No RNG on Ascended Salvaging!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

If I have to salvage an Exotic and don’t get any Dark Matter, ok, fine, I’m down a couple gold, too bad. But if I’m forced to salvage an Ascended item for new mats, I’d better be getting 100% of the total possible reward every single time. I want this to kittened in stone before the feature launches, so they don’t have to feel bad about people that burned through all their supplies on day one.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

most important, 100% recovery on upgrades like infusions etc….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+1

Ascended drop rates are extremely low, and earning a ring can take a month… That’s 1 ring that will fill up 1/6 slots for 1 character on 1 build.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yep I agree it will be ludicrous if it isn’t.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

It’s obvious that they are currently planning to involve an RNG. “…salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all will provide a chance at the new ball of dark energy salvage item…” (emphasis mine)

It seems pretty likely that ascended salvaging is primarily aimed at rings, which are ridiculously easy to get through fractals. On top of that, they’re making low-scale fractals more welcoming, so getting those rings will be even easier. The fact that you can salvage armor and weapons looks like it’s mainly for people who already have all the ascended armor and weapons they want, allowing them to salvage the rare random ascended drop instead of just vendoring it.

I strongly suspect that crafting ascended gear to salvage is a waste of gold.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

+1

Ascended drop rates are extremely low, and earning a ring can take a month… That’s 1 ring that will fill up 1/6 slots for 1 character on 1 build.

I don’t get these kind of comments. That’s like saying drop rates for iron ore are low while never mining in the appropriate areas.

Rings are one of the easiest slots to come by. They can get aquired by:

- simply waiting and buying them for laurels (this has nothing to do with drop rates and gives a baseline for how long it maximum takes)
- for 10 pristine fractal relics which take a maximum of 10 days and a minimum of 3 days if fractal dailies are taken advantage of
- can drop with 25-35% chance at the end of fractals of level 40-50
- gained via numerous low chance drops from chests from wvw
- etc

How does getting fractal rings take in any form a month if someone wants to gain a ring?

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

+1

A month? You don’t play WvW. You’d be lucky to get one every four months!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

sephiroth.4217

+1

A month? You don’t play WvW. You’d be lucky to get one every four months!

yes a month!!!! through your login laurels! lol

All I do is WvW

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

sephiroth.4217

+1

I don’t get these kind of comments. That’s like saying drop rates for iron ore are low while never mining in the appropriate areas.

- simply waiting and buying them for laurels (this has nothing to do with drop rates and gives a baseline for how long it maximum takes) —-——— earning a ring can take a month / saving laurels is what I meant

- for 10 pristine fractal relics which take a maximum of 10 days and a minimum of 3 days if fractal dailies are taken advantage of —-—Im a WvW player for 3 years now, level 1 fractal is my level lol, people who know me know I hate anything PvE and sometimes it was guild joke to try and get me to at least the dark room of EB JP without me rage quitting or to even finish a dungeon run without me again, leaving for wvw instead.

- can drop with 25-35% chance at the end of fractals of level 40-50——— same answer as above

- gained via numerous low chance drops from chests from wvw —-——- Ascended drop rates are extremely low………
- etc

How does getting fractal rings take in any form a month if someone wants to gain a ring?

I did it the lazy way and put answers in bold in your quote thing, might help you understand…

TLDR version: I’m a WvW player.

….. And Elementalist.

Cyninja.2954

+1

- simply waiting and buying them for laurels (this has nothing to do with drop rates and gives a baseline for how long it maximum takes) —-——— *earning a ring can take a month / saving laurels is what I meant

- for 10 pristine fractal relics which take a maximum of 10 days and a minimum of 3 days if fractal dailies are taken advantage of —-—Im a WvW player for 3 years now, level 1 fractal is my level lol, people who know me know I hate anything PvE and sometimes it was guild joke to try and get me to at least the dark room of EB JP without me rage quitting or to even finish a dungeon run without me again, leaving for wvw instead.

- can drop with 25-35% chance at the end of fractals of level 40-50——— same answer as above

- gained via numerous low chance drops from chests from wvw —-——- Ascended drop rates are extremely low………
- etc

I did it the lazy way and put answers in bold in your quote thing, might help you understand…

So you admit to not using the most efficient method ingame to aquire the item you desire. Great, that’s all the information needed.

