No Patch next week... Confirmed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The past 7 trailers were all posted by this time… no trailer this week = no patch next week?

I know people had been speculating that wintersday might replace the final LS patch… is it official now or is Anet just asleep on the job?

Edit: Confirmed, delayed for PvP:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/season-2-returns-on-january-13/

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

If I had to make an educated guess, I’d say:

Wintersday next week, then a six week break on new content, final of the LS Season 2 in Feb 2015.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

There have been a few weeks where the trailers got posted at a later time, I wouldn’t jump to any conclusion right now. During points of interest they even mentioned December 16th so it would be strange if they suddenly ‘sorry guys, wait a little longer’.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Wintersday will be released at Dec 16th for sure. For Episode 8 I am not that sure any longer. Even the press has nothing to say so far.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i think we will get it next week, if only to farm the numerous bandit crests and mordrem parts that we will need to complete the luminescent armor. Then there will probably be a feature patch/ wvw tourney in january to give even more time to run silverwastes for crests before the next section/season of the LS

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Feature patches are 6monthly.. september/march are the release months for those..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

December 16th is too late. This is getting stupid. First we only get one week to enjoy Halloween and now we only get Wintersday for one week? Every MMO I’m playing other than this one started winter holiday events on December 1.

Stop worrying about overwhelming players with dividing up content Devs! Give us what we want!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

ZudetGambeous.9573

confirmed… they can’t even keep up with 2 week releases for more than 3 in a row now. So much for releasing more content than the competition.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

With a rehash of previous festivals and reduced living story episodes, I would say that when it comes to fresh content Guild Wars falls slightly behind the average active AAA MMO.

This year has been kinda pathetic for Guild Wars really. I am not going to quit, but my expectations are severely low for next year. Arena Net was my favorite game developer, but since release that positive opinion has been slowly worn away by bad decisions, silence and constantly ignoring fan wants/desires in favor of bad `metricsĀ“ shoddy writing and lack of peer review.

Have a merry PvP Christmas everyone, after all, that is Arena Nets focus these days. I think I will spend the next month and a half in a different MMO, one that provides fresh and rewarding festival content each year.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

confirmed… they can’t even keep up with 2 week releases for more than 3 in a row now. So much for releasing more content than the competition.

This is sad. The lack of real competition on the MMO market is allowing Anet to slack.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

December 16th is too late. This is getting stupid. First we only get one week to enjoy Halloween and now we only get Wintersday for one week? Every MMO I’m playing other than this one started winter holiday events on December 1.

Stop worrying about overwhelming players with dividing up content Devs! Give us what we want!

Halloween started on October 21, 2014. Halloween ended on November 4, 2014.
This constitutes a 2 week period making your statement above false.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Kaiyanwan.8521

So 4 weeks instead of 6. I’d still say my educated guess was very educated anyway.

I think I fully understand now how ANet works internally. Which is sad.

Next time, I will sacrifice more kittens again, so we will get the updates faster, maybe a baby elephant too, so we can get an expansion.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

December 16th → December 23rd → December 30th → January 6th → January 13th

I make that 4 weeks of Wintersday not 1.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

So 4 weeks instead of 6. I’d still say my educated guess was very educated anyway.

Next time, I will sacrifice more kittens again, so we will get the updates faster, maybe a baby elephant too, so we can get an expansion.

What is sad? That Anet staff have a 2 weeks holiday to get back to their family before getting back on their 2 weeks schedule?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Are we getting a new Wintersday event? Trying to understand all the excitement over this.

edit: nevermind just saw this link, plan to take a pass on it all pretty much. Maybe 2015 will look better.
http://dulfy.net/2014/12/09/gw2-season-2-of-living-world-to-return-on-jan-13/

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

It’s really disappointing, seriously. I thought ANet was on the right track, with breathe-taking updates, some festival with/before updates, yet they take ANOTHER break.

“Oh my god, it’s an important door!” “Sure, but let’s play with snowballs and open presents with dirty socks in them!” “True, that’s more important!”

If they don’t tease/release something significant quite soon (aka before or right after Jan. 13), the game will dive… I’ve loved and played this game a lot, yet besides LS updates (even the really short ones we got lately), I’m getting bored. Ok, that’s not the question, but ANet is slowly lulling us to sleep.

