Next xpac discussion

Next xpac discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Let’s discuss the next xpac here. What will be in it? What will the theme be? What new specializations? New Raids? New enemies? New legendaries?

Only constructive arguments please. Don’t let your fantasy go to wild.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

I don’t care.
Not pre-purchasing it or buying it untill one important sylvari shows up and they make HoT story complete
Why buying next expansion when first one is incomplete?

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Invekt Told.8053

Invekt Told.8053

Mmmhh… I hope its jormag and the far shiverpeaks but at tze same point i do kitten it to be jormag because im working on a map concept for a far shiverpeaks map :I
I think there will be a whole new set of masteries and also new specializations. I think there will be a new raid or/and new dungeons . Legies maybe.
I dont now if this is a lot of constructive but thats what I think

Invekt Told

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I expect that the Sylvari will continue to tell me that “everything has a right to grow,” while simultaneously requiring me to kill stuff.

Other than that I hate to speculate only ‘cause that leads to dashed hopes and expectations. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised.

~EW

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

New Legendary weapons! This time for real. Right? (Exclusive to new expansion, of course.)

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I expect that the Sylvari will continue to tell me that “everything has a right to grow,” while simultaneously requiring me to kill stuff.

Other than that I hate to speculate only ‘cause that leads to dashed hopes and expectations. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised.

~EW

The next expansion will have the sylvari NPC quote changed to “Less violets, more violence.”

The Dragon we will slay will be the Trading Post Dragon, animated in game by John Smith himself. The reward for slaying him will be one mangled claw, worth 5 copper.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

New Legendary weapons! This time for real. Right? (Exclusive to new expansion, of course.)

But they didn’t finish with HoT legendaries so why you guys even discuss about next expac? They should complete the content of HoT first, lol from that logic

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I almost want them to charge us again for legendary weapons if only to see the beautiful rage it would cause.

What I want:
At least 8 maps. Half of them can be meta event maps like HoT, but the others should be more based around single events and promote exploration by having having a lower density of enemies (something in line with how the current Orr maps are would be nice IMO).

A story that takes longer than 5 hours to complete and isn’t nonsensical.

Build upon the existing systems. Please don’t add a bunch of new things. I know they say HoT is providing the building blocks for future expansions, but I given their track record of making new things and then abandoning them, I won’t believe this until I see it.

If they do continue with the mastery system (and I really hope they do since it has a lot of potential), don’t just use it to gate off content and impede exploration. You said you didn’t want to increase the level cap, but that’s essentially what this is only you put the new skills and stats into the Elite Specs.

Way more armor sets.

As far as mechanical difficulty of the various enemies, I think HoT did a great job. Keep it there.

New Fractals and dungeons.

More elite specs, but please don’t make them direct upgrades to the others.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

~EW

The next expansion will have the sylvari NPC quote changed to “Less violets, more violence.”

The Dragon we will slay will be the Trading Post Dragon, animated in game by John Smith himself. The reward for slaying him will be one mangled claw, worth 5 copper.

Shhhhh. Spoilers, man… spoilers!

Also, if you leak this kind of stuff how am I supposed to unload all the John Smith minis and shield skins on the TP before they become easily obtainable?

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

If it has more salad story line i’ll give it a miss honestly..

And to be honest the lack of open world pve content, how much grind/padding has been added to the game and how the content was gated behind masteries, also how hard the game has become is a negative factors in my purchasing as well.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: wrathmagik.3518

wrathmagik.3518

Ditch the 3D multi layered crap of HOT.

Thats my only wish for the next xpac.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Funny: OP: “constructive talk only pls”
First commenter: “I don’t care what is is”

Anyway, I speculate so much and get so deep, I’ll just say this: woodland cascades pleeeeeeeeeease

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Ditch the 3D multi layered crap of HOT.

Thats my only wish for the next xpac.