Maybe you should be advocating for anet to improve availability of ascended rings via wvw instead of generalizing that they are hard/rare to come by.

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

For any content outside Fractal Ascended rates are nightmare. 30ish armor chests , 4 asc weapons and more than enough rings to open a store.. in 6 months (20,30,40,50) as example.

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

sephiroth im making my statment based on your first comment and the reply comming to that and your first comment is something a long the lines of:
+1
atleast if im not much mistaken and that statment is a general for the whole game as no game mode is mentioned and then saying that they drop a lot and it will max take 10 days of fractals clearly 10 days is a lot shorter then a month is simply showing your ignorance of that.
then trying to say that you only ment for wvw is just you trying to save face as your comment is clearly showing a general statment so if you want to make it from a wvw point of view then say so.
and im not upset about you think its a good ide that is up to you im just irritated you going agienst others when it is undeserved as they correct your mistake

and if you are after something the best way to get it is going to use the fastes rute atleast if it is needed for you to have fun and ant without it else the speed you gain anything is not important as it is just a game the importance is having fun.

and to make it clear im agienst the OP’s surgestion to

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

+1

If by ‘earning a ring can take a month’ you mean one a day, every day…

I take it you don’t fractal.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wonder when we will finally see 4 fractal dailys, since they really seem to want
force us more and more into them.

New Legendarys only for fractal players is really a great concept.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Draknar.5748

I wonder when we will finally see 4 fractal dailys, since they really seem to want

A legendary backpiece. You can already get an exclusive Ascended backpiece from fractals and I don’t see people crying about that.

Or do you think that fractals will have the only legendary backpiece available in the entire game, because I highly doubt that. But even so, whatever. Good items should in fact require someone to put effort into it.

I wanted the Glorious armor skin, but didn’t really enjoy PvP that much, did I kitten about it like so many did? Nope, I sucked it up and set a goal for myself to play X games a day until I had all of the pieces.

No one is putting a gun to your head, if you don’t want to play fractals, don’t play them, but you can’t expect to get the exclusive items from that game mode on top of it.

It’s like you’ve never played an MMO before. Sometimes there are items that are exclusive to a dungeon, game mode, zone, etc. This isn’t exclusive to GW2.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Post title is what we want and deserve.

RNG is what we’ll get. Again. -_-

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Beldin.5498

A legendary backpiece. You can already get an exclusive Ascended backpiece from fractals and I don’t see people crying about that.

Or do you think that fractals will have the only legendary backpiece available in the entire game, because I highly doubt that. But even so, whatever. Good items should in fact require someone to put effort into it.

I wanted the Glorious armor skin, but didn’t really enjoy PvP that much, did I kitten about it like so many did? Nope, I sucked it up and set a goal for myself to play X games a day until I had all of the pieces.

No one is putting a gun to your head, if you don’t want to play fractals, don’t play them, but you can’t expect to get the exclusive items from that game mode on top of it.

It’s like you’ve never played an MMO before. Sometimes there are items that are exclusive to a dungeon, game mode, zone, etc. This isn’t exclusive to GW2.

Its not just the backpack .. the mats you only get from salkittenscended stuff is
needed for all new legendary items.

So all future legendarys are now only for fractal grinders .. yeah great concept
to finally turn GW2 into another generic dungeon grinder.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Ascended was supposed to take a long time to get, that was the point.

But something with such a slow acquisition should not be subject to the same kind of RNG (imagine if the final forging of a legendary had a 90% chance to fail and give you nothing? Or even a 10% chance?).
We already get the stuff slowly enough, and we already deal with crappy RNG from so many sources.

What next, crafting is going to start introducing a chance of failure? You lose all the mats from the attempt and get nothing? That’s how a lot of free to play games pump up the grind, they add small percent RNG and chances of failure to everything they can, so it takes far more grinding and far more attempts to achieve something than it otherwise would (and then sell you cash shop items to boost your chances by tiny amounts).

