Next Expansion Elite Specs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

So as many of you know the next expansion’s elite specs have been leaked. I would like to hear what you all think about this, and what elite specs you like and which ones you think could have been different.

In addition, I also thought i would have some fun and post what I would like to see in the expansion after this upcoming one. I know it is really REALLY early to start thinking about those prospects but hey, maybe someone at Anet might read this and think it is a good idea! (when I say stances I mean abilities that make you either move faster, withstand more damage, regenerate energy and/or health faster, etc.)

Elite specializations:

Warrior: Sentinel (melee spear, Traps, shoulder armor skin; more evasive but less burst damage than the great sword; closing the gap)

Guardian: Inquisitor (daggers, stances, shoulder armor skin; main hand melee and off-hand ranged)

Revenant: Savior (greatsword, signets, shoulder armor skin; Turai build)

Ranger: Warden (shield or spear, stances, helmet skin; if shields, then cc. if spear then a mix of great sword burst damage and sword/dagger evasion; you can have three pets to rotate through instead of two)

Thief: Headhunter (throwing axes, stances, glove skin; throw axes off hand and pull enemies in for lethal mainland attacks, third skill is spin to win that deals pure armor ignoring damage)

Engineer: Bulwark (mace, signets, glove skin; pretty self explainatory)

Elementalist: Shaman (greatsword, tomes, gloves; wards that deal elemental damage and conditions depending on the ward you are using)

Necromancer: Witchdoctor (sword, tomes, shoulder skin; sacrifice your health to deal armor ignoring damage; shroud becomes a horde of ghouls)

Mesmer: Bard (warhorn, shouts, head piece; aoe support and illusions that can buff allies and remove conditions based on which utility illusion you are using)

What do you think?

(edited by Dragon.4782)

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

why give the classes underwater weps they already have?

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

Dragon.4782

why give the classes underwater weps they already have?

It is to make them terrestrial weapons! Spears in particular have been a very popular request to be made a terrestrial weapon and I think it would be awesome to implement spears as land weapons. I mean think of all the acrobatic maneuvers and mechanics they could use for this!

Posted by: linium.6042

linium.6042

I was hoping for something diferent for mesmer

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I was hoping for a Spear-on land weapon for either Warrior or Guardian, as Paragon ES or Lancer ES.
But NOPE...!!
I was so sad to see none will get a Spear weapon now that we’re heading to Elona.

I really wanted to Spear (spear+shield or just longspear) would have make it to this expansion, specially Paragon... it’s just meh to me now..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Dragon.4782

I was hoping for a Spear-on land weapon for either Warrior or Guardian, as Paragon ES or Lancer ES.
But NOPE…!!
I was so sad to see none will get a Spear weapon now that we’re heading to Elona.

I really wanted to Spear (spear+shield or just longspear) would have make it to this expansion, specially Paragon… it’s just meh to me now..

I agree I am upset that we aren’t getting land spears, but I think our time in Elona might open up the door to having land spears in the expansion that follows this next one!

Dragon.4782

I was hoping for something diferent for mesmer

What did you have in mind? Although, a Mesmer with an axe does seem pretty interesting.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I was also hoping for a polearm weapon added for warrior and guardian. seraph guards in lake doric have them so why not us. we’re bffs with logan after all.

Attachments:

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Why do so many people want a bard class so bad?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Dragon

Guardian: Inquisitor (daggers, stances, shoulder)

You’re really not giving much input for what you wish to see. In this example, you’re saying you’d like to see Guardian use dagger (is that main or off-hand, I don’t think you get both), stance skills (described in general above), and shoulder — whatever that means?

You didn’t give any indication of what that Elite looks like. Are the dagger skills off-hand and thrown? Main hand and melee? Is this a power or condi build or something else entirely, such as stab your allies in the back to heal them? Tossing out there weapons for elites but providing no insight doesn’t give a dev much to work with.

What do stances look like for an Inquisitor compared to a warrior? What makes them unique to an inquisitor? Again, generalizations can lead to disappointment when you find out that “cool! anet’s making an Inquisitor” but then discover it is nothing at all like you imagined.

And… Shoulders. No idea what that even means.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Dragon

Guardian: Inquisitor (daggers, stances, shoulder)

You’re really not giving much input for what you wish to see. In this example, you’re saying you’d like to see Guardian use dagger (is that main or off-hand, I don’t think you get both), stance skills (described in general above), and shoulder — whatever that means?