This. Please no more SuperMarioWars2.
Improve the story. Do not copy and paste the original story for a third time.
New maps that are actually fun from the start, not only after you master this or that.
Tengu.
Less gating.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

We can only guess and it’s too soon to guess, so at least here’s what I want:

• At least 8 new maps
  • Story that is as long as Zhaitan’s arc
  • New race – Tengu
  • New elite specs and specifically an engi elite spec that actually has elite mechanics that changes its playstyle
  • New masteries
  • New legendaries that are finished with the release of expac (how about the rest of the 16)
  • New fractals, let’s say 3 new ones
  • Housing and improved decoration system
I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

I really want to see a new race next time. I didn’t need other races in Guild Wars 1, but now that we have them, I really want to see some of the other races playable. I don’t mind the Norn or the Asura or the Sylvari (my main is a Sylvari), but it baffles me to this day that they invented them for Guild Wars 2, when they had existing ones to choose from. Tengu seem the most likely, especially considering they clearly have a zone. We can do them.

Yeah, a new race is a lot of work, but I still want to see it happen. Also, new races are always an easy thing to market to new players, which is something Heart of Thorns lacked, and would be good for GW2 to do now after all these quality of life changes.

I’d like to see some more Elite Specializations inspired by old GW1 professions, though I still think there is room for more classes. I understand skipping Monk to get across the idea that this game doesn’t have healers in the same way, but I think Monk could be brought back and reimagined as a martial artist class that fills a unique niche.

I also think it would be neat if the next expansion wasn’t a linear continuation from what we’re doing, but a new perspective. One of the things I liked about the campaigns in GW1 is that each part of the world had their own problems and dealt with them in their own ways. Even if you brought over an existing character, you were a guest helping them with something.

That’s not to say I want existing plots dropped, but many of them could be dealt with through the Living Story instead.

For example, imagine an expansion that took place in Cantha, and involved them having to overcome their empire’s xenophobia in order to unite their own races to take down the Deep Sea Dragon, without ever dealing with the Pact (I don’t want every plot to be about Elder Dragons, but I think it only makes sense that the other lands have the potential to rise up to the challenge).

(edited by Jokubas.4265)

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’m hoping for bubbles and Cantha. I’m definitely leaning towards Cantha though. I imagine it will be a very beautiful area with lots of interesting jumping puzzles and waterfalls!

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

This is all hopes (as opposed to what I think will happen)

• Metas similar to Orr in that they have no fixed time for spawning and creeps themselves actually drop loot.
  • A desert setting influenced from the Outback and Southwestern America with maybe some sandy ones without all the shrubs, bushes, and cacti.
  • Alternatively, a tropical archipelago setting with a Caribbean 16th century pirate theme where you have either boating or surfing masteries for exploration and surfing minigames. Not necessarily heavy on underwater combat.
  • If it’s a cold area theme then a snowboarding minigame perhaps with iceskating masteries.
  • Just as many masteries but fewer of them gating exploration and travel.
  • Slightly tougher mobs than HoT.
  • New elite specs that give something up in the base class but does something else even better. Increases diversity and keeps power creep reigned in.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Let’s discuss the next xpac here.

What?!

Next expansion pack? Did they ever release an expansion pack before?
I only remember a semi big update with 4 new maps and 3 of them where actually real maps.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I hope LS3 puts the Cabbage Elf story to rest, so we can refocus on the High Legions, Ebonhawke, and Kralkatorrik.

And a ranger elite spec that grants access to the Rifle. Because all I really want is a charr, a devourer, and a gun. Faith in iron, not false gods.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I think we’ll be going to the Crystal Desert to fight Kralkatorrik using the power of the egg in some way. We will learn masteries that will allow us to cross the desert more easily — possibly including a mounted mastery (we’re going to get a transportation-related mastery of some sort, and people have been wanting mounts, so… yeah…). We’ll get a new elite spec for each class. We may or may not a new class.

Alternately, we might get a new race, the Tengu, and their starting area. They will extend to the sea (with revamped underwater combat) to take on Bubbles. We will also get underwater masteries to swim in water currents. We’ll also get a new spec for each class, but not a new class. This time, we will get a new character slot.

