Posted by: Pivit.7523

Pivit.7523

Be carefull dont fall for it :d

Attachments:

New way of scamming? (Mail way)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

not new and as it states at the bottom of the mail it was sent from a player and the url is a clusterkitten, I doubt many people will fall for it

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Pivit.7523

Pivit.7523

not new and as it states at the bottom of the mail it was sent from a player and the url is a clusterkitten, I doubt many people will fall for it

well i still felt like sharing it!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

You’d be surprised….
There are STILL people who send their information to Zimbabwe princes….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If Anet wanted to shut down an account they will do so, period, on the spot with no warning. This goes for any MMO really. They will never ask you to “verify” an account or “remove restrictions”. So people should never fall for cheap tricks like this.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I’m getting phished for this game which surprised me. Haven’t had that kind of thing happen since I played WoW.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

I just received one , how do I report it?

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

LOL That’s a pretty poor scam too. XD love that it says right at the bottom it definetly wasn’t Anet.

As usual,
Keep Calm And
Report Them

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

I get emails like that all the kitten time. I promptly ignore it, because the game wouldn’t shut my account down I’m a casual.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

You can report a mail by clicking the icon below the mail (it is a ! inside a white octagon).

There is a thread about this exact mail scam stickied in this section of the forum.

Remember guys! If it was a message from Anet, there would be red text below the mail. Moreover, Anet does not require any account information from you to “verify” an account. If I’m not mistaken, Anet also do not send any warning about suspending your account.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

You’d be surprised….

I am Prince Nambuwambe of Zimbabwe, and I have sent so many letters and so many emails to so very…very many people. But no one will help me

#ForeverAloneInZimbabwe
#ThatWasAJokeShepard

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Sadly enough do to make it a viable scam, hence why they keep doing it. The scam site looks like a clone of GW2’s customer support page (with added fields for more personal information), so people who don’t realize that site actually ends with .xyz and not .com fall for it.

Edit: looked up the .xyz domain registrar and found they have an email address for reporting abuse. Feel free to do the same, maybe with enough complaints the registrar will blacklist guildwars2.com from being used on their site.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Mail from Anet have their red arena logo.

Posted by: vlorenc.8015

vlorenc.8015

I got this scam mail this morning. So sad that some ppl try thinks like this. Especialy when every mail from Anet tema is marked by Anet logo.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

You’d be surprised….

I am Prince Nambuwambe of Zimbabwe, and I have sent so many letters and so many emails to so very…very many people. But no one will help me

#ForeverAloneInZimbabwe
#ThatWasAJokeShepard

But I did respond and never got my 1 million USD as promised…

On an unrelated note, I was also a victim of identity theft and strangely my credit score improved.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”