New to game .

New to game .

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: POTDOG.1765

POTDOG.1765

Oh and the Mario thing is BS . At least give a new person an idea of how to deal with the Cammera lost in space thing .

New to game .

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Camera is changing on March 10.

What you do is what you want to do. The game won’t force you to do anything. If you like dungeons, you run dungeons. If you want a legendary, start working towards that. If you like skins, go unlock some. If you like PvP or large scale PvP, play those.

You can up your crafting and make ascended gear, you can go for achievements. There’s no “typical” end game here. You get to choose your own.

New to game .

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

There is the newish content drytop and silverwastes that can be fun once you are lvl 80. Though it is a bit hard to understand what is going on the first time you are there. Otherwise you can do dungeons exp mode or Fractals (though these tend to be a bit more difficult). Other then that I would say find some gear/weapons you like and work towards getting them.

New to game .

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Well, depends what you want to do at this point.

Help take back orr, get enough karma to get your temple armor?
Take a step into fractals and see if its your thing.
Check out southsun and participate in holding camps to unlock vendors.
Head to silverwastes and participate in the meta there, defend bases, beat the bosses, than take on the megaboss event.
Or (and sadly) purchase the season 2 living story, or ask a guildmate to run you through, though you can’t get achieves.

New to game .

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

A few suggestions would be:
- Upgrade your gear so you aren’t overwhelmed with the higher end areas. But don’t spend too much, if something is out of your price range – just gather materials and save for it. What this game and a lot of other mmo’s do is make it a progression to keep your character outfitted and current.

(Ask around or look for guides peoples made for certain classes/builds)

- Another and one of the most important, just play how you want to and don’t let anyone else tell you how you should play.

- There’s a lot of things to do, but for newcomers, finding a suitable guild might be helpful unless you’re the lone wolf kinda player. As far as content, there’s dungeons, pvp, wvw, LS, fractals (tutoring recommended) and clearing maps/JPs.

- This game is over all centered around cosmetics and personal look customization of your character. Unless you don’t really care, then there’s outfits.

But I think you could get the most help and explanation while being in a decent guild.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

New to game .

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Um well hit lv 80 in 2 weeks and still wondering what to do? I have gotten to personal story but have had more than a few WTF do i do moments as well as being thrown around like a rag doll in those moment’s . This is really frustating in im in a place and clueless as what to do . Any Help ? Bumded and no clue ?!?

What part of the story are you on? What level and quality of armor are you using? Have you discovered trinkets (rings, amulet, accessories, backpack)? What class are you playing?

New to game .

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

You shouldn’t have rushed to level 80. Take your time and explore the world.

New to game .

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Um well hit lv 80 in 2 weeks and still wondering what to do? I have gotten to personal story but have had more than a few WTF do i do moments as well as being thrown around like a rag doll in those moment’s . This is really frustating in im in a place and clueless as what to do . Any Help ? Bumded and no clue ?!?

Things to do at level 80 :

• Get titles like “been there done that” or “dungeon master”
  • Craft a legendary
  • Finish the personnal story and the living world + achievements
  • Find a way to look cool
  • Get to rank 80 in PvP and/or rank 1000 in WvW
  • Finish the treasure hunter collection
  • going stat-cap
  • getting to level 50 in fractals
  • Maxing the crafting levels

However it’s a shame you got so fast to level 80. What makes GW2 a unique experience is it’s leveling system and exploration and it seems you missed that.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

New to game .

Posted by: PiroTecnik.5346

PiroTecnik.5346

2 weeks isn’t exactly rushing. A friend and I only took a couple weeks to get 80, and we didn’t try to leven, just ran around, explored, completed maps, and towards the end we started doing daily bosses and a dungeon a day. But 80 is FAR from the end of the game. We feel like we just got started.

As for what to do, being new, we found ourselves in diff goals. He started on ascended gear, and I went after another char, as well as we’re not even halfway done with the map even now.

So much to do….and no subscription pressure……feels so nice.

New to game .

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

2 weeks isn’t exactly rushing. A friend and I only took a couple weeks to get 80, and we didn’t try to leven, just ran around, explored, completed maps, and towards the end we started doing daily bosses and a dungeon a day. But 80 is FAR from the end of the game. We feel like we just got started.

As for what to do, being new, we found ourselves in diff goals. He started on ascended gear, and I went after another char, as well as we’re not even halfway done with the map even now.

So much to do….and no subscription pressure……feels so nice.

Man it took me a month to get to the level cap at launch. I wasn’t playing a lot though.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone