New targeting a pain

New targeting a pain

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

The new tab targeting, when you target closest thing, which previously was the closest thing on your screen, appears to be behaving as target ‘anything’ that is closest, including doors in wvw, and basically anything that mite be a threat (how a door falls into this category is beyond me).

I haven’t seen anything in the patch notes on this so am assuming its one of those silent updates, but oh boy, it sure is irritating!

Anyone else experience the same?

• ps—-including stuff behind you off screen (re read my post and realized i hadn’t made that point clear—apologize)

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

New targeting a pain

Posted by: Soraiah.5042

Soraiah.5042

The door knob might explode O_O

(Sorry, couldn’t resist ^^)

Until now, I didn’t notice such a change, but I will keep my eyes open.

New targeting a pain

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

I switched to “Next Target” instead of nearest, and it seems OK, but yes, I have the same issue.

New targeting a pain

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Raise it as a bug. No longer fit for purpose.

New targeting a pain

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes, the new targeting is even worse than it used to be. I keep getting targeted random things I don’t even see again and again.

20 level 80s and counting.

New targeting a pain

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The worst part of it is that sometimes when you intend to fight a monster of type X, you inadvertently target a nearby identical monster of type X that you weren’t even aware of.

I find that far more irritating than accidentally targeting a door or a rat, because with doors and rats you instantly know you have a bad target. With a similar target, in the second or two it takes to realize your attacks aren’t going where you want them to go, you might have wasted the use of 1 or 2 long cooldown skills.

New targeting a pain

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Yes, the new targeting is even worse than it used to be. I keep getting targeted random things I don’t even see again and again.

This is new? It’s been like this for me all along.

The table is a fable.