Ninja Mat Gathering??

Ninja Mat Gathering??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Ok, how many of you have seen this:

A toon appears at a material node, gathers the mat, then disappears?

I’ve seen this twice now and it seems fishy to me.

Poof, he’s there. Chop, chop, chop. Poof, gone.

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Yeh, those are people who have alts that do nothing other than gather. If your going to have alts why not have them parked at a gathering node. No use having them sit around in Lions Arch collecting dust.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Hoyvin.3241

For just one node, though? And not orichalcum or ancient saplings, either. Basic mats, copper and green wood.

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: Mudcat.1364

Mudcat.1364

There are also bots that map hack from node to node gathering.

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

Its a bot that travels beneath the map to different gathering nodes, pops up, gathers and then goes underground to the next node.

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Hoyvin.3241

So I should report it then when I see it?

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Its a bot that travels beneath the map to different gathering nodes, pops up, gathers and then goes underground to the next node.

This.

Now, if you see someone appear near/on the Rich Ori Node in Southsun, that’s most likely a real player who’s parked an 80 on the node. The difference is that they will move around normally and perform the mining animation the 3.33 times needed to mine the node fully.

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

This sounds like some horror story that mothers tell their children to stop them from going out at night.. o_O

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

This sounds like some horror story that mothers tell their children to stop them from going out at night.. o_O

(Shines flashlight on face) Beware the harvester bots!

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

While this isn’t beyond the realm of possibility, I believe these bots are manipulating the game’s waypoint system to teleport between nodes. Though I haven’t spent much time observing their behavior.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Teleport bots. Unsolvable problem.

Ninja Mat Gathering??

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

You will find more information on this issue here.

This thread is closed.