New traits and thiefs

New traits and thiefs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suxen.8574

Suxen.8574

Anet have you played a Thief in WvW?
have you asked their opinions to some expert Thiefs in WvW?

The Thief is the profession worst treated of the game.
In WvW, play a Thief is learning to survive, to kill someone is a secondary objective.

Today, create a thief no longer worth, a Warrior has more speed, more damage and more defense.

Now, you have created new Traits (15 april). Did you comment it with any expert thief?
Because it is not useful. Actual traits are better.

Also, you are going to reduce the Critical Damage, our main quality.
But you are not going to reduce the qualities of other professions.
Neither you will give more defense to thiefs

Do you want to tell us something?
Do you want to tell us to abandon the profession Thief?
The Thief is annoying in GW2?

We think that the meeting table GW2 should have a thief to defend this profession because you do not know what is missing nor know our problems.

regards

(I am from Spain, sorry for my English)

Suxen [OdS] – thief in Baruch Bay [ES] – Spain

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I understand that you’re trying to be serious, however the way you state all of your points comes off as more of a joke. Its clear that you mostly play Thief and have no real understanding of the other professions.

The Thief is balanced around their ability to stealth – which players underestimate. When used properly, stealth is a catch-all get-out-of-jail free card. Even if you discount that you can often get away with it, it also gives you the advantage of ambushing your enemy, so psychological factor is very important too.

On top of that, you say that other professions aren’t nerfed by the changes, but that is completely false. Every other class relies on critical damage in exactly the same way. In fact, the Thief probably has the least reliance on this, because if they fail to land enough damage on their opponent they can just reset and try again.

The important factors to understand in other classes’ balance is: visiblity and mobility. Both of these play heavily in combat, especially mobility. Stealth (lack of of visiblity) and mobiltiy are the Thiefs strengths and what they are balanced around.

For example, you argue Warrior is far better, but they are horrible on both of these.

Nobody says you have to run full zerker (or similar glass) on Thief in PvP/WvW and just spike people down. Its not like they have less health and armor than a Ranger or Engineer, and its not like they have less weapon choices or abilities. You’re chosing to see that there’s only one way to play the Thief when there are many.

All classes have problems, some of them far worse. Maybe you should try playing Ele without Celestial or PVT gear in PvP/WvW, when you die from one rogue AoE.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Thief

Deadly Arts – Revealed Training : Gain up to 200 power when you are revealed, based on your level. (duration is that of revealed)

Critical Strikes – Invigorating Precision : You are healed for 5% of your critical hits.

Shadow Art – Resilience of Shadows : Stealths you apply to you and your allies reduce incoming attacks by 50%. (does not affect condis)

Acrobatics – Assassin’s Equilibrium : Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed.

Trickery – Bewildering Ambush : Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5s.

Shadow Art – Resilience of Shadows : Stealths you apply to you and your allies reduce incoming attacks by 50%. (does not affect condis)

INVISIBILITY IS NOW INVINCIBILITY

theifs are getting some of the nicest buffs next patch, idk why you are crying about crit dmg changes that effect all classes.

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Suxen.8574

Suxen.8574

Dear Zepidel:

- Deadly Arts – Revealed Training
No thiefs use Deadly Arts more than Master
And this new trait is of Great Master. not worth spending points here

- Critical Strikes – Invigorating Precision
Eeeeeh???, example: critical hit = 7000 … 5% = 350, …350 of health? XDD

- Shadow Art – Resilience of Shadows
This Trait is not useful because no one hits me when I’m in stealth.
Other traits are better in Shadow Art.
This trait does not give me anything I did not already have

- Acrobatics – Assassin’s Equilibrium
This is good but it is Great Master and not worth spend 30 points here

- Trickery – Bewildering Ambush
This is very very good, but only to thiefs use Condition Damage

Is not gold that glitters
Play a thief first, become an expert and then give opinions.

We only ask to Anet that the meeting table GW2 should have a thief to defend this profession.

Suxen [OdS] – thief in Baruch Bay [ES] – Spain

(edited by Suxen.8574)

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

- Critical Strikes – Invigorating Precision
Eeeeeh???, example: critical hit = 7000 … 5% = 350, …350 of health? XDD

You underestimate how fast a Thief can attack compared to most classes. 5% per crit is huge if you get a good chain going. Not to mention even if you blow your heal you got a form of regen passively. I’d say thats better than even Adrenal Health for Warrior. Maybe even HS.

- Shadow Art – Resilience of Shadows
This Trait is not useful because no one hits me when I’m in stealth.

You’d be saying otherwise when you’re on the receiving end of my Killshot. lmao.
Also, AOEs, cleave anyone?

Duty is heavier than death.

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Go pistol/pistol and full power toughness vitality. There you go. Survivability has gotten a lot easier.
Want to know what feels worse than a thief survivability wise?
elementalists, mesmers (seriously though, mesmer has one speed up if you go sword sword and one condi removal. You can walk around crippled for days. And their downed 2 is god kitten awful).
Want to know what feels worse damage wise?
Try being any other engi except the squishiest kind and deal any damage
Try being a power necro and deal any damage, or a condi necro and get your ticks on anything, because if you’re in a zerg and there’s warriors putting bleeds left and right it’s impossible.

Really though before complaining about your class try all the others. Warrior is the to go meta. don’t compare yourself to a warrior. Except for guardians, everything else is worse than a warrior and harder to play.
Also don’t complain about survival when you spec squishy.

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

You act like the other professions their new traits are so much more useful than the thief ones. I’d say you play something else than thief and then compare them

Professional noob guardian

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

The DA new trait is worth getting if your playing glass cannon (I personally don’t but that’s my choice).

the the new trickery trait is AWESOME and not only for condi thieves just take a look at the most common d/p and s/p specs out there.

as for the other traits… Imo we got alot better choices to equip.

I.e both CS great master traits are far far better then the new one, I would never take it.
in acrobatics, both great master traits are awful and the new one is even worse… 1sec of stability is not even noticeable… I mean… Rly!? GM trait 1sec? (well we have an elite that’s worse than most utilities so… Yah…)

SA new trait is not bad but if your going to be sheathed alot you will take the trait that heals wile in stealth because you benefit from it EVERY time you are in stealth wile with the new trait you will benefit from it ONLY when some one successfully hits you wile in stealth and I have to say that this very rarely happens.

(edited by Volrath.1473)

New traits and thiefs

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I play every class in the game, and I have 9 characters. The doubled-up class? It’s thief. My main is an Engineer. And due to having all, I also have a ranger. OP gave me a good laugh.

The Thief is the profession worst treated of the game.