New to the game!

New to the game!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gerdian.9051

gerdian.9051

Hey guys!

I just bought GW2 today, and have just came off after spending 12 hours playing.

I am a old wow player that quit a week ago after 8 years+ of playing, it felt weird to say goodbye but hell I don’t look back!

This is awesome, I haven’t had this much fun since WOTLK. The world is so emmersive and the gameplay is awesome, I can’t wait to hit levelcap just like i couldn’t wait in wow.

I quit due to the game moving in so many wrong directions, Blizzard have $$ in their eyes.

This is the classic awesome MMO that wow once was but refreshed, wish I found GW2 sooner.

I know this game will have me hooked for months, if not, years.

Hello everyone! I’m a level 22 human elementalist, how is everyone?!

New to the game!

Posted by: ckooken.8190

ckooken.8190

Well then welcome Gerdian. Hope you enjoy your stay!

New to the game!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Welcome to Tyria!

Once piece of advice…do not race to Level Cap. Enjoy the journey.

Good luck.

New to the game!

Posted by: ckooken.8190

ckooken.8190

Welcome to Tyria!

Good luck.

True, another piece of advice, go off the beaten path. There are other ways to level beside doings hearts. You never know what you may find if you aimlessly explore :P

New to the game!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Welcome to Tyria! I’ve been here since launch and still having fun.

New to the game!

gerdian.9051

Welcome to Tyria!

Good luck.

Thankyou, I’ll try not too, but I’m most excited for the huge world bosses at the end, is there any other PVE content to look forward to at end game?

Also thankyou everyone for the warm welcomes! You are awesome

New to the game!

Posted by: Schneider.8615

Schneider.8615

Welcome! Glad you’ve enjoyed it so far. I gotta say GW2 is a truly beautiful game that does so many things right that pretty much every other mmorpg doesn’t.

New to the game!

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Welcome to Tyria!

Good luck.

True, another piece of advice, go off the beaten path. There are other ways to level beside doings hearts. You never know what you may find if you aimlessly explore :P

Highly endorse this.
I have more fun finding hidden things in the game, that are of no value except to see them.
An example is that while I had traveled the Brisban Wildlands zone many times, I had a gotten lost in Toxal Bog area. Its a mostly a tangled mess of vines and swamp gas. I was cutting between some trees when one lifted off the ground and knocked me back.
I look up and its a frikk’n giant!
I got up and ran to high ground. I turned back to see if it was still in pursuit, just in time to see it turn and meld back into the scenery.
I know why its there now, but to have passed so many times without seeing anything reminds me there is much to discover in Tyria.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

New to the game!

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Hey! Don’t underestimate the Elementalist, you can whip out some serious damage c:

New to the game!

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Welcome to Tyria!

Good luck.

Highly endorse this.
I have more fun finding hidden things in the game, that are of no value except to see them.
An example is that while I had traveled the Brisban Wildlands zone many times, I had a gotten lost in Toxal Bog area. Its a mostly a tangled mess of vines and swamp gas. I was cutting between some trees when one lifted off the ground and knocked me back.
I look up and its a frikk’n giant!
I got up and ran to high ground. I turned back to see if it was still in pursuit, just in time to see it turn and meld back into the scenery.
I know why its there now, but to have passed so many times without seeing anything reminds me there is much to discover in Tyria.

I gotta go check that out now.

Reminds me when a flame legion chucked a devourer egg at the back of my head. I felt sorry wfor him when I pursued him for stealing it, him crying that he just wants one stupid egg because he was hungry – so I let him go. Then he comes back and chucks it at me… “Here! You can have your stupid egg back! It was rotten anyway!”

>.>;;

New to the game!

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Thankyou, I’ll try not too, but I’m most excited for the huge world bosses at the end, is there any other PVE content to look forward to at end game?

There are:

• Dungeons
  • Fractals
  • World bosses
  • Silverwastes/Dry Top
  • Orr events (temples)

But there are plenty of things to do such as collections, achievements, jumping puzzles, skins, legendaries, etc. You will have plenty of things to work for.

New to the game!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Welcome to the game c:

New to the game!

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Hi, and welcome to the game!Feel free to add me to your friend list in game. You can use the account nsme on the left of this post for that.

When I get of work I’ll send you some goodies ingame as a welcoming pressie.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

New to the game!

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

There are:

• Dungeons
  • Fractals
  • World bosses
  • Silverwastes/Dry Top
  • Orr events (temples)

But there are plenty of things to do such as collections, achievements, jumping puzzles, skins, legendaries, etc. You will have plenty of things to work for.

No love for beautiful Southsun Cove? Also, WvW doesn’t really make sense until 80 either.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

New to the game!

Posted by: viennapleads.1784

viennapleads.1784

There are:

• Dungeons
  • Fractals
  • World bosses
  • Silverwastes/Dry Top
  • Orr events (temples)

No love for beautiful Southsun Cove? Also, WvW doesn’t really make sense until 80 either.

Lol sometimes I forget Southsun even exists.

New to the game!

gerdian.9051

Hi, and welcome to the game!Feel free to add me to your friend list in game. You can use the account nsme on the left of this post for that.

When I get of work I’ll send you some goodies ingame as a welcoming pressie.

This right here, this is so cool, the community is so warm welcoming an awesome, an when someone says ’I’ll send you some in game pressies as a welcome present’ it actually excites me which every other mmo has failed to do over the past years

But thankyou! I won’t be on UNTILL another 12 hour or so but I’ll make sure to add you

Thankyou to everyone else on taking the time to give me advice and provide information, it’s really helpful, awesome community, awesome game! Makes me feel very welcome and apart of Tyria

New to the game!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I recommend you listen to what the NPCs say. They’ll say the most funniest things sometimes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

New to the game!

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Bears breath! i greet you, friend! message me in game if you wish assistence, name is Zoa Abysswalker.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

New to the game!

gerdian.9051

Bears breath! i greet you, friend! message me in game if you wish assistence, name is Zoa Abysswalker.

Thankyou:D

New to the game!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Welcome, welcome! Add me to the list of peeps you can turn to as a resource.

Enjoy Tyria! No need to rush to 80, my friend, there’s a LOT to explore.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

New to the game!

Posted by: Tacit Ronin.2097

Tacit Ronin.2097

Welcome to the game. I’m a fairly new player myself and a fellow WoW veteran. I’d echo what others have said about not needing to rush WoW levelling was a means to an end, you wanted to hit that level cap to enjoy end game content.

GW2 is not like that. You can already do a lot of ‘end game’ content at lvl 22. There are at least 4 world bosses that I can think of off the top of my head that you can do, and these are bosses that level 80s fight also, they’re not waste of time encounters by any means.

You can also do WvW and Fractals. They scale you up to 80. Sure you won’t be in lvl 80 gear with traits, but with a laid-back guild you can still participate and this will help you learn the game better.

Enjoy the ride, it’s a world away from ‘kill x amount of monsters and bring back y amount of drops’

New to the game!

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

I quit due to the game moving in so many wrong directions, Blizzard have $$ in their eyes.

Hate to break it to you, but Anet is not a charity. Game development, expansions, bandwidth and servers cost money. The subscription-free model is wonderful, Yes. I wish all games would finally get on board. But the game can’t survive alone on everybody’s one time initial purchase of the core game or the upcoming expansion.

With that said.. welcome to GW2.. glad you are having fun. Now go buy some gems!

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.