I’ve always been (mostly) fine with legendaries being a long term process and requiring lots of grind. But they don’t need all that grind plus a bunch more grind plus a bunch more RNG.
We have enough as it is.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

+1

as a lvl 13 fractal…. I’ve yet to see this daily ring drop you’re talking about. Or any for that matter. I’m even hard pressed to get mist essence, and I do runs at least 3 times a week.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

+1

as a lvl 13 fractal…. I’ve yet to see this daily ring drop you’re talking about. Or any for that matter. I’m even hard pressed to get mist essence, and I do runs at least 3 times a week.

How are you only at level 13 when you do them at least 3 times a week? Did you just start doing them like 4 weeks ago? I’m only at level 13, but that’s because I’ve only done them about 13 times.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Of course, salvaging is going to use random rates; that’s how every other salvage in the game works.

However, it’s premature to worry about it, because we don’t know if this is going to be the only method for obtaining this type of material, how much we’ll need, or how much will drop from salvaging or other sources.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If I have to salvage an Exotic and don’t get any Dark Matter, ok, fine, I’m down a couple gold, too bad. But if I’m forced to salvage an Ascended item for new mats, I’d better be getting 100% of the total possible reward every single time. I want this to kittened in stone before the feature launches, so they don’t have to feel bad about people that burned through all their supplies on day one.

I dont think getting dark matter is a problem, as there are hundreds of different exotic gear items available on the tp that you can salvage without a loss, if not with a profit, if you sell the tradeable items that you salvaged (ectos, ori, upgrade components, insignias, inscriptions).

And i guess the dark balls of energy will also we awarded through fractal encryptions and maybe other reward systems as well, so i doubt that someone has to craft ascended gear in order to salvage it and get enough dark energy for crafting a new legendary weapon or back item. The journey towards that will be long anyways and will most likely involve enough ascended drops through various means to get most of the dark energy you need.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Here comes your first daily reminder that this Legendary backpiece if for FOTM players. Im also here to inform you that FOTM will drop a boatload of ascended (garbage) rings so the new crafting material will come easily when you are busy filling out your other tasks in order to get the backpiece.

Beldin.5498

I dont think getting dark matter is a problem, as there are hundreds of different exotic gear items available on the tp that you can salvage without a loss, if not with a profit, if you sell the tradeable items that you salvaged (ectos, ori, upgrade components, insignias, inscriptions).

And i guess the dark balls of energy will also we awarded through fractal encryptions and maybe other reward systems as well, so i doubt that someone has to craft ascended gear in order to salvage it and get enough dark energy for crafting a new legendary weapon or back item. The journey towards that will be long anyways and will most likely involve enough ascended drops through various means to get most of the dark energy you need.

Why do you guess that ? There is also no other way to get Dark Matter.
And salvaging exotics fro free only happens when you say that Black Lion Kits
are free or you are so lucky to get an average of 2 ectos per salvage with the
mystic kit.

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

+1

- simply waiting and buying them for laurels (this has nothing to do with drop rates and gives a baseline for how long it maximum takes) —-——— earning a ring can take a month / saving laurels is what I meant

- etc

This is pretty much me as well. However, over time I’m now at full ascended accessories and trying to complete a cloth/leather set on my Mesmer (1 armor piece) and Engie/Ranger (2 armor pieces) respectively. I don’t mind pve but I’d rather be killing people instead. I’m not saying lets hand out free ascended gear (as this is already being done but it takes time) but the drop rates in WvW have to be adjusted. Since ascended gear was released just this past weekend I’ve received my first ascended ring drop in WvW….

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Draknar.5748

So all future legendarys are now only for fractal grinders .. yeah great concept

Where was that stated? I think I missed the part that all future legendaries would require the Ascended salvage materials. Are you sure it isn’t one of those things where you can either get the precursor as a drop, or buy it on TP, or if you want to craft an untradeable item that you may have to collect items from salvaging Ascended.

I don’t think they’ve given the specifics on it.

If they have I apologize.

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Where was that stated? (snip)

" Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting. These can also be traded in for fractal encryption keys."

-gw2 reddit article on Legendary back piece

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

starlinvf.1358

+1

How are you only at level 13 when you do them at least 3 times a week? Did you just start doing them like 4 weeks ago? I’m only at level 13, but that’s because I’ve only done them about 13 times.

Cuz I only do runs for the dailies, or if someone needs helps. With most of the fractal regulars I know doing 30+, theres little incentive to carry me up that far, nor do I want to grind out fractal levels and AR do 30+ fractals that I still screw up on at lvl 10.

