No culling, how does it work?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

I have to say, I’m super happy to finally be able to see your bright shining faces in game, however…..what I really need to see are the enemies.

One of the biggest issues for me in this game has been enemies not loading. Now that culling is turned off, do enemies load (even if they’re only basic models), or is it limited to players?

If it does just affect players, I would like to see an option to apply this to enemies. I NEED to see enemies.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I have to say, I’m super happy to finally be able to see your bright shining faces in game, however…..what I really need to see are the enemies.

One of the biggest issues for me in this game has been enemies not loading. Now that culling is turned off, do enemies load (even if they’re only basic models), or is it limited to players?

If it does just affect players, I would like to see an option to apply this to enemies. I NEED to see enemies.

I haven’t had any problems seeing NPCs, but, PCs all I see are name tags floating in a train to next event until location is reached and then characters will start appearing, I even have tags turned off. What I do like is the fact that my FPS has tripled since the new story update which I don’t understand.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I haven’t had any problems seeing NPCs, but, PCs all I see are name tags floating in a train to next event until location is reached and then characters will start appearing, I even have tags turned off. What I do like is the fact that my FPS has tripled since the new story update which I don’t understand.

That’s called optimization. You know, the thing which doesn’t happen according to some trolls.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

That’s called optimization. You know, the thing which doesn’t happen according to some trolls.

So that’s what that was, never saw it here before, sorry and not being a troll only honest in saying this is the first optimization I have witnessed, even with that I still like(not love like GW1) GW2.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)