No Champ chest again. (and again, and agian)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

For the past two years I have been losing the battle with Shatterer. I have a L80 character parked at it’s location for a daily confrontation, resulting in mix rewards. About a sixth of the time I do not receive either the side chest or the large ground chest, even though I have a gold symbol in the upper corner of the screen and karma reward. I have filed dozens of reports with never an answer.
Note: If I do not get the side chest I will not get the ground chest. It is either both or nothing.

Strangely a guild member that I have played with every night since day one always gets a chest at Shatterer, but may times fails to receive one for both Caledon Forest and Shadow Behemoth at about the same fail rate.

We have all but given up on these events. Any thoughts since Anet seems to not care about out time lost?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think these events sometimes get bugged. I noticed recently that I have not gotten the side chest a few times even though I get the large chest when doing temples in CS. This is something new for me. My only question (and I’m sure I know the answer) is if you are in a full party all the time, although I would imagine if you’re getting the gold medal icon, you should get everything, unless you’ve done it that day already.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Parking at a boss will eventually lead to not getting a chest due to a bug where your event progress fails to update. If this happens, leave the map to “lose” your event progress and start over.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It might be because it’s parked there, and you’re being hit by diminishing returns. Try moving it to a different map. Why is it parked there, anyways? There’s a waypoint that’s like 5 seconds away.

Posted by: Atheas.7580

Atheas.7580

Same thing has happened to me at Karka Queen, Ulgoth and the Orr temples from time to time. It happens in a group and going solo. I’ve been told by other players it’s because I’m not doing enough damage, seriously a full zerk elemental in exotic or better can’t do enough damage? I’ve sent in numerous reports without a single answer from Support. I finally gave up on reporting and just play to play anymore, not hardly worth the effort to even complain when no answer is received. Funny thing is in EoTM I get a chest everytime even when not in a group, go figure.

mtpelion.4562

Same thing has happened to me at Karka Queen, Ulgoth and the Orr temples from time to time. It happens in a group and going solo. I’ve been told by other players it’s because I’m not doing enough damage, seriously a full zerk elemental in exotic or better can’t do enough damage? I’ve sent in numerous reports without a single answer from Support. I finally gave up on reporting and just play to play anymore, not hardly worth the effort to even complain when no answer is received. Funny thing is in EoTM I get a chest everytime even when not in a group, go figure.

The “not enough damage” problem is a separate issue from the “parking” problem.

“Not Enough Damage” comes into play when you are getting event credit (which means you are probably also getting the boss chest and the bonus chest), but are not getting the champion chest (the one that goes into your inventory which you can then open from there). Even that isn’t proved, just a widely held belief by players as a possible explanation for why you sometimes don’t get to loot a champion.

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

This is what happens when farming events. I usually skip events on a schedule. It improves the loot drops.

Angelica Dream.7103

To answer a few questions:

Party:
I have tired both being in a party and solo. It “seems” like I get the chest more often when in a party but I still come up empty a lot.

Parked:
I have five other character parked at other locations with no issue.

Damage:
I am a L80 with exotic armor and weapons. I have played GW for seven years. I now how to fight.

Farming: GW encourages farming to the point of drudgery. Cut down a cypress tree lately?

Finally what ever the problem they need to fix it what ever the reason before add any new silly content, or making the UI pretty. This is a big game event, and still feels like beta.

(edited by Angelica Dream.7103)

mtpelion.4562

Parked:

Again, if you park you WILL eventually run into this issue.

When you do… unpark yourself for a rotation and then go back to parking.

Angelica Dream.7103

Parked:

@mtpelion
Four other character parked at other Champs for a year with no issues. Where do you get your information I have data.

Again a rookie programming error that they form some reason refuse to fix.

mtpelion.4562

Parked:

@mtpelion
Four other character parked at other Champs for a year with no issues. Where do you get your information I have data.

Again a rookie programming error that they form some reason refuse to fix.

Your anecdote was not missed, it just wasn’t relevant.
Having 5 other characters that work great didn’t prevent 1 of your characters from getting bugged and are thus irrelevant to your point, which is that you currently have 1 character who is bugged.

Remove your character from the map. Bug is cleared.

Go on about your business.

EDIT: I should also add that your issue has been posted about and replied too many, many times on the forums. You are free to go back over them and review them if you don’t want to follow my simple advice to correct your issue.

Posted by: Amaretto Creme.4098

Amaretto Creme.4098

I haven’t gotten chests that I should have from teq. And I never park characters there.