Nightfury, for free

Nightfury, for free

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

Endless Batwing Brew is the ONLY item hidden behind pure RNG, and even the price of those will drop before long.

Lol. Its at 440 gold right now and not going down.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

People don’t know what they want. Most the time they are fickle and wont even decide, then get mad at whatever is given to them.

But wait, isn’t it happening because the term “people” contains a lot of individuals, where each of them has different priorities, needs, desires?
I mean, that explains a ton, right?

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

People don’t know what they want. Most the time they are fickle and wont even decide, then get mad at whatever is given to them.

But wait, isn’t it happening because the term “people” contains a lot of individuals, where each of them has different priorities, needs, desires?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Of course!

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

I’d point out that the OP and all the +1s don’t understand Econ 101 and market scarcity, but instead I’ll just point to the Batwing Brew being 460 gold atm.

Anyone who thinks the OP knows what they’re talking about (forgetting about opportunity cost, marginal values, etc.) want to guess what will happen to that price once the event is over, and the 0.0005 drop percentage drops to absolute zero?

Even a small finite demand over a zero supply will cause astronomical inflation.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Man I hope the next event is this fun.

Totally awesome!

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I guess you don’t know what opportunity cost means…

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

Yeah, sure. You are right that Nightfury is obtainable by putting time and effort into the game. I don’t like people complaining either, though criticizing the cost of Nightfury is definitely not the most ridiculous thing people have criticized, and I can also understand why some people would. Even though, as you’ve written, the item is obtainable by not spending a single gold, some people have more money and therefore easily can get it buy just buying some gems and convert it to gold. I’m not saying a lot of people do this. I actually doubt it’s even 10% of all players who do this on a regular base. But no matter what it’s still a fact that it is possible and I think that is a problem.
I would have prefered if the things which you need for Nightfury wasn’t available through trading post AT ALL. Then it would have been all about the work. Even then of course some people would have been annoyed at the effort and discipline needed, but at least it would have been a 100% fair.

And another reason I found your complaint a bit off is that not everyone have an equal amount of time they want to put into playing the game. And even though it may not be a legitimate reason to change the effort needed to make Nightfury, it’s still a situation which I can understand make people criticize it.

m e s m e r <3

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

By the OPs logic I shouldn’t buy food at a store, I should just become a farmer and grow my own so I can get “free” food.

Someone get this man a medal.
Oh also, opportunity cost is a real thing.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The problem with your rational of thinking OP is that much like you, ANET still does not understand of the concept of not locking most people out of content. There are many people out there who simply do not want to do dungeons. There are many people out there who ONLY enjoy WvW. There are a kitten ton of people out there whom only play a few hours a week.

I understand the concept of work for it, but I don’t buy for a second the concept of “the item should be untouchable for some”. It’s not my job to dictate how you play, nor it’s your job to dictate how I play.

Make the item available to get through multiple avenues whether it’s WvW or those who don’t want to run dungeons. That way everybody gets a crack at it, and if you or anyone else has a problem with how someone gets the item via an easier avenue, then that is on you. Again, it’s not your job to dictate how others play.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

So I have farmed 6k bags, and no bat tonic yet. Am I not RNGing hard enough?

Also, OP, you REALLY need to stop treating people’s time and effort like it was free.

P.S That WoW name for the shoulder piece is horrible.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Endless Batwing Brew is the ONLY item hidden behind pure RNG, and even the price of those will drop before long.

Well… that statement is pure fantasy.

So I have farmed 6k bags, and no bat tonic yet. Am I not RNGing hard enough?

Estimates are that its about 1 in 40,000. You tell me if you’re RNGing hard enough.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Nightfury, for free

Nike.2631

The problem with your rational of thinking OP is that much like you, ANET still does not understand of the concept of not locking most people out of content.

No. The problem is most people think ANet is their friend.

ArenaNet is you pusher and they want you to be unsatisfied.

Fully content players LEAVE.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Stoaga.8190

Stoaga.8190

Next time don’t spend money on video games, just code them and you get them for free!

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Now here is a brain teaser

We can clearly see materials associated with halloween aka skulls, nougats, and teeth completely crash in value.

Why weren’t more of the actual halloween materials used for a halloween skin. There is already a nice massive sink for linseed oil via guildhall yet there is no appealing new massive sink for these items actually associated with halloween.

