No Ascended Spinal Blades for Wep Smith?!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Who’s bright idea was it to exclude half of the crafters from being able to make Tempered Spinal Blades? I’ve literally wasted my time farming dust since champ trains are dead to make the Bloodstone Bricks only to find out that I’m SOL because some designer dropped the ball on every other profession except Armorsmith/Tailor/LW’s. Either make Gift of Blades BOE, come up with versions of it for other Professions, make it available for Laurels/Spirit Shards.

Not cool at all.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It is on you for not doing homework.

How long has the receipe been arounded? over 1 year and you have tons of time to find out what mats and crafting profession required. And end somebody just rush thu things and blame.

You should blame only to yourself for rush things through.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You can’t level the craft needed?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Armor is almost always made by armormcrafters.

Oldirtbeard.9834

@Crossaber The fact that they excluded most tradeskills is either short sighted or lazy, I’ll probably just power level LW since it’s dirt cheap but I will always call out bull crap when I see it.

Oldirtbeard.9834

@Garambola Technically Backpieces are Accessories not armor so ANet probably should have only let Jeweler craft them using that logic.

Crossaber.8934

@Crossaber The fact that they excluded most tradeskills is either short sighted or lazy, I’ll probably just power level LW since it’s dirt cheap but I will always call out bull crap when I see it.

Why don’t you also complain not able to craft armor with weapon smith? Backpack is considered as armor slot rather than a weapon in this case. Therefore they are under tailor, leather and armor profession which is relatively make sense to start with.

Oldirtbeard.9834

@Crossaber Incorrect Backpieces are Accessories not Armor, nice try though.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t really see the issue. There are tons of things that are craftable by only 3/8 of the disciplines, including sigils & runes. Not every craft can refine every kind of basic mat. And nearly anyone who does enough crafting to manage any ascended gear ends up ranking at least one armor prof.

Maybe ANet should have made room for the weapon disciplines to also make a component suitable for forging the ascended spinal blades. However, for whatever reasons they did not. And that information has been readily available on Dulfy, the wiki, and plenty of other websites.

tl;dr I’m not sure why the OP thought there was the possibility of crafting these without r500 in leather, tailor, or armorsmith. I think what’s “not cool” is accusing ANet of dropping the ball.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I’m pretty sure this is a troll, guys. He’s complaining about the time wasted farming Bloodstone Dust. Bloodstone. Dust. The kind with no culinary applications whatsoever. No one complains about having to farm Bloodstone Dust.

Crossaber.8934

Backpack could fit into armor or accessories, but since we don’t have Lv500 JEWELRY crafting, and therefore it is make sense to list into tailor/leather/armor crafting. Anyway, i just recalled that you were ranting it is not listed in weapon crafting.

Unless i was mistaken that you are actually asking to craft it through jewelry profession. No matter it is more suitable in jewelry or tailor/leather/armor profession, it is obvious not make sense in weapon, just saying.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sorry. The old saying about “measure twice, cut once” comes to mind. If you’re going to make anything, especially something expensive, it’s always best to check it out ahead of time and see what the requirements are and make sure it’s something you can do. A quick look at the wiki would have told you what crafting was needed.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Who’s bright idea was it to exclude half of the crafters from being able to make Tempered Spinal Blades? I’ve literally wasted my time farming dust since champ trains are dead to make the Bloodstone Bricks only to find out that I’m SOL because some designer dropped the ball on every other profession except Armorsmith/Tailor/LW’s. Either make Gift of Blades BOE, come up with versions of it for other Professions, make it available for Laurels/Spirit Shards.

Not cool at all.

Its account bound after crafting it.

And if you craft it with LW, you save about 180g compared to crafting it with tailor as elonian leather is 12g cheaper than bolts of damask and you need 15 of it.

LEveling leatherworker from 0-500 costs about 85g.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Actually, if you die enough times to see all of your armor damaged, you’ll notice that backpieces also get damaged.

They may sit in the same area of the UI as trinkets and don’t accept runes, but actual game behavior makes them more like armor.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Aren’t spinal blade back pieces made in the Mystic Forge and therefore available to anyone?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Crossaber.8934

Aren’t spinal blade back pieces made in the Mystic Forge and therefore available to anyone?

Gift of blade are indeed a crafted materials by tailor/leather/armor profession @ LV500

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

The Ascended version requires the Gift of Blades and that requires crafting.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

You need the Gift of Blades for the ascended version, which can only be made by Armorsmith, Leatherworker or Tailor.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Blades

(edited by Zok.4956)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ah, I misread the OP, thought he meant to say armorsmith.

Of course weaponsmith can’t craft it. Do you bash critters with your backpiece? No. So it’s one of the armor crafts.

Silly rabbit.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Of course weaponsmith can’t craft it. Do you bash critters with your backpiece? No. So it’s one of the armor crafts.

Silly rabbit.

Are you saying you don’t bash critters with your backpiece?

~Puts regular weapons away and performs triple back flip and lands on targeted critter, killing it with spinal blades~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Spinal bladers is ARMOR! Though you can craft some backs no with weaponsmith It used to be somthing for armorsmith, leatherworker and tailor only.

It’s LS s1 content and the other backs came very, very late in s2….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Then why on earth did you think a weapon smith could make it. Nice try at being smart. Shame you’ve failed and its clear you are now just trolling.

