Nightfury (Actually a Legendary?)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maskah.1486

Maskah.1486

Nightfury is almost as time and resource intensive as getting a legendary. This same almost description has been used for getting Legendary armor when that stuff is finally released. I am seriously hoping that Nightfury gets bumped up to legendary status when legendary armor is released. This would make sense since Legendary Weapons used to be really expensive exotic weapons (status symbols) before ascended came out. Once ascended came out, legendaries were able to stat swap between ascended stats.

Seriously hope that is the case here!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nightfury_Skin

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Since it’s only Ascended Tier it’s Anets way of saying Legendary Armor will be this x10 and cost 10-20k+ gold.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I thought they said the cost of a full set of legendary would be roughly on par with a leg weapon? And not full cost per piece?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Since it’s only Ascended Tier it’s Anets way of saying Legendary Armor will be this x10 and cost 10-20k+ gold.

If they mess up the balance, maybe.

I thought they said the cost of a full set of legendary would be roughly on par with a leg weapon? And not full cost per piece?

This. They did mention ascended armor being less expensive than weapons. Going by how crazy the market is atm though, I do expect full leg armor to be around 4-5k at release, maybe even more.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This. They did mention ascended armor being less expensive than weapons. Going by how crazy the market is atm though, I do expect full leg armor to be around 4-5k at release, maybe even more.

The ONLY way to control the market is make all the materials account bound or currency gated.

Other way being making it time gated.

Cyninja.2954

The ONLY way to control the market is make all the materials account bound or currency gated.

Ahem, no.

Anet are in absolute control of the market developement. They set droprates, requirements for crafting and collections (aka demand). Not sure what you are refering to.

The only thing making things account bound accomplishes is take control from arenanet over the market and push it on the player (while still retaining the ability to control drop rates and desire, but stiffling trade).

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ahem, no.

Anet are in absolute control of the market developement. They set droprates, requirements for crafting and collections (aka demand). Not sure what you are refering to.

The only thing making things account bound accomplishes is take control from arenanet over the market and push it on the player (while still retaining the ability to control drop rates and desire, but stiffling trade).

Expect everything that are required for the legendary armors that’re tradable have 10 times the price of as now. This is what happened if you Anet (gov’t) doesn’t control the market by gating things account-wide. Richest 0.001% ofc would hate the system, but for the rest of the majority players, it’d be a better system, AS LONG AS IT’S NOT PURE RNG-BASE.

Cyninja.2954

Ahem, no.

Expect everything that are required for the legendary armors that’re tradable have 10 times the price of as now. This is what happened if you Anet (gov’t) doesn’t control the market by gating things account-wide. Richest 0.001% ofc would hate the system, but for the rest of the majority players, it’d be a better system, AS LONG AS IT’S NOT PURE RNG-BASE.

You don’t seem to understand. Anet does control the market, they always have. Who is to say that the developement that prices took is not intended?

Arenanet even warned about this 1 week before HoT went live. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-economy/

EDIT: not sure where you have your information. But there is no data on what is required for legendary armor out yet. All that is happening is people guessing and/or adapting to current demand for crafting materials. On top of that leg armor will require raiding as well. So no, the prices did not increase ten fold due to legendary armor. They did due to the massive changes in supply and demand. I’m don’t even know why I bother replying to this nonsense.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Seagloom.1263

Seagloom.1263

I finally finished crafting Nightfury last night, and was a little disappointed that it lacked selectable stats. Not being able to switch stats on the fly a la a legendary is one thing. Needing to transmute the effect to a different set of shoulders is another.

It would be nice to use Nightfury without needing to craft another piece of ascended armor considering the expense involved in creating it. As it stands, I had to mothball the original in my bank; which feels a bit silly.

If bumping it up to legendary gives me a way to actually justify using the original item, then I am all for it.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

I was under the impression legendary armor WILL ONLY DROP IN RAIDS, and would not be craftable. Am I wrong?

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

I was under the impression legendary armor WILL ONLY DROP IN RAIDS, and would not be craftable. Am I wrong?

You are wrong. The PRECURSOR will drop from raids. It will be used in a collection similar to the legendary backpiece Ad Infinitum and will likely cost 5k-10k to complete at release (I do not trust ANET even one bit about what they said that it would cost 1 legendary weapon for a full set of legendary armor, they are dirty liars as seen with fractal rewards and other stuff).