No Dervish in Path of Fire? Whaaa?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shadow.7346

shadow.7346

I would of expected to get the Dervish class in the new expansion since it returns to the desert lands of GW1 and would be an ideal time to reveal the Dervish Class. I is Sad man.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

It is most likely going to be explained in a the expansion zone the disappearance of Dervish.

For example, the Spellbreakers are the evoled Paragon’s that once made up the Sunspears now broken down to a shadow of their former self due to Joko’s crusade to eliminate the Sunspears thus the reason why they use Daggers to represent their broken Order as it represents their Broken Spears.

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Also the Spellbreaker has a number of skills that are of similar name and somewhat similar function to Dervish skills.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

No love for the Mirage?

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Things evolve … so does warfare.

Look back at 1767 AD: a majority of the world was colonized by Western European empires: England, France, Spain and Portugal were world powers, along with the Ottoman empire, Quing Dynasty in China and the Prussians of the Eastern European Steppes.

We may look and speak similar languages today, have similar battle-lines or alliances, still fight for territory and resources, but what we use is quite different.

I would love to see a version of the Dervish and Ritualist.

The only thing we can do now is keep letting ANET know that a high enough percentage of players want to see something (like a Dervish) and see how they interpret it into the story.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

When Kalkrakatorik first came to the desert, all the dervishes united to bring him down but got eaten instead. So now there are no more dervishes.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

Maybe we’ll get Dervish as a specialization with Exp3, when we go to Kourna and/or Istan. I don’t think LW Season 4 will bring us way down to those areas and only expand Vabbi, the Crystal Desert and the Desolation.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What’s a Dervish? Never heard of one, and we already got 3 classes per armor type, makes sense we’re done for the time being.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Mervinas.9482

Mervinas.9482

Not sure how many people wanted dervish back, but that would have been great decision from developers to bring it back.
Shall we make a thread with a poll about this (who knows how to make one?)?
As ANet tries and makes new stuff, what about surprise players and make dervish return as part of Living Story? That would be my dream…

darkprecure.6129

I would love to see the dervish return, at least as NPCs. Balthazars followers could have some Dervishes who can use the Avatar of Balthazar Elite-Form. The enemies could hype up the playerbase until they release the Specialization/class during a later Expansion.

And I want the Ritualist to return when we get the Cantha Addon.

Posted by: Eldoth Dyrain.3504

Eldoth Dyrain.3504

Maybe we can play a dervish in a story mission, like a journey to the past to see what happened to them, would be cool…but i wanted it to be a playable class too, like paragon :-)

Posted by: Midnight.7526

Midnight.7526

Well, remember, 250 years have passed here too. Things have changed. Maybe one of the specs changes a existing class to Dervish.

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

The Dervishes in GW1 channeled the power of the gods and transformed into avatars of the gods. Because the gods fled the world after GW1, it makes sense that the Dervishes lost their powers and became defunct.

darkprecure.6129

The Dervishes in GW1 channeled the power of the gods and transformed into avatars of the gods. Because the gods fled the world after GW1, it makes sense that the Dervishes lost their powers and became defunct.

Couldn’t they still use Wind Prayers, Earth Prayers, Scythe Mastery and Skills of Mystery Line that aren’t god avatars? And Balthazar’s back, so he could have Dervishes in his ranks.

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

The Gods weren’t really around in GW1 either, they left before GW1 (Orr was sunk by this point, the only god that was “around” was Abbadon). So they should have been able to continue using the avatar forms.

KryTiKaL.3125

The Gods weren’t really around in GW1 either, they left before GW1 (Orr was sunk by this point, the only god that was “around” was Abbadon). So they should have been able to continue using the avatar forms.

They weren’t physically active on Tyria, no, but the gods were still active in other ways on Tyria. That is the reason for the revival shrines in GW1, the entry ways into the Underworld and Fissure of Woe as well as the Heroes Ascent and Zaishen Order Battle Isles. They were still a bit hands on, but prior to GW2 they just ceased all of that inexplicably.

That is also the reason why Kormir ascended to her divine status.

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

I would of expected to get the Dervish class in the new expansion since it returns to the desert lands of GW1 and would be an ideal time to reveal the Dervish Class. I is Sad man.

Revenant is literally an evolved dervish, instead of channeling human gods it channels everyone.

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

Maybe we’ll get Dervish as a specialization with Exp3, when we go to Kourna and/or Istan. I don’t think LW Season 4 will bring us way down to those areas and only expand Vabbi, the Crystal Desert and the Desolation.

I don’t expect them to release another Elona related expansion after PoF. If Expansion 3 will also have a deserted Elona theme, people will be upset because it’s another deserted expansion right after the first one. The difference between the HoT and PoF theme is huge – jungle vs desert.

Living World Season 4 will probably longer than Season 3 because they won’t already release another expansion after 1 year. It might take us further down to some parts of Kourna but sadly I have a bad feeling for Istan. We will probably never see every part of Elona again.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

KryTiKaL.3125

I don’t expect them to release another Elona related expansion after PoF. If Expansion 3 will also have a deserted Elona theme, people will be upset because it’s another deserted expansion right after the first one. The difference between the HoT and PoF theme is huge – jungle vs desert.

Living World Season 4 will probably longer than Season 3 because they won’t already release another expansion after 1 year. It might take us further down to some parts of Kourna but sadly I have a bad feeling for Istan. We will probably never see every part of Elona again.

People probably thought the same thing about the Ring of Fire island chain, yet here we are with two maps over there. Oh and revisiting Orr.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

but what would dervish do?
they were a sort of melee boonbot, and we already have rev,
they whirled around with a scythe and we already have reaper,

plus i noticed lots of dervish spells are going to the new specs,

from Spellbreaker alone i spotted Aura Slicer, Natural Healing, Sight Beyond Sight, and Winds of Disenchantment.

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

haha I have a sun spear armor so that means I am the last sun spear lol

darkprecure.6129

plus i noticed lots of dervish spells are going to the new specs, […] Sight Beyond Sight, […]

SBS was a Skill from Ritualist. I hope we’ll get a real Ritualist Spec when we will get to Cantha.