New way to grind Dragonite?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Someone told me you can get a ton of drag ore in Dry Top. Is this true? And how does it work?

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Someone told me you can get a ton of drag ore in Dry Top. Is this true? And how does it work?

EotM – that is the best place for it.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Dragonite can drop from the buried locked chests during the sandstorms. It seems to be a 50/50 chance between that and emp frags. It drops 15-20 in each chest.

ICEing.9237

You think it’s worth to farm? Or eotm still better?

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

EoTM is hit and miss, no good team/commander in there at the time and you’re coming out with 0 dragonite. Dry Top shoudl always get you some, mix in some world bosses and yeah, lots of dragonite. I’ve gotten at least 3 stacks of dragonite so far from dry top just casually messing around in there when I’m bored.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

EoTM is hit and miss, no good team/commander in there at the time and you’re coming out with 0 dragonite. Dry Top shoudl always get you some, mix in some world bosses and yeah, lots of dragonite. I’ve gotten at least 3 stacks of dragonite so far from dry top just casually messing around in there when I’m bored.

Commanders are useless there, especially in the mindless zerg that is the major feature there. The Commanders that no nothing about team play but know everything about grinding.

ICEing.9237

What’s the best way to farm in dry top?

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Follow the zerg. There’s a pattern to the events, with some showing up one after another.

Otherwise, do World Boss runs each day. I’m overflowing in Dragonites, with twice as many Dragonite Ingots than Empyreal Stars.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

ICEing.9237

Follow the zerg. There’s a pattern to the events, with some showing up one after another.

Otherwise, do World Boss runs each day. I’m overflowing in Dragonites, with twice as many Dragonite Ingots than Empyreal Stars.

Haha my problem is reverse where I’m swimming in Emp Stars and poor in the banana ingots

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Jerus.4350

Commanders are useless there, especially in the mindless zerg that is the major feature there. The Commanders that no nothing about team play but know everything about grinding.

That’s why I put team first it’s just hit and miss, you can get in and have your team not really doing anything in there, at least in my experience. And only the keeps give dragonite.

Jerus.4350

I destroy a stack of empyreal almost every day because I have so much, doubt I’ll ever destroy dragonite.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just switch from dungeon running to world boss train. Instead of gold you’ll get ectos and instead of emp frags you’ll get dragonite ore.

Follow the timer or just look at map chat, people almost always link the WP to the next boss.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Just switch from dungeon running to world boss train. Instead of gold you’ll get ectos and instead of emp frags you’ll get dragonite ore.

Follow the timer or just look at map chat, people almost always link the WP to the next boss.

And I should do more Dungeon runs to get those loads of Empyreals. Haven’t touched a Dungeon since they nerfed Arah.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Dry Top is IMO the best source of dragonite at the moment. Those buried chests when the sandstorm is up. You need a key, but I opened three last night and got 15-17 dragonite from each, and it took me about 10min to get to them.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Commanders are far from useless there if they “know” what the best routes are etc. I’ve done some etom and came up with tons of loot and ore/frags and had a blast. No commander = crummy eotm and better to just leave it.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

And I should do more Dungeon runs to get those loads of Empyreals. Haven’t touched a Dungeon since they nerfed Arah.

Nerfed arah? What?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Nerfed arah? What?

guess he’s talking about the simin nerf

ontopic: doing wurm/teq/karka every day is more than enough dragonite for crafting if you have the time to get into an organized group.
Dry top is a very good alternative though.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

IF you have lots of Alts, it’s a good source.

I think you can get upwards of +30 Dragonite per Character you take thru the story. Doing the story takes no more than 30-45 minutes for each character (tho not beating your head on a hard object during the repeated dialog is the biggest challenge).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Jerus.4350

IF you have lots of Alts, it’s a good source.

I think you can get upwards of +30 Dragonite per Character you take thru the story. Doing the story takes no more than 30-45 minutes for each character (tho not beating your head on a hard object during the repeated dialog is the biggest challenge).

15 dragonite per story run, but also keys which lead to much more if you’re lucky. I ran through on 7 alts, so 105 dragonite + lots of keys, ended up getting about a stack-stack and a half of the stuff just from the story and it’s keys on all my chars. And I found it much more interesting than joining the blob of people on world bosses

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Farming dragonite smores in drytop has to be the most inefficient fudge I have heard.

Pre-requisite; geodefarm, the work involved gets exponentially higher.

EotM, hell even the full worldboss chain will net you a reliable drop.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Is there a way of playing WITHOUT grinding dragonite?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I do all temples + karka a night for loots. And I delete 1 stack of dragonite daily.

So there’s that way.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Is there a way of playing WITHOUT grinding dragonite?

Yes, don’t do world bosses, take keeps in EotM, or open chests in Dry Top. And you’ll have no problem not getting Dragonite. Plus it’s only really used for Ascended crafting, and while weapons may be the better than exotics, the armor isn’t much better and really only NEEDED (and not even then) for high level fractals.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Were you responding seriously to my sarcasm?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I can’t understand. Do people craft ascended weapons every day to feel like they need to grind for dragonite ore ?

spoj.9672

I can’t understand. Do people craft ascended weapons every day to feel like they need to grind for dragonite ore ?

Players like me who have limited play time and dont enjoy zerging have a shortage. I only run dungeons and fractals unless im forced to grind for dragonite. I have all classes at 80 and its a huge grind to even kit out 3 characters in full ascended. And its not like i can just not bother. Seeing as i need ascended to do high fractals. Kind of makes no sense that you cant get ALL mats needed for ascended in the content that requires ascended.

tl;dr version
Dedicated fractal/dungeon runner who needs ascended for fractals. But cant get dragonite in fractals. GG.

Smooth Penguin.5294

You’re probably going to need a stack of Dragonite Ingots and Empyreal Stars for the upcoming Precursor crafting.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I wish I could give mine away, I don’t craft and have tons.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I see. Well kind off. It’s hard for me to really pretend that I completely understand because I always had more than enough.

I’d say : go in Dry Top. Or temple events. If you have 2-3 buddies, you can do Melandru, Lyssa and Dwayna fine by yourselves.

You’re probably going to need a stack of Dragonite Ingots and Empyreal Stars for the upcoming Precursor crafting.

Huh…Maybe I shouldn’t have thrown away those stacks back when I was doing temple events every week-ends with 5 characters.

spoj.9672

I’d say : go in Dry Top. Or temple events. If you have 2-3 buddies, you can do Melandru, Lyssa and Dwayna fine by yourselves.

Before the megaserver change we used to guest to Vabbi and solo/duo/small group temples. That not possible anymore (real shame because melandru and dwayna were some of the best bosses in the game and really fun solos). They are almost always done and when they arent there are 100 people scaling the events up. Dry Top is a nice change though. I just really hope we get dragonite in some repeatable instanced content eventually. Mainly fractals.