Wintersday is a nice festival, yet it’s a really really bad move to release it right in the middle of a LS (they can’t even keep up with the pace they promised, again !)… Remember that things asked for a while “cannot be release because they don’t fit the LS” is complete dolyak’s manure.

I’m disappointed, once again. And sadly I’ve been disappointed more times than I’ve been amazed.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I do not understand why ArenaNet are deliberately trying to kill this game!

Almost ZERO content has been added since release, and any content that is added is either finished within an hour or removed.

What is going on at AN headquarters? Why have they completely given up all hope with this game? Do they have any plans for the future? Do they care about there customers? Are the developers fighting? Is there not enough money?

The decisions AN have made over the last two years have been shockingly bad, secrets, lies, back-flips, the developers are abusing us.

They clearly have NO idea what direction to take this game in, and even if they did make a decision they would most likely scrap it within weeks, changing there minds multiple times.

Living World has improved story telling from Season One, but the the drip-feeding of extremely little content and a highly predictable story makes Season One superior to Season Two… which is extremely depressing considering how horrible Season One was!

Colin Johanson said before Season Two started that if Living World wasn’t a success they wouldn’t continue to force it down our throats, they would admit defeat and change there strategy. IT IS TIME TO ADMIT DEFEAT ARENA NET!

The only thing capable of saving this game now is an expansion, a massive expansion early 2015. Even then this game is on thin wire. The developers need to STOP LYING to us, they need to be 100% honest about the future of this game, they need to tell us there plans!

Thanks for ruining Christmas ArenaNet.

(edited by Arnath.2319)

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Almost ZERO content has been added since release, and any content that is added is either finished within an hour or removed.

I do not understand why you feel the need to deliberately post false statements!

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

This is just horrible.

kittenton of hype.
0 actual delivery.
0 communication.
100% unprofessional.

I work for a Global Fortune 20 company and I can say one thing – it is impossible to pull off such BS here. My department would be fired immediately if we delivered products with Anet’s approach.

See you in January, guys.

Leman

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

oh, gee, another break.

After the annoying cliffhanger and breaks i am just disapointed that the story leaves at such an agravating note.
Slow clap everyone, this does not get me into any festival mood, as it will be the same as last year (for 95%, but in DR as it seems).

I am understanding the why and how it got there, but I have to ask: “Are you sure you want to end the year with that ending?”

Geez, not as bad as Fireflys shedule at release, but ugh…

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

I do not understand why you feel the need to deliberately post false statements!

If he’s going to argue that there’s no content, the least you could do is back up your response. Cause’ right now you’re going to lose this battle my friend.

What a Churlundalo

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Look, I’m as unsatisfied by the game’s series of insubstantial content updates as the next guy, but kitten… The amount of whining in this thread is almost unbearable.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If he’s going to argue that there’s no content, the least you could do is back up your response. Cause’ right now you’re going to lose this battle my friend.

Technically it’s up to the one stating there’s a lack of content to post their evidence as they’re the one who made the argument first.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Guys it’s christmas, what is going on. Everybody will be on vacation, including the dev. Did you really expect them to make a update on december 30? Really????

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Jedge.3619

Technically it’s up to the one stating there’s a lack of content to post their evidence as they’re the one who made the argument first.

My friend, you are not diving deep enough into this argument. Look forward not back.

What a Churlundalo

ZudetGambeous.9573

Guys it’s christmas, what is going on. Everybody will be on vacation, including the dev. Did you really expect them to make a update on december 30? Really????

No we expected it December 16th… when it should have been.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I think the problem is not what’s happening on December 16th, but what didn’t happen on December 2nd — Seeds of Truth didn’t leave people with the feeling that they had actually accomplished anything, and anet is leaving things for six weeks on that dull note.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Ayrilana.1396

My friend, you are not diving deep enough into this argument. Look forward not back.

Yeah… Still doesn’t change the fact that it’s not on him to provide the evidence. Arnath stated that almost zero content was added without provide any proof and mtpelion challenged it.

If you want, I can state that the state the Earth is flat, have you challenge this, and then say that you must prove me wrong.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

It is also not clear if EP 8 is the last one. No mention of the unforgettable finale in the current announcement. If we will, face more episodes than one I can justify the break. If we only get EP 8 it would be very disappointing – except it is bigger than EP 5-7 together.