You didn’t give any indication of what that Elite looks like. Are the dagger skills off-hand and thrown? Main hand and melee? Is this a power or condi build or something else entirely, such as stab your allies in the back to heal them? Tossing out there weapons for elites but providing no insight doesn’t give a dev much to work with.

What do stances look like for an Inquisitor compared to a warrior? What makes them unique to an inquisitor? Again, generalizations can lead to disappointment when you find out that “cool! anet’s making an Inquisitor” but then discover it is nothing at all like you imagined.

And… Shoulders. No idea what that even means.

Getting both Off-hand and Main Hand may be possible now for Elite Spec.

Leaks hinted that Warrior maybe getting a main/off hand Dagger elite spec as a example but for now that is just speculation based on the leak info.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

At launch we had two classes that never got released. The first being Commando which every knows won’t happen due to tech. The second is the minstrel that later revealed itself to be the Mesmer.

A Bard and a Minstrel are more or less the same and the reason it’s so requested is because Anet put the idea out to begin with and it stuck.

As for the elites that were leaked I’m fine with them the Axe for Mesmer is rather weird what with Mesmers being the duelist class. An axe isn’t something you’d usually duel with after all. The Mesmer needed another melter option so it’s alright. What I’d like is an overhaul for the core classes however since if these new ones might be another power creep then base Mesmer will fall even farther behind and other so will the other core classes.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

At launch we had two classes that never got released. The first being Commando which every knows won’t happen due to tech. The second is the minstrel that later revealed itself to be the Mesmer.

A Bard and a Minstrel are more or less the same and the reason it’s so requested is because Anet put the idea out to begin with and it stuck.

Hate to tell you, the Bard and Commando classes were april fool’s jokes. They were never seriously intended as classes.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Hate to tell you, the Bard and Commando classes were april fool’s jokes. They were never seriously intended as classes.

In no way shape or form was that even the point of my post.

It’s an idea and an idea doesn’t go away it was Anet that instilled that idea. For instance Mists of Pandaria originally started off as an April Fools joke. Which created the idea which instilled itself in the minds of the playerbase and grew.

The point is Anet created the idea which sparked the thought that powers desire leading to the current situation.

(edited by Doam.8305)

Posted by: Arzurag.7506

Arzurag.7506

Necromancer:Witchdoctor

Well, I would be highly disappointed if this would happen.
We have already some kind of a witchdoctor with the necromancer, at least some skills resemble those of a witchdoctor.
Therefore I´m gonna add my wish for the third expansion.

Necromancer:The Demonologist
(an example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Elite-spec-The-Demonologist-Torch-Glamours/first#post6309387 )

You´ve heard right,

Let´s get rid off Grenth, all hail the mighty Abbadon.

Walking’s good, fighting’s better, fcking’s best

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

As for the elites that were leaked I’m fine with them the Axe for Mesmer is rather weird what with Mesmers being the duelist class. An axe isn’t something you’d usually duel with after all. The Mesmer needed another melter option so it’s alright. What I’d like is an overhaul for the core classes however since if these new ones might be another power creep then base Mesmer will fall even farther behind and other so will the other core classes.

I promise you that isn’t the reason. Every single RPG I have played, literally every one, people have begged the devs for a bard class for no reason. They go nuts over it, yet Anet is, to my knowledge, the only company to ever tease the concept. So being teased over it is not at all why people are so obsessed with playing a bard.

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

Never mind, reading comprehension ftw.

(edited by Tyncale.1629)

Dragon.4782

Necromancer:Witchdoctor

Well, I would be highly disappointed if this would happen.
We have already some kind of a witchdoctor with the necromancer, at least some skills resemble those of a witchdoctor.
Therefore I´m gonna add my wish for the third expansion.

Necromancer:The Demonologist
(an example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Elite-spec-The-Demonologist-Torch-Glamours/first#post6309387 )

You´ve heard right,

Let´s get rid off Grenth, all hail the mighty Abbadon.

I can actually see that: necromancers with swords and glamors! I SHOULD GIVE YOU A COOKIE!

Dragon.4782

Well a support/group healer and buff and condition remover Mesmer would be pretty useful especially in raids and group events!