Nice bug while it lasted I suppose.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Voidspawn.1934

Voidspawn.1934

There’s definitely an increase in the droprate, I don’t know if it’s intentional or a bug though. Usually when I farm Cursed Shore I get 1-2 dyes in 2 hours with 40% MF. Last night I got 20 dyes in less than 2 hours (with the same MF). And when I mentioned it in my guild everyone said the same thing, they were getting alot more dyes than before.

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

Maybe dyes took the spot on the item drop table for whatever dropped as event item during Halloween. Feels like that. I am usually not complaining about too high droprate but dyes currently drop more often than brittle skulls. I can’t believe that’s intended.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

First rule of dye club, do not talk about dye club!

Yes please shh everyone
I don’t want it to change back!

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Seems back to normal now, for me at least. I spent nearly three hours in Straits of Devastation this morning, got three dyes…pretty mundane ones too.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I doubt it would change without a patch lunawisp. You may have just had a string of bad luck, or weren’t killing as many mobs as you normally would.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I’ve been noticing an increase in dye drops as well. And looking at gw2spidy.com for the high demand rares, it’s pretty evident that dye drops have increased. Sales volume is rising massively and prices are dropping.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

bulb blinks on
That could be it. Weren’t doing as many DE’s due to a lack of people around outside core hours. I’ll try again this afternoon and see if it improves for me, could certainly do with a few decent dyes…

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

yep ive seen a increase aswell while farming in orr yesterday i got 5 dyes from one event about 20 or so dyes over the weekend

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I got plenty of dyes over the last 2-3 days. I usually got one per day but I was getting more like 5+ per day lately. My friends and I were sharing and swapping dyes all weekend.

Posted by: Alex Sanchez.6792

Alex Sanchez.6792

I noticed a nice increase in dye drops as well. Want proof drop rates have increased? Take a look: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/20323

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

All right, tried in a funny way to acknowledge that there has been an increase but I guess that was not clear enough but rather seen as off topic

Anyways, I believe in general drop rates have been raised, my bags seem to fill up a lot faster, very noticeable with the dye and black lion chests.

I guess with the number of dye’s there are this is intended so that we may start sacrificing them to Zommoros in hope’s for the next tier.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah, with minimal magic find I got 6-7 dye drops yesterday. Could be a coincidence, but it DOES seem to be increased. Three of them turned out to be uncommon, too.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Uh, I hope it is intended. But anyways no one is complaining, so why change it?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

There’s definitely been an increase in drop rate, which I can’t say is unwelcome.
What is unwelcome is an increased drop rate for Black Lion Chests.
Before this weekend, I had 179 in storage. At the end of the weekend, I had over 200.
ArenaNet, no matter how much you drop these things, I will not buy keys from the gem store. Dial it back a bit, mkay?

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Kelovar.6319

Kelovar.6319

Same here, and with most of my guildies. Personally, I’d say I’ve been getting about 3x more dyes than usual in the least 2 days.

Posted by: ItGamer.1742

ItGamer.1742

I must agree we get a lot more dyes now. I did one Orr event and got 4 dyes. Did a chain in ore plinx champ brood mother and got and got about 6 common and some uncommon and rare dyes well rarely itsa good drop rate in my opinion.

Level 80 – Sexy Norn Thief
Level 400 – Jewler – Huntsman – Leatherworker
Turning a 2 gold production into a 5 gold profit FTW baby!

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

Yeah, I’ve had an absurd number of dyes drop for me over the past few days. Sometimes 3 or more in a single event! Not complaining, since I’m a bit of a dye junkie, but at least I’m not alone in noticing this. Maybe my luck has finally improved!

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

There’s definitely been an increase in drop rate, which I can’t say is unwelcome.
What is unwelcome is an increased drop rate for Black Lion Chests.
Before this weekend, I had 179 in storage. At the end of the weekend, I had over 200.
ArenaNet, no matter how much you drop these things, I will not buy keys from the gem store. Dial it back a bit, mkay?

lol I actually found a key as a random drop from a mob. I heard that it was possible but didn’t actually believe it since in over 300 hrs of playing I haven’t seen one! But aside from ones I’ve received as personal story rewards and a few keys I traded gold for, yeah, that’s about it. I’ve got 150+ in storage at last check.

Wish there was a Black Lion crowbar so I could just wrench them all open.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Breaking news: RNG is in fact random. Tune in at 10 for more details. LOL

I get so much dyes that I am beginning to resent (not really) getting them because it means less chance for rare or the illusive exotic.

added: yesterday I got 2 black chest keys. In my 400+ hours I only got 1 dropped. Ofc I never gotten an exotic though.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

since the price of unknown dyes have dropped so much i figure the increase in drop must be for everyone and just not my own luck

Posted by: Flame.8096

Flame.8096

I got 6 dyes from 1 event in cursed shore yesterday, and four dyes in less than 10 minutes while just killing random mobs today. I definitely feel like the dye drop rate changed. A week ago I was getting maybe 1 dye every half hour.

Posted by: ciannait.1945

ciannait.1945

My dye droprate has gone up. I love it.

Posted by: Slive.9053

Slive.9053

I also feel like the drop rate increased lately, but it seemed to correspond to when I got my MF gear. Maybe that was a coincidence.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I noticed a significant increase in dye drops on Sunday. Here’s hoping this will continue!

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’m guessing they increased the drop rate, but lowered teh chances to get a rare/highly-sought-after dye. It sorta makes sense, wherein anet wants more people to enjoy dyes (esp the common/cheap ones) instead of it being another commodity item.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

over the weekend, i ended up with 27 dyes, mostly blues except for 3 Rares.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Been finding a lot more dyes lately.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

lol.