Or they should start the season 2 weeks earlier to implement all episodes without additional breaks.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah… Still doesn’t change the fact that it’s not on him to provide the evidence. Arnath stated that almost zero content was added without provide any proof and mtpelion challenged it.

If you want, I can state that the state the Earth is flat, have you challenge this, and then say that you must prove me wrong.

You can’t prove that something doesn’t exist, how would you do that exactly? It is up to you to prove that there has been a substantial amount of content added.

Like this:

In the first 2 years of WoW Blizzard released:

8 new dungeons
5 new raids
10 new zones
1 new race
500+ quests
6 PvP maps
2 PvP modes
10 new levels
20+ new skills
50+ new talents
LFg system
Cross server system (first of its kind ever)
4 Festivals

WoW is considered the golden standard of MMO’s, your job would be to show that GW2 does indeed release a similar amount of content. (Hint: it doesn’t).

Ayrilana.1396

You can’t prove that something doesn’t exist, how would you do that exactly? It is up to you to prove that there has been a substantial amount of content added.

Like this:

8 new dungeons
5 new raids
10 new zones
1 new race
500+ quests
6 PvP maps
2 PvP modes
10 new levels
20+ new skills
50+ new talents
LFg system
4 Festivals

WoW is considered the golden standard of MMO’s, your job would be to show that GW2 does indeed release a similar amount of content. (Hint: it doesn’t).

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

“There is no such thing as unicorns!”

“Prove it!!”

….

How shall he provide evidence that there has not been anything added? The burden of proof is on no one.

Yes, he exaggerated by saying “zero new content”.

But also, for those of us who play game modes besides open-world PvE, there has been very little added. Certainly not the “expansion worthy” content we were promised.

Now stop being pedantic and mincing words :P

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Actually, anyone who makes a statement should back it up with evidence, regardless if it was in response to someone else.

Otherwise the comment is just as hollow as the original post

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I was hoping they would end this year with a bang.

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

It’s telling how the announcement of a festival event has your players acting like they stepped on a landmine. If you want to recycle content as is, how about turning on SAB too.

Ayrilana.1396

Actually, anyone who makes a statement should back it up with evidence, regardless if it was in response to someone else.

Otherwise the comment is just as hollow as the original post

True, that it’s best when done that way but it’s not required initially when someone opposes the initial argument which lacked evidence or facts to back it up.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I try to not complain too much about GW2 because I really do enjoy the game. But I’m so tired of these long breaks between LS releases, especially when they happen so close together. I used to log in and do stuff every day. Since last week’s release, however, I’ve maybe logged on three times because I’ve just lost my motivation to play. And now that I know the most recent LS cliffhanger won’t be resolved for more than a month (and will probably end in another cliffhanger), I just . . . bleh. I’ll probably log on to do some Wintersday stuff because I do enjoy that (and my son loves watching the Wintersday JP), but I can’t imagine I’ll be doing that much of it.

It’s starting to be like how I feel about TV shows; just as the story starts to get good, they go on a month (or longer) mid-season break, and I lose interest.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Clearly they’re not trying hard enough because you’re still here.

WTF ANET, kill the game faster!

Kaiyanwan.8521

What is sad? That Anet staff have a 2 weeks holiday to get back to their family before getting back on their 2 weeks schedule?

Haha, you must be kidding. The staff must had more vacation than work this year.

7 season 2 episodes (mini updates) in NINE monthes? Ok, ok, let me get this straight, less than a mini content update every month. While they still talk about a bi-weekly schedule for that.

Any less content, and they will have to take stuff out again. And don’t tell me the recycled wintersday is any kind of excuse, or recycled halloween.

The only thing worse than this is what we got with the so called feature patches…

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I really like the game too. I just wish they’d pay attention to the parts of it that I like instead of only open-world PvE.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

how do you kill something that which is not even alive?

Jedge.3619

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Edit. You’re still missing the entire point. But the earth is flat.. go on

What a Churlundalo

(edited by Jedge.3619)

DiogoSilva.7089

I just had a talk with a friend about this game. He has yet to play it, as he needs a better rig, and I’m not sure if he’s interested in it anymore. He talked about how everyone he knows stopped playing or talking about GW2, and that I was the only one left. I wanted to convince him that GW2 is a decent game, nonetheless, but it’s hard to say anything when all we’ve gotten was a few living world story chapters and feature/ convenience patches for the whole year.