Next time do your homework. Enough of this game is just handed out.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Uh. You don’t have enough crafting skills on a single character to craft everything.

Unless of course you were silly enough to buy the crafting extender.

I fail to see how this is a problem. Level the craft if you want the item, just like everything else.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Nope, if you die enough times you see that both your armor and back item gets damaged/broken. Yet accessoires always stay intact. So they are not Accessoires, and they are definitely not weapons either. So it’s armor. Heck they are even sold by Guild Armorers.

Besides why would you think weaponsmith can craft a back item? Do your homework next time.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You don’t have all professions at max level yet? Pffft.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Spinal bladers is ARMOR!

Spinal blades are backpacks. They share characteristics with armor and with trinkets (although they do not share much with weapons, as the OP implied):

• Armor-qualities: breakable, can be reskinned.
  • Trinket-qualities: appears in trinket slot, uses similar upgrades (doubloons|gemstones, not runes).
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nope, if you die enough times you see that both your armor and back item gets damaged/broken. Yet accessoires always stay intact. So they are not Accessoires, and they are definitely not weapons either. So it’s armor. Heck they are even sold by Guild Armorers.

Besides why would you think weaponsmith can craft a back item? Do your homework next time.

Well, to be fair, every crafting profession can craft a backpice, from a level one fine to a level 78 exotic. Though this doesn’t excuse the OP from checking out the requirements first, then blaming ANet because he didn’t do his homework.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weaponsmith

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Well, to be fair, every crafting profession can craft a backpice, from a level one fine to a level 78 exotic. Though this doesn’t excuse the OP from checking out the requirements first, then blaming ANet because he didn’t do his homework.

The only backpieces each can craft are ones to show off what level you are of that craft. It’s never been for actual backpieces (yes they are real backpieces, but they are gimmicky profession specific backpieces, you know?).

Tailor, LW, and Armorsmith all make armor. Hence they can make the backpiece.

But seriously OP, take the hour to level up another craft. Those bloodstone bricks aren’t going anywhere.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Just a flesh wound.3589

The only backpieces each can craft are ones to show off what level you are of that craft. It’s never been for actual backpieces (yes they are real backpieces, but they are gimmicky profession specific backpieces, you know?).

Tailor, LW, and Armorsmith all make armor. Hence they can make the backpiece.

But seriously OP, take the hour to level up another craft. Those bloodstone bricks aren’t going anywhere.

Not really gimmicky back pieces. They are useful for leveling as they are cheap to make and have selectable stats (if you’re the sort to min/max like that) and the level 78 exotic has higher stats than a level 80 exotic. All my level 80s have a crafted level 78 exotic backpiece because of the higher stats.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They are treated as armor as far as armor damage is concerned. They are definitely not weapons at least, so the waponsmith mentioned by OP is out anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

You cant make light of dwayna, shadow of grenth, or any other ascended back pieces except on LW/Talior/Armor smith

why on earth would it be different for any others back piece?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I’m pretty sure this is a troll, guys. He’s complaining about the time wasted farming Bloodstone Dust. Bloodstone. Dust. The kind with no culinary applications whatsoever. No one complains about having to farm Bloodstone Dust.

actually bloodstrone dust is the only one of the three that is actually valuable.

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Backpieces are armor, why would the weapon crafters be able to make it? Maybe we should let chefs craft the pieces too.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Backpieces are armor, why would the weapon crafters be able to make it? Maybe we should let chefs craft the pieces too.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130505211744/onepiece/images/0/07/Ramen_Kenpo_Infobox.png

????

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

Gimmicky in what way though? They’re account bound, don’t require the profession to use, have a gem slot and you can the choose stats. You can pretty much pick whichever profession gives the look you want or is cheaper to make since they’re identical in function and you can transmute them into anything you want.

Posted by: Grenthblood.1358

Grenthblood.1358

Back Pieces are considered armor by the game engine. They get damaged, and eventually break. This doesn’t happen with trinkets or accessories. Armor is typically only crafted by armor crafting disciplines (armorsmith, tailor, leatherworker).

If the puzzle pieces don’t fit, don’t try to force them. No back item should be added to anything but the armor crafting disciplines unless it’s something discipline specific (like the actual crafting-discipline specific back pieces). Crafting a stove to put on your back fits a chef far more than it does a tailor, for example.

What doesn’t make sense is for an artificer/chef/jeweler/etc. to craft a large, metal protective piece that offers no innate magical properties.

On the topic of large, metal protective pieces though, I wouldn’t mind being able to craft custom cod-pieces. Sometimes the cloth diaper on certain armor sets just ruins the overall aesthetic for me. Wouldn’t mind being able to cover it up.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Spinal bladers is ARMOR!

Spinal blades are backpacks. They share characteristics with armor and with trinkets (although they do not share much with weapons, as the OP implied):

• Armor-qualities: breakable, can be reskinned.
  • Trinket-qualities: appears in trinket slot, uses similar upgrades (doubloons|gemstones, not runes).

True, but craftable by armor crafters like Armorsmith, Tailor and Leatherworker. No backpack was craftable by Jewelers in the time…. Of course nowadays even chefs can make a backpack

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.