I’ve done the 1g trick and have nearly every dye imaginable. And I’m 20g richer than I used to be. Thanks for the UID dyes dropping in prices as well!! Made buying dyes MUCH easier.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

So it was true… played for 12 hours yesterday.. got 67 dyes.

Not anymore I guess.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Vidarr.2086

Vidarr.2086

What bothers me is that Arena Net must think most players are stupid. It doesn’t take a patch of over 40MB to fix a drop rate. I wonder what other stuff they sneaked in on this patch.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

LOL I was wondering about the patch size too! Increased dye rate since the first? That’s why I’ve gotten maybe 10 dyes in the 14 hours I’ve played? I guess I’m just unlucky >.<

Seriously though, before the 1st I was lucky if I got 1 dye every other day, please tell me we aren’t going back to that….

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

"

Corrected drop rate for Unidentified Dye.

On November 1, we introduced a change that unintentionally increased the drop rate of Unidentified Dye. Today’s game update corrects the drop rate for Unidentified Dye."

Well… kitten…

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

What bothers me is that Arena Net must think most players are stupid.

That’s not so far from the truth. Patching a line of code isn’t just transmitting those few bytes, it’s redownloading a new build of every file containing updated code, whether these files are just some kilobyte in size, or complete databases.

Posted by: Hyena.7963

Hyena.7963

[quote=648256;Gilandred.9870:]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

I do the harpies event near the Ascalonian Catacombs every couple of hours with about 20% magic find and I tend to get 3 to 5 dyes per event. That’s at least double what I was getting a month ago from the same event.

Now, granted, the average dye is worth about 15 copper on the Trading Post, so it’s not like I’m making a fortune, but I am pretty sure the relative drop rate has gone up.

EDIT: Saw patch notes. Bugger.

Posted by: Gilandred.9870

Gilandred.9870

Fixing a drop rate is a matter of changing a few numbers around.

40 MB is a ton of numbers.

Even if there was only one line of code within a file that determined the drop rate, wouldn’t it be reasonable to expect that the entire file(s) containing that single line of code be patched?

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

Drop rate should be server side not client side…

Posted by: Hyena.7963

Hyena.7963

Fixing a drop rate is a matter of changing a few numbers around.

40 MB is a ton of numbers.

Even if there was only one line of code within a file that determined the drop rate, wouldn’t it be reasonable to expect that the entire file(s) containing that single line of code be patched?

Sure, but I’d be impressed if they could make it 40 MB.

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

I am a programmer, if drops are client side then you can just memory hack to make you drop what ever at what ever rate.. IT has to be server side… They took the opportunity to put in other stuff.. More than likely pre download of assets for teasers for expansion.

Posted by: Romeo.4378

Romeo.4378

The patch today corrected the drop rate :‘(:’(

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

well I wasnt getting near as many dyes as you others but i was getting more than 0-1 a day so it was definitely more than usual. I was neting maybe 5 a day now. Really nice. before that change if I got a dye it would surprise me because it was so long sense the last I had forgotten they was even a drop.

Why dont they just go and make dyes account wide already?

Posted by: Tora.8610

Tora.8610

I’m soooooo glad we have the priorities straight… a slight drop rate increase of dyes introduced a few days ago is way higher on the patch-pushing priority than bugs that have been around since the beginning… even ones they’ve supposedly “fixed” and are just “waiting for the next patch”…. well, the “next patch” just hit and….. its just a dye drop fix =/

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

The patch today corrected the drop rate :‘(:’(

Much sadness…

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Daeden.7403

Daeden.7403

Just wanted to say, in your infinite and more powerful wisdom and insight in to these things, did you by chance test out this driveling line code before you uploaded into the mainframe. I’ll assume you didn’t because TP doesn’t work, Cannot access Guild stuff and really, everything’s kinda went to a kittenhow. My suggestion, roll it back and our put everything as it was before the new code was implemented and actually look at what additional Unidentified Dye would do in the game and how this would break the game…. much like Arah still not working, yet you focus on something so small and mindless, then I realized, it’s not about the dyes themselves, but your pocketbook. Which is what a good corporation does, screw the people that helped get them to where they are today, and let the gutter-trash be discarded and forgotten.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Nobody buying dye packs anymore? Have to lower drop rate and pass it as a bug?

This “bug” was not hurting any players, but rather was hurting Arenanet’s pockets. It had to be fixed and on high priority, it even got its own patch JUST for it.

Posted by: YSBT.7843

YSBT.7843

They said via a system message hours ago that we might see some connectivity problems in the next few hours.

Co-Leader of the Charter Vanguard Guild on Henge of Denravi.
Recruitment Status: Closed.

Posted by: YSBT.7843

YSBT.7843

All routine maintenance builds have been 40MB so far. This is nothing to cry about.

Co-Leader of the Charter Vanguard Guild on Henge of Denravi.
Recruitment Status: Closed.

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

I love how this is a #1 priority hot fix when there are issues with skill delays or not firing when you activate it.

Oh shi there is a easier way to make gold have to fix it now or else people won’t buy worthless keys and dye packs.

Posted by: Daeden.7403

Daeden.7403

i guess they need to have more blanket statements then, “Hey we are gonna do stuff and stuff may effect your stuff. Good Luck”

Posted by: Sunspear General.7964

Sunspear General.7964

As a loyal gamer of GW2 I’d like to say thanks for unintentionally increasing dye drop rate! Was fun while it lasted.