Next Elder Dragon?

Next Elder Dragon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

What Elder Dragon do you think is going to be next on our Hit list? I think it is Primordus. Because if the Inquest’s 6 Dragon Rooms are read clockwise he’s next in line.

AmateurNet

(edited by Nihilus.3015)

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

If the fight’s anything like the Zhaitan fight, I hope we don’t touch the other elder dragons. Leave them a little dignity.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: MystiQ.9648

MystiQ.9648

Jormag. He’s the most prominent in the story thus far compared to the other Dragons.
Kralkatorrik after that, then Primordus and lastly Deep Sea Dragon.
We’re not gonna see an expansions for each Dragon, as such some of these might be introduced in patches. Jormag for instance I believe will be patched in. And Primordus would and should be an expansion as I expect there to be Dwarves and alot of em.
So my guess is based on what’s more likely to be patched in rather than an expansion.
Could be Jormag → Primordus → Kralkatorrik → Deep Sea Dragon too if we’re going by a Patch → Expansion → Patch → Expansion kind of thought.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Primordus – AKA the first, it is far more likely that he will be the last.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I think Kralkatorrik will be the last. GW1 players and Destiny’s Edge all have a very personal grudge against him.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Its worth pointing out there are probably 6 dragons in total.

Next Elder Dragon?

MystiQ.9648

And how is this likely?

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I’d say Kralkatorrik first. There’s already a door (closed atm) next to Ascalon to go south, in the Crystal Desert where I think it is now. After the story Destiny’s Edge is reunited, so it would be logical that they would seek revenge in hunting down Kralkatorrik ASAP.

Next Elder Dragon?

MystiQ.9648

I’d say Kralkatorrik first. There’s already a door (closed atm) next to Ascalon to go south, in the Crystal Desert where I think it is now. After the story Destiny’s Edge is reunited, so it would be logical that they would seek revenge in hunting down Kralkatorrik ASAP.

Destiny’s Edge might have a grudge match. The Pact however I sincerely doubt give half a “kitten” about their grudges. The Pact already have a pretty large garrison dealing with Jormags minions.
Remember, it’s the Pact that’s the real story, Destiny’s Edge is merely a bi-story to fill in the dungeons.

Next Elder Dragon?

Nihilus.3015

If the fight’s anything like the Zhaitan fight, I hope we don’t touch the other elder dragons. Leave them a little dignity.

Yeah, they gotta design better epic end battles. Kinda sad that the most powerful things ever are being beaten with ease by us though.

AmateurNet

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

That would probably really depend on what area they want to add next. My guess: Kralkatorrik, as we allready have the Indotrina.. eh, Branded in game

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Cirth.1543

Cirth.1543

This would be hard to tell as well interesting. Id like to see both Jormag and Kralkatorrik. Jormag since the Pact has a foothold on his territory. Though it would be nice to have Kralkatorrik next since we would be getting more info about Glint and how she escape from Kralkatorrik’s grasp.
As well her offspring and (spoiler alert if you haven’t read the book) I don’t remember if one of the Destiny’s Edge members grabbed it or not and take it with them. Glint gave them a spear that could kill Kralkatorrik and maybe the other Elder Dragons. If no one picked it up that would mean it’s still in the Crystal Desert, which could be very useful in the upcoming battles.

Next Elder Dragon?

Nihilus.3015

This would be hard to tell as well interesting. Id like to see both Jormag and Kralkatorrik. Jormag since the Pact has a foothold on his territory. Though it would be nice to have Kralkatorrik next since we would be getting more info about Glint and how she escape from Kralkatorrik’s grasp.
As well her offspring and (spoiler alert if you haven’t read the book) I don’t remember if one of the Destiny’s Edge members grabbed it or not and take it with them. Glint gave them a spear that could kill Kralkatorrik and maybe the other Elder Dragons. If no one picked it up that would mean it’s still in the Crystal Desert, which could be very useful in the upcoming battles.

The Arah Explorable Path Forgotten tells you how Glint was freed from Kralkatorrik.