While I do find them a nice change of pace, the only reason I do them is for pristine fractals for the occasional special crafting (like Light of Dwayna and Mawdry) or for asc rings when I decide to properly kit out a character I haven’t touched in a while.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the design approach to the individual fractals. I just hate the gear treadmill process for high level fractals, nor do I run them enough to take it seriously.

Beldin.5498

Where was that stated? I think I missed the part that all future legendaries would require the Ascended salvage materials. Are you sure it isn’t one of those things where you can either get the precursor as a drop, or buy it on TP, or if you want to craft an untradeable item that you may have to collect items from salvaging Ascended.

I don’t think they’ve given the specifics on it.

Here
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all will provide a chance at the new ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and beyond. Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting

You see the talk about general “new legendary items” or “legendary crafting” so i
assume that means ALL new legendarys.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It seems pretty likely that ascended salvaging is primarily aimed at rings, which are ridiculously easy to get through fractals.

If that’s the plan, bull kitten on that plan, because they are very expensive to get outside of Fractals, and I don’t want to do Fractals, and God help them if they keep trying to get me to do Fractals. They always need viable options for gaining things that do not involve running Fractals. Fractals are not the answer.

- simply waiting and buying them for laurels (this has nothing to do with drop rates and gives a baseline for how long it maximum takes)

Last I checked, you could get around 35 gold for the same amount of Laurels as it costs to buy a ring, so while it may be cheaper than crafting gear, it’s not remotely cheap.

- for 10 pristine fractal relics which take a maximum of 10 days and a minimum of 3 days if fractal dailies are taken advantage of

Perhaps, but it sounds like they’re adding a ton of new stuff to buy with those too, and you have to do Fractals to earn them. And Fractals are lame.

So you admit to not using the most efficient method ingame to aquire the item you desire. Great, that’s all the information needed.

You have to consider all methods, sometimes the most efficient method is not one that people want to waste time on. Respect how people want to play the game.

And i guess the dark balls of energy will also we awarded through fractal encryptions and maybe other reward systems as well, so i doubt that someone has to craft ascended gear in order to salvage it and get enough dark energy for crafting a new legendary weapon or back item.

I would hope that you’re right, but ANet’s track record can be pretty sketchy on things like this, so I’d like them to confirm it before the feature actually launches, because they’ll be even more hesitant to walk it back once a bunch of players have already bought into the system.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

For everything exotic and up I use a Black Lion salvage kit. Exotic and up are the ONLY things I use these kits for, so I’ve actually built up a little bit of a stockpile. I think I have maybe a couple of hundred of them at the moment. Anyhow, it’s more than enough to salvage all my ascended gear.

BL kits give a 100% chance of recovering upgrades. Now, I’m not sure if that includes infusions or not. I don’t think it does.

I can see a form of abuse happening by players if this isn’t handled correctly. If salvaging rings for example is too profitable in terms of ingredients salvaged, people who are willing to camp out in higher level fractals will make ridiculous amounts of money until the cost of tier 6 materials (presumably what would be salvaged) drops to almost nothing. The cost of legendaries will drop as well as one of the main contributing factors to their cost is the cost of tier 6 materials.

This assumes that as per the original poster, a guaranteed maximum salvage occurs.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I want to be able to salvage my old WvW gear that has expensive runes in them.. You made ascended salvageable so I hope you didn’t forget about WvW gear. Even if you just give me back my runes I will be happy..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

They specifically mention Ascended Salvage Kits which leads me to believe that ONLY these kits can be used to salvage Ascended items. The fact that a fractals vendor is selling it however makes me thing all of this new Legendary crafting will revolve around or at least require some amount of fractal grinding. This concerns me as I have done some fractals, I certainly don’t want to be required to live there to craft a Legendary.

The fact that Dark Matter only comes from exotic items very much leads to Dark Energy only comes from Ascended items. I don’t think you can get Dark Matter from Exotic Trinkets (I am pretty sure have wasted some gold trying.) so I doubt you can get Dark Energy from Ascended Trinkets. That leaves only armor/weapons which do NOT drop like candy. Add in RNG on salvaging and your looking at a LOT of justifiably frustrated players. We have waited YEARS for a way around RNG to get pre-cursors and they fix that at the same time they repeat the mistake with Dark Energy. These Ascended Salvage kits had better NOT have RNG built in. Make them expensive or something but please fix this BEFORE release.

