New to GW2

New to GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anarkis.1360

Anarkis.1360

Hello Guild Wars 2 community. How have you been? Fine i hope well im new in the game, and im really really kittened off because i dont know what class should i pick… well, neither I do, neither you of course :p i will explain all to you my point of view about mmorpgs and playstyle wich i think will help you out too. Im an old player from Lineage 2, since Interlude i supose. All my life i played as an “Assassin, Rogue” class, but in GW2, the third person view for Thiefs its kinda hard for me to get used to. I like characters that gives a ton of damage, i dont like to be supporting. I like to play alone, i like colorfull and dynamic animations. Between PVE and PVP i would say im a PVP player!! Yes i love to be in the top of the Killers Top List, or trying to :P i love pvp with a party, but i would like to pvp alone too. Well thanks for the replys and sorry about my bad english

New to GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Try ranger. Lots of damage right now. You get the pet to help you. It’s great fun.

New to GW2

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Did Lineage 2 not use a third person view (I’ve never played it, so I have no idea). It sounds to me like the Thief is the ideal class for you, you just need to get used to the camera. There are plenty of ways to deal good damage with the Thief. It’s all about testing out different weapon combinations until you find the one you like for your style of play. Best of luck.

New to GW2

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

mesmer seems like best fit (after thief that is)

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

New to GW2

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I tried thief myself (also newish to the game) and found it incredibly tricky to get used to.

In terms of lots of damage, soloing, and whatnot, I absolutely love my ranger, and I’ve heard nothing but good things about elementalists and warriors.

Hope you can find your class, and I hope you manage with the new leveling system which seems to be horribly unpopular with most (myself included)

Welcome to the game, and good luck

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

New to GW2

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

Hi. I used to play L2 as well and I get what you want. Thief really is the closest but their abilities are not flashy at all, so Warrior is also a possibility. Maybe try Ranger as well because they can also melee and have some colourful attacks in melee. I think you will like Ranger, but if you hate pet classes then maybe try Warrior.

If you are open to casters then try either of the casters, especially Mesmer and Elementalist. I also like colourful attacks and dynamic animations and that is one of the reasons I like my Elementalist so much (female character).

New to GW2

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Ele has so high dmg burst potential, i’d suggest you to visit a pvp 1v1 custom arena (game browser search for 1v1, and you will certainly find one with active players, and a scepter-dagger/focus ele) This being said, it isnt so “rogue”-like. Mesmer and Thief are the two classes with easy access to stealth, and both have good burst potentials, but they cannot sustain such a dmg pressure as an ele does without being countered in the meanwhile. I mean… if played properly.

New to GW2

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Based on what you wrote, thief could be your choice. Leveling is rather easy, try it till level 20 to get the feel. Of course, full potential only really unlocks at max level, but take your time.

You can also jump into the mists and try some PvP and see how it goes. But, to be honest, you need to get accustomed to a class and play many games to actually be good with it and get the real feel.

Good thing about GW is that you can try them all, no need to rush to max level or anything. Just enjoy the ride. Try stuff.

New to GW2

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Three similar professions (armour not withstanding) given. I’d go with ranger as well. Play it for a bit and see if you like the pet. You can switch to thief then maybe (if you don’t fancy casting) and see how you go.

Crazily enough, there have been posts here where people have said they’ve gone to professions here that they haven’t touched in other MMos.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

New to GW2

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

If you want damage, then Elementalist is a good start, though I hope you are good at timings as that profession doesn’t take punishment as well as other classes.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

New to GW2

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Hello Guild Wars 2 community. How have you been? Fine i hope well im new in the game, and im really really kittened off because i dont know what class should i pick… well, neither I do, neither you of course :p i will explain all to you my point of view about mmorpgs and playstyle wich i think will help you out too. Im an old player from Lineage 2, since Interlude i supose. All my life i played as an “Assassin, Rogue” class, but in GW2, the third person view for Thiefs its kinda hard for me to get used to. I like characters that gives a ton of damage, i dont like to be supporting. I like to play alone, i like colorfull and dynamic animations. Between PVE and PVP i would say im a PVP player!! Yes i love to be in the top of the Killers Top List, or trying to :P i love pvp with a party, but i would like to pvp alone too. Well thanks for the replys and sorry about my bad english

Ranger just got a nice boost in this patch its a safe bet for DPS and works very good in solo or team fights.

Necromancer Main