Nicholas The Traveler

Nicholas The Traveler

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

So ArenaNet, how long will it be before we see an NPC similar to good old Nicholas the Traveler make his way into GW2? I’d love to see weekly item scavenger hunts. You know, all those trophies we usually vendor? Why not make them tradable and have them be items for weekly hunts like they were in GW1?

For those of you not familiar, Nicholas the Traveler was an NPC in Guild Wars 1 who every week would pick a random zone and a trophy he collected for gifts which could be used or traded. Generally containing candy, party items, ally summoning stones (golems, imps, tengu warriors, etc) or even rare items like rare weapons and minipets.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Nicholas_the_Traveler
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Traveler

So, how about it ArenaNet! Any plans on bringing something like this into GW2?

Edited: posted a link to the gifts so you guys could see what kind of stuff was rewarded for finding the items every week.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

No untill there are expansions I think? Would be too easy to spot him right now.

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

would be nice!

suddenly, the “sell all junk” button become less clicked …

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You know… this is actually a good idea!! If I were you I’d put it in the suggestion boards.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Nicholas The Traveler

TehPwnerer.7215

You know… this is actually a good idea!! If I were you I’d put it in the suggestion boards.

Think so? I was just seeing if other people remember this, or if newer people to the GW Franchise would like to see something like this in-game. I for one would love to see this return.

Though I can already see the counter arguments. “We already get living story updates bi-weekly we don’t need a weekly scavenger hunt to miss out on living story achievements” or the like.

I don’t know, I’d just love to see this come back. I know it took GW1 a while to get Nicholas put in the game, but even if it took a while to get something like this into GW2 I’d wait for it – definitely.

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Yeah. I remember reading about Collectors for the junk Idea like in the First Guild Wars in the Suggestion box. It’s about buried as it’s gonna get.

Yes. I would love to see a Nick and Yak NPC collector.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I reckon they should make Ameranth the new Nic.

Also, randomise the item(s) each player needs to get.

That way, it should help ease single zones becoming saturated and should help the population spread more evenly. Obviously, you aren’t going to get a single item for each single player, but it should help spread the population out significantly enough to bring life to other zones.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Nicholas The Traveler

TehPwnerer.7215

I reckon they should make Ameranth the new Nic.

Also, randomise the item(s) each player needs to get.

That way, it should help ease single zones becoming saturated and should help the population spread more evenly. Obviously, you aren’t going to get a single item for each single player, but it should help spread the population out significantly enough to bring life to other zones.

Not sure I’d like random items per player. Again the reason the tradable items were great in GW1 is I could give em away to people who got to it late, give em to guildies, etc. I wouldn’t want to have everyone find something different.

Interesting NPC suggestion though. Definitely not opposed.

Yeah. I remember reading about Collectors for the junk Idea like in the First Guild Wars in the Suggestion box. It’s about buried as it’s gonna get.

Yes. I would love to see a Nick and Yak NPC collector.

That’s a shame. Though GW1 had very different item acquisition methods as GW2 does. Armor was merchant only and collector only. I don’t think that’d work very well here where everything can just be bought on the TP.

But I’m glad you like the idea for an NPC to return that has this function.

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I wanted to make exactly the same thread.

Nicholas could potentially make dead zones feel alive again.

Nicholas The Traveler

TehPwnerer.7215

Also a problem with posting this in the suggestion forum is there are so many BAD suggestions that I don’t think Anet even reads em anymore. I mean seriously look at the front page of that forum and confidently tell me that if you were a Dev you’d read that crap.

I sure wouldn’t. So many complainers about pointless stuff. Not that the general forum is better, but at least there’s a chance people see it here.

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Also a problem with posting this in the suggestion forum is there are so many BAD suggestions that I don’t think Anet even reads em anymore. I mean seriously look at the front page of that forum and confidently tell me that if you were a Dev you’d read that crap.

I sure wouldn’t. So many complainers about pointless stuff. Not that the general forum is better, but at least there’s a chance people see it here.

Actually one of the developers (I forget who) said that they read every post that goes through that board, and that some of them have actually ended up in the game, or caused the game to be changed. You really should think about it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Nicholas The Traveler

TehPwnerer.7215

Actually one of the developers (I forget who) said that they read every post that goes through that board, and that some of them have actually ended up in the game, or caused the game to be changed. You really should think about it.

I’ll do that before I head off to bed then. Thanks!

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

He will be back, that I have no doubt. He was too popular in GW1 to not be included and there’s a real niche market for farming junk items.

TP Flippers would start dribbling with excitement and push prices up but so long as the items weren’t overly hard to farm for the rest of us, I think it’s a great idea.

It’s just a question of when.

Nicholas The Traveler

TehPwnerer.7215

He will be back, that I have no doubt. He was too popular in GW1 to not be included and there’s a real niche market for farming junk items.

TP Flippers would start dribbling with excitement and push prices up but so long as the items weren’t overly hard to farm for the rest of us, I think it’s a great idea.

It’s just a question of when.

I agree with you. Personally I’m not a TP flipper and I hate everything they stand for, but I’d like them to be tradable for giveaway purposes. I’d love to be able to help guildies and friends get these much like I did in GW1.

By the way guys, please follow the new thread here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Nicholas-The-Traveler/first#post2435006

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I hope they bring him back. imo it would be a good thing for anet. It would encourage people to buy more gems to get more storage. or as many of us did buy more accounts as storage. And it was a fun part of GW1

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I believe Nicholas the Traveller is eternal for the Force flows through his veins, in time he will make his second coming…

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Nicholas The Traveler

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks for the reply guys, but the mods haven’t yet merged the topics into the suggestion thread. Please continue to discuss this over there Thanks!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Nicholas-The-Traveler/first#post2435044

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Nicholas the Time Traveler \o/

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: RoosterTooth.1024

RoosterTooth.1024

Nicholas the Time Traveler \o/

Nicholas The Traveler

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

This Traveler has been replaced by the Living Story.
So far all contents added included at least one activity of farming / grinding something to get another something (skins, achievements, titles)
I think the new idea is better. No need for Nicholas.