Next Expansion Suggestions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I know alot of people really are hoping for a new race like TENGU or Kodans or that other weird race with butterfly wings? I hope we get one. And i have some ideas that might work well together.

1. [RACE] – The most likely possible addition. Players have been wanting this for a long while. Would have probably fit better with the new profession Reverant imo, but i understand it might not of gone well with the lore. Tengu – i think the wire frame for Charr (or have been told by others) fits the same or is very close and might be easier wrapping all the armor and weps to this model.

2. A new crafting profession [FARMING] – It could require all new “seeds” to plant to level the profession and rare/exotic/ascended would all take longer to grow. Exotic & Ascended could be rare drops from from foraging plants in the Hot maps/ Orr/ and any new maps introduced(or just the new ones? idk) Think of flax fiber from flax plants. Ascended seeds might be rare drops like that or anet could tweak the drop rate.

3. And with the new Farming profession they could add [Ascended CHEF/COOK] to 500! making the food items more valuable on the TP? or having 4 stat combos instead of just 2 and possibly longer times they are active. For instance Ascended (450-500 or 500) could have 4 stats and last 2 hours and possible 5th stat of karma. While new 400-450 would have 4stats but last30 m? (Things to play with.) I know “Farming” might not be the game mode some of the player bas who are solely into combat may want, And i don’t know about Anet plans, but i know i’ve been wanting this for a while, which leads me to my 3rd idea.

4. [PLAYER HOUSING] Anet has never said they were ever going to do this (i know- haters stop here) Because we already have instanced personal homes. Non instanced housing probably is a server issue currently. but since they doubled Scribing objects that can be placed one would figure with maybe different coding and buying another Xpac in order to have non instacnced housing, this problem maybe could be worked out? People want to be able to decorate their own homes not just guild halls. And they’ve wanted this since the release of GW2. Other games have it. Other games had gliding/ flying and eventually in a new Xpac we finally got it too so who knows what is possible. I think a massive game like GW2 is perfect for a bigger sandbox environment.
And with player housing you could have farming on your house plot. Housing could be instanced maps like villages multiple homes together or just zoned maps specifically for housing and minor mobs or things. Instanced by me server possibly? same party rules apply to visit other home servers?

5. [WOODWORKING] (crafting profession for personal housing) to be able to build furniture for your home(might also be for building the home and foundation?). Another crafting discipline that could also sell their goods on the TP (not be soulbound). The game could add all new nodes for this profession or use existing ones.
(woodworking license bought from gemstore if uninstanced housing? who knows how this might be implemented.)

6. [LORE HUNT] an ingame scavenger hunt, lore based fun for people that like to explore maps more and discover new things. They could add sea caves and hidden areas to existing maps for people to discover. Riddles to solve to guide you in the right direction. (I myself have made several scavenger hunts for our guild and could imagine a cross over of questing/archeology of other games/map exploration(players that look for glitches)/Role playing lore/skritts seeking treasure fun! kind of hunt.)

these are all just ideas. I wonder what you all think?

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, the Devs did say housing was coming, way back around release. They said it would come with Guild Halls, but, obviously, that did not pan out.

Posted by: Daxaj.9276

Daxaj.9276

Shiverpeaks or Crystal Deserts.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

To Vabbi!

and 15 more char

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Most stuff mentioned here is stuff, that I personally would expect from a Feature Pack Update how anet made them in the earlier years.
Anet is already way too long overdue with it to add finally also too Chef and Jeweler 500 to make finally their Ascended Job System COMPLETE.

This game needs again new features, and improvements to existing content, that completely hype the people, which draw in new players to the game and that are strong argumnets to buy the expansion.
With expectable Feature pack stuff won’t you reach this, it must be better features and thigns provided by the next expansions, things, that are really worth it to be put into an expansion. Stuff like:

- New Elite Specializations for each Class
- New PvP Modes with new Maps (GvG, Heros Ascent, Codex Arena, Last Man Standing ect pp)
- New 3rd WvW Map that is sea based for the return of Underwater Combat, including Naval Battles on Ships
- Reduction of Hearts and turning alot of them into Adventures/ adding of alot of new Adventures to explore to give peopel also for the old maps new things to explore and play
- Intoduction of finally a Build Template System that lets players change out builds, weapons, upgrades and all that stuff within a few seconds per simple clicks on their saved up “Builds”, making PvE and WvW same as easy to handle in regard of this as like PvP, where you can change out these thigns already since release of the game a bit easier than in the other modes, because of havign there nearly everythign directly unlocked but a few exeptions so that PvP also provides a tiny gold sink
- New Guild Halls, because the two that we have so far are both UGLY AS F peep and are not, what I’d expect from a Guild Hall to be like. I’d love to get back onto some beautiful tropical islands and such, like guild halls were in GW1 on instanced islands, whose styles were quickly and easily changeable, if you wanted your place to look different, it wasn’t all bonded to such a terrible tedious grind, like here in GW2 which has been designed over the last 2 years more and more to Grind Wars 2, than anything else, despite the desperate hopeless tries to reduce the grind every now and then in between…
- More new Maps for Stronghold PvP, can’t be that they add a good new PvP mode, and do it then for such long time with only 1 single map >.> and adding alot more interesting and good thought out lore based Hero NPCs. There are so many wonderful characters, that could be used as interesting Stronghold Heros with their unique powers and skills to make the whole stronghold concept in itself more appealing. Personally I’d go also so far to say, that the Hero Gameplay should be added in some kind of way also into WvW, because when these heros can be used in strongholds in the mist, why shouldnt these heros not make also appearances in some kind of way in WvW too to make battles more interesting. these kind of npcs would be at least far more interesting, than these ugly boring charr generals that all do the same borign stuff only ….

- New Fractal Types instead of letting Fractals be always the same boring repeatable stuff, they should look also finally more into the concept and add more depths to it by providign new Fractal Types with different gameplay mechanics, than always the same 5 person group play stuff.
Add for example Heroic Fractals, that are designed like the Bonus Mission Packs from GW1, where you replay historical lore moments of the game as some kind of other character with unique character based skills for these fractals, that either solo or as a group – my best example i’d love to see and replay in such a Fractal as a groupd was always to replay the story from Ghosts of Ascalon, and/or the other 2 GW2 novel books, but most likely GoA, because of its own iconic hero characters
Or Fractals, that work similar like Raids, where you go out with a big group of like 15-20 peopel to go hunt for some huge game of monsters and fight as such a grpoup agaisnt hordes of enemies in epic battles , just to see, how long you can survive.
Or Fractals that are designed like Dungeon Crawlers, which ARE EVERYTIME YOU ENTER THEM, different, like for example a 100 floor tower, that has on every xx fllors different environments and enemies, which has on every xx floor some strong bosses waiting on you, that need to be defeated to be able ti climb up the tower higher, which becomes also more and more rewarding, so higher you get, but naturaly also more dangerous slowly over the floors that you reach

example. think of an improved 100 floor Tower of Nightmares to explore as a Fractal Crawler, that woudl be somethign I’d call FUN!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I wouldn’t mind an Xpac that is released in full instead of in tiny little chunks for 2 years.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

I wouldn’t mind an Xpac that is released in full instead of in tiny little chunks for 2 years.

People would blast through it like everything else and then claim content drought for a few years. Can’t tell you how many people had all the specialization rewards in the first week or so.