Draknar.5748

Where was that stated? (snip)

" Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting. These can also be traded in for fractal encryption keys."

-gw2 reddit article on Legendary back piece

Well then.

At the very least, if rings are what are necessary, there are a number of methods to obtain ascended rings outside of fractals. Fractals would simply be the most efficient.

Plus who knows, maybe in HoT there will be even more ways to get Ascended rings.

I don’t think it will be quite the forcing of fractals on players that others seem to think.

ScribeTheMad.7614

They clarified that the Ascended salvage kits would be available elsewhere outside the fractal vendors.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3f6ei6/the_brandnew_fractals_of_the_mists_legendary/ctlp4hv

That said, I’m pretty sure they specifically stated that the dark energy can come from trinkets (or was that the matrices thingies??)
But either way it’s going to be a problem if dark energy is a small chance drop (even as small as dark matter), regardless of getting it from trinkets or not.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

You can buy about a dozen cheap exotics and salvage them all with BL kits and get a few dark matter pretty reliably. Not cheap, but not ridiculous. Ascended are orders of magnitude more valuable and being forced to treat them like lottery tickets is just wrong.

ScribeTheMad.7614

Having to use a gem store salvage kit to get the best rates falls under pay to win, and I won’t have anything to do with it.

Using the best available in game salvage kit it took me dozens of exotics to get just the 10 dark matter needed for a single ascended weapon.
Some of us have continual bad luck when it comes to this stuff.
I have zero interest in dealing with this kind of bad luck, on that kind of RNG, on items that freaking expensive.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Cuz I only do runs for the dailies, or if someone needs helps. With most of the fractal regulars I know doing 30+, theres little incentive to carry me up that far, nor do I want to grind out fractal levels and AR do 30+ fractals that I still screw up on at lvl 10.

While I do find them a nice change of pace, the only reason I do them is for pristine fractals for the occasional special crafting (like Light of Dwayna and Mawdry) or for asc rings when I decide to properly kit out a character I haven’t touched in a while.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the design approach to the individual fractals. I just hate the gear treadmill process for high level fractals, nor do I run them enough to take it seriously.

Oh, when I do run, I run with people who do them all the time so I started out doing level 19’s or 29’s with zero AR. You only even need like 10 AR for up through lvl 29. I’m not sure I’ve ever actually done a fractal that was my own level or lower; always go in with people who have a much higher personal level.

You have to keep in mind that they specifically added Fractals to be a gear grind for the people who want a gear grind. It’s basically the entire reason they exist. Though, the gear grind part of it is the easy part.

sephiroth.4217

sephiroth im making my statment based on your first comment and the reply comming to that and your first comment is something a long the lines of:
+1
atleast if im not much mistaken and that statment is a general for the whole game as no game mode is mentioned and then saying that they drop a lot and it will max take 10 days of fractals clearly 10 days is a lot shorter then a month is simply showing your ignorance of that.
then trying to say that you only ment for wvw is just you trying to save face as your comment is clearly showing a general statment so if you want to make it from a wvw point of view then say so.
and im not upset about you think its a good ide that is up to you im just irritated you going agienst others when it is undeserved as they correct your mistake

and if you are after something the best way to get it is going to use the fastes rute atleast if it is needed for you to have fun and ant without it else the speed you gain anything is not important as it is just a game the importance is having fun.

Why would you keep going after Anet deleted like 10 posts and infractions?

And everything you said, is strait up wrong… I understand you joined our argument later in the conversation and didn’t bother to read all the posts, but like the other guy, you’re just pulling things out of a hat and/or manipulating words to your own advantage… You say I didn’t explain myself or say I was WvW player? The thing is, if Anet didnt delete the posts, you would see that I did say all those things, not only once but atleast 2-3 times, it was also my signature till I met the 2 of you.

My original post was +1 right?
Why did it upset the 2 of you so much? who knows
I never went against anyone, I just said +1 then that other fellow started abusing me for it, then you joined in.