AmateurNet

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

if Deep Sea Dragon involves underwater combat in it’s current state I might just shoot myself in the face.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Jordan.6157

Jordan.6157

Elder Dragon fights need to be insanely hard. Enough said.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Cirth.1543

Cirth.1543

The Arah Explorable Path Forgotten tells you how Glint was freed from Kralkatorrik.

Actually it doesn’t all that path tells you is that they help glint get her freedom.

Next Elder Dragon?

Nihilus.3015

Actually it doesn’t all that path tells you is that they help glint get her freedom.

It does, and it tells you how. And its even tested in the end on a chicken. The Chicken gets freed from Zhaitans power like Glint from Kralkatorrik’s.

AmateurNet

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

You want more? Zhaitan wasn’t epic enough for you?

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Questalace.8506

Questalace.8506

If it has a logical progression I doubt Jormag would be the first to go as they don’t know where it is but also it poses no more tactical gain than “One less elder dragon”, Even if its minions are generally stronger and therefore pose more of a threat. BUT Kralkatorrik on the other hand is also blocking passage, according to the wiki, into Elona and by destroying Kralkatorrik they may gain what, perhaps little, possible allies and trade there is to be had from Elona.

On the other hand I would say Primordus is potentially the most dangerous and lucrative elder dragon to “Off” because of this:
“After its awakening, its minions, the destroyers, flooded the Depths of Tyria, crushing any hopes the asura had of returning to their natural home. Many of the remaining dwarves, now creatures of stone, stand watch at entrances to the Depths, ensuring that Primordus’ minions never reach the surface. Others traveled into the caverns to do battle directly with Primordus and its servants. Primordus has remained underneath the surface since its awakening, clearing huge tracts of the underground regions, which forced more races, such as the skritt, to flee from the Depths. As a result of its activities, the minions of Primordus can be found almost anywhere on the surface.” – GW2 Wiki

And thus shows certain, possible, allies and the very foundations of Tyria are being weakened by this dragon.

That is my guess anyway

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

And how is this likely?

Zhaitan, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Primordus, Bubbles… I don’t think a 6th is entirely out of the question.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

And how is this likely?

This is a very minor spoiler since you can find out about it from talking to an generic scholar on the way into the Durmond Priory.

Jotun and Dwarven legends speak of six ‘swallowers’ when refering to when the dragons awoke last. The Jotun and the Dwarves were two of the races that fought the EDs last cycle. This was back when the Jotun were civilised and advanced, not the cave dwellers they are today.

Going into more detail would require substantially bigger spoilers.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: The Bacon Bard.3586

The Bacon Bard.3586

I cast my vote on Jormag, only because of the large Pact activity working around him. The Kodan also make more noise about Jormag.

People mention expansions for other dragons and I like that thinking. A lot of the map is not open yet, from the rest of Maguuma to the rest of the deserts.

Yes I’m biased, I’m a norn and made one just to fight Jormag.

So many alts…

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

make a dragon version of that large shark boss. i was swimming around its area when the DE started, and when i looked down from the water surface, i wet myself and swam back to shore.

hybrid dragon shark would win. it would also have a laser on top of its head.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

I cast my vote on Jormag, only because of the large Pact activity working around him. The Kodan also make more noise about Jormag.

People mention expansions for other dragons and I like that thinking. A lot of the map is not open yet, from the rest of Maguuma to the rest of the deserts.

Yes I’m biased, I’m a norn and made one just to fight Jormag.

I think it will be Jormag as well.

I have not been through all the zones in GW2. But going through Human, Charr and Norn zones has really made me think that Jormag will be the next fight!

Jormag is just simply putting out too much influence in the Norn zones. Unlike the rest of the world where no other dragon(that is NOT in the game) that exerts so much influence.

I think the writing is on the wall as they say.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Xanidus.3865

Xanidus.3865

There are likely six, the crucible of eternity’s chambers lead me to believe there is a jungle dragon. That being said my money is on Jormag for the next dragon… thatkittenwaypoint in northwest frostgorge sound is a greeaaaat point to expand from!

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Nightsong.5973

Nightsong.5973

Next Elder Dragon, who knows… but there are a lot of hints in the game that point towards either Jormag or Primordus.