So then I came back home, and it turns out that we’ll have to wait over a month to get the next two story instances. Great, isn’kitten

ZudetGambeous.9573

Like this:

8 new dungeons
5 new raids
10 new zones
1 new race
500+ quests
6 PvP maps
2 PvP modes
10 new levels
20+ new skills
50+ new talents
LFg system
4 Festivals

Ahh yes the old use a logical fallacy to end the argument when you lose….

Here I’ll start for you:

Number of zones added: 3*
New zones are 1/3 the size or smaller than original game zones
Number of new races: 0
Number of new classes: 0
Number of new legendary’s: 0
Number of new dungeons: 1

1 dungeon also removed
Number of new raids: 0
Number of new quests(DE’s): ~50
LFG Added
Fractals Added
New PvP modes: 1

Removed from rotation
New PvP maps: 3

One removed, one removed from rotation
Number of LS episodes: 29
*22 removed

Note: This was over 2.5 years as opposed to WoW’s Two years

Would you say that GW2 released a reasonable amount of content in those 2 years as compared to WoW?

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I just had a talk with a friend about this game. He has yet to play it, as he needs a better rig, and I’m not sure if he’s interested in it anymore. He talked about how everyone he knows stopped playing or talking about GW2, and that I was the only one left. I wanted to convince him that GW2 is a decent game, nonetheless, but it’s hard to say anything when all we’ve gotten was a few living world story chapters and feature/ convenience patches for the whole year.

So then I came back home, and it turns out that we’ll have to wait over a month to get the next two story instances. Great, isn’kitten

What you are feeling right now is a sense of “over passion” akin to being loser drunk at the bar with a side of hangover goodness in the morning.

My suggestion is to not push the subject too aggressively due to the fact that you are in your own limbo and simply let him be with his own devices. If he buys it, good for him, and then you can show him everything you’ve experienced in the game. If not, don’t think about it too much, let it be.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I was hoping they would end this year with a bang.

Instead it’s just another fart.

Point of no return, no less. Might have a different meaning to what AN had in mind.

Ayrilana.1396

Like this:

8 new dungeons
5 new raids
10 new zones
1 new race
500+ quests
6 PvP maps
2 PvP modes
10 new levels
20+ new skills
50+ new talents
LFg system
4 Festivals

Here I’ll start for you:

1 dungeon also removed
LFG Added
Fractals Added

Removed from rotation

*22 removed

Would you say that GW2 released a reasonable amount of content in those 2 years as compared to WoW?

Sorry but those items are not the definitive list of what counts as content. Those of us playing since release have experienced a wealth of content rather than the argued “almost zero”.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Edit. You’re still missing the entire point. But the earth is flat.. go on

No. I’m arguing against the initial post that I quoted. You’re defending the individual’s argument, which was not backed up by anything, by saying that those that disagree should provide proof to their arguments and that anyone who disagrees that they should over the person who made the claim is just missing the point.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Jedge.3619

Like this:

8 new dungeons
5 new raids
10 new zones
1 new race
500+ quests
6 PvP maps
2 PvP modes
10 new levels
20+ new skills
50+ new talents
LFg system
4 Festivals

Here I’ll start for you:

1 dungeon also removed
LFG Added
Fractals Added

Removed from rotation

*22 removed

Sorry but those items are not the definitive list of what counts as content. Those of us playing since release have experienced a wealth of content rather than the argued “almost zero”.

Wait.. hold up My friend. I’d like an explanation of what you define as “content”. I’ve been playing since release my friend, and I do not feel that there has been a wealth of content. Prove me wrong.

What a Churlundalo

(edited by Jedge.3619)

DiogoSilva.7089

My suggestion is to not push the subject too aggressively due to the fact that you are in your own limbo and simply let him be with his own devices. If he buys it, good for him, and then you can show him everything you’ve experienced in the game. If not, don’t think about it too much, let it be.

To be honest, if no expansion is announced at the season’s finale, I’ll be the one that needs convincing.