New year new content ?

New year new content ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xktzzz.7581

xktzzz.7581

As the title says, I do hope to have some real content this year and not just the same holiday’s mini games and some content that can be finished in a couple of hours and then never come back to…

If you really can’t add any new content at least:
- change/add/ bosses and their tactics in the dungeons
- add the possibility of dungeon skin purchase (at least a lil bit of color change here and there )
- player housing customization (like eye of the north had and more)

And if you can add some new REAL content after so much time would be real nice to have:

- at least 1 new continent (race/class/story/dungeons)
- new pvp modes
- UW/FOW/DOA would be nice additions for old players and new
- raids, really how many of the playerbase wouldn’t love this
- guild missions diversity in objectives and locations

Have a nice night,
xktzzz

New year new content ?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

New year new content ?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

As the title says, I do hope to have some real content this year and not just the same holiday’s mini games and some content that can be finished in a couple of hours and then never come back to…

If you really can’t add any new content at least:
- change/add/ bosses and their tactics in the dungeons
- add the possibility of dungeon skin purchase (at least a lil bit of color change here and there )
- player housing customization (like eye of the north had and more)

And if you can add some new REAL content after so much time would be real nice to have:

- at least 1 new continent (race/class/story/dungeons)
- new pvp modes
- UW/FOW/DOA would be nice additions for old players and new
- guild missions diversity in objectives and locations

Have a nice night,
xktzzz

As mentioned before raids and/or dungeons with our current gaming model are USELESS. People won’t play harder content if it gives the same rewards as the easy one.

If Anet gives better rewards with harder content then GW2 is going to drift away from the ‘’ultra casual’’ forumla that Anet has been working on to achieve. Also, it would be a miracle if Anet added an entire continent with an expansion because that has almost never happened before in any MMO. MMOs simply add areas with expansions, they arn’t supposed to add an entire continent.

New year new content ?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

MMO’s can and do add continents. Certainly WoW did when it added Outland, and more recently Draenor (well, technically it added a whole planet each time … or pieces of one in Outland’s case). Each consists of a number of zones. Hmm, Pandaria might count too, unless you call it just a large island.

I can’t speak to still other MMO’s having done this because no others have held my attention as long as WoW once did and GW2 now has.

But one thing I can say about ANet: they don’t design this game around what MMO’s are “supposed” to do. I may need to dig up Colin’s speech at an alpha demo to show the promised philosophy that so fired me up for this game like no other I’ve played.

New year new content ?

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

So much wishful thinking. At this point, I expect even less new content than we’ve gotten so far. 2014 gave us almost a whole 6 hours worth of new content. For 2015, I’m expecting maybe 3. Of that, 90% will be listening to unskippable dialogue from characters whom I dislike nearly as much as I do Trahearne.

Also expect more senseless redesigns! Then a six month long hiatus from any public forum from the devs while they pretend that everything is fine!

New year new content ?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

From comments from devs / CMs from different MMOs i would say 90-95%

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

New year new content ?

Posted by: xktzzz.7581

xktzzz.7581

“Also, it would be a miracle if Anet added an entire continent with an expansion because that has almost never happened before in any MMO "

Guild wars: factions, Guild wars: nightfall

“But one thing I can say about ANet: they don’t design this game around what MMO’s are “supposed” to do.”

But still, don’t just offer 3 hours of content with 0 freaking replayability every 3 weeks

“As mentioned before raids and/or dungeons with our current gaming model are USELESS. People won’t play harder content if it gives the same rewards as the easy one.”

More content overall with 2 types of difficulties ez mode(epic quality) and hardmode with better rewards (ascended with a small chance of precursors/legendaries drop)

New year new content ?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

So much wishful thinking. At this point, I expect even less new content than we’ve gotten so far. 2014 gave us almost a whole 6 hours worth of new content. For 2015, I’m expecting maybe 3. Of that, 90% will be listening to unskippable dialogue from characters whom I dislike nearly as much as I do Trahearne.

Also expect more senseless redesigns! Then a six month long hiatus from any public forum from the devs while they pretend that everything is fine!

Why are you even playing this game? You obviously don’t like it. Or is that that you do like the game, and you just hate not having everything you want right when you want it?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

New year new content ?

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Factions and Nightfall were not expansions

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

New year new content ?

stale.9785

Why are you even playing this game? You obviously don’t like it. Or is that that you do like the game, and you just hate not having everything you want right when you want it?

Andred, read my post history; I do like this game – quite a lot, actually. However, I am not blind to the fact that the devs have repeatedly made claims and not followed through with them. The potential they have here is staggering – with better management, this could easily be one of the best games ever made. As it is, they’re squandering the potential while desperately attempting to attract people who aren’t yet invested in the game, hoping to earn more money.

I’ve been around since the GW1 beta weekends. Read every announcement I could find about what the devs were doing. I bought collector edition’s of all 3 of the original games – twice, since I got them for my wife as well.

When they announced GW2, I read everything available, took part in every AMA that I could, and followed the development closely.

On release, we all saw the potential for greatness. I brought an entire alliance with me – nearly 600 people. I personally paid for a number of their accounts, since they weren’t in a position financially to be able to play.

Then, two months in, they released ascended to appease the game locusts – people that will burn through any content quickly, then leave. To this day, it’s a touchy subject on the forums – especially since it constituted a giant middle finger to the entire GW1 playerbase that funded the game. BIS will be easily available to everyone upon reaching max level. Right up until they introduce a new, grindy, PITA BIS.