Of course, that’s what I think we will get. What I want is a break from the dragons and a sideways turn in the plot where the death of two elder dragons is causing the underworld to come apart at the seams. We need to raise Glint’s egg to partially fill the vacuum we have created, as well as finding ways to siphon off magic that is creating magic storms.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Yakkus.8765

Yakkus.8765

Way more armor sets.

This.

(perhaps some heavy armour that looks like light, I’ve discussed this on a few threads already how I wish the Guardian was more Monk-like, and this would be a compromise of sorts)

Also, further exploration of the continent. Crystal Desert, Charr Homelands, there are a few areas that can be the setting.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

There will be new elite specs, naturally. And, I think they’ll break down and give us Tengu, because this is a “go big or go home” moment for them. If all the work for the future they supposedly did in HoT doesn’t pay off, then people will pretty much give up hope on them.

As to what else I expect? Well, looking at HoT, I think they’ve learned that requiring people to work together is NOT the way to go. So, I expect to see some of the same stuff as HoT, but broken down for individual players.

Personal Housing: This will be a personal version of the Guild Halls system. You pay to claim it, then you have to go in and kick out whatever’s living in there currently. A couple NPCs will show up to help you to upgrade things. Karma is the best bet for a replacement for Favor in the personal version.

6+ Zones: Most of these will be normal zones. One will be a city zone for Tengu to start in. And one will be an event zone, most likely the last zone you reach. Even there, picture something more like the retaking of LA, rather than Dragon’s Stand. Lots of little events going on that anyone can jump in and do, as well as some big events.

40 Hero Points: Like HoT, they will be worth 10 points each. Unlike HoT, they’ll all be made to take on solo. This will actually become a selling point for any that want to unlock the HoT elites without dealing with HoT.

More Masteries: I expect some for the expansion area, as well as some for Central Tyria. I’m not sure if the Mastery Point COST is going to continue, however. The points may be dropped, and I forsee some actual problems if they try to continue with them when it comes time for the CT masteries.

Raids/Dungeons: I expect to see one actual dungeon put into the game, with ONE path but some optional side-fights. No more raids after HoT, they’ll go back to testing a new take on dungeons and see if people like that more.

Currencies & Keys: There will be ONE new currency for the new areas. Just one. I think they realized at some point that they made a mistake by having basically a currency for each zone in HoT. I don’t think the same will hold for keys, instead you’ll just carry the entire chest back to someone that can open that kind of chest. With no ways to earn keys for them, opening chests becomes a confirmed gold sink. It also means that anyone farming those chests will eventually HAVE to stop and go get them opened when their inventory fills up. (Or just sell the chest on the marketplace, maybe?)

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

(edited by Palador.2170)

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Sad smile. My wish for the Xpac is something that will never be. I would like content that I can actually solo. The ability to be able to get the next batch of Elites via soloing…wow.

Next xpac discussion

Julischka Bean.7491

• Metas similar to Orr in that they have no fixed time for spawning and creeps themselves actually drop loot.
  • A desert setting influenced from the Outback and Southwestern America with maybe some sandy ones without all the shrubs, bushes, and cacti.
  • Alternatively, a tropical archipelago setting with a Caribbean 16th century pirate theme where you have either boating or surfing masteries for exploration and surfing minigames. Not necessarily heavy on underwater combat.
  • If it’s a cold area theme then a snowboarding minigame perhaps with iceskating masteries.
  • New elite specs that give something up in the base class but does something else even better. Increases diversity and keeps power creep reigned in.

Slightly tougher mobs than HoT?? Oh my. I would not buy the new expansion if that is the case….

