New tier of Runes planed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I first didn´t want to believe just on the stats of one pink ring, but by now it´s clear Ascendant gear has catastrophically introduced the WoW power creep into GW2.

Obviously the only way to elevate the old exotic gear, apart from the clumsy stat change done with Legendaries, is to introduce a new more powerful level of Runes(without infusions).

These would again equalize exotic gear stats with the new ascendant versions and still make the power-creep somewhat bearable. I guess.
People could keep their old somewhat boosted gear for everything else but Fractal, and still have the option to grind a new set for “the everlasting” Dungeon.

Just trying to come up with a band-aid for this ludicrous situation.
What say you?

Polish > hype

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

What Anet should do (order is not important):
1. Delete Ascended gear.
2. Edit Infusions to have only Agony resistance.
3. Add resistance slot to exo gear.
4. Make a public apology.

But people have stated this already in these forums many times and I highly doubt it will ever happen.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

You are just inciting a riot here.

And to compare WoW power creep with GW2’s. I am a 3 years WoWer, GW2 aren’t even a pint close, sorry to say.

I with all the dissatisfaction from the community, I think Anet will reconsider any tier restructuring from now on. So there’s no need to incite a riot around, Anet knows the problem very well.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

And to compare WoW power creep with GW2’s. I am a 3 years WoWer, GW2 aren’t even a pint close, sorry to say.

I with all the dissatisfaction from the community, I think Anet will reconsider any tier restructuring from now on. So there’s no need to incite a riot around, Anet knows the problem very well.

Im an old wower too, i stopped to play there after wotlk. but if i have choose this game, is too avoid that kind of gameplay even if its minimal ( FOR NOW). so no one here is inciting a riot, is the silence that is enciting it.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

They aren’t going to do it because they plan on continuing with adding 2-3 pieces of ascended gear every 3-4 months. They are also tieing content directly to agony. GW1 and people who hate gear treedmills lost.

Posted by: Cerulean.5142

Cerulean.5142

While I would like an answer, although I wouldn’t believe it since they have already lied to us it wouldn’t stop them from doing it again, I don’t think your thread title is going to work.

My prediction is this thread being closed very soon and possibly an infraction for the OP.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

they are a lot closer at 2.5 months than wow was

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

One of the most immediately obvious things to me when I saw the stats on Ascended items, and how the stats of a better-than-Exotic Jewel upgrade are just baked in was: “That feels like one hell of a crutch to get around not being able to spare the programmer manpower to rejigger equipment code to allow for multiple upgrades in one piece.”
Ascended equipment really does feel like the kind of thing that you’d get if the item/UI programmers left the company, and nobody else was really sure how to work with the code yet.

The Rune/Sigil system is infinitely superior to Infusion; that much is obvious at a glance. Ascended equipment, as available in-game at the moment, is completely untenable as a long-term solution. You’re right that a new tier is necessary, but I think it’s less likely to be a new set of Runes to go into existing Exotic armour, and more likely at this point that we’ll just see Ascended++ armour where the Infusion is baked in and the upgrade slot is once again reserved for runes.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Why wold they try to elevate the old exotic gear? Stop deluding yourself— with ascended gear they are trying to introduce a set of gear MORE powerful than exotics.

When ascended boots or chest pieces come out there will probably either be an infusion baked in or two slots: one for runes and one for the infusion.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

How much power creep did WoW have in the first 3 months? And more than power creep, you have grind escalation off the charts. Ascended gear is easily 10 times more grind than exotics – perhaps 30 times more grind! Are you kidding?

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Kolache.3964

Kolache.3964

The only far-fetched possibility I can imagine that would keep me playing is if they somehow split up the servers. If they converted X-number of “Manifesto” servers out there that locked ascended gear/infusions, then gave these servers their own WvW group, then the kitteny version of GW2 could go on it’s merry linear progression way while the promised GW2 happily stayed behind.

Ballistic.4531

The only far-fetched possibility I can imagine that would keep me playing is if they somehow split up the servers. If they converted X-number of “Manifesto” servers out there that locked ascended gear/infusions, then gave these servers their own WvW group, then the kitteny version of GW2 could go on it’s merry linear progression way while the promised GW2 happily stayed behind.

This just isn’t happening for the simple reason of future content. That means they would have to develop two different and separated contents. I just don’t see it happening with current setting.

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

guess not many people dont notice the power creep going on in the game or just choose not to notice.

HawkMeister.4758

Yeah, looks like everybody either likes to whine or shamble obediently after that carrot.

Polish > hype

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

Yeah, looks like everybody either likes to whine or shamble obediently after that carrot.

Quite frankly, the majority of people don’t care enough to come on the forums and voice their opinion.

They will simply quit or leave the game without saying anything… as most of the friends I made in-game have done. My guild of 40 now has me as the only active member.

We’d be playing all the time together one day. The next day, without a word, they never come back.

HawkMeister.4758

We’d be playing all the time together one day. The next day, without a word, they never come back.

Which is of course the true Death Knell.

Hopefully your guildies have just gone and tried out Old Republic´s F2P launch, but I´m not very optimistic.
2 months and paying 50 bucks is hardly enough to instill loyalty towards a developer that already is lying to you.

Polish > hype

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

Which is of course the true Death Knell.

Hopefully your guildies have just gone and tried out Old Republic´s F2P launch, but I´m not very optimistic.
2 months and paying 50 bucks is hardly enough to instill loyalty towards a developer that already is lying to you.

That was actually a month/a month and a halkittenhat it happened.

I was kinda hoping some of them would come back for the halloween event but none of them did.

Needless to say I’m the only one that kept slugging it in this game out of the original bunch.

Ballistic.4531

And how much money would be enough? What if people purred cash to the cash shop?
Loyalty and trust aren’t bought, they are earned.

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

What Anet should do (order is not important):
1. Delete Ascended gear.
2. Edit Infusions to have only Agony resistance.
3. Add resistance slot to exo gear.
4. Make a public apology.

But people have stated this already in these forums many times and I highly doubt it will ever happen.

Still want it to happen though.

Ballistic.4531

Still want it to happen though.

Me too. That’s why I lurk in these forums.

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

They aren’t going to do it because they plan on continuing with adding 2-3 pieces of ascended gear every 3-4 months. They are also tieing content directly to agony. GW1 and people who hate gear treedmills lost.

No… ANet lost.

Ballistic.4531

No… ANet lost.

I have a feeling like I lost, so we all did I’m afraid.

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

This idea with runes won´t work because Anet would have to balance those runes against ascended gear, making those runes so hard or expensive to get, it wouldn´t help a bit.

Posted by: Rysinsun.7306

Rysinsun.7306

Next up, re-introducing the trinity system and 20 man instance raids complete with even more tiers. Seems like Anet is just scrolling through their list of promises and ticking off each one they go back on.

Posted by: samanosuke.4508

samanosuke.4508

That was actually a month/a month and a halkittenhat it happened.

I was kinda hoping some of them would come back for the halloween event but none of them did.

Needless to say I’m the only one that kept slugging it in this game out of the original bunch.

OT but it’s as if I wrote that myself. My guild of 10 (RL friends) went down to 3 at the halloween event. I too, was hoping the event would have meant a return, but alas, they too went AWOL. None of them came on for Lost Shore. It really sunk in when I was doing those [] preview in the guild chat, and every time there was a follow up message “No one hears you”… sad laugh.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Hyperior Runes and Super high quality texture versions of existing weapon skins to give skin farming also some sort of item progression. You know, there’s a gap between not having a certain skin and having it, that’s why we need to bump existing skins down and add a new skin tier.