Who ever thought
“+1
Ascended drop rates are extremely low, and earning a ring can take a month… That’s 1 ring that will fill up 1/6 slots for 1 character on 1 build.”
would offend someone so much, but I can guarentee you and the cyn bloke, that when I made my post, it wasnt directed at anyone except the OP because I supported the idea… I didn’t post it for you or the other person. So no need to make an issue of it.

….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

+1

And everything you said, is strait up wrong… I understand you joined our argument later in the conversation and didn’t bother to read all the posts, but like the other guy, you’re just pulling things out of a hat and/or manipulating words to your own advantage… You say I didn’t explain myself or say I was WvW player? The thing is, if Anet didnt delete the posts, you would see that I did say all those things, not only once but atleast 2-3 times, it was also my signature till I met the 2 of you.

I never went against anyone, I just said +1 then that other fellow started abusing me for it, then you joined in.

Who ever thought
“+1
Ascended drop rates are extremely low, and earning a ring can take a month… That’s 1 ring that will fill up 1/6 slots for 1 character on 1 build.” would offend someone so much, but I can guarentee you and the cyn bloke, that when I made my post, it wasnt directed at anyone except the OP because I supported the idea… I didn’t post it for you or the other person. So no need to make an issue of it.

A ring takes a maximum of 10 days to get and those of us who run fractals often end up getting extra rings we don’t need. So your comment was a huge exaggeration.

There are many of us who agree with the OP but we want an honest discussion that Anet can take seriously. Game devs don’t take wildly inaccurate comments seriously so saying something completely false and exaggerated like you did at best does nothing, at worst backfires.

sephiroth.4217

+1

Who ever thought
“+1
Ascended drop rates are extremely low, and earning a ring can take a month… That’s 1 ring that will fill up 1/6 slots for 1 character on 1 build.” would offend someone so much, but I can guarentee you and the cyn bloke, that when I made my post, it wasnt directed at anyone except the OP because I supported the idea… I didn’t post it for you or the other person. So no need to make an issue of it.

A ring takes a maximum of 10 days to get and those of us who run fractals often end up getting extra rings we don’t need. So your comment was a huge exaggeration.

There are many of us who agree with the OP but we want an honest discussion that Anet can take seriously. Game devs don’t take wildly inaccurate comments seriously so saying something completely false and exaggerated like you did at best does nothing, at worst backfires.

Oh I agree with There are many of us who agree with the OP but we want an honest discussion that Anet can take seriously which is why I’m so confused you need to make a big issue out of my +1 comment….

Its great PvE rewards you so much, personally I don’t need more ascended stuff, I Just support the OP idea…. why is this an issue for you?

I get your point about my first post being generalized, I was asked to explain it further, which I did. Why do you have such an issue with it I have no idea, atleast you’re not having a go at people who don’t enjoy PvE like the other person did I guess

Attachments:

….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

+1

Who ever thought
“+1

Oh I agree with There are many of us who agree with the OP but we want an honest discussion that Anet can take seriously which is why I’m so confused you need to make a big issue out of my +1 comment….

Its great PvE rewards you so much, personally I don’t need more ascended stuff, I Just support the OP idea…. why is this an issue for you?

Huge exaggerations usually hurt the player’s case when asking the dev for something.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Oh, is that how this all is going to work? I guess I still won’t be able to get any legendaries then, despite the upcoming system.

Good times.

Cyninja.2954

+1

Who ever thought
“+1
Ascended drop rates are extremely low, and earning a ring can take a month… That’s 1 ring that will fill up 1/6 slots for 1 character on 1 build.”
would offend someone so much, but I can guarentee you and the cyn bloke, that when I made my post, it wasnt directed at anyone except the OP because I supported the idea… I didn’t post it for you or the other person. So no need to make an issue of it.

Because what you stated was simply untrue.

Saying something is rare or hard to get in general,

versus

something is rare to hard to get via 1 game mode,

are 2 very different things. But keep going ahead and insulting other people. Fact of the matter remains, ascended rings are the easiest slot to come by in the game if you actually consider the entire game.

sephiroth.4217

+1

Who ever thought
“+1

versus

are 2 very different things. But keep going ahead and insulting other people. Fact of the matter remains, ascended rings are the easiest slot to come by in the game if you actually consider the entire game.

If you’re offended by +1 then you need help mate. I’ve also gave you your answers numerous time.

