guess what frustrates me a tad is that I would kill for some of the “town” clothes that NPCs have, and I had really hoped I would be able to purchase them.

These “skins” are already in the game, have already been designed and given character models for some of the races. Could they not be sold in the shop? I’d love some dresses like the ones I see on humans, or some honest to goodness trousers that I can put on my human Ele from time to time. (Seriously, casters really do have a shortage of trousers in the same way medium armour sets have a shortage of overall variety.)

I don’t mind the idea of town clothes that you have to buy with gems. As a money making exercise it really is way down there on my “things to grumble about in a game” list. They are fluff, you don’t need them. But one of the reasons I feel like I don’t need them at the moment is that there’s nothing I would want to dress my characters in. I like to keep my characters fitting the setting. Right now, that doesn’t leave me with much reason to switch over to town clothes at all.

Again, I’m not going to complain that “modern” or “silly” items are in the shop. Not at all. They all have a place. I’d just like the balance to offer some more of the sort of things you might actually see someone walking around Tyria in as well.

To buy character slots or not to buy character slots. That is the test of my restraint.

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

I know this conversation took place about a month ago, but I came back to the forums to post a comment about heavy armor wearers deserving circlets and came across this thread while researching.

Thank you very much for thinking about this topic. I’m doing my part to add to this thread and up-vote other writers who have contributed meaningfully to the discussion. I have the same position on this subject as the post from TottWriter above me, and couldn’t agree more.

I truly long for more customization.

• Put out some town clothes, even if they are race- or gender-specific as designed right now.
  • Let players mix armor appearances from other armor types. Stop tying light, medium, and heavy armor to the armor’s appearance. A Norn female wearing a tier 2 heay top and a tier 3 heavy bottom looks fit for a beach outing in Cozumel. Not a romp around the Orrian wastelands. If that is heavy armor, ANYTHING can be heavy armor. There are examples in each armor type of this same situation.
  • Let people push armor over into town clothes. In fact, stop differentiating between armor and town clothing all together. Merge the ideas and use the town clothes slot as an alternate gear slot. That helps those of us who switch gear for loot farming vs. being properly geared for dungeons.

These mechanical limiters in the game’s design are a bit lost on me. They seem to have our interests in mind, but they are not what I would consider optimal at all. We have features that are in the right place, but they do the wrong thing. There is a way to fix this and make money doing it, so please consider it.

When lots of time is spent on things like the Super Arcade box, it’s nice, even though it doesn’t interest me. So I’m really hopeful that at some point they can focus on the things that appeal to folks like me as well: personalizing my characters, looking nice, having lots of clothing options… put a stone in the store that lets me do what I want to get the appearance the way I want it. I’ll buy a bunch of them, and I know I’m not the only one.

Anyway, lots of +1’s to give out. Thanks again for making this thread and contributing to it.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

you know what this thread needs? Pictures of the new stuff for those of us who work for a living!

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

THank you Atherakhia. You read my mind. =)

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

I know this conversation took place about a month ago, but I came back to the forums to post a comment about heavy armor wearers deserving circlets and came across this thread while researching.

Some threads need be re-animated. I threw in a few +1s of my own, including one on your own post. I’ve been waiting eight months for more costume options to show up in the cash shop, and I’m still waiting with money in hand. At the least can we have the NPC city and town outfits?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Awww

But since we’re here now… gimme pics!