Personal opinion, A holiday item should require mostly halloween related materials to craft. You can counter argue that the tattered batwings and batwing tonic are both components yes but at this rate not even remotely 1/3 of the influencing materials for the product, don’t forget we have a large selection of halloween items that have no relationship with the biggest tickest item currently which is nightfury.

I think one of the weaknesses that Anet tends to have is that when people like myself want to go for these holiday items, they generally want it during the holiday to better the experience of that specific holiday so they can celebrate it at the maximum potential. It wouldn’t really be in my favor to be grinding for a christmas item all the way into july so I can celebrate and fully experience such a grand christmas in july.

For me this will probably go into november at which rate halloween is already over and the buzz isn’t there anymore and this will be yet again a halloween in which the only memories in gw2 I have are ones associated with grinding materials.

Generally when it comes to halloween the thing I want to do the most during halloween in guild wars 2 is celebrate halloween in guild wars 2.

Does this make sense or am I crazy here?

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Question, can you wear it with an outfit on and still have the bat effects?

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

I can tell you what 7K ToT bags (which i bought, not farmed) gave me :

- 4 zuzu cat
- several of the halloween weapons (around 10 of em)
- necklace (green refractor)
- necklace (black refractor)
- several mini dogs
- 1 endless batwing brew.
- 1 gift of spiders (made the bow with it)
- a whole bunch of candy corns which i used to get vendor items from

I didn’t aim for the items in bold, but i sold it all off and came out on top.
So, no, it isn’t impossible to get. Even selling off the black refractor and some other stuff would have given me just enough gold to buy the batwing brew, but i’m not interested in the shoulders.

Nightfury, for free

Nike.2631

Have you ever been able to see your armor shoulders while wearing an outfit?

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

I wish OP’s post could be as comforting for the case of Legendary Weapons as it is for that shoulder piece.

You see, one thing is a month or two of hard work and farming. The other is several months/upwards of a year. Not only do you need to put in hundreds of hours into the game, but you’ll also going to be spending hundreds of gold. I looked up information for Twilight and Sunrise, for example, and you need one kittening million karma (and an equally large amount of whatever other currency you end up going with) One. kittening. Million. I’ve been playing the game for more than a year, and I’ve still only acquired 100k. And that’s just the karma. You’ll also need upwards of 900 gold to buy your precursor, cause let’s face it, getting one is near impossible. Add to that the 100 gold you’ll have to spend on whatever it is. And of course, whatever extra costs there are.

If I had the luxury of being able to play GW2 all day, I’d definitely take on the “legendary journey” cough grinding cough endless farming, such and such. But I don’t. The time consumption in order to craft a Legendary Weapon from scratch is absolutely astronomical. So much so that I’d rather go through hard work in the form of my job, save some money, and outright buy my Legendary. That’s how off-putting the whole process of making one is.

Now, I’m a bit scared, because I’ve fallen in love with Ad Infinitum (the new legendary backpiece, in case anyone’s wondering) and I have set my eyes on it, but this time we’re talking about something that cannot be bought on the TP. We’ll have to make it ourselves. I’m no expert on the matter, but what if it’s as hard as making a Legendary Weapon? What do you all reckon it’ll be like?

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

tot bags are going to be far less attainable with maize balm in its current state so endless bat brew i do not see going down at all, more likely it will go waaaay up.

i do agree mostly that peoples complaints are ridiculous re: costing too much gold but just that one thing is really hard to defend because of how massively rng it is. i know its not much compared to some people but im coming up on 2000 tot bags opened since event start and not a single drop, nor am i any closer to a drop than i was at start.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

By the OPs logic I shouldn’t buy food at a store, I should just become a farmer and grow my own so I can get “free” food.

Yeah, you should. Everyone should.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Bought mine today at 330g after watching the gw2spidy moving averages. It sucks, but its done and I’m guaranteed to get it. Shortly after that the demand side buy orders rose back to 350g and sell price went back to 400 (in trading we called that “buying the dip”, pity its not for profit). If you think this is going down when the endless supply of ToT bags from Lab/Ascent/Mobs dry up after Halloween, you’re kind of dim on the topics of economics, probability, and scarcity. No offense. That’s “pure fantasy” like whoever said.