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What is there really to discuss? We know nothing about it. Where it will be set, or what it could contain. Maybe one LW3 kicks off we will have a better idea of what will happen, but untill then, all we are doing it hyping up hopes and dreams.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Next xpac discussion

Julischka Bean.7491

There will be new elite specs, naturally. And, I think they’ll break down and give us Tengu, because this is a “go big or go home” moment for them. If all the work for the future they supposedly did in HoT doesn’t pay off, then people will pretty much give up hope on them.

As to what else I expect? Well, looking at HoT, I think they’ve learned that requiring people to work together is NOT the way to go. So, I expect to see some of the same stuff as HoT, but broken down for individual players.

Personal Housing: This will be a personal version of the Guild Halls system. You pay to claim it, then you have to go in and kick out whatever’s living in there currently. A couple NPCs will show up to help you to upgrade things. Karma is the best bet for a replacement for Favor in the personal version.

6+ Zones: Most of these will be normal zones. One will be a city zone for Tengu to start in. And one will be an event zone, most likely the last zone you reach. Even there, picture something more like the retaking of LA, rather than Dragon’s Stand. Lots of little events going on that anyone can jump in and do, as well as some big events.

40 Hero Points: Like HoT, they will be worth 10 points each. Unlike HoT, they’ll all be made to take on solo. This will actually become a selling point for any that want to unlock the HoT elites without dealing with HoT.

More Masteries: I expect some for the expansion area, as well as some for Central Tyria. I’m not sure if the Mastery Point COST is going to continue, however. The points may be dropped, and I forsee some actual problems if they try to continue with them when it comes time for the CT masteries.

Raids/Dungeons: I expect to see one actual dungeon put into the game, with ONE path but some optional side-fights. No more raids after HoT, they’ll go back to testing a new take on dungeons and see if people like that more.

Currencies & Keys: There will be ONE new currency for the new areas. Just one. I think they realized at some point that they made a mistake by having basically a currency for each zone in HoT. I don’t think the same will hold for keys, instead you’ll just carry the entire chest back to someone that can open that kind of chest. With no ways to earn keys for them, opening chests becomes a confirmed gold sink. It also means that anyone farming those chests will eventually HAVE to stop and go get them opened when their inventory fills up. (Or just sell the chest on the marketplace, maybe?)

I like the way you think. Devs..listen to this person

Next xpac discussion

Agemnon.4608

Slightly tougher mobs than HoT?? Oh my. I would not buy the new expansion if that is the case….

Why not? Each expansion should be harder than the last. If people’s skill threshold were raised with HoT after dealing with mobs with better skills, AI, and stats then they’re logically ready for the next level. It should always be possible with the tools a class is given to effectively deal with such challenges. It also makes players feel more accomplished after clearing metas and exploration as it would confirm that they’ve reached a level of skill to do so.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Like others stated, I hate the canopy design of the new maps.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Why not? Each expansion should be harder than the last. If people’s skill threshold were raised with HoT after dealing with mobs with better skills, AI, and stats then they’re logically ready for the next level. It should always be possible with the tools a class is given to effectively deal with such challenges. It also makes players feel more accomplished after clearing metas and exploration as it would confirm that they’ve reached a level of skill to do so.

Not everyone’s skill threshold DID go up with HoT, though. And others may be near their limit. You also have to take into account that some people that join the game in the future or come back after a long time may want to skip HoT and go right from the base game into the new expansion.

Other MMORPGs sometimes make things tougher in expansions, but then make the characters tougher so you grow into being able to deal with it. But here, they’re trying to keep a top on our power levels. If things get tougher each expansion, eventually not even the best players will be able to deal with it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’m after a Jormag or Kralky theme, with a chance to outfit DE 2 or similar with what I want them to use, similar to choosing runes and whatnot in PvP.

More maps to explore solo, but with appropriate challenge, and not all based around a map-wide meta that requires taxiing and never getting in on the map. A more organic feel to any world boss type events (sort of how it used to be, and similar to if a guild starts the event).

More armour and weapons - not just as rewards for this, that or t’other, but new looks for the levelling up journey as well as anything that can be considered "endgame".

I could go for personal housing on a small scale, and would like to craft furniture and musical instruments, such as pianos, for use in said housing.

