No Personal Bank in Guild Hall?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Why is there no Personal Bank in the guild hall?

I believe once one chooses scribing they might be able to use the collectibles tab to access bank but why not allow us to get a bank npc otherwise?

Is this something in the works?
Also if personal bank is not possible to add, please allow us to use the Treasury window to read the contents of the bank/collectible so players can donate items not in their inventory.

Also another another great upgrade would be to have the the Mystic forge and crafting NPCs.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Use the scribing station.

You don’t need to be a scribe to access the bank through the scribing station.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

ZilentNight.5089

yea I am aware of that work around but they should just add it either under the Treasury tab at each vendor.

Seems like very few vendors are actually available in the guild hall.

Quarktastic.1027

yea I am aware of that work around but they should just add it either under the Treasury tab at each vendor.

Seems like very few vendors are actually available in the guild hall.

Considering that every crafting station has always doubled as a bank, I see it as less of a workaround and more of a consolidation of resources.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

ZilentNight.5089

Would still prefer if they added bank tab separately.

Also that still does not answer the lack of Mystic Forge and other crafting npcs.

Quarktastic.1027

Also that still does not answer the lack of Mystic Forge and other crafting npcs.

I suspect the lack of a mystic forge/crafting stations is anets way of saying “we don’t want to render cities completely obsolete.” And I fully agree with that.

If guild halls had mystic forge/trading post/crafting stations, I would probably never step foot in Lion’s Arch again.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I suspect the lack of a mystic forge/crafting stations is anets way of saying “we don’t want to render cities completely obsolete.” And I fully agree with that.

If guild halls had mystic forge/trading post/crafting stations, I would probably never step foot in Lion’s Arch again.

This. Though I do think they should add some extremely high cost/impractical means to achieve them.

Something like 25 pocket mystic forges to install a MF in your guild hall, or like thousands of consumable guild commendation crafting stations to install them permanently in the hall.

Like, options that are so high cost and impractical that they’re almost the equivalent of a “guild hall legendary” in that they grant a nice prestige and QoL feature, but do so at a cost that is so stupidly high it’s almost a better idea just to ignore them.

I mean they already sell the permanent airship/nobles passes for gems, and those are of much lesser cost when converted to gold, and they haven’t suddenly made cities obsolete.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

As noted above – it is likely to prevent cities from emptying out.

One of the major reasons people left MMOs like Wildstar was the perception that people had left… Likewise everytime WoW hits a downward spiral a LOT of it is driven by perception.

But even as Wildstar was emptying out, the “zone” chat channel for the private player housing – which was shared across all houses on a faction – remained buzzing with activity.

Likewise, many people started feeling WoW was empty, when in reality it just had 103% of the playerbase hiding in their Garrisons.

Guild Halls are great – but they need to be done in a way that makes them a temporary spot to visit, for things like guild gatherings, and NOT a place to hang out for hours on end.

As much as we love places to hang out for hours on end… they make the game feel empty and run the risk of creating a panic among people who falsely believe everybody else “quit” the game…

I suspect this is why FFXIV’s housing / guild hall system is not instanced… which resulted in a mile long list of other more severe problems… but at least it left people thinking the game was active…

(In fact, since the reason your epic FFXIV guild, top on the server, already raiding the bosses the devs haven’t even made yet, cannot buy a guild hall, is because they are ALL already sold to solo players that left the game… the place actually looks a LOT more active than it is… :P )

One sign that ArenaNet is thinking about things in terms of this kind of perception is that Lion’s Arch has only one bank and one trading post. The previous version had 73 of each…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)