No Experience Post Level 80 from Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Winnower.1426

Winnower.1426

Crafting gives no mastery experience, nada, zip, zilch, null.

I find this disconcerting and off-putting. One of the things I love about this game is that nearly everything you do has always given some kind of experience: gathering, crafting, hunting, mapping, hearts, hero points, events, dungeons, fractals, etc.

I find it to be a disappointment that post Heart of Thorns crafting has been downgraded in such a fashion as to give no contributory experience to post level 80 old Tyria progression.

Perhaps this is an oversight, or something that is still being worked out? I’d like to hear from someone official, please, that would give me renewed hope for the future of this issue. There are a lot of people who level toons first and do crafting later so that they can acquire sufficient resources, just like there are a lot of people who go back and finish mapping on toons after leveling to 80.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I doubt this is an oversight, but instead a purposeful decision to avoid the reality of and/or accusations of p2w; as well as insuring players earn masteries doing open world group content rather than crafting in LA.

Masteries unlock content, makes your character “better”; masteries are progression.

Crafting xp can be bought with Tyrian gold.

Tyrian gold can be bought with real world money.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Winnower.1426

Winnower.1426

It’s a lot easier to use real world money to buy Tyrian gold to buy exotic gear and a nice legendary weapon, XP boosters, (and food/utility) and then go off to farm CoF for incredible amounts of fast XP.

So I don’t buy that someone who wants to patiently sit there and craft is any less viable. Good thought though.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Doesn’t Scribing increase your HoT Mastery?

If so, wouldn’t one expect all the other crafting professions to increase your Core Mastery?

Edited: It seems Scribing does NOT increase your HoT Mastery

(edited by Yalora Istairiea.6287)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It would allow people to level Masteries just by standing at a crafting table. I doubt that what the devs want.

Buy gold with gems if needed. Get a char to 80 with tomes, then get to at least level 400 in each crafting discipline. Rinse and repeat as wanted.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

It’s a lot easier to use real world money to buy Tyrian gold to buy exotic gear and a nice legendary weapon, XP boosters, (and food/utility) and then go off to farm CoF for incredible amounts of fast XP.

So I don’t buy that someone who wants to patiently sit there and craft is any less viable. Good thought though.

Wasn’t offering my opinion for sale, but as the possible perspective of the developers.
Imo, expect for xp boosters, your list does not include paying for character progression, but character rewards.
What is up for sale in GW2 and what constitutes character progression is certainly a nebulous subject, one not open to black and white divisions. In the case of masteries, I understand Arenanet’s decision to not allow crafting xp to progress masteries.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Doesn’t Scribing increase your HoT Mastery?

If so, wouldn’t one expect all the other crafting professions to increase your Core Mastery?

As a scribe at 200 scribing and a grand total of 5 gold left on my wallet, I assure you scribing does not grant mastry xp. It barely kittening grants nice chairs.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