The only way this is going down is when demand goes down. And when people start walking around with Nightfury while everyone ooo’s and ah’s and link it in party/map/guild chat and say… “The only way you can get it now is buy endless batwing brew off broker or a 0.00001% chance from trick or treat bags” and there’s no consistent supply of Trick or Treat bags besides what’s been saved up by hoarders…

You know how that’s going to end. Kind of like Chaos of Lyssa recipe (but with a tiny tiny chance to effectively win the lottery). Furthermore everything has an opportunity cost, but that’s been said like 999 times in this thread.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

The concept of opportunity cost went over the head of OP…. By a thousand miles.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No, but as these have a different way if showing the effect, I’m curious as to whether it still shows through. If it def doesn’t, it just saves me the effort of crafting. I presume someone has the shoulders who can test this.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Daxidol.8956

Daxidol.8956

No, but as these have a different way if showing the effect, I’m curious as to whether it still shows through. If it def doesn’t, it just saves me the effort of crafting. I presume someone has the shoulders who can test this.

You can’t see the effect with an outfit on sadly.

On topic: My only issue has been the brew and even that’s not so bad. Don’t know why people are complaining.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

- 4 zuzu cat
- several mini dogs

So, no, it isn’t impossible to get. Even selling off the black refractor and some other stuff would have given me just enough gold to buy the batwing brew, but i’m not interested in the shoulders.

What’s your magic find? Speaking of which you get good MF from the bags, which is why I haven’t sold mine yet.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The wiki says a few of the items are account bound. Is that true?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bat_Wing
The wiki as of yesterday said the vials of green goo were account bound but it isn’t saying that now so that’s good.

I’m also really interested in how the OP glossed over the fact that a festival skin requires HoT to get “everything for free”. There are items you can only farm in HoT. I am also interested in how everyone is ignoring that fact. Halloween in Guild Wars shouldn’t gate items. It’s a global festival. I’d understand if there was a festival that the Itzel had but this isn’t that. This is a global celebration and ArenaNet is gating it with HoT and that is gross in my opinion.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

- 4 zuzu cat
- several mini dogs

You do realise though that you got extremely lucky right?

Most people who open 7k bags don’t even get one of those high value items.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

The unacceptable parts of the recipe are the RNG tonic and batwings.
I’ve farmed hundreds if not thousands of trick or treat bags, enough for thousands of candy corn, and not one single permanent batwing brew has dropped, and its price WILL shoot up the second the event ends and it’s no longer obtainable. The smart thing for ANet would be to add a recipe that uses normal batwing brews to make the permanent brew since the non-permanent brews are fairly regular drops AND undervalued on the TP.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Drop before long? You realize Halloween will be over in a week, and then the item from which this is an RNG drop will be further limited, thus further limiting it’s supply. Granted, we can still maize balm farm, but that took one hell of a nerf at the start of this holiday event. So how does limited supply equate to prices going down anytime soon exactly? I think you might be underestimating the demand for this item just a tad.

Still beyond all that….been farming for this item since 2012…. thousands of bags opened…. 0 endless brews. And you wonder why some of us are peeved?

QFT

I agree that you can work towards it… it’s just going to cost you to actually ensure that you get it.

Granted, part of its desirability is the exclusivity and these limited supply components are what drive the exclusivity.

I don’t have it and don’t want it so take what i say with a grain of salt, but i certainly understand the upset of people who are stuck at the losing end of some serious market manipulation in their quest to get this item (or any similarly rng-gated item)

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

- 4 zuzu cat
- several mini dogs

You got ridiculously lucky. You are the exception, not the rule.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: irondog.4830

irondog.4830

It’s not for free. Couple days ago the endless batwings brew was around 400 gold. I spent 200 gold on ToT bags plus all the ones I had farmed. All I got was 1 pistol and hammer. Now the endless batwings brew is over 600 gold. Doubt I’ll be getting that any time soon.

Nightfury, for free

Posted by: HEITRED.5729

HEITRED.5729

Or………….. Let people farm it for you while you grow your investments …..play smart enjoy the game without worrying to get gold or to grind hours or days or months just to buy these things you want instead you go and play wvw, pvp, achievements etc. Gaming is much better while you dont have to worry about grinding to get ingame currencies