No More Mouse Clicking Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Really. There’s another topic, where people discuss why AN thinks that RNG is fun. I want to point out another problem: why AN thinks that gameplay where you have to stand and perform 334456056769 mouse clicks is fun.

Just take a look at wintersday boxes. You open a box, you get 223354 more boxes. Really? You open those boxes as well, you get tons upon tons of crap most of which you have to manage manually one way or another, which means more clicking.

I just found myself going for this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Time It requires 20 of this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone To get those you have to stand in front of MF and click, click, click…. And i just thought that i’am so, so tired of this.

Now, if it was like every once in a while that wouldn’t be a problem. But that’s not the case unfortunately. Have you ever noticed how absolutely OVERLOADED GW2’s loot table with INSANE amount of crap? Greys, whites, blues, greens, mats, badges, crests, keys etc., etc. Sometimes i really feel that 70% of time i spend in GW2 are spent on managing this crap. Selling, salvaging, destorying, banking, forging. Click, click, click, click…. Jesus Christ. I have yet to see another MMO out there with such a horribly designed loot table. Absolutely HORRIBLY. Crap Wars 2.

I understand that such thing as loot table can’t be fixed at this point. But AN, PLEASE, can we stop with this idiotic philosophy of overloading this game with all kinds of items? Can’t you think of more elegant ways to design your rewards and loot? Thank you.

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

I think a simple solution would be to have an option on right click that says “open all”, “use all”, “consume all”or something with that concept.

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Agreed – this needs to stop.

They need to stop making us need work-arounds and stuff built out of lego ( see other thread).

Just give us an “open all” option. Simple.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Amroth.2170

Amroth.2170

It’s their new core gameplay. What are you whining about?

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

It’s horrible and something should have been done about it a a long time ago.

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I agree. This game is a clickfest from hell. Wintersday is a particularly hideous example. The interface in this game is horrible when it comes to opening and salvaging items. Click, click, click, click, click gets to be a bit too much when there are obvious and easy ways to streamline this. You get the impression this is another tedious time-sink in a game overloaded with grind and make-work. Let’s add repetitive stress injuries to the downside of this game.

I read somewhere that maxing out luck will require you to salvage 144,000 items. WTF? That’s just the luck grind. That’s just one clickapalooza. Then there’s the opening the bags grind and the bags inside of boxes and salvage items inside of bags grind. Then there’s buying items in bulk from vendors…click, click, click.

A simple “open all bags” command would eliminate this mess while still providing the convenience of bagged loot.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Yup, this game is so washed out with junk, mostly account bound junk, anyone would thing ANet were selling storage to put it all in!

Having to double-click large stacks of junk, clicking on boxes that open up to yield other boxes is just stupid. Recipes that require bits made with other recipes with require bits from other recipes and so on.

It’s REALLY bad user experience. Where did it say in the guild wars manifesto that they want to make a game where everyone stands around for hours sorting out the junk in their inventory?

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Dont forget the ability to buy more than 1 item at merchants. Buying those Sun Beads for Hylek Weapons was awful.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

yip its just such an outdated approach for a modern day MMO to have single click malarkey like this.

Go by all those sun stones from the Hylek chappy to make the beaded weapons for example… opening multiple loot in the quantities this game likes to make you grind out.. its getting to the point macro’ing isn’t such a bad idea to risk .. I bet doctors and nurses are loving ANET for keeping them gainfully employed dealing with RSS.

Such a poor backwards lazy game mechanic.. surely it shouldn’t of been that much of an issue to 1-click then bring up a Qty box or select all option… this is just bullcrap imo.

Time-sinking to this degree, if that’s truly the ploy.. its pretty lame imo.

Posted by: Vax Tezhme.7128

Vax Tezhme.7128

I’m all cool with there being more rewards and such, but it really does feel like the rewards are generally useless – how many Toy Soldier tonics and Minor Runes of Snowfall do I really need? But just by getting my dailies, I go through piles of boxes just to get piles of things that I have nothing to do with besides sell for pennies on the TP, or even worse, just destroy because they aren’t useful and I can’t sell them (I can’t count the number of Giver’s inscriptions and insignias that I’ve had to sift through. )

Heck, I’ve still got 100+ Rotten Eggs from Halloween just sitting in my bank. And while I like the gameplay of Dry Top and Silverwastes (and I like the geodes and bandit shields), do I really need to get a non-stop stream of greens and blues?

The endless mouse-clicking is a pain, but I could stand a lot of it if there was something useful (or at least interesting) to come out of it. A lot of the loot is just dead-end stuff. Even achievements for some of these would give us something for it.

I preferred the more rare but more interesting stuff you could get from previous events, like the candy corn nodes, or the little Zephyr Sanctum diorama. I don’t mind working for stuff. And I know that people need lower level rewards – those are cool too. But my inventory feels like an episode of Hoarders lately.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I bet doctors and nurses are loving ANET for keeping them gainfully employed dealing with RSS.

Exactly. I forgot to mention that. On top of everything it’s also unhealthy.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

There should be a “Consume All” button.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

they really do need a “use multiple” option somewhere, yeah. nothing more annoying than standing there giving yourself RSI consuming luck

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

There are 2 seperate problems with the current item system:

1. Too many containers in bags in containers.

You click a container to get a container you click to get a container to get some item. It doesn’t add to my gaming experience to click away my time this way. There must be a made a way so that the items are put into my inventory directly. This involves the removal of junk items and other irrelevant items – or a natural and free extension of the inventory to store these kind of junk items, like the material tabs in the bank account.

2. Too many stackable items that can only be “clicked away”, like luck essences or salvageable items.

For this we need a (double) click autorepeat. Click or double click on a stack once while holding some configurable modifier key(s), and the click or double click is repeated onto this stack as long as I hold the modifier key(s) down. If this function is only available out of combat, I don’t see a potential of misuse.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

things like transmutation charges, limited use finisher should just be automatically applied to the account when acquired unless the account is maxed on them. They serve no other purpose than to click and add to an inventory counter.

Luck needs a “use all” option when you right click on it. Please.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

So to sum up…

‘I have to click on things?? Waaaaah!’

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

rapthorne.7345

So to sum up…

‘I have to click on things?? Waaaaah!’

I have arthritis in my arms and wrists and suffer from carpal tunnel. I have had to set up an auto clicker just to use my luck items because it is physically painful for me to click the amount of times needed to use things. Especially with the sheer amount of luck consumables the presents are offering.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I can’t believe somebody created this topic. And somebody followed up by saying he/she had arthritis and is painful to click.

I suggest you sue Anet for the amount of clicking they are forcing upon your hand. Because they ARE clearly forcing you to do that.

That right there is violation upon your human rights. Those kittens forcing you to click causing you pain

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

How winter’s day is going so far: http://imgur.com/8c8ABIf

rapthorne.7345

I can’t believe somebody created this topic. And somebody followed up by saying he/she had arthritis and is painful to click.

I suggest you sue Anet for the amount of clicking they are forcing upon your hand. Because they ARE clearly forcing you to do that.

That right there is violation upon your human rights. Those kittens forcing you to click causing you pain

not at all what I was getting at, I’m just genuinely surprised by the lack of a “use multiple” context button for consumable stacks.