Gems available for €5 (as well as the existing €10+). The option to save gem store items in a basket for a period of time until I want to (or can) purchase them - might be a problem with limited availability offers, I suppose, but I never have funding when those offers pop up! But for the stuff that’s there all the time, or for a longer period, it could be a nice QoL change. Although that doesn’t have to be an expansion perk, really, but it would be super useful.

Also, cat and/or wolf ears.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I want mounts!

Hahaha got you!

I would like to see another desert map… a REAL desert map. Oh and not every map needs 5 layers!

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

What I am really hoping for is a double dragon expansion. We’ve just killed Zhaitan and Modremoth. We are officially a MAJOR threat to the dragons. They’d have to be complete morons to keep ignoring us the way they have been. It makes sense that the dragons would start to get desperate and start working together.

Two combinations would work. Jormag and Primordus for a Fire and Ice theme or Jormag and Kraalkatorrik. I am going to focus on Jormag and Primordus.

Have eight maps, double what HoT gave us, with four dedicated to one dragon and four to the other.

Jormag’s maps would be the Nothern Shiverpeaks, which may require some underwater combat updates given it’s a massive inland sea now. However given that it is ice water they could easily make the water chill and damage us whenever we take a swim, so we use masteries to ride small boats or somesuch on the sea. It’d be pretty fun to ride Kodan sail boats around to navigate between the icebergs and mountain peaks.

Primordus’ maps would be subterranean tunnels that lead deep into Tyria’s depths and to the ancient Asuran ruins. Lots of asura and dwarf lore abound. Maybe we even get to meet a few remaining dwarves who are still fighting, or just learn about the last days of the dwarven war against the Destroyers. We could also use Primordus as an excuse to return to the Blood Legion homelands to involve the charr in it. The Flame legion could switch to worshiping Primordus the way they once worshiped Destroyers, thus opening a cavernous doorway that leads down into Primordus’ domain.

We’d get two sets of masteries, one for each set of maps, that help us navigate that region with a few masteries that overlap. Like a grappling hook that is functional to scale mountains in the Shiverpeaks or cross caverns in the depths. Have the glider be usable there of course, but keep it as a convenience rather than a necessity so that people don’t need to grind HoT to survive in the new regions. If we use the boat mastery idea maybe at a certain rank it can be used to surf across lava as well, thereby becoming invaluable in the Primordus zones.

That would be my ideal expansion. Two dragons. TONS of norn, charr, and asuran lore. Twice the threat. Really pull in the FULL military might of the Charr Legions as they try to fight the newly empowered Flame Legion. A crusader of Norn sent to reclaim their ancestral lands, all the while battling the Sons of Svanir, some of whom have become nornbears and icebrood. Ancient asuran ruins filled with arcane knowledge and forgotten history for the race.

It would be perfect.

Next xpac discussion

Agemnon.4608

Not everyone’s skill threshold DID go up with HoT, though. And others may be near their limit. You also have to take into account that some people that join the game in the future or come back after a long time may want to skip HoT and go right from the base game into the new expansion.

Other MMORPGs sometimes make things tougher in expansions, but then make the characters tougher so you grow into being able to deal with it. But here, they’re trying to keep a top on our power levels. If things get tougher each expansion, eventually not even the best players will be able to deal with it.

Maybe not tougher in the sense of having more stats (in the first place maybe slightly) but better AI and different patterns, abilities, sync with their layouts, healing, dodges, and/or crowd controls. Like the Honor of the Waves storymode final boss could have mechanically similar mobs that are normal, vet, and elite tier and part of why he seemed tough was his skill set. Now imagine three mobs with a skillset like that near a chokepoint where you can even risk falling off and has better AI, but still beatable by a single player assuming approximately single player scaling.

Next xpac discussion

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

What ever it is, I would like to see LESS kitten JUMPING! And maps that you can easily navigate without getting frustrated by dead ends or paths blocked off.