GW1 was, at it’s core, a PvP game. It has what is still an amazing PvP system – very much like Magic: The Gathering, but in a computer game. Compared, GW2 has sorely neglected PvP, which plays almost as though it were an afterthought. The only sop they’re given is that nearly every skill balance is aimed at PvP – and rightly so.

WvWvW is an amazing concept, that has received almost no love. It’s stagnant, and that’s a shame. Were some simple balance steps taken, it could become a strategic fantasy warfare with no parallel. Instead, it’s been reduced to little more than the EOTM karma train. When armies do clash, there’s little strategy beyond “The biggest blob wins”.

New year new content ?

stale.9785

Continued:

Now we have PvE – the bread and butter of, essentially, the entire gaming industry. The world is beautiful, the movement and skills are amazing. The enemy AI is, well, pathetic. Combat itself is little more than “bash 1 repeatedly”.

Horizontal progression – what ought to be the be-all and end-all of the game, is little more than gemstore exclusive skins. With the exception of Mawdrey, there has been almost nothing released that can be acquired in-game that rivals what you can buy from the gemshop. This is the downfall of the gemstore system as opposed to boxed expansions.

Then we have the world itself – as I’ve said, it’s beautiful – literally a work of art. Camera and UI issues prevent anyone from actually being able to admire it properly, which the dev team is aware of, yet refuse to touch, because it would be either too hard, or confusing for new players.

Trait fiasco. There’s an enormous thread on the first page detailing exactly why it’s broken, and offering literally hundreds of ways to improve it. Instead, we have silence while Anet apparently sits waiting for the problem to go away by itself.

NPE – A redesign which casually assumes that we all have IQ’s lower than our shoe sizes, and worse yet, doesn’t allow veteran users to opt out. Again, there is a mega-thread about that, so I shouldn’t have to add detail here.

Lack of content. THIS is the killer. When they introduced the LS, the claim was that we would see an expansion’s worth of content, delivered via free updates, to keep players interested. Given that between the first two seasons, we received what is, being extremely generous, perhaps 10 hours of gameplay, it’s no wonder that many are upset. GW1 showed us exactly how much content Anet is capable of producing when they want to. Instead we’ve gotten, comparatively, nothing.

I can keep going on, but there’s really no point.

TL;DR It’s not that I dislike the game. You couldn’t be further from the truth. I like Guild Wars 2. I’m passionate about it. I want to love it. It’s very nearly painful to see something with this potential being wasted the way it is.

Rather like if Jimmy Hendrix was only ever permitted to play the triangle.

Later, eh?

Stale

New year new content ?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

@Stale when you say the devs repeatedly made claims and not followed through on them. How many are we actually talking about? Five? Six? Ten?

How many claims did they make that they did follow through on?

When I managed a store, I made thousands of decisions a week and if 10% of them were wrong, I was still considered a kitten good manager.

I don’t think anyone could be held to the standards that people try to hold developers too. I don’t think I could, anyway.

I don’t necessarily disagree with most of what you’ve said, but the implication that the devs have made all these promises or said all this stuff they haven’t delivered on is really just taking a handful of examples from hundreds of examples and trying to make them the rule.

New year new content ?

stale.9785

Vayne, it depends on how important the failures are. At the end of the day, that’s a personal judgement call. For me, the things they haven’t delivered drastically outweigh their successes.

It would be nice if their communication didn’t treat their customers like mushrooms. (For those who don’t know, that’s kept in the dark and fed on bull droppings).

(edited by stale.9785)

New year new content ?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Fun fact: A person can like a game and still greatly dislike aspects of it and recognize it’s issues. In fact the player who is 100% ok with everything, all the time, is the WORST player to listen to.

New year new content ?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

People should have been there when was WoW was released.
By this point, it had gotten fewer updates than GW2 and the first expansion was released over 2 years after release.

New year new content ?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

People should have been there when was WoW was released.
By this point, it had gotten fewer updates than GW2 and the first expansion was released over 2 years after release.

Yeah .. while EQ2 already got its third expansion .. and that with a much smaller team
than what Blizzard had (or at least could have with the money the earned)

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

New year new content ?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Vayne, it depends on how important the failures are. At the end of the day, that’s a personal judgement call. For me, the things they haven’t delivered drastically outweigh their successes.

It would be nice if their communication didn’t treat their customers like mushrooms. (For those who don’t know, that’s kept in the dark and fed on bull droppings).

I agree with the communication thing. I believe that Anet should communicate even stuff they’re working on that that’s not sure about.

But I don’t think the failures are as bad as people make them out to be. The NPE is all but a non-issue. The biggest issue I can see that really affects the game are traits. Everything else that was implemented is fine. Oh and the story not making sense due to the NPE.

But the personal story and the trait system is two things out of myriad things. I guess if you really don’t like the living story, you’d certainly have something to complain about, but I don’t think most people dislike the living story.

At the end of the day, all any MMO really becomes after you’ve beaten the content, is a list of things to do. I can find things to do, and I enjoy doing them. So I like the game. I think there are enough people who like as it stands to justify the game’s existence.

Changing the game to what other people like, could well alienate people who like it now. The trait system sort of did that for me. It took away part of my game.

But there’s still enough left that I’m enjoying that I just switched my priorities.