I won’t continue this stupidity with you guys, I support the OP idea, get over it.

….. And Elementalist.

Cyninja.2954

+1

Who ever thought
“+1

versus

If you’re offended by +1 then you need help mate. I’ve also gave you your answers numerous time.

I won’t continue this stupidity with you guys, I support the OP idea, get over it kiddo.

I could care less about your +1. The part after is the one that is nonsense. At any point in time you could have edited your original post to clear things up.

I tend to view things of how an inexperienced player might read a topic. What you said is blantly missleading without adding a wvw modifier to your statement.

starlinvf.1358

Oh, when I do run, I run with people who do them all the time so I started out doing level 19’s or 29’s with zero AR. You only even need like 10 AR for up through lvl 29. I’m not sure I’ve ever actually done a fractal that was my own level or lower; always go in with people who have a much higher personal level.

You have to keep in mind that they specifically added Fractals to be a gear grind for the people who want a gear grind. It’s basically the entire reason they exist. Though, the gear grind part of it is the easy part.

Thats why it bugs when they too heavily integrate it into crafting. WvW can be serious fun if the match ups are good, but dynamics there allow it to burn out slower. Fractals being so short, and so few, only burn out slower because the encounter setup is so much better then normal dungeons….. but you still get tired of them eventually.

10-20 pristine fractal don’t bother me because thats roughly 2 weeks with the typical fractal and double fractal daily bonuses; which I’d only have to do once per project. Thats not at all unreasonable. But when you start needing that for salvage, which inherently has <30-50% chance of giving you want you need, and needing several per item… that time frame for just ONE segment of a project becomes mind numbing if you can’t dilute it. Thats the biggest problem with daily time gates… you lose a huge amount of potential progress from just one day, even if that one day is only 1% of the total goal.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

All I do is WvW

Im a WvW player for 3 years now, level 1 fractal is my level lol, people who know me know I hate anything PvE and sometimes it was guild joke to try and get me to at least the dark room of EB JP without me rage quitting or to even finish a dungeon run without me again, leaving for wvw instead.

-snip-

Ascended gear isn’t really intended for WvW’ers, but for PvE’ers doing fractals.

If you don’t do fractals, you shouldn’t really have to care about ascended gear – that’s why Anet made it so hard yet so small of a gain. And the materials from rings is no different – they’re for stuff gained from Fractals.

If you don’t do fractals, you won’t get the new stuff. Simple as that. As a WvW-only player, you outright exclude yourself from the target audience of those changes.

TL;DR

To those who do fractals, so long as the salvage rates is the same as salvaging dark matter globs from exotics, there’s really no qualm. It’s not like you’re going to be salvaging ascended armor and weapons for this stuff – they’ve only mentioned rings, afair.

To those who don’t do fractals, you’re not the target audience and thus will have no need for these materials.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

All I do is WvW

Im a WvW player for 3 years now, level 1 fractal is my level lol, people who know me know I hate anything PvE and sometimes it was guild joke to try and get me to at least the dark room of EB JP without me rage quitting or to even finish a dungeon run without me again, leaving for wvw instead.

-snip-

Ascended gear isn’t really intended for WvW’ers, but for PvE’ers doing fractals.

If you don’t do fractals, you shouldn’t really have to care about ascended gear – that’s why Anet made it so hard yet so small of a gain. And the materials from rings is no different – they’re for stuff gained from Fractals.

If you don’t do fractals, you won’t get the new stuff. Simple as that. As a WvW-only player, you outright exclude yourself from the target audience of those changes.

TL;DR

To those who do fractals, so long as the salvage rates is the same as salvaging dark matter globs from exotics, there’s really no qualm. It’s not like you’re going to be salvaging ascended armor and weapons for this stuff – they’ve only mentioned rings, afair.

To those who don’t do fractals, you’re not the target audience and thus will have no need for these materials.

Kind of depends if they gate crafting for the new Legendary weapons behind fractals that are high enough to get ascended rings, which can then be salvaged for the balls of dark energy. I’m sure we can buy the rings with laurels, but that’s fairly time and Laurel expensive if the salvaging part Is going to be RNG.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

At the very least there should be a minimum set, and no chance at getting 0 ball of dark energy.