Jormag: The Kodan and the Norn both have a huge grudge against this Elder Dragon since it drove both of them south.

Primordus: Asura (and many other subterranean races) were forced to the surface and probably want to reclaim their homelands. Also, the Tengu mention that the minions of Primordus have shown up in the Dominion of the Winds (their capital city).

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Shifted.6912

Shifted.6912

Kralkatorrik and Jormag, there’s so much more references to them in the game compared to the other dragons. Then it’s Bubbles, “out of nowhere”, and Primordius as the biggest, baddest of em all at the end.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Going to say Jormag next. It’s just plausible considering the amount of foundation they’ve put in. The only other 70-80 zone aside from Orr is the Frostgorge Sound, where you fight Jormag’s lieutenant. Isn’t that obvious enough that they’re setting the foundation for Jormag?

Primordius is going to be the last, I’d assume. He was the first to be introduced, and the most powerful from the way he was described in the lore and from the first game.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: kelisidin.7184

kelisidin.7184

And how is this likely?

Zhaitan, Jormag, Kralkatorrik, Primordus, Bubbles… I don’t think a 6th is entirely out of the question.

You’re wrong. There’s more one dragon Mordremoth. We already killed 2 dragons – Zhaitan and Mordremoth. And now there are 4 dragons – Bubble, Jormag, Primordus and Kralkatorrik.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think Primordus since it seems logical as he was the one who inspired the Rata Novans to research elder dragons in the first place.

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

And how is this likely?

You’re wrong. There’s more one dragon Mordremoth. We already killed 2 dragons – Zhaitan and Mordremoth. And now there are 4 dragons – Bubble, Jormag, Primordus and Kralkatorrik.

3 year old post.

You replied to a 3 yo post.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

And how is this likely?

3 year old post.

You replied to a 3 yo post.

That’s just amazing. And he was wrong apparently. For 3 years I believed…

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

kralkatorrik calling it now

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

EDIT: oh, 3 years old post? haha, somebody is a mighty strong necro …lol
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
You didn’t pay attention when they teased about the future content, did you?
Citation:
“Within the golden city of Tarir, the last known dragon egg rests protected by the Exalted—but the egg begins to crack. What creature lies within the egg? An enemy or an ally? In other corners of Tyria, the remaining powerful elder dragons continue to expand their control—but what impact will the death of the two of the elder dragons have on them and on Tyria itself?”
Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/state-of-the-game-update-q1-2016/

Basically, to understand the situation:
1. elder dragons are natural source of regulating the magic in Tyria. If there are no dragon at all, the magic can crack the world or something.

2. as there is only 4 dragons left, and the portion of magic that was being consumed by the 2 dead dragons is now back in the leylines, 4 remaining dragons have a lot more food. Thus, the more dragons we kill, the stronger the remaining ones will become. Maybe we will have to kill more of them at once.

3. dragons are sentient being and they see that they are being threatened by us. They will become more aggressive, an MAYBE they will start to cooperate.

4. the dragon egg will for sure be our ally, and it will be the only way how to resume the normal flow of magic. I think we will have to breed new dragons and teach them friendship and coexistence….basically the stuff that can’t be achieved…ever….but okay.

5. Once we kill of Primordus and Jormag, and therefore unlock many more areas on the world map, we will move down to that Elonian desert with crystally-dragon. Afterwards we will get some news about Catha and the fact that Bubbles is locking them out from any contact with continent and that we have to save them. When that will be done, GW2 content can finally shift to something interesting like breaking up of the 5-race alliance, fighting Gods, or whatever.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Taigen Raine.8752

Taigen Raine.8752

Aww ‘snap’, ‘Krakl’ needs ’pop’ped. But really, Shattererer got an upgrade, so makes sense that the story could be going that direction. Plus, Old Icy is only bothering the Norn, and does anyone really care about them? Also, spoilery reasons point towards Kralky, won’t say more on that.

(edited by Taigen Raine.8752)

Next Elder Dragon?

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Well, several story characters ranted about how Mordremoth is stronger than Zaithan and we still kind of owned him, maybe the dragons will take a hint and gang up?