Next expac is Cantha!

Next expac is Cantha!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Im on my phone so trying thé best i can to add thé pic, but here’s thé pic from a Cantha boat, thé design is thé same as thé one on thé new living story thing so yeah.. thoughts?

Attachments:

-Sâmbuca

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Iron.4372

Iron.4372

I can bet, that this is Orrian building – but there are two directions from continent – you can take a road on the left from Cursed Shore, or you can go through Straits of Devastation – you have even Sea of Elon there. So there are two possibilities – Elona or Cantha

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Elona seems the more likely option.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

yup will be elona, Illconceived Was Na.9781 already posted where that map is from

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s a boat like that in Lion’s Arch harbour, it’s part of the Troll’s Revenge jumping puzzle.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Yeah, we’re not going to Cantha. Sorry.

But… it appears we’re not going to deal with Braham, either. Good. Maybe we can have an expansion without most of the Scooby Gang, and find a more useful crew to replace the dead weight members.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

But… it appears we’re not going to deal with Braham, either. Good. Maybe we can have an expansion without most of the Scooby Gang, and find a more useful crew to replace the dead weight members.

Yes, like the pain in the kitten, whiny Braham. Let’s replace him with Canach!

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The ship is indeed of Canthan design, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to Cantha. At best we get to see a ship that was sent from Cantha, at worst it’s just a Zephyrite ship.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

The ship is indeed of Canthan design, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to Cantha. At best we get to see a ship that was sent from Cantha, at worst it’s just a Zephyrite ship.

Ooh there used to be canthan refugees, but zhaitan stopped all ships passing and eventually people from cantha stopped trying which is why none have showed up since he died. But what if one that crashed somehow on the far side of Orr survived? At least a small update on cantha that could only be so many years outdated if it comes from live people

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Crashed Canthan ship on the coast of Orr?? That’s a great idea!

I imagine something like this: We’ll get a report from some Pact member, that there’s a ship that crashed on the northern coast in Orr, and a Pact squad found them and helped them build a base for the survivors. And our character may say: “Wow! Let’s go there and talk to them! And after that I may stop in Arah and try to find something about Balthazar.”

From this we may get:
- a very valuable info about Cantha (or maybe southern Elona if that ship is from there?)
- a view of (partially, I guess) cleansed Orr
- something cool in Arah that may get us info about Balthazar and lead us to Elona

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I imagine something like this: We’ll get a report from some Pact member, that there’s a ship that crashed on the northern coast in Orr, and a Pact squad found them and helped them build a base for the survivors. And our character may say: “Wow! Let’s go there and talk to them! And after that I may stop in Arah and try to find something about Balthazar.”

From this we may get:
- a very valuable info about Cantha (or maybe southern Elona if that ship is from there?)
- something cool in Arah that may get us info about Balthazar and lead us to Elona

Yup fantastic chance for story and helps with the adding repeatable hearts in a region where nobody lives except military forces

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

While agreed, the ship looks canthan, I think its a bit farfetched to assume were going to cantha. I mean, its just a ship, its not like there were no canthans jn tyria.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Reminds me of when I quit GW1 when Factions came out.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Never take a loading screen or art work as proof of a theory. By your logic OP, we should have polarms because of the timberland falls loading screen.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Taimi, Scruffy 2.0. A few others have done cameos so we will have to see what the ep6 story brings. Interesting we are supposed to be forming a new gang but for most of the season the only constant besides us has been Taimi. Maybe do a star trek RP and give her the title of subcommander?

Next expac is Cantha!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Interesting we are supposed to be forming a new gang but for most of the season the only constant besides us has been Taimi.

First, the PC only recently finished inviting people to the new group. Second, Even the Scooby Gang split up frequently, to get things done.

I don’t particularly like the way that part of the story is being told (especially Braham’s refusal — I can accept that he’s bitter, but the dialogue was clunky rather than realistically awkward). However, it’s consistent with how people put together small groups. It takes time to organize.

Next expac is Cantha!

Amaimon.7823

Im actually surprised we didnt chase after Braham. I mean, we just established that the death of another dragon can mean catastrophical cataclysm, and we have a potentially knocked out Jormag with a begrudged Norn wielding magical arrows. If I was the commander, I’d order a maim on sight on Braham, kill on sight if he resists. Despite the rogue Balthazar, Braham is the next biggest threat to all life on tyria at the moment.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Other than the teaser image, what other hints has ANET dropped to suggest that we’d be going to Cantha?

Next expac is Cantha!

Amaimon.7823

Other than the teaser image, what other hints has ANET dropped to suggest that we’d be going to Cantha?

None, only a 47 page thread on why were not going to cantha

Next expac is Cantha!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“What hints has ANet dropped to suggest we’d be going to Cantha”
fixed that for you

(The teaser image has been ruled out as a Cantha-specific hint.)

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i bet that when ANet decides to go to cantha, Living storywill be all about the tengus/avicaras requesting help to the pact commander

And then only after that it will be a expantion with cantha based.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Atonement.8021

Atonement.8021

While I do think it might be quite unlikely, I wouldn’t completely write off the idea of going to Cantha – as people have mentioned Elona makes more sense in terms of the Elder Dragon story as it’s highly likely Kralkattorik resides in that direction (if you believe the map art), however for me Tengu are the elephant in the room a bit here. We’ve increasingly seen them cropping up in game and adding a new race with the next xpac would be a very popular move with a lot of people – plus we know they’ve already done more work on Tengu than many other races from dev comments. And the obvious connection between Tengu and Cantha means I really don’t think this is as much of a write off as people are saying.

EDIT: Of course there were the junundu models in game not that long ago which is another pointer towards Elona of course

(edited by Atonement.8021)

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

As much as I enjoyed Factions, and would like to see more about the Tengu, I for one am not all that interested in going to Cantha. There are tons of quality storylines yet to be tapped even by just pushing back the fog of war on the current map. Janthir, and the Blood Homelands, the Far Shiverpeaks, the area north of DR, Destroyer tunnels under Kryta connecting to the bottom of the Crown Pavilion…

Next expac is Cantha!

Amaimon.7823

Cantha
Xenophobic state of Tyria

Currently ruled by.. as the people would believe it, the empress, but those who avoid the cities and the fields know the truth. The ministry of Purity is the real leader. Scaelatha, the elder dragon of the depths, has send her nightmares to divide the seas. She corrupted the heads of the ministry of Purity, and through them, controls the nation. An entire nation that serves the elder dragon.. willingly, a prize the others only dreamt of. The few kittenist, and flee, will be cut off at the borders, or caught in the wild by Scaelatha’s champion; Zhu Hanuku, whose jade sea has melted, and without the spear to burden its awakening, has recovered to its full strength.

And the few who do dare to escape by sea.. they will truly learn what horrors sleep in the depths of the ocean, no, staying in the city, and server the Empress, far less terrifying

Next expac is Cantha!

Posted by: eyelogix.1654

eyelogix.1654

From this we may get:

Could be related to the next LS season, but we will